Official Sony HX929 Owner's thread (46HX929, 55HX929, 65HX929) No Price Talk - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Member
 
buddhamonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If there's any owners of the HX929 on this thread could you please do a proper lag test for the tv which compares it to a crt (make sure the tv is set to game-mode original when comparing). This is the only thing which is holding me back from deciding between the hx929 and the d8000. Thanks in advance....i'm sure the lag test will help a lot of people out.
buddhamonk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-08-2011, 05:15 PM
Senior Member
 
theblackkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I can tell you that Samsung always has higher lag than most other companies.
theblackkeys is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
Do-It-Yourself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In a house far away from you creeps (hopefully)
Posts: 900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackkeys View Post

I can tell you that Samsung always has higher lag than most other companies.

Most, if not all Samsung displays have the highest input lag. So it's reasonable enough to say that the HX929 will best the D8000 for sure.
Do-It-Yourself is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Member
 
buddhamonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-It-Yourself View Post

Most, if not all Samsung displays have the highest input lag. So it's reasonable enough to say that the HX929 will best the D8000 for sure.


Yea I assumed that, but I heard that the Hx909 wasn't that great for input lag, so i'm interested to know if the 929 has improved. Also, I think the 3d on the d8000 is supposed to be really good, i'd like to know how the HX929 compares. Sony should really have the best tv's for input lag since they are a videogame company.
buddhamonk is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 06:52 PM
Member
 
Name|ess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I own the HX909 and the video gaming input lag is not bad even with all the processing features in tact. I play online shooters and did not run into any issues related to image lag.

I would hope the HX929 would only be an improvement...
Name|ess is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bpmurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 3,953
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-It-Yourself View Post

Most, if not all Samsung displays have the highest input lag. So it's reasonable enough to say that the HX929 will best the D8000 for sure.

I had no issues with gaming on my D8000. I used Game Mode but there is enough picture control available to get a good picture and about 48ms times. I would hope the HX929 would be around the same.

55HX950 l SC-1522-K l SP-PK51FS l RW12-D l XB1 l PS4 l RNG200 l P31 LIVE:BPMURR PSN:BPMURR
bpmurr is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Member
 
Fordlightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got done bugging sony support about type panel it has. Said it has IPS.
Here is my chat log.

user BJ has entered room

analyst Edgar_ has entered room

Edgar_> Hi. Welcome to Sony Online Support. I'm Edgar. Please allow me a moment to review your concern.

BJ> hello edgar

Edgar_> Thanks for waiting. I'll be glad to assist you with the information about the LCD panel of TV.

BJ> Great. I think know the 2 companys sony uses(samsung or sharp). But I was wanting to know if has IPS or AMVA5 panel?

Edgar_> I'm sorry for the delay.

BJ> np

BJ> worth the wait to find out

Edgar_> The type of the LCD panel used in XBR46HX929 is LED HD.

BJ> I know that. I want to know the type of the panel. IPS or AMVA5. To know it's performance and angle can see the picture from the side.

BJ> Alot rummers floating around. I have one order and should be at my place by friday. Like to know.

Edgar_> The type of the LCD panel of XBR46HX929 is ISP with Viewing Angle (Right/Left) : 178 (89/89) and Viewing Angle (Up/Down) : 178 (89/89)

BJ> Thanks. I had hoped for the amva5. But nice to kow what I am getting. thanks for your help Edgar.

Edgar_> You are welcome.

BJ> Know if it's the sam or sharp panel? If can say.

Edgar_> The OptiContrast Panel isSony's exclusive panel technology boosts contrast and brightness, making for an enhanced viewing experience.

BJ> Thanks Edgar. i take that as not able say who made the panel. Again thanks for your help tonight.

Edgar_> You are welcome.

Edgar_> It has been a pleasure to assist you.

XBR55HX929/HT-CT550W, LN46A750/HT-WS1R, PS3 60g(now 320g WDblack), Xbox 360 60g, Wii, Gaming PC. Xbox Live:Fordlighting, PSN:Gatorsnack.
Fordlightning is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
tory40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 749
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:


Video Signal : 1080/24p (HDMI only), 1080/60i, 1080/60p (HDMI / Component), 720/60p, 480/60i, 480/60p

Can anyone check their manual and say whether or not the HX929 does 3D games at 60hz in 1080p?
tory40 is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 08:19 PM
 
Viper2847's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto,Canada
Posts: 2,277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Name|ess View Post

I own the HX909 and the video gaming input lag is not bad even with all the processing features in tact. I play online shooters and did not run into any issues related to image lag.

I would hope the HX929 would only be an improvement...

My HX909 is doing about 30ms in game mode original even with local dimming enabled. Since when is this considered bad?
Viper2847 is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 08:25 PM
 
Viper2847's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto,Canada
Posts: 2,277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlightning View Post

Just got done bugging sony support about type panel it has. Said it has IPS.
Here is my chat log.

user BJ has entered room

analyst Edgar_ has entered room

Edgar_> Hi. Welcome to Sony Online Support. I'm Edgar. Please allow me a moment to review your concern.

