Official Sharp LC-XXLE832U Owner's Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 563 Old 10-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
Briant73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CableBro View Post

I get it on 2 HDMI sources. One is connected to my SA8300HD DVR cable box and the other is my HTPC. Ive tried switch all modes and the issue gets worse on Dynamic but its still pretty bad on all the other modes except Movie mode. It seems that movie mode makes the colors look dull so it seems to make the issue better but its still there. It looks like blue is bleeding out on to the shadows and looks real grainy while at the same time blue looks really high like neon. It doesn't match the rest of the colors on screen, seems like blue is out of place like its being over drived.

Appears you tried everything I would do, next step I would suggest is calling Sharp support and also try to get some photos of what you are seeing. Good luck.
Briant73 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 563 Old 10-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Member
 
CableBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there a way to access the service menu? I'd like to see if I can fix the issue there.
CableBro is offline  
post #363 of 563 Old 10-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
Briant73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CableBro View Post

Is there a way to access the service menu? I'd like to see if I can fix the issue there.

I haven't seen any posts for the new Sharp lineup and how do to do it. The old way would be a pain to try since the new sharp models have the power cord sealed in on the TV end and the buttons for power/menu are not tactile.

Now sometimes Sharp support when working with a customer over an issue will instruct them on how to do a factory/service reset. I wouldn't ask them outright but maybe say "Do I need to do a true reset for my issue?"
Briant73 is offline  
post #364 of 563 Old 10-20-2011, 07:29 AM
Newbie
 
greenspanDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi everyone. i bought the 832u about a week ago. initially, i was quite disappointed and upset with the overall picture quality, freakishly unacceptable motion rendering on movies, blurring and trails on sports, and horrendous input lag on video games, but after fiddling with it almost every night for a week, i finally have figured out some settings i'm happy with.

when i get home from work, i'll write a detailed post with all the settings to fix this tv (which mostly amounts to turning off all the features advertised on the box! )
greenspanDan is offline  
post #365 of 563 Old 10-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Newbie
 
cgm4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need some help/ideas. I have recently purchased an LC-40LE830U TV. I'm thinking about buying the Panasonic DMP-BDT 210 for the blue ray DVD player. Can I connect the DVD player to the TV via HDMI, and then use the Optical out on the TV to my receiver to get 5.1((old Sony Receiver(no HDMI) on the other side of a wall...requires 25 feet of cable to connect.....going underneathe the house))? And, if so does the TV audio need to be set on "Variable" and "Digital"? If this is doable, is there anything else I need to do?....If not, are there any other options (I cannot co-locate the receiver with the TV)? Appreciate any and all help!
cgm4 is offline  
post #366 of 563 Old 10-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Newbie
 
Jedi Johnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

As the story goes, long time lurker (ignore my sign up date) first time poster...

Grabbed a special that was on sale at a local big box which included this TV (or it's 52"/46" brethren if you wanted smaller), a surround system, receiver, and universal remote for just the cost of the TV.

Super stoked to receive the set-will be running off of apaulct's settings, and let everyone know how it goes afterwards. Will be hooking up and testing my HD cable, Blu ray, Xbox 360, and PC.

These components will first be run through my AVR, with a single HDMI running video to the set. IF things look sketchy, I'll bypass the AVR and try again.

Cheers!
Jedi Johnny is offline  
post #367 of 563 Old 10-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Senior Member
 
apaulct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cheshire, CT
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm4 View Post

Can I connect the DVD player to the TV via HDMI, and then use the Optical out on the TV to my receiver to get 5.1((old Sony Receiver(no HDMI) on the other side of a wall...requires 25 feet of cable to connect.....going underneathe the house))? And, if so does the TV audio need to be set on "Variable" and "Digital"? If this is doable, is there anything else I need to do?....If not, are there any other options (I cannot co-locate the receiver with the TV)? Appreciate any and all help!

I a word, no. If you connect your blu-ray player directly to the tv via hdmi, the set's optical output will be 2 channel, not 5.1. AFAIK, there is no way to get 5.1 out of the tv from hdmi sources. You will get 5.1 out from the cable / antenna input however. My recommendation is optical or digital coax from the blu-ray directly to the receiver for audio & hdmi to the tv for video. Use an optical feed from the tv for audio from cable, internet streams, etc. It requires 2 cables but you can get both 25' optical cables from Monoprice for under $10 total.

The variable setting will turn off the internal speakers so audio will come from your surround sound system only.

