Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by irkuck View Post

Highlight of the coming first review of the Elite 70" tells this:

1. Best in Class Black Level
2. Best in Class White Field Uniformity
3. Awesome Color Accuracy
4. Very good motion resolution and handling of 24fps from Blu-ray

To me this means Elite is the best LCD ever in the eyes of the reviewer but it is not matching up to the best of plasma.

or he doesn't want to be attacked by the crazy kuro fan boys ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1421 Old 08-09-2011, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well i think i am going to hang on and see what 2012 has to offer.I would like to get a 70" or bigger Micro led using Quantum dots and NANOSYS new color coated blue leds for OLED color fidelity in a 4k resolution.And add in a thunderbolt Connection for up to 10 GPS connection speed.I know LG is using the Quantum dots for the new micro led and may soon use the new blue coating for exceptional color.Did you get all that TV manufacturers .
post #993 of 1421 Old 08-09-2011, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfun View Post

Well i think i am going to hang on and see what 2012 has to offer.I would like to get a 70" or bigger Micro led using Quantum dots and NANOSYS new color coated blue leds for OLED color fidelity in a 4k resolution.And add in a thunderbolt Connection for up to 10 GPS connection speed.I know LG is using the Quantum dots for the new micro led and may soon use the new blue coating for exceptional color.Did you get all that TV manufacturers .

Make it 80"+ and I am thinking along the same lines. But it has to be matte. None of that mirrored screen stuff.

"Nature Abhors a Vacuum Tube" -  J. R. Pierce
post #994 of 1421 Old 08-10-2011, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Be realistic: manufs are struggling to get any buck of profits from TV business and many of them are getting out of it, consumers are looking for el cheapo stuff and economies are going down the drain. You are most likely not going to splurge good 5-digit sums on TV, aren't you?

irkuck
post #995 of 1421 Old 08-11-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:

Be realistic: manufs are struggling to get any buck of profits from TV business and many of them are getting out of it, consumers are looking for el cheapo stuff and economies are going down the drain. You are most likely not going to splurge good 5-digit sums on TV, aren't you?

Well i guess you dont remember the big scam by panel manufacturers a few years back where all the big players were implicated.Price fixing anti trust laws and general evasivness was the flavour of the day.They all eventually had to pay up in large fines.So if you think that the industry is being truthfull with you on profit just open your wallet and turn away.I guess billions they make from research ,sales and government susidies is just paying there rent......Really.Your right just keep turning out the same mediocer overprice desposibal stuff every year.
post #996 of 1421 Old 08-11-2011, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well i guess you dont remember the big scam by panel manufacturers a few years back where all the big players were implicated.Price fixing anti trust laws and general evasivness was the flavour of the day.They all eventually had to pay up in large fines.So if you think that the industry is being truthfull with you on profit just open your wallet and turn away.I guess billions they make from research ,sales and government susidies is just paying there rent......Really.Your right just keep turning out the same mediocer overprice desposibal stuff every year.

Eh, rather not so. They turned to cartel in desperation since price erosion is so fast any profits disappear and it is very hard to get investment paid. This is not as you think: look e.g at Sony - they were making losses for many ys and now are moving out of business, Pioneer did this some ys ago, Philips is out of manuf, Hitachi out too. Do you think they would be leaving this business if there is lots of money there? TV business is cut-throat with lots of hemorrhaging. Now even No.1 Samsung is reporting big problems.

irkuck
post #997 of 1421 Old 08-11-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:

Eh, rather not so. They turned to cartel in desperation since price erosion is so fast any profits disappear and it is very hard to get investment paid. This is not as you think: look e.g at Sony - they were making losses for many ys and now are moving out of business, Pioneer did this some ys ago, Philips is out of manuf, Hitachi out too. Do you think they would be leaving this business if there is lots of money there? TV business is cut-throat with lots of hemorrhaging. Now even No.1 Samsung is reporting big problems.

I suggest you do some research on what really happened,Your saying there was no antitrust law suit against the big manufacturers for collusion.I would say the rest of the world knows somthing you dont. I am not an ostridge.
post #998 of 1421 Old 08-11-2011, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Sony to Restructure TV Business
http://www.hdtvetc.com/hdtv/sony-to-...v-business.php

After 8 yrs of losing money in he TV manufacture...
post #999 of 1421 Old 08-11-2011, 02:32 PM

again this is a non conversation since you are only picking out what you want to respond to and where you want to stear it.In a court thats called leading the witness.You totally avoided my points about collusion and futhermore didnt even read your own articall about outsourcing .It said in general profits were down due to sluggish markets.It did say it could not compete with Lg.Samsung .The big thing is companys always say they are loosing money.Its a realitive statment,depends on how you want to play the numbers in your book keeping in otherwords its called creative accounting.Unless you actually work in there accounting firm ?I say if you have a big company and dont know how to compete or innovate to stay ahead of the pac then yes get to the back of the line and dont put the blame on the consumers shoulders for your mishandeling or greed and stagnation or holding back till its to late to do anything but sink.Do you work for Best buy or somthing?
post #1000 of 1421 Old 08-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
https://picasaweb.google.com/1074882...gE&feat=email#

pics of the sharp at elite robert unpacking it.

