LG 2011 HDTV LCD Lineup - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 1173 Old 03-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
nony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Village, NYC
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDude View Post

I thought they mentioned 288 zones for the 55. Did I read correctly that the LEX8s will not be marketed in the US? So we don't get the better models???

The Korean 55LEX8 has 288 zones. The Korean 55LW9500 has 240 zones. Yet, the CES press release indicates that the North American 55/60LW9500's have 288 zones. A slight discrepancy.

-nony
nony is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 1173 Old 03-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Member
 
zenmaster1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any news on availability of LW6500 or LW7700?

I'm waiting on those two.
zenmaster1978 is offline  
post #183 of 1173 Old 03-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Senior Member
 
cadmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 222
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by airplaneman777 View Post
Any idea when the 55lw9500 will be available in the US and how much?
Seconded.
cadmium is offline  
post #184 of 1173 Old 03-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Member
 
Trepanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by airplaneman777 View Post
Any idea when the 55lw9500 will be available in the US and how much?
Well, given that 55lw9500 was just added on Amazon.com with a ship date of 1-2 months,
I'd guess that is will be sometime before the end of May...
Trepanator is offline  
post #185 of 1173 Old 03-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
AnotherDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

The Korean 55LEX8 has 288 zones. The Korean 55LW9500 has 240 zones. Yet, the CES press release indicates that the North American 55/60LW9500's have 288 zones. A slight discrepancy.

-nony

I think 20% qualifies for more than "slight", not to mention the # of LEDs ... and why would they not market their most upscale tech in the US?

Can we infer that perhaps there are model designation differences among the various markets, and that the US 7700/9700 models are the equivalent of the Korean LEX8s? Could they make this a little more confusing???
AnotherDude is offline  
post #186 of 1173 Old 03-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
nony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Village, NYC
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDude View Post

I think 20% qualifies for more than "slight", not to mention the # of LEDs ... and why would they not market their most upscale tech in the US?

Can we infer that perhaps there are model designation differences among the various markets, and that the US 7700/9700 models are the equivalent of the Korean LEX8s? Could they make this a little more confusing???

I think that the marketing folks play it fast and loose. They could mix and match panel types/backlight assemblies to meet local market expectations, but they probably know that we talk around the world amongst ourselves and compare notes.

It is possible that the posted specs for the Korean market are inaccurate or only pertain to the Korean models and that the North American 47/55/60LW9500's have the LCMs/BLUs of the Korean 47/55LEX8's (and not the LCMs/BLUs of the Korean 47/55LW9500's). However, that would break their global press releases, and global advertising efforts.

-nony
nony is offline  
post #187 of 1173 Old 03-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Member
 
Schlar01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The 55LW9500 is listed but not available yet on google shopping from two stores for $4K.

http://www.google.com/search?q=55lw9...0c973786b8478e
Schlar01 is offline  
post #188 of 1173 Old 03-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Morning5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 288
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDude View Post

I think 20% qualifies for more than "slight", not to mention the # of LEDs ... and why would they not market their most upscale tech in the US?

I agree.
Morning5 is offline  
post #189 of 1173 Old 03-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
nony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Village, NYC
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning5 View Post

I agree.

There is no need to guess. Why don't we get a clarification from Jay Vandenbree and/or Tim Alessi.

-nony
nony is offline  
post #190 of 1173 Old 03-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
AnotherDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

There is no need to guess. Why don't we get a clarification from Jay Vandenbree and/or Tim Alessi.

-nony

+100
Ahh! Nothing like facts to kill the fun out of rampant speculation . Who are they (forgive my ignorance), and how do we do that?

BTW, is 55" the largest LW7700?
AnotherDude is offline  
post #191 of 1173 Old 03-02-2011, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
eneyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
well i'm gonna visit sears and best buy tomorrow to see if any new models landed there yet.. will report on my findings.
eneyman is offline  
post #192 of 1173 Old 03-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
nony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Village, NYC
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDude View Post

+100
Ahh! Nothing like facts to kill the fun out of rampant speculation . Who are they (forgive my ignorance), and how do we do that?

BTW, is 55" the largest LW7700?

Correct - 55LW7700

Jay Vandenbree - Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment
Tim Alessi - Director of New Product Development for Home Electronics

-nony
nony is offline  
post #193 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Neptune76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone please provide some clarification between

LG Infinia 55LW5600 and 55LW6500?

Is the only different 120hz -> 240hz?