Allen
apaulct is offline  
post #368 of 563 Old 10-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Member
 
up_the_irons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snetrault View Post

I bought the Sharp LC-60LE832U because the picture is amazing in my opinion; however, from day one out of the box, the video doesn't match the audio. The audio/video sync happens from cable TV, PS3 blue-ray, and pretty much all other inputs, but weirdly enough, it doesn't have a sync problem using built-in netflix or vudu streaming movies.

It was extremely bad when I had the PS3 connected to my receiver via optic and video to TV via HDMI. It got better (but still noticeable) when I config'd the PS3 to output sound to the TV via HDMI then optic from TV to receiver, but then I can't watch movies in surround. (the manual says input source must be TV to get surround sound #%!^#)

At this point, I'd be happy to even watch cable TV without the audio/video lag.

Any ideas? Is this a defective TV or is there something I can try besides buying a receiver with audio delay options?

I had some A/V sync issues with my 835U. My setup was PS3 -> Denon 1312 -> TV (all HDMI), then TV optical out -> Denon 1312. Using a calibration disk, I set my Denon to have an audio delay of 135ms, which worked well for blu-ray. When using built-in Netflix app, I set audio delay to 0ms, also worked pretty good. DVD content was never really out of sync much.

However, all this was too much of a hassle, so...

I returned the 1312 and got the 1712, which supports HDMI's Auto Lip Sync feature. Right away, I noticed a big difference. I didn't have to set the audio delay at all and A/V stayed in sync. The 1712 also supports ARC, so my setup was changed to:

PS3 -> Denon 1712 -> TV (HDMI)

No optical cable needed. The TV can send the audio back "upstream" to the Denon, using ARC (audio return channel). It was a little tricky getting the ARC to "turn on", so-to-speak, which I finally figured out to be:

Sharp needs AQUOS-link turned on. Then a menu option appears for Audio Return Channel, and you can turn it "On" (or "Auto", can't remember which). On the Denon, the ARC is only used when the input is set to "TV", and it doesn't appear that you can change this hard coded setting. I found that a little odd, since everything else is assignable, but I guess it doesn't matter. Just use the "TV" input when you want ARC, and it "turns on". The Sharp even displays a temporary message, something like, "AQUOS-link enabled." Now, I'm not even sure what AQUOS-link is, but I think it is simply their branding for support of HDMI 1.4 device communication features (devices can "talk" to each and give information like video processing delay, which is how the auto lip sync feature works, etc...)
up_the_irons is offline  
post #369 of 563 Old 10-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Dizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CableBro View Post

I get it on 2 HDMI sources. One is connected to my SA8300HD DVR cable box and the other is my HTPC. Ive tried switch all modes and the issue gets worse on Dynamic but its still pretty bad on all the other modes except Movie mode. It seems that movie mode makes the colors look dull so it seems to make the issue better but its still there. It looks like blue is bleeding out on to the shadows and looks real grainy while at the same time blue looks really high like neon. It doesn't match the rest of the colors on screen, seems like blue is out of place like its being over drived.

Check the Gamma settings in the menu. I had whites that were too bright and blue's that were bright as well. I turned one of the gamma settings down and everything was fixed. I wish I remembered which one I set though....there are too many settings on this TV (I guess all TV's have too many settings...LOL)

Use apaulct's settings as well. I don't like movie mode so I used the same/similar settings in game mode and everything works great now. It's the best mode to watch football in as well.

I did notice some clouding in 4 spots on the TV in an all black screen. I don't notice it while watching FIOS or blu-ray so I'm not sure if I'm gonna call Sharp or return to Costco for a new one. Decisions, decisions....
Dizzy is offline  
post #370 of 563 Old 10-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
Briant73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briant73 View Post

Ok after having this TV for a few days here are some observations -

Things I like: Thin size, swivel stand, less plastic around the screen, good brightness, internet connectivty. PQ other than two things listed in the dislikes

Dislikes - Cloudiness causing an area looking washed out about ten inches long and 5 inches wide near the top of the screen a little right of the middle. Also at times even though i have motion off and film mode off I notice the soap opera effect anyways even if the program was not showing it just moments before. Also at times the picture on sports doesn't look good at all, pixelation noticeable.

I noticed the cloudiness doesn't show up right away after powering on the set, it shows up about 20-30 minutes afterwards. Sharp finally agreed to exchange but would like to dial this set in better for the other issues. Any suggestions.

Update - Got the replacement and it seems to have the same issues as the previous set had. These are supposedly brand new sets (have the latest firmware already installed) straight from Sharp.

Any suggestions what to try or what other sets to look at in the same price range? I want a display that doesn't have PQ issues, low gaming lag, and handles light/reflections well.
Briant73 is offline  
post #371 of 563 Old 10-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Newbie
 
jewboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Received a replacement recently due to my complaints about clouding.

