Official Sharp LC-XXLE832U Owner's Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 563 Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've copied couple settings you guys have provided, thank you. Are this settings were done professional calibrated or eye ball calibration. Please don't flame with my question. I'm new into big screens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 563 Old 04-12-2011, 03:40 PM

I bought the 60" 830. I think the only difference is the 832 is 240hz. One thing I don't like about the 830 is the enhanced 120 setting. When watching a live hockey game and set to low or high, the puck shots are blury. When off its fine.
Other than that its a nice TV. I replaced my 3 yr old 50" Panasonic plasma with it.
For whats it worth, I also just bought the Panasonic BDT210 BR and again, its a nice unit.
post #93 of 563 Old 04-12-2011, 04:05 PM

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has been posting here. I have been looking at all of these big screen offerings for the last couple of months and happened to stumble across this forum when doing some research on the Sharp 832 that I saw at Costco. Thanks for all the very astute info and opinions from you all, you made it easy to pull the trigger on the 832.
post #94 of 563 Old 04-12-2011, 08:19 PM

I'm still in test mode and really like this tv except for the very noticeable motion artifacts. On any source, DVD or TV, I see a blury artifacts or bluryness when the screen pans or when objects move for long period across the screen. Its a dizzyness look and feeling. I've tried adjusting everything I can and done the Spears & Munsil calibration DVD which didnt help. Anybody else having this issue and what can I do?
post #95 of 563 Old 04-13-2011, 06:04 AM

I'm in same boat. I was watching the biggest loser last night and noticed the dizzyness on the screen. I was switching all the options by going back and fourth with motion, 120 low, high and turn it off and saw the same. I don't want to spend money on professional calibration until I past the 90 days policy from Costco.
post #96 of 563 Old 04-13-2011, 09:35 AM

LC-60LE832U is on the wall. The reflection is there but the brightness of this display is adequate. The TV's sensor does a good job with the varying lighting demands of this room. Using the "wall mount" audio setting, I was surprised how pleasing a TV sound system could be.

The fact that this TV has 2011 styling, larger than the 55" grouping, has some matting to reduce reflection, a good picture with lots of adjustments, built in wireless internet with some picture in picture, vudu netflix and the box exactly fit my wife's SUV, sealed the deal for me.
LL
post #97 of 563 Old 04-13-2011, 10:41 AM

Can someone tell me if there a waiting period to get this LCD calibrated.
post #98 of 563 Old 04-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklerama View Post

I'm still in test mode and really like this tv except for the very noticeable motion artifacts. On any source, DVD or TV, I see a blury artifacts or bluryness when the screen pans or when objects move for long period across the screen. Its a dizzyness look and feeling. I've tried adjusting everything I can and done the Spears & Munsil calibration DVD which didnt help. Anybody else having this issue and what can I do?

I saw the same thing on last years models. I know Sharp came out with a firmware update to fix the issue last year. I believe it was dynamic mode that was causing the issue. An update might be needed in general to fix the issue.

Also film mode can have some issues for people try turning that off. You can also try turning off the filters like digital and mpeg but ive only seen digital cause problems.
post #99 of 563 Old 04-13-2011, 01:00 PM

It's kind of unreal that so many people are having this problem with what is supposed to be a quality set. We have a 40 inch 2010 Sharp model 820 in our master bedroom and have never had any such problem. Even our 10 year old Sony 23 LED inch in the Kitchen which is 480P/60HZ never has any such problem. Looks like the "newer the technology" in the LED TVs the worce the problems. Our 820 is set to auto and 120 high with some other adjuustments for contrast, color and etc---------good picture and no problems. Whats up with sharp and the 2011 sets------they all seem to have this problem (830,831 & 832). I was considering one but I think i'll stay with Plasma.
I would say it might be the TV input signal in some cases but everyone can't have bad input/signal.
Start calling Sharp CS and get on record with a case number.
post #100 of 563 Old 04-13-2011, 05:13 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZELAYA View Post

Can someone tell me if there a waiting period to get this LCD calibrated.

no break in needed
post #101 of 563 Old 04-13-2011, 11:02 PM

I have no problems at all with my set.I am glad to report that I have no issue with blurriness or artifacts when the screen pans. I also must say that screen uniformity is the best that I have seen,to date, with an edge-lit led,compared to all of the tv's that I echanged It is absolutely perfect. We are enjoying it everyday and it is here to stay!!
post #102 of 563 Old 04-14-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasrattler View Post

I saw the same thing on last years models. I know Sharp came out with a firmware update to fix the issue last year. I believe it was dynamic mode that was causing the issue. An update might be needed in general to fix the issue.

Also film mode can have some issues for people try turning that off. You can also try turning off the filters like digital and mpeg but ive only seen digital cause problems.

I've had the 832 for just under a month. Right out of the box I had no problems with artifact but after playing with the settings it seemed that I saw them. I have turned off the the motion enhancement and that seems to have done the trick. I love the set and I am very interested to hear more about others settings.
Can anyone tell me how to download and install any new firmware and/or updates for this set? I am connected through wi-fi in my home.
Thanx for everyone's valuable info. I am brand new to this forum.
post #103 of 563 Old 04-14-2011, 04:28 PM

I have an 830u and notice the blurriness on pucks and baseballs when the motion enhancement is anything but off. It's weird because I also have last years model 810 that doesn't have that problem. Hopefully this can be fixed with firmware.
post #104 of 563 Old 04-14-2011, 06:39 PM

I've verified the TV is on the latest version: upadates are set to "auto on" and I've made sure (again) all adjustments are set to "off". My video mode is set to "User" where I've made all my adjustments. Should I use another "mode" like dynamic? At this point, I'm not sure what else I can do. I really dont want to return it so if anybody else has any input, it would be greatly appeciated.
post #105 of 563 Old 04-15-2011, 08:57 AM

Receiving a software update 4-15-11.
LL
post #106 of 563 Old 04-15-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Dyer View Post

Receiving a software update 4-15-11.