Does the 240hz solve the problem of the passive 3D 540p per frame thing?
Neptune76 is offline  
post #194 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 05:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Paul33993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune76 View Post

Can anyone please provide some clarification between

LG Infinia 55LW5600 and 55LW6500?

Is the only different 120hz -> 240hz?

Does the 240hz solve the problem of the passive 3D 540p per frame thing?

It has nothing to do with interlaced 3D. Both models are identical in that tech.

As for 120 - 240 differences, just remember that if you're a gamer, game mode (to reduce input lag) will be 60 hz on both models.
Paul33993 is offline  
post #195 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 11:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 11,840
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #196 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Neptune76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul33993 View Post

It has nothing to do with interlaced 3D. Both models are identical in that tech.

As for 120 - 240 differences, just remember that if you're a gamer, game mode (to reduce input lag) will be 60 hz on both models.

I don't think you can change the hz like that..

so really there is no diff between 120 and 240?
Neptune76 is offline  
post #197 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Member
 
Tapioca Cold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
For everyone on here thinking the LEX8 is the next best thing since sliced bread...

It has a design flaw. The bezel is so slim that in 3D mode it has massive edge light leakage problems.

In 2D the picture is excellent but does have horizontal and vertical banding issues. I'm not picky like most of the others on here either, so some might find the picture worse than I did. There is blooming.

In 3D mode it's so bad that it is unwatchable. Here are some pics. One is from my first set. It was worse on the first set, but the second set still had the issue.

As you can see the bottom of the screen is terrible. The LG tech guy comes over (I live in Korea) and says that it happens with LEX8's (because the slim bezel) and can't be fixed. In order to return something in Korea (you guys are lucky back home. You have 30 days no questions asked. Here...well listen) there has to be a "problem" with the set. The LG tech guy comes to visit and then he will report to the company that the set is defective and then they will return it. However, he says that there is no problem and that i can't return it. He says it's normal (yeah, welcome to Korea). It's common here sometimes to have people try to pull the wool over you eyes. I complained to the store I bought it from and they decided to exchange it for me (reluctantly).

I'm getting the Passive 55LW5700 today. It looks amazing in 3D, plus larger size for the same price. However I am sacrificing picture quality. I like the fact that there was no flashlighting (in 2D) on the LEX8. I'm sure it will be present on the 5700. I believe the 5700 is the Korean model and it is 240hz.

The LEX8 is the sexiest TV I have ever seen, but in 3D (plus the ghosting is terrible as well and the glasses are uncomfortable and terrible too) it's truely awful. Also, in 2D there was still som faint light leakage problems in the corners of the screen. Once again i believe the slim bezel causes this.

Hope this helps.

So much to more say but I hate typing and this took me an hour.
LL
LL
LL
LL
Tapioca Cold is offline  
post #198 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Paul33993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune76 View Post

I don't think you can change the hz like that..

so really there is no diff between 120 and 240?

Sure they can. Those sets are just taking a 60 hz signal and interpolating it to 120/240hz through processing of the image. That's why game mode often disables interpolation and displays a 60hz signal. It's one of the processing modes that creates lag.

Active 3D sets can actually input at 120hz @720P, so that's another story. But since this set is doing interlaced 3D, there's zero reason to input at 120hz in any mode.

As for differences? I can't tell you with certainty. All I can say is I couldn't spot any differences in the technical material other than 120/240 and it's why I'm focused on the 5600 models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Well its official now, LG xxLW5600 Owners thread >>> Click Here

Eagerly anticipating his review.
Paul33993 is offline  
post #199 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Senior Member
 
ahwig60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fairfax co. Northern virginia
Posts: 384
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca Cold View Post

For everyone on here thinking the LEX8 is the next best thing since sliced bread...

It has a design flaw. The bezel is so slim that in 3D mode it has massive edge light leakage problems.

In 2D the picture is excellent but does have horizontal and vertical banding issues. I'm not picky like most of the others on here either, so some might find the picture worse than I did. There is blooming.

In 3D mode it's so bad that it is unwatchable. Here are some pics. One is from my first set. It was worse on the first set, but the second set still had the issue.

As you can see the bottom of the screen is terrible. The LG tech guy comes over (I live in Korea) and says that it happens with LEX8's (because the slim bezel) and can't be fixed. In order to return something in Korea (you guys are lucky back home. You have 30 days no questions asked. Here...well listen) there has to be a "problem" with the set. The LG tech guy comes to visit and then he will report to the company that the set is defective and then they will return it. However, he says that there is no problem and that i can't return it. He says it's normal (yeah, welcome to Korea). It's common here sometimes to have people try to pull the wool over you eyes. I complained to the store I bought it from and they decided to exchange it for me (reluctantly).