Turns out that the replacement actually has more of a clouding problem than the original. Ugh.

Called Sharp and they said "I'm going to be honest with you. If we send you a replacement or an upgraded model, odds are it's still going to have this problem."

I am actually going to return the replacement and live with the clouding on the original. I just can't believe that this problem is so prevalent on TVs from reputable brands in 2011. My friend's Sony LCD that he purchased years ago does not have any clouding.
jewboy is offline  
post #372 of 563 Old 10-28-2011, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
imws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: New York, NY USA
Posts: 1,399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The clouding disappeared on my 835 after about 7 months. The tv was not used that much because of my work related travel but in any case the clouding that was very visible is now gone.
imws is offline  
post #373 of 563 Old 10-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
Briant73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question for 60le832u owners, when you look at your serial number either on the back of the TV or the stickers on the packaging materials do you notice a letter in a box right above the serial number? I just noticed that in a square box there is what appears to be a B right above the model number. This letter may be meaningless but I got my TV directly from Sharp and I immediately thought of B-stock when I saw it.

So if any owners can check for that letter, be great to know what letter you have and where you bought your TV from (retail/direct/replacement).

Update. Went to sams today and the 832u there had no letter accompying the model/serial number.
Briant73 is offline  
post #374 of 563 Old 10-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Newbie
 
eoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Everyone.

I just bought a LC-40LE830U and when connected to my DLNA server the TV can not see the .mkv files. It can see my pictures, music and .avi files but not .mkv. Is this TV able to see and run .mkv when using DLNA or not?

This is in big part the reason I bought this TV so will be really disappointing if it cant.

As well another issue I had when using DLNA was that TV got hung when playing an .avi file and there was no way to make it respond back until I disconnect it from the power.

I will really appreciate any help or comment you may have.

Thanks.
eoga is offline  
post #375 of 563 Old 11-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Newbie
 
enygma500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all. Just wondering about motion artifcats on these tv's. I see the artifacts on the entire sharp line this year.

A good movie to see this is jurassic park. On the jeeps watch the antenna. It just looks like a pixelated fan rather then 1 thin antenna. I am seeing this issue on the 730 and 830 series in all sizes.

I have fiddled with all kinds of settings and no matter what I do this artifacting is there. So far I have to say this is probably one of the worst sets at it's price point. Yes others have their issues.
enygma500 is offline  
post #376 of 563 Old 11-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Senior Member
 
apaulct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cheshire, CT
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoga View Post

I just bought a LC-40LE830U and when connected to my DLNA server the TV can not see the .mkv files. It can see my pictures, music and .avi files but not .mkv. Is this TV able to see and run .mkv when using DLNA or not?

I am running Serviio DLNA server on a PC connected to my LC-60LE832U via WIFI. I downloaded a few sample .mkv files as a test. My 832U recognized & played them without any problem. I am on the previous firmware, haven't updated with the firmware that was pushed this week. Is there an update for your 830U firmware? Could it be a server problem where it's not displaying the .mkv files?

Allen
apaulct is offline  
post #377 of 563 Old 11-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Member
 
edogg_23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by enygma500 View Post

Hi all. Just wondering about motion artifcats on these tv's. I see the artifacts on the entire sharp line this year.

A good movie to see this is jurassic park. On the jeeps watch the antenna. It just looks like a pixelated fan rather then 1 thin antenna. I am seeing this issue on the 730 and 830 series in all sizes.

I have fiddled with all kinds of settings and no matter what I do this artifacting is there. So far I have to say this is probably one of the worst sets at it's price point. Yes others have their issues.

I have 240hz on and film mode off and have not noticed any motion artifacting. I don't own jurrassic park otherwise I would try it out.
edogg_23 is offline  
post #378 of 563 Old 11-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Member
 
prostreetcamaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just picked up the 60" version and so far I am far from impressed. Colors are jacked and I see major motion jutter any time something moves quick on the screen. I will play with it for a couple days and if I cant get it sorted out it will be going back to costco. Funny thing is this set has no clouding or other anomalies. It is just the jutter that bothers me. I am sure I can get the colors etc etc to my liking but the jutter on fast motion has to go or it is going back. I knew I should have bought the panasonic plasma instead.
prostreetcamaro is offline  
post #379 of 563 Old 11-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
Briant73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetcamaro View Post

Just picked up the 60" version and so far I am far from impressed. Colors are jacked and I see major motion jutter any time something moves quick on the screen. I will play with it for a couple days and if I cant get it sorted out it will be going back to costco. Funny thing is this set has no clouding or other anomalies. It is just the jutter that bothers me. I am sure I can get the colors etc etc to my liking but the jutter on fast motion has to go or it is going back. I knew I should have bought the panasonic plasma instead.

