Instructions to turn off Vizio lighted logo - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 02-26-2011, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For those of you who'd like to turn off the lighted Vizio logo on your TV, here's how to do it. Just open the back of the TV and unplug the connector to the logo light. The instructions here show a Vizio M320NV, but are likely very similar for other Vizio TVs.

1. Lay the TV face down on a soft surface.
2. Unscrew the 12 screws holding the back on, and two more holding the connector panel in place.
3. Pull straight out on the "Jog switch" knob to remove it.
4. Lift off the back cover. It's quite light.
5. The inside of the TV looks like the first image below, where the lighted logo is beneath the bottom center metal support that the stand post screws onto. The connector for the logo light is on the right circuit board.
6. Looking under that metal support, you can see the three wire cable feeding the logo light in the second picture.
7. The third picture's a closeup of the connector with the red/white/yellow cable, as you'll find it attached.
8. Hook fingernails of two opposing fingers in the connector notches, and pull the connector off. It only takes a little force and looks like the fourth picture when it's unplugged.
9. To keep the connector from flopping around, tuck it under the other wires as shown in the fifth picture.
10. Put the back cover on, attaching the Jog switch and replacing the 14 screws.

That's all you need to do. When you turn on your TV the Logo will be unlit!
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 02-26-2011, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I like lighted logos, just needs to be subtle, a resistor inline with the LED will make it.
post #3 of 16 Old 02-27-2011, 12:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Instructions that will not void warranty

items needed:
1 roll black electrical tape
1 pair of scissors or a knife
1 ruler

1. Using ruler measure the width of the lighted logo.
2. Measure out a length of black electrical tape that is equal to or greater than the width of the logo.
3. Cut tape.
4. Place length of tape over the lighted logo.
a. If part of the logo remains visible use another length of tape.
post #4 of 16 Old 02-27-2011, 04:56 PM

Option #2

1. Black permanent marker.
post #5 of 16 Old 02-27-2011, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Tapes and Marker...
But...but... that won't be "elegant."
post #6 of 16 Old 02-27-2011, 11:35 PM

Liked: 13
I always forget about the lighted logo completely until I see it mentioned on here.
post #7 of 16 Old 02-28-2011, 12:36 AM

Liked: 14
I have black tape over mine- the light is extremely annoying while watching stuff, and the tape over it blends in and doesn't look 'ugly'. If I disconnected the light on mine, I wouldn't be able to tell if it were rebooting since it flashes colors during that- I can peel back the tape ever so slightly to see if it's doing that.
post #8 of 16 Old 02-28-2011, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

It's a bedroom TV for us, and the logo light is annoying in the dark of night. It's not too hard to plug the Logo LED three wire cable back in if the TV misbehaves.

My model immediately shows a HUGE Vizio logo on screen when it's powered on from standby. We never cut power to the TV completely. Maybe I'm missing something, but my manual only says that the front logo turns white to show that you've pressed the power button, so seems pretty useless.
post #9 of 16 Old 05-21-2012, 09:03 AM

This is wayyyy late to the party but the aggregated usage of all the stupid light devices probably consumes the total output of 3 nukes......welcome polar bears to FL!
post #10 of 16 Old 05-21-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 304
So does using a computer and posting useless rhetoric in a year old thread.
post #11 of 16 Old 05-21-2012, 01:44 PM

I'll offer another option for giggles.
Sun Shade for car windows. The kind that sticks to the windows to make a temporary tint, like for putting on the back window to prevent to much sun from getting shined on/at a child/baby. Cut a small piece of that and stick it over the logo to dim it.
can usually be purchased at Babies'r'Us and auto supply stores like PepBoys.
post #12 of 16 Old 01-04-2013, 05:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 875
You can try using dry-erase black marker instead of something permanent.

That way you can pretty much wipe it off. It'll also most likely be slightly translucent. Test that first, and THEN if you're convinced that it is an improvement, move right to black paint. Put it on with a toothpick, NOT A BRUSH, and take your time. You'll have complete fine control over it, and life will be good, And it'll look sharp. No pun.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
post #13 of 16 Old 01-04-2013, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter

All the dry-erase markers I've used become just about permanent if not erased fairly soon (a few days). After that you need a solvent to remove them, such as white-board cleaner. Maybe all that will just add an "etched" looking pattern to the light, so could be a "designer" feature smile.gif

Same is true for nearly all tapes, though with a longer time-frame. I've found 3m electrical tape about the best, but even that'll still leave some tape residue behind after removal.
post #14 of 16 Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLittleTimeZZZ View Post

All the dry-erase markers I've used become just about permanent if not erased fairly soon (a few days). After that you need a solvent to remove them

You can use the solvent right in the marker itself! Just draw over it, and wipe clean. Actually, many don't know this, as long as the solvent hasn't "bitten" into the item fully, you can remove permanent markers too (Sharpie, et. al.) with a dry erase marker.

There *is* a potential etching with some plastics however, but remember, you don't much care if you're soon to cover it. And if you completely botch the looks, it'll be the perfect time to whip out the Testers Model Paint.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Unless, of course, it's to keep someone from creating a phone video in portrait mode, in which case it's a pretty good first step. Portrait mooks: KNOCK IT OFF.
post #15 of 16 Old 01-04-2013, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLittleTimeZZZ View Post

All the dry-erase markers I've used become just about permanent if not erased fairly soon (a few days). After that you need a solvent to remove them, such as white-board cleaner. Maybe all that will just add an "etched" looking pattern to the light, so could be a "designer" feature smile.gif
Same is true for nearly all tapes, though with a longer time-frame. I've found 3m electrical tape about the best, but even that'll still leave some tape residue behind after removal.
You could also try blackening a small piece of painter's tape as month-long test or so. That leaves nothing behind....I've used it many times for sensitive things.

post #16 of 16 Old 08-13-2013, 04:58 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to TooLittleTimeZZZ. I was able to unplug the logo light on my Vizio E371VA using his instructions. I think this is a much more elegant solution than tape, and it only took about 15 minutes. The plug was positioned a little differently from the M320NV, but the three wires were the same color, so the instructions helped! Thanks again.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio M320nv 32 Inch 1080p Led Lcd Hdtv With Razor Led Backlighting Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page