My Current 7.1 Set-Up
(2) Monitor Audio RS8'S: Fronts
(2) Monitor Audio RS8'S: Rear back
(1) Monitor Audio RSLCR: Centre channel
(2) Monitor Audio RSFX: Surrounds sides
(1) Paradigm Signature Sub25
Pioneer Elite SC-05
Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD
OPPO DV-981HD
Sony Play Station 3
APC Power Conditioner...
post #1001 of 1421 Old 08-12-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whasaaaab View Post
https://picasaweb.google.com/1074882...gE&feat=email#

pics of the sharp at elite robert unpacking it.
where is the shop?
post #1002 of 1421 Old 08-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
where is the shop?
value electronics dot com

new york i think scarsdale its on the site

My Current 7.1 Set-Up
Pioneer Elite SC-05
Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD
OPPO DV-981HD
Sony Play Station 3
APC Power Conditioner...
post #1003 of 1421 Old 08-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

There is a post on another thread that the 75" Samsung has been cancelled for this year.

"Samsung is very aware that there are many customers that have been waiting for the launch, however we sincerely regret to inform you that the 75 LED, 75D9500 will not launch this year due to technical issues."

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1325589&page=3

All aboard the sharp/elite train

My Current 7.1 Set-Up
Pioneer Elite SC-05
Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD
OPPO DV-981HD
Sony Play Station 3
APC Power Conditioner...
post #1004 of 1421 Old 08-13-2011, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There is a post on another thread that the 75" Samsung has been cancelled for this year.

"Samsung is very aware that there are many customers that have been waiting for the launch, however we sincerely regret to inform you that the 75” LED, 75D9500 will not launch this year due to technical issues."

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post20810186

All aboard the sharp/elite train

If this is true (no email details given in the message, there is chaos in Samsung) it means Sharp massacred both Samsung and LG this year at the very top. But let's wait for stable confirmation before jumping on the elite train.

irkuck
post #1005 of 1421 Old 08-13-2011, 12:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:

If this is true (no email details given in the message, there is chaos in Samsung) it means Sharp massacred both Samsung and LG this year at the very top. But let's wait for stable confirmation before jumping on the elite train.

Or it means they couldn't make the TV, which is no surpise since 2+ years later they can barely make 65" LCDs.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #1006 of 1421 Old 08-14-2011, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Or it means they couldn't make the TV, which is no surpise since 2+ years later they can barely make 65" LCDs.

I have to agree with both of you, but if they do make the 75 inch next year Sharp is supposed to come out with an 80inch, so hmmmmm samsung would have to come out with a slamming 75inch or match the 80inch

I am sure it will be even better than the TV they just launced, minor tweaks here and there.

My Current 7.1 Set-Up
Pioneer Elite SC-05
Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD
OPPO DV-981HD
Sony Play Station 3
APC Power Conditioner...
post #1007 of 1421 Old 08-14-2011, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

75 incher was officially announced and sales launched in Korea (no information about actual sales though). So they can make it and probably are making it. It looks they also had a plan to sell it elswhere but if it is postponed the only explanation is they were bulldozhed by Sharp. Let's wait and see what will be shown and told at IFA Berlin beg. Sept.

irkuck
post #1008 of 1421 Old 08-14-2011, 01:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

" if it is postponed the only explanation is they were bulldozhed by Sharp"

Yes, clearly, that is the only possible explanation in the universe. Thank you for clarifying that.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
post #1009 of 1421 Old 08-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

the sharp/elite is not available as yet in canada so itgives me more time to save, but cant wait to see one in action.

Bulldozed sounds about right :-) or they have something else up their sleeve. 2012 will be an interesting year for TV'S I bet.

They will all be gunning for Sharp and Pioneer.

My Current 7.1 Set-Up
Pioneer Elite SC-05
Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD
OPPO DV-981HD
Sony Play Station 3
APC Power Conditioner...
post #1010 of 1421 Old 08-14-2011, 10:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I have to agree with both of you, but if they do make the 75 inch next year Sharp is supposed to come out with an 80inch, so hmmmmm samsung would have to come out with a slamming 75inch or match the 80inch

I am sure it will be even better than the TV they just launced, minor tweaks here and there.

I tried to math out an 80" Sharp. I wasn't overwhelmed by its prospects. If it does ship, it will blow away completely the notion that there is something to making a single sheet with all same size LCDs. Unless it ships but it also completely disproportionately priced to the rest of the line. It's one or the other.

post #1011 of 1421 Old 08-15-2011, 12:06 AM

LG 72 is on sale in china, Korea,HongKong .I think its more that they cant produce the numbers to make the price low enough to compete.Even if they used Gorilla Glass to make the panels very strong extra thin ,thus not needing a big frame,and cutting the coast.
post #1012 of 1421 Old 08-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I tried to math out an 80" Sharp. I wasn't overwhelmed by its prospects. If it does ship, it will blow away completely the notion that there is something to making a single sheet with all same size LCDs. Unless it ships but it also completely disproportionately priced to the rest of the line. It's one or the other.
since the 70" is $8999 i would have to guess $10'999 or they just lower the rest of the line up and make it $9999 etc.. Sharp is coming out with 4 different 70" units I would say that odds of these larger displays coming out is good for all manufacturers next year......