Sounds like you made up your mind already but figure I'd post this for anyone who may buy this set some things to know if they have these issues -

1) try changing the AV mode try using User, Movie, or Game setting
2) Try turning active contrast off
3) Try turning OPC and energy saver modes down or off
4) For stuttering/motion issues try changing the Motion and Film mode settings until motion is more to your liking.
Briant73 is offline  
post #380 of 563 Old 11-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Member
 
prostreetcamaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briant73 View Post

Sounds like you made up your mind already but figure I'd post this for anyone who may buy this set some things to know if they have these issues -

1) try changing the AV mode try using User, Movie, or Game setting
2) Try turning active contrast off
3) Try turning OPC and energy saver modes down or off
4) For stuttering/motion issues try changing the Motion and Film mode settings until motion is more to your liking.

Thanks I changed the motion and film and the problem went away. Also got the brightness and colors much better. Starting to get much happier with the unit now!
prostreetcamaro is offline  
post #381 of 563 Old 11-06-2011, 07:35 AM
Member
 
York_256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the 52" 832U for the past couple months on it. I also have a 4 year warranty from Futureshop if anything goes wrong.

Alright, this set took some work. Initially I wasn't quite satisfied with the picture out of the box, it took me about a week of tweaking and turning to get it where I want it. I actually still find myself tweaking things but overall I'm satisfied. This is an edge lit panel and I used to get some bleed in for about the first month and then it went away, anyone know why this is? Also, I have some clouding but it's so minimal you can barely see it. I watch this TV in the dark at night a lot with the lights off. It's closer to the upper right hand corner and I can only notice it usually when I'm switching between inputs but it really washes itself out when the screen adjusts, It seems to be getting better and I'm not sure if it's because of my tinkering with the calibration or not. I'm not complaining though lol! I'm actually having a professional calibration later this month, so we'll see how that goes.

The motion settings are kind of a waste IMO. I like using film mode but I watch a lot of hockey and with 120HZ high activated there a lot of trailing on the puck even in 240HZ mode so I simply just keep it off and it goes away. I honestly can't even tell the difference with these settings on or off anyways. Another things, 240HZ I find dims the picture too much making an overcast over everything. Whats up with that? It's supposed to be one of the major features of this set and it actually degrades picture quality. A large portion of the time I just have this set to "Off".

Quick question. I have Active Contrast set to "On" as I feel it has a much more natural picture and when I set it to off the picture looks a tad bit too washed out for my liking. Are there any other advantages or disadvantages to having this set to On or Off besides picture quality?

I see a lot of people having some major problems with this set in the forums, specifically clouding by the sounds of it. Anyone else have minimal or no problems at all with clouding? Seems like a huge hit and a miss with this set.
York_256 is offline  
post #382 of 563 Old 11-06-2011, 08:13 AM
Member
 
gtsum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: VA
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
looking at the 60 inch 832 and the vizio xvt55s3...has anyone compared these two and if so, what are your thoughts?
gtsum is offline  
post #383 of 563 Old 11-06-2011, 08:30 AM
 
gtsum2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 139
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
looking at the 60 inch 832 and the vizio xvt55s3...has anyone compared these two and if so, what are your thoughts?
gtsum2 is offline  
post #384 of 563 Old 11-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Member
 
prostreetcamaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by apaulct View Post

These are the settings I'm currently using on my LC-60LE832U for both TV & blu-ray. I'm still playing with the Color & Tint settings as I'm close but not completely happy the skin tones. These were obtained from settings found in the forum and modified using the AVSHD 709 calibration disk.

AVSHD disk: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496
Basic Guide to Color Calibration: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=852536

AV Mode Movie
OPC Off
Backlight -6
Contrast 30
Brightness 1
Color 7
Tint -5
Sharpness 1

ADVANCED
CMS Hue
R 9
Y 0
G 0
C 10
B -9
M 15

CMS Saturation
R 2
Y -9
G 3
C 4
B -12
M -8

CMS Value
R -5
Y 5
G 6
C 11
B 6
M 4

Gamut Standard
Color Temp Mid-Low

R Gain LO 10
G Gain LO -6
B Gain LO -10
R Gain Hi 15
G Gain Hi -2
B Gain Hi -7

Motion Enhancement 120Hz Low
Quad Pixel Plus On
Active Contrast Off
Gamma 0
Film Mode Standard

Digital Noise Reduction Off

--------------------------------------
Edit: changed Color=+2 and Tint=-8 after a few days of break-in. Gives better flesh tones.




