Emerson 42" lcd Vertical lines help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2011, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an Emerson 42" lcd model number LTDN42V68US that all of a sudden after 2 1/2 months of use now has tiny vertical colored lines that covers about 3/8 of the right side of the screen. I have called emerson and after dealing with them the electronics company and the warranty company on the phone for almost 2 weeks they are replacing the whole t.v. and they dont want the old one back. I was told from the warrenty company that the electronics company that was supposed to come out and fix it told them it was the tcon board, but emerson supposedly does not make that board anymore so emerson will replace the tv. I have search the net and called a few tv parts places and no one can seem to tell me anything. Im hoping someone here will be able to help me. I have opened up the back of the tv and looked at everyboard in there the 3 that would possibly be it on is the power supply board the other is the board that has all the hdmi rca cable connectors on it and another one that i would have to say deals with the lcd screen its on the side of the tv running vertical. the only thing i could think of is that the board is inside the lcd case or its incorperated on one of the other boards. id love to fix it if i could. Any Ideas.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2011, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
did you fix it? I'm kinda worried because during bf I purchased the same tv and now I just keep thinking that I should have just bought a brand name tv.