BJ> hello edgar

Edgar_> Thanks for waiting. I'll be glad to assist you with the information about the LCD panel of TV.

BJ> Great. I think know the 2 companys sony uses(samsung or sharp). But I was wanting to know if has IPS or AMVA5 panel?

Edgar_> I'm sorry for the delay.

BJ> np

BJ> worth the wait to find out

Edgar_> The type of the LCD panel used in XBR46HX929 is LED HD.

BJ> I know that. I want to know the type of the panel. IPS or AMVA5. To know it's performance and angle can see the picture from the side.

BJ> Alot rummers floating around. I have one order and should be at my place by friday. Like to know.

Edgar_> The type of the LCD panel of XBR46HX929 is ISP with Viewing Angle (Right/Left) : 178 (89/89) and Viewing Angle (Up/Down) : 178 (89/89)

BJ> Thanks. I had hoped for the amva5. But nice to kow what I am getting. thanks for your help Edgar.

Edgar_> You are welcome.

BJ> Know if it's the sam or sharp panel? If can say.

Edgar_> The OptiContrast Panel isSony's exclusive panel technology boosts contrast and brightness, making for an enhanced viewing experience.

BJ> Thanks Edgar. i take that as not able say who made the panel. Again thanks for your help tonight.

Edgar_> You are welcome.

Edgar_> It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Ahaha what a joke! I would not believe a word that guy said to you as hes obviously clueless. Most likely not using IPS.
Viper2847 is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
Do-It-Yourself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In a house far away from you creeps (hopefully)
Posts: 900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2847 View Post


Ahaha what a joke! I would not believe a word that guy said to you as hes obviously clueless. Most likely not using IPS.

Yes, its not an IPS.
Do-It-Yourself is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Member
 
buddhamonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post

I had no issues with gaming on my D8000. I used Game Mode but there is enough picture control available to get a good picture and about 48ms times. I would hope the HX929 would be around the same.

48 ms is considered to be really bad that's 3 frames, Hx909 had 30ms which is quite a bit better, but i'm hoping the hx929 has like 16ms (1 frame) or less (for $4000 it should).
buddhamonk is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bpmurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 3,953
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamonk View Post

48 ms is considered to be really bad that's 3 frames, Hx909 had 30ms which is quite a bit better, but i'm hoping the hx929 has like 16ms (1 frame) or less (for $4000 it should).

It's better than the 100ms time outside of Game Mode. The D8000 is in line with the Sony EX500 I had in terms of game performance. Keep in mind I was just using Rock Band 3 with the guitar sensor as a reference. It's not scientific by any means. It's going to be really hard to find anything outside of cheap TVs with minimal processing and some Sharp sets with a Game Mode much lower. If the 929 comes in under 50ms I'd be happy. I'm willing to take a slight hit for a better overall picture. Too bad Toshiba isn't releasing their high end set with an ultra low input response time.

55HX950 l SC-1522-K l SP-PK51FS l RW12-D l XB1 l PS4 l RNG200 l P31 LIVE:BPMURR PSN:BPMURR
bpmurr is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Member
 
buddhamonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia8 View Post

To any forum members that live in Toronto, (or around it) I just visited a "Sony Style" near where I live at Eglinton/Laird. They are getting 4 Sony 46HX929 units on Monday.

Prices: 46" - $3199
55" - $3999

yea what BS our dollar is worth more than the american and they get it for $200 less f*** you Sony.
buddhamonk is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Member
 
buddhamonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post

It's better than the 100ms time outside of Game Mode. The D8000 is in line with the Sony EX500 I had in terms of game performance. Keep in mind I was just using Rock Band 3 with the guitar sensor as a reference. It's not scientific by any means. It's going to be really hard to find anything outside of cheap TVs with minimal processing and some Sharp sets with a Game Mode much lower. If the 929 comes in under 50ms I'd be happy. I'm willing to take a slight hit for a better overall picture. Too bad Toshiba isn't releasing their high end set with an ultra low input response time.

if the 929 had a 50ms that would really suck because the model before it had a 30ms, i'd hope sony would improve thier TV not make it worse. BTW I just saw nick's video of the HX929 for input lag it looked really good in game mode-original, so I expect good things from an actual test.
buddhamonk is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Member
 
Mrkingdavid23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there a big difference between this one and the hx820 ?
Mrkingdavid23 is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:31 PM
 
Viper2847's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto,Canada
Posts: 2,277
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post

It's better than the 100ms time outside of Game Mode. The D8000 is in line with the Sony EX500 I had in terms of game performance. Keep in mind I was just using Rock Band 3 with the guitar sensor as a reference. It's not scientific by any means. It's going to be really hard to find anything outside of cheap TVs with minimal processing and some Sharp sets with a Game Mode much lower. If the 929 comes in under 50ms I'd be happy. I'm willing to take a slight hit for a better overall picture. Too bad Toshiba isn't releasing their high end set with an ultra low input response time.