Holy cow batman I tried these and the picture was horrible on my 60". The picture was washed out and the colors very muted and muddy looking. Very odd to have the same set be that much different. Unless I did something wrong?
prostreetcamaro is offline  
post #385 of 563 Old 11-07-2011, 05:20 AM
Member
 
prostreetcamaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well it is going back to costco. New panny 60ST30 will be here wednesday.
prostreetcamaro is offline  
post #386 of 563 Old 11-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Newbie
 
eoga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by apaulct View Post

I am running Serviio DLNA server on a PC connected to my LC-60LE832U via WIFI. I downloaded a few sample .mkv files as a test. My 832U recognized & played them without any problem. I am on the previous firmware, haven't updated with the firmware that was pushed this week. Is there an update for your 830U firmware? Could it be a server problem where it's not displaying the .mkv files?

Thanks for your answer but i just read on the TV manual that mkv it is not supported directly over DLNA just over USB. Probably Serviio DLNA is doing the transcoding of your mkv's on the fly and thats why you are able to play them.

This happen as well if i use Mezzmo DLNA server, which transcode the files on the fly, and Im able to play them on the TV but my goal that TV could play the mkv files without the need of this extra help through DLNA because Im using WNR3500L router with tomato firmware and DLNA service enable which doesnt perform the transcode on the fly so im not able to see the mkv files on my TV

Another question I have is: what happen if im playing an mkv with DTS audio file directly to the tv from my computer using HDMI for video and sound. I know the TV wont play any sound but will it pass the sound to my DTS receiver if it is connected using the tv digital output or wont pass any sound? I heard you will only get DTS sound through the digital output from the HD air channel. is this true?

I need this becuse my receiver doesnt handled audio through HDMI and my computer doesnt have any toslink output.

Thanks
eoga is offline  
post #387 of 563 Old 11-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Senior Member
 
apaulct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cheshire, CT
Posts: 481
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoga View Post

Thanks for your answer but i just read on the TV manual that mkv it is not supported directly over DLNA just over USB. Probably Serviio DLNA is doing the transcoding of your mkv's on the fly and thats why you are able to play them.

This happen as well if i use Mezzmo DLNA server, which transcode the files on the fly, and Im able to play them on the TV but my goal that TV could play the mkv files without the need of this extra help through DLNA because Im using WNR3500L router with tomato firmware and DLNA service enable which doesnt perform the transcode on the fly so im not able to see the mkv files on my TV

Think you are correct in Serviio is transcoding on the fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoga View Post

Another question I have is: what happen if im playing an mkv with DTS audio file directly to the tv from my computer using HDMI for video and sound. I know the TV wont play any sound but will it pass the sound to my DTS receiver if it is connected using the tv digital output or wont pass any sound? I heard you will only get DTS sound through the digital output from the HD air channel. is this true?

I need this becuse my receiver doesnt handled audio through HDMI and my computer doesnt have any toslink output.

Thanks

Think you are out of luck here. I have both a DVR & Blu-ray player connected via HDMI and the toslink output from the TV is 2 channel. It will pass sound but it's stereo. You are correct in what you heard.

Allen
apaulct is offline  
post #388 of 563 Old 11-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Newbie
 
dekor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
is there any way to properly hook this up to my computer without blurry text @ 1080p??? this is driving me insane.. ive tried both hdmi and dvi-vga adapter and while i can get it full screen, it is blurry and there is lag..

if i set it to a smaller res like 1024x768 it works perfectly.. very sharp and no lag but its not full screen/hd..
dekor is offline  
post #389 of 563 Old 11-14-2011, 02:49 AM
Newbie
 
hwoarang5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i think maybe your display card is not powerful enough to handle the higher resolutions, once set to 1080p try to run windows 7 cleartype tuner

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...uner/tune.aspx


im using windows 7 running at 1080p on my gtx 460 to my LC40LE830M , everthing seems sharp, but not as sharp as my dell ultra sharp of course but useable , movies have great motion and colors, as soon as turn off movie mode off .
hwoarang5 is offline  
post #390 of 563 Old 11-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Newbie
 
dekor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an ati 6970 so the card is not the problem.. i did turn Game Mode on, which seems to help with the lag.

Everything is looking decent now, but still a *little* bit fuzzy on the text.. i guess thats to be expected sitting close and not using a pc monitor.
dekor is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off