I'm getting the Passive 55LW5700 today. It looks amazing in 3D, plus larger size for the same price. However I am sacrificing picture quality. I like the fact that there was no flashlighting (in 2D) on the LEX8. I'm sure it will be present on the 5700. I believe the 5700 is the Korean model and it is 240hz.

The LEX8 is the sexiest TV I have ever seen, but in 3D (plus the ghosting is terrible as well and the glasses are uncomfortable and terrible too) it's truely awful. Also, in 2D there was still som faint light leakage problems in the corners of the screen. Once again i believe the slim bezel causes this.

Hope this helps.

So much to more say but I hate typing and this took me an hour.

thanks for taking the time to let us know, why don't they see these problems with the first production models protypes so they can fix these things before shipping them out
ahwig60 is offline  
post #200 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sheshechic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 2,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
It can't be fixed. All those super thin sets have that problem.

sheshechic is offline  
post #201 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
nony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Village, NYC
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca Cold View Post

For everyone on here thinking the LEX8 is the next best thing since sliced bread...

It has a design flaw. The bezel is so slim that in 3D mode it has massive edge light leakage problems.

In 2D the picture is excellent but does have horizontal and vertical banding issues. I'm not picky like most of the others on here either, so some might find the picture worse than I did. There is blooming.

In 3D mode it's so bad that it is unwatchable. Here are some pics. One is from my first set. It was worse on the first set, but the second set still had the issue.

As you can see the bottom of the screen is terrible. The LG tech guy comes over (I live in Korea) and says that it happens with LEX8's (because the slim bezel) and can't be fixed. In order to return something in Korea (you guys are lucky back home. You have 30 days no questions asked. Here...well listen) there has to be a "problem" with the set. The LG tech guy comes to visit and then he will report to the company that the set is defective and then they will return it. However, he says that there is no problem and that i can't return it. He says it's normal (yeah, welcome to Korea). It's common here sometimes to have people try to pull the wool over you eyes. I complained to the store I bought it from and they decided to exchange it for me (reluctantly).

I'm getting the Passive 55LW5700 today. It looks amazing in 3D, plus larger size for the same price. However I am sacrificing picture quality. I like the fact that there was no flashlighting (in 2D) on the LEX8. I'm sure it will be present on the 5700. I believe the 5700 is the Korean model and it is 240hz.

The LEX8 is the sexiest TV I have ever seen, but in 3D (plus the ghosting is terrible as well and the glasses are uncomfortable and terrible too) it's truely awful. Also, in 2D there was still som faint light leakage problems in the corners of the screen. Once again i believe the slim bezel causes this.

Hope this helps.

So much to more say but I hate typing and this took me an hour.

Have you taken a look at the 55LW9500?

http://www.lge.co.kr/brand/infinia/p...catid=ecat3905

-nony
nony is offline  
post #202 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 PM
Member
 
Tapioca Cold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yeah, Nony, I've seen it. Actually it looks nice However, it just got that seriously reflective glass on the front. I have a sun lit room and it would just not suffice. Like I said the 2D picture quality of the LEX8 is great. Inky, inky blacks (minus a bit of leakage in 2d). I wanted to replace it with the LW7700 (mat screen), and although the store guy said it was in his system, he was not sure of the release. I'm thinking in the next week or two here.

I've also seen the new Samsung UND8000. It's nice. Lots of apps.

However, I received my LG 55 LW5700 this morning. Like I said, I got it for the same price as the 47 LEX8. I got a bright room and it works much better with the mat screen. And although the 3D mode is half resolution, i look at it this way:

The ghosting effect on the LEX8 was atrocious. Also, 3D games aren't 1080p anyways and since there is no ghosting (at all) and the image is absolutely flicker free, the LW5700 ends up looking better in the end. Plus the glasses are 10 bucks for two, look great, don't need to be charged, won't malfunction or lose sync, and don't weigh a thing.

Gonna have a look at 2D picture quality tonight. I'm sure I'll see some flashlighting, but in my opinion, I think I made the right choice.