This Firmware Update adds streaming media apps Alphaline, Blockbuster and Napster. It also improves performance of Vudu, DLNA and USB movie playback features.

This update includes all previous fixes and improvements.

Version: 202U1103301

Date: 4/15/2011
post #107 of 563 Old 04-15-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautica250 View Post

I have no problems at all with my set.I am glad to report that I have no issue with blurriness or artifacts when the screen pans. I also must say that screen uniformity is the best that I have seen,to date, with an edge-lit led,compared to all of the tv's that I echanged It is absolutely perfect. We are enjoying it everyday and it is here to stay!!

+1
agreed
post #108 of 563 Old 04-15-2011, 05:55 PM

The update didn't fix the blurry pucks and baseballs.
post #109 of 563 Old 04-15-2011, 08:07 PM

Thanks, I will update! Though after testing, I figured out that on factory settings of "Standard", "User" (with all my adjustments), "PC", "Game", this is when its visible. I used the factory settings of movie and dynamic and it wasnt occuring. I will now adjust accordingly to those settings on these modes to see what happens. More to follow!
post #110 of 563 Old 04-16-2011, 03:18 PM

I went ahead and picked up one of these a week or two ago and after using some of the settings provided here I'm pretty happy with it. One thing that seems odd though is that on the box there's the Pandora and Facebook logos, but I can't find them on the available apps. I don't care that much about Facebook, but Pandora support was part of reason I got this set. Are they there and I'm just not seeing them? If they're not there it seems Sharp is walking a dangerous line close to false advertisement. There's no mention of them in the manual and no 'Coming soon' caveat on the box.
post #111 of 563 Old 04-16-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyC123 View Post

I went ahead and picked up one of these a week or two ago and after using some of the settings provided here I'm pretty happy with it. One thing that seems odd though is that on the box there's the Pandora and Facebook logos, but I can't find them on the available apps. I don't care that much about Facebook, but Pandora support was part of reason I got this set. Are they there and I'm just not seeing them? If they're not there it seems Sharp is walking a dangerous line close to false advertisement. There's no mention of them in the manual and no 'Coming soon' caveat on the box.

I believe they are inside the Vudu app.
post #112 of 563 Old 04-16-2011, 06:43 PM

I am heading to Sam's Club this week to pick one up. I'll post a report in about a week or two.
post #113 of 563 Old 04-16-2011, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just bought the 832 today from Costco (curiously, it was removed from their website last night).

I have a 58" 720p Panasonic Plasma that I'm replacing with this set--maybe. With Blu-ray, this TV is great, but with non-HD material the Panasonic is much better.

I think the blur-reduction techniques still need improvement because the "game" mode gives me the most plasma-like experience. With the blur-reduction on, I see lots of artifacts especially when there is a busy background. In game mode, though, the noise is higher. So, what is the point of paying for all the processing and disabling it with game mode? That is the question I'm trying to answer right now.

Except, of course, in paranoid delusions for those that believe.
post #114 of 563 Old 04-16-2011, 09:10 PM

Update: I was wrong with my assumptions/findings and am still having issues with motion artifacts/bluryness. At this point I give up and am going to start looking for another TV. Very upset since this TV has so many great features and looks great other than this issue which is a deal killer for me!
post #115 of 563 Old 04-16-2011, 09:28 PM

Is this back lit like the 700UN series or Edge lit like the 810 series?

If it's back lit I just might have to look into one...
post #116 of 563 Old 04-16-2011, 11:07 PM

It is edge-lit
post #117 of 563 Old 04-17-2011, 06:50 AM

I sent an email to Sharps CS about the blur when the 120 setting is on. They said turn it off if it works better. Great answer! I am sure it came from one of their have no clue CS reps. Sharp - Buy this TV, it has this great feature and doesn't work, Oh, just don't use it. I am sure if more people complain they should get a firmware fix for it soon. I hope.
post #118 of 563 Old 04-17-2011, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Does this thing really not play YouTube videos?
post #119 of 563 Old 04-17-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklerama View Post

Update: I was wrong with my assumptions/findings and am still having issues with motion artifacts/bluryness. At this point I give up and am going to start looking for another TV. Very upset since this TV has so many great features and looks great other than this issue which is a deal killer for me!

Hi there,

What do you mean by "blurry motion artifact"? Do you see a kind of blue trailing around objects and people when they move? If yes I already had the same problem on my 925. I returned the TV to my retailer and I plan to take one of the latest Sharp 2011 model. I hoped that this motion issue would have been fixed, but if not that's really bad !

Here is a video of my issue on the 925. Blue trailings when whatching TV/BR/Video games and when objects/people move. Only occures in 2D, no problem in 3D. Below the problem in the "Resistance" PS3 video game. All options in the 925 menu are OFF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96tFgVN1_9A
post #120 of 563 Old 04-17-2011, 02:49 PM

I watch a lot of hockey and when its on and the puck is shot or passed it has a trailing image. When off it seems fine but what the hell is the feature good for if they tell you to turn it off? They promote it in their advertising to sell units and its doesn't work. Doesn't anyone test these things? One post said they had the issue on a previous model and it was fixed through a firmware update. You would think that if they already knew about the problem it would not exist in the new models. It's a nice TV if they just fix this one problem. I am waiting to hear back from CS since I blasted them on their first reply to just turn it off.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page