Help choose vizio xvt473sv or sony nsx-46gt1 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-21-2011, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes3 weeks of back and forth. leaning vizio but concerned of functions ...

They each seem to have advantages. does a web browser out perform a VIA app program in the future? a web browser allows more searching and etc...

Any insight on both and why is appreciated!

vizio xvt473sv or sony nsx-46gt1

ready to buy today! just stuck choosing . both end up around $1300-$1400 delivered... so if both were the same price..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Much has been written about the VIZIO, but not as much regarding the Sony. Here's what CNet had to say about the Sony:

The good: Integrated TV and Google TV software enables potential access to virtually all video sources media through one interface and search bar; full Chrome browser supports Flash and HTML5 video; includes RF QWERTY remote; built-in Wi-Fi; user interface overlays over TV content from cable/satellite box; can control TV, AV receiver, and cable/satellite box with external IR emitters; Android Market coming in 2011; relatively accurate color performance; sleek design; plenty of power-saving options.

The bad: Poor screen uniformity apparent with many Google TV sources; produces light black levels; some flashing in shadows at times; frustrating touch pad and overlarge keyboard on remote; sparse analog connectivity; major content providers like Hulu, CBS, and ABC are currently blocking Google TV; interface geared toward power users; Google's "universal" search doesn't search Netflix; antiquated Netflix interface; limited app selection at launch; lag and some bugs with current software.

Your money, your choice.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Your money, your choice.

Thanks for the relpy, I did read that review as well. All info welcome! I am just concerned that the sony with google in the end will outperfrom the VIzio which has limited apps.

as well as the idea that android apps will work on the sony and i havent heard that in regard to the Vizio.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

BUMP HELP! want to buy today? any seen both side by side or compared these?
Old 01-21-2011, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess I don't know why you're giving up a TV with a great picture for one with more "goodies" on it, some of which don't even work. I guess I'm the only one who wants to help since you apparently can't make a decision on your own:

One thought on the VIZIO:

"A Vizio in your living room might not have impressed your snobby videophile friends in the past, but the company known for budget LCDs is doing its best to change that. The XVT3SV series, Vizio's third attempt at using a full array of local dimming LEDs to compete with the other brands' flagship LCDs, is in our book its most successful. The XVT3 stands among the best LCDs we've tested in the crucial areas of black level and color, and its matte screen--rare among high-end LEDs today--means superior bright-room performance compared with just about anything available."

Another review:

"Was worth the wait! Nice deep blacks and bright whites for a super clear picture. Rich colors, but most impressed by the life like motion. 240hz makes a difference. I really wanted true LED back lit because the edge lit versions from the other brands at the same price appeared a little washed out. To get the same quality on a more well known brand like Sony or Samsung you'll need to spend about $600 more. Internet apps are cool, but not sure how much I'll use them since my Panasonic blu-ray has this too and seems to handle video more smoothly from the web. All in all a great deal for high end non-3D LED/LCD TV."

I guess it all depends on what your priorities are. We can't walk into the store with you and hold your hand while you make a decision. Good luck.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

I guess I don't know why you're giving up a TV with a great picture for one with more "goodies" on it, some of which don't even work. I guess I'm the only one who wants to help since you apparently can't make a decision on your own:

I guess it all depends on what your priorities are. We can't walk into the store with you and hold your hand while you make a decision. Good luck.

isnt the point of this forum to help people make decisions? and obviuosly since i have narrowed down to two from the hundreds i have made some decisions. I too can google. i was more into people who had some experience with either.

I do appreciate the advice and input, but am a little suprised by the high and mighty tone behind it. i didnt mean to eat up your precious time

Happy friday people.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Get the Vizio.

Those Google TV Sonys have been widely panned.

Vizio VP322 Plasma / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Denon 2200 Silicon Image DVD / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis DVD / Oppo 970HD Mediatek DVD / Oppo 983H Anchor Bay DVD / Panasonic LX-600 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS / PS2 / Sega Genesis / Nintendo SNES / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / Realistic STA-90 Reciever / Realistic Minimus 7 / Antennacraft G1483 Hoverman / Belden 7915A RG6 / Channel Master 7777 Titan 2 UHF/VHF / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
Old 01-21-2011, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemoretry View Post

isnt the point of this forum to help people make decisions? and obviuosly since i have narrowed down to two from the hundreds i have made some decisions. I too can google. i was more into people who had some experience with either.

I do appreciate the advice and input, but am a little suprised by the high and mighty tone behind it. i didnt mean to eat up your precious time

Happy friday people.

Yes it is (a happy Friday). I was merely trying to help and lead you to what I perceived to be the logical choice. That's why I responded... twice. It's not my fault nobody else responded. I should be I who am offended at your attitude.

You went a long way from your "all info welcome" to your above comment.

To be blunt, if anybody had an opinion and really cared to comment, they would have. I was only trying to help, so if you don't want it, that's fine also. Just go ahead and buy the inferior Sony TV (between those two) and I hope you like it.