If the HX909 can do 30ms in game mode there is no reason why the HX929 shouldnt be able to do the same.

Unless the HX909 using a Sharp panel has anything to do with it...
Viper2847 is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Holy bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Maybe the HX929 will do more video processing in Game mode...

Sony is dead.
Holy bear is offline  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Member
 
avmaxfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry for a noob question, but the all the sizes - 65,55 and 46 will have the same panel right? And same PQ ?
I would be happy with a 46" but if the PQ is better in 55 then I might as well go for 55
avmaxfan is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
Do-It-Yourself's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In a house far away from you creeps (hopefully)
Posts: 900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamonk View Post


yea what BS our dollar is worth more than the american and they get it for $200 less f*** you Sony.

Why the curse on Sony, buddy? You surely don't know how economics work in North America :-/
Do-It-Yourself is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 05:00 AM
Member
 
JimDickinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-It-Yourself View Post

Why the curse on Sony, buddy? You surely don't know how economics work in North America :-/

Agreed - not completely dead yet since my HX929 is getting delivered today.

Like all forums there have to be trolls I guess. Go ahead buddhamonk - hate Sony all you want - don't buy their stuff - that is fine with me. But don't expect us to let you tell us what we should buy.
JimDickinson is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:39 AM
 
serndipity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Marblehead
Posts: 172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamonk View Post

yea what BS our dollar is worth more than the american and they get it for $200 less f*** you Sony.


Not happy paying your high taxes (i.e. VAT)....eh?
serndipity is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Member
 
JimDickinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I replied from my phone and confused two posts - the troll bit was directed toward Holy Bear with the "Sony is Dead" sig.

I get a 929 soon, but I am between game consoles right now so I won't be able to post lag observations.
JimDickinson is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Senior Member
 
ahwig60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fairfax co. Northern virginia
Posts: 403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDickinson View Post

Agreed - not completely dead yet since my HX929 is getting delivered today.

Like all forums there have to be trolls I guess. Go ahead buddhamonk - hate Sony all you want - don't buy their stuff - that is fine with me. But don't expect us to let you tell us what we should buy.

don't forget to come back when you get it today and give us a good review of it, when did time they say they will deliver it today.
ahwig60 is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Member
 
JimDickinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwig60 View Post

don't forget to come back when you get it today and give us a good review of it, when did time they say they will deliver it today.

Not sure yet - I have a tracking number that shows that the shipper expects it here today - and I chatted with somone over the weekend at the shipper - but all they can tell me is that the local place will call and set up a time - if I don't hear from them soon I will just call them. In my past experience though they usually won't do anything until it gets here on the dock.
JimDickinson is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Senior Member
 
ahwig60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fairfax co. Northern virginia
Posts: 403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDickinson View Post

Not sure yet - I have a tracking number that shows that the shipper expects it here today - and I chatted with somone over the weekend at the shipper - but all they can tell me is that the local place will call and set up a time - if I don't hear from them soon I will just call them. In my past experience though they usually won't do anything until it gets here on the dock.

that doesn't sound promising for today then does it?
ahwig60 is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
Guibs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal, Qc, Canada
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhamonk View Post

48 ms is considered to be really bad that's 3 frames, Hx909 had 30ms which is quite a bit better, but i'm hoping the hx929 has like 16ms (1 frame) or less (for $4000 it should).

take it for what it's worth guys, but I brought my console in store and tried both the 52" and 46" HX909. Both in Game scene, I could notice a little bit of input lag on the 52" while I almost didn't feel anything on the 46". It's weird since it's the same TV and panel. I have no hard numbers to prove this myself, just an impression I had from using both with exact same settings.
Guibs is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Member
 
JimDickinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwig60 View Post

that doesn't sound promising for today then does it?

Nope - which is a bummer because the shipper lists today as the expected delivery date. If I get to talk to them I will ask about just picking it up at the terminal myself, which can save time. I will just have to see what happens. I will post some quick impressions as soon as I can.
JimDickinson is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tyrindor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 884
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guibs View Post

take it for what it's worth guys, but I brought my console in store and tried both the 52" and 46" HX909. Both in Game scene, I could notice a little bit of input lag on the 52" while I almost didn't feel anything on the 46". It's weird since it's the same TV and panel. I have no hard numbers to prove this myself, just an impression I had from using both with exact same settings.

You can't enable game mode on demo mode...? Any store will use "demo" mode.

Your talking ~100ms vs ~30ms between game mode on/off.
Tyrindor is offline  
Old 05-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Member
 
rachmat-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Initial impression, clouding on the right corner .
Bloming is there when the clock information is displayed.
rachmat-d is offline  
 

Tags
Sony Bravia Xbr65hx929 65 Inch 1080p 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv With Built In Wifi Black , Sony Bravia Xbr55hx929 55 Inch 1080p 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv With Built In Wi Fi Black , Sony Bravia Xbr46hx929 46 Inch 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv , Displays
Gear in this thread
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off