If you guys need any info on sets over here I'll try to give a hand.
Tapioca Cold is offline  
post #203 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
AnotherDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 676
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
OK, what are the key differences between the LW7700 and the LW9500 besides 240Hz vs. 480Hz and the 60" for the 9500? I thought the 7700 was 2D, but according to HDTV-etc's article on the new LG stuff it's active 3D.

http://www.hdtvetc.com/hdtv/lgs-2011...y-overview.php
AnotherDude is offline  
post #204 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
nony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Village, NYC
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca Cold View Post

Yeah, Nony, I've seen it. Actually it looks nice However, it just got that seriously reflective glass on the front. I have a sun lit room and it would just not suffice. Like I said the 2D picture quality of the LEX8 is great. Inky, inky blacks (minus a bit of leakage in 2d). I wanted to replace it with the LW7700 (mat screen), and although the store guy said it was in his system, he was not sure of the release. I'm thinking in the next week or two here.

I've also seen the new Samsung UND8000. It's nice. Lots of apps.

However, I received my LG 55 LW5700 this morning. Like I said, I got it for the same price as the 47 LEX8. I got a bright room and it works much better with the mat screen. And although the 3D mode is half resolution, i look at it this way:

The ghosting effect on the LEX8 was atrocious. Also, 3D games aren't 1080p anyways and since there is no ghosting (at all) and the image is absolutely flicker free, the LW5700 ends up looking better in the end. Plus the glasses are 10 bucks for two, look great, don't need to be charged, won't malfunction or lose sync, and don't weigh a thing.

Gonna have a look at 2D picture quality tonight. I'm sure I'll see some flashlighting, but in my opinion, I think I made the right choice.

If you guys need any info on sets over here I'll try to give a hand.

So the 47LEX8 has a matte screen, and even if the backlight bleed is [largely?] masked when local dimming is enabled, in PC mode/game mode local dimming is disabled and the bleed is painfully obvious.

Am I getting that part right?

-nony
nony is offline  
post #205 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Member
 
airplaneman777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the 55lx9500 and I have it in a bright room. The glare and reflection on it is horrible, other than that it's a great tv. I hear that the lw9500 is supposed to have an anti-reflection screen on it, anyone hear if it's supposed to be alot better and bearable in a bright room? Hopefully they fixed this problem!
airplaneman777 is offline  
post #206 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
nony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Village, NYC
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by airplaneman777 View Post

I have the 55lx9500 and I have it in a bright room. The glare and reflection on it is horrible, other than that it's a great tv. I hear that the lw9500 is supposed to have an anti-reflection screen on it, anyone hear if it's supposed to be alot better and bearable in a bright room? Hopefully they fixed this problem!

There's no AR treatment of the front polarizer or front glass on our domestic LX9500's/LE8500's?

-nony
nony is offline  
post #207 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
caeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Is there any availability information on the 60LW9500?

Samsung PN60F8500, Panasonic TH-42PD25U/P, Pioneer VSX-1018TXH-K, Oppo BDP-93, Aperion Audio 5T&5C, HSU STF-2, PS3, Wii, HTPC, SD Homerun Prime, Ceton Echo
caeguy is offline  
post #208 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gmarceau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,080
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 42
How is there light leaking by the letterbox bars if this is a local dimming set? Does the light leakage happen when the local dimming is enabled?

"If you weren't such an ignorant troll, you'd be adorable" -rogo
gmarceau is offline  
post #209 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Advanced Member
 
nony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Village, NYC
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDude View Post

OK, what are the key differences between the LW7700 and the LW9500 besides 240Hz vs. 480Hz and the 60" for the 9500? I thought the 7700 was 2D, but according to HDTV-etc's article on the new LG stuff it's active 3D.

http://www.hdtvetc.com/hdtv/lgs-2011...y-overview.php

For the most part, we don't know too much beyond the press release -

http://www.lgnewsroom.com/newsroom/c...post_index=813 which is consistent with your reference.

-nony
nony is offline  
post #210 of 1173 Old 03-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
nony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: West Village, NYC
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarceau View Post

How is there light leaking by the letterbox bars if this is a local dimming set? Does the light leakage happen when the local dimming is enabled?

To what extent is light leakage apparent when it is masked with local dimming enabled? If you meant that as a general question I will take a shot.

If your question was directed to Tapioca Cold (which in retrospect, I believe it was) specific to his 47LEX8, I will remain silent.

If your question was meant to be a statement that one shouldn't see the back light leaking in the letterbox bars with local dimming enabled, then I agree. In some viewing applications it may be irrelevant. (My set is 55LHX and I do have backlight bleed (lower corners), which I can't perceive with LD enabled.)

-nony
nony is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off