I sheet of glass can make how many tv's? i know i have read it somewhere but cant remember.

I am going to the taves show in september so they shoud have a booth and iw ill definitly ask that question if there will be an 80". but wouldnt it be based on the demand of the 70" or they would know the only high end consumers would buy it.

I was considering a projector and have been doing a lot of research but if this Tv does come out i will definitly do the 80".

My Current 7.1 Set-Up
Pioneer Elite SC-05
Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD
OPPO DV-981HD
Sony Play Station 3
APC Power Conditioner...
post #1013 of 1421 Old 08-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

quote from another site

"I believe next year's Elite will be slightly cheaper. First gen stuff is usually quite expensive. Maybe they'll come out with a 80" for 9,999.99 USD?"

I know this is true for some things but what do you all think

My Current 7.1 Set-Up
Pioneer Elite SC-05
Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD
OPPO DV-981HD
Sony Play Station 3
APC Power Conditioner...
post #1014 of 1421 Old 08-15-2011, 02:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 539
post #1015 of 1421 Old 08-15-2011, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
since the 70" is $8999 i would have to guess $10'999 or they just lower the rest of the line up and make it $9999 etc.. Sharp is coming out with 4 different 70" units I would say that odds of these larger displays coming out is good for all manufacturers next year......

I sheet of glass can make how many tv's? i know i have read it somewhere but cant remember. .
You are missing the point. The reality is that 80" does not cut well into the Sharp 10G glass. You'd have to cut a couple of 80s along with a bunch of 46s and you'd still get a small -- but real -- chunk of waste. There is no other way to cut it (well, technically you could make 2 80" displays and have a gigantic chunk of waste glass, which would put the 80" displays somewhere around $20,000 I'd guess by the time they hit retail).

It's actually possible that the 80" would be better made at an older Sharp fab, but I wasn't really in the mood to look up all the motherglass sizes and math it out because we never did get a clear answer to the whole "can you efficiently make a sheet into multiple sizes?" question. If you can, I could imagine them making 80s using the 10G fab to make limited production (which is fine, global demand for a TV that big is pretty small period). If you can't currently do that at all -- or importantly at Sharp's fabs -- than it's just hype and rumor right now.

post #1016 of 1421 Old 08-15-2011, 05:28 PM

i think many of the guys are missing the big picture .The have to make the tvs bigger to correctly show 1080p for 3D you need a 70 inch screen at native 4k to see all the resolution at 9 feet away.They are being made bigger to sell you something bigger and better down the line.And 4k is coming weather you believe it or not ,16k is the NHK goal to be standard by 2018-2025.
post #1017 of 1421 Old 08-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Quote:

If the mirror surface is confirmed it means Elite is epic proportion flop. Those watching in totally dark rooms may be attracted to it but any light will be making the TV awfully distracting.

Not necessarily. I had a 21" CRT computer monitor from the top rated monitor manufacturer at the time. The monitor was almost twice as expensive as anything else on the market, including their other models. They put a very high end multi-layer anti-glare coating on it which was absolutely amazing. Light just would not reflect off that screen. I spoke to a guy at the the company, and he said the coating cost them a fortune, which was the reason no one else did it.

It's possible Elite may do something like this, which would really shake up the TV market.

Michael
post #1018 of 1421 Old 08-15-2011, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 329
92" Mits DLP- If I could get one where I live it's what would be going in my eventual HT room.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #1019 of 1421 Old 08-15-2011, 09:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 539
post #1020 of 1421 Old 08-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You are missing the point. The reality is that 80" does not cut well into the Sharp 10G glass. You'd have to cut a couple of 80s along with a bunch of 46s and you'd still get a small -- but real -- chunk of waste. There is no other way to cut it (well, technically you could make 2 80" displays and have a gigantic chunk of waste glass, which would put the 80" displays somewhere around $20,000 I'd guess by the time they hit retail).

It's actually possible that the 80" would be better made at an older Sharp fab, but I wasn't really in the mood to look up all the motherglass sizes and math it out because we never did get a clear answer to the whole "can you efficiently make a sheet into multiple sizes?" question. If you can, I could imagine them making 80s using the 10G fab to make limited production (which is fine, global demand for a TV that big is pretty small period). If you can't currently do that at all -- or importantly at Sharp's fabs -- than it's just hype and rumor right now.

Thanks for clearing it up i understand now i was just a bit confused from what I have read and heard.

My Current 7.1 Set-Up
Pioneer Elite SC-05
Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD
OPPO DV-981HD
Sony Play Station 3
APC Power Conditioner...
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Lz 9700 72 Inch Led Display , Sharp Lc 70le732u Aquos 70 1080p Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv , Displays , Sharp Aquos , Lg , Sharp
Gear in this thread - 70le732u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page