Official Sony HX929 Owner's thread (46HX929, 55HX929, 65HX929) No Price Talk - Page 52 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1531 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Member
 
recoil1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Seriously considering the hx929, has anyone purchased from BB/Magnolia? If so have you received your set and was the price lower than MSRP? Thanks for any input.
recoil1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1532 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bytehoven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
My local BB/Magnolia only had the 55" and they would not move off the msrp price.

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

Bytehoven is offline  
post #1533 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member
 
JoeSony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 879
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by recoil1 View Post

Seriously considering the hx929, has anyone purchased from BB/Magnolia? If so have you received your set and was the price lower than MSRP? Thanks for any input.

If you have a hhgregg appliance store nearby you might want to check out their price.
JoeSony is offline  
post #1534 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Member
 
recoil1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the info Bytehoven. Even at msrp I might still go with BB/Magnolia while they are offering 36 months zero interest. My only other hope for a lower than msrp price at a local dealer would be Frys, however they might not offer any special financing at lower than msrp pricing.Thanks for the suggestion JoeSony but I'm in socal and there aren't any hhgregg stores that I know of here
recoil1 is offline  
post #1535 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Bytehoven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 49
My local hhgregg has the 55" at a $350 discount. BB might honor that price for you since it's a brick/mortar location. It won't hurt to ask.

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

Bytehoven is offline  
post #1536 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 03:33 PM
H&S
 
H&S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo228 View Post



So this is the pic i promised to take. This has been calibrated and even thou it looks dark the TV looked amazing. I think the ambient light made my Canon not get the best of contrasts. I took it at 1/4 so to make sure there was no over exposure.

This was taken dead on in the middle. Like I've said before there is no blooming in the middle. But there was a bit more on the sides.. never as bad as the pic that i'm comparing mine to. But there is some.

This TV calibrated is freaking awesome.

But you WILL have to be changing settings depends on what you watching if you want the best PQ, and this would be for people who are VERY picky. otherwise General with a small calibration and you're all set.



In post #1452, in order to tame the blooming (as shown in the upper picture), you had change the picture settings and thereby give up significant picture details (as shown in the lower picture)?
H&S is offline  
post #1537 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 04:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Sequoia, CA
Posts: 30,053
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Yeah, I went back to 1452, and I'm confused. The upper picture -- blooming aside -- is clearly from a daytime scene. I don't care who calibrated the TV, why does it look like night time in the bottom picture? Was that just to get rid of blooming? I'm fine with a setting for sports and one for movies, I'm not fine with butchering the picture to compensate for a flaw in the TV.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
rogo is online now  
post #1538 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 04:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 11,718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

My local BB/Magnolia only had the 55" and they would not move off the msrp price.

The heck with that !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post

My local hhgregg has the 55" at a $350 discount. BB might honor that price for you since it's a brick/mortar location. It won't hurt to ask.

Thats a little better, but after taxes ....
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #1539 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Senior Member
 
isrararrafi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Yeah, I went back to 1452, and I'm confused. The upper picture -- blooming aside -- is clearly from a daytime scene. I don't care who calibrated the TV, why does it look like night time in the bottom picture? Was that just to get rid of blooming? I'm fine with a setting for sports and one for movies, I'm not fine with butchering the picture to compensate for a flaw in the TV.

well, this particular scene is indeed set at daytime but this scene is much more on the darker side as that image suggested (maybe not this dark, but it is very shadowy). the older extremely bright picture is certainly not how this is scene is supposed to look like. and i can say that without even checking the movie right now because i have seen this movie about 5 times.
isrararrafi is offline  
post #1540 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 06:07 PM
Member
 
Joseph1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't think it's worth paying the premium price for the the 55HX929 unless you have no TV and it's a must to have one now. Of course this doesn't apply to some of the millionaire out there.
Joseph1 is offline  
post #1541 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 07:11 PM
Member
 
Fordlightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok been looking at many diff movies, cable, tv home menu. The blooming seems people are talking about are mostly with the ps3 play icon on a black screen. Look at the home screen with its white icons on black background. They don't have the blooming at all. I also don't see blooming with content playing. I haven't try to adjust the ps3 settings. But I'm wondering if its the ps3 white output causing it. The tv unsure, do to ps3 calling for such a super white icon on black background. How many have try different blueray players? To see if does the same.

Not sure if that all makes sence.lol

XBR55HX929/HT-CT550W, LN46A750/HT-WS1R, PS3 60g(now 320g WDblack), Xbox 360 60g, Wii, Gaming PC. Xbox Live:Fordlighting, PSN:Gatorsnack.
Fordlightning is offline  
post #1542 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Member
 
Fordlightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Coworker/friend came over to see my new tv today. Both of us play xbox live together. He has panasonic 50+ plasma in his family room, 32 lcd he games on. He was blown away with the tv. He loved little bit tron in 3d, and play blackops on the 360 in 3d. He thought was so cool, said my tv looked better than his plasma set.

XBR55HX929/HT-CT550W, LN46A750/HT-WS1R, PS3 60g(now 320g WDblack), Xbox 360 60g, Wii, Gaming PC. Xbox Live:Fordlighting, PSN:Gatorsnack.
Fordlightning is offline  
post #1543 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bpmurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 3,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph1 View Post

I don't think it's worth paying the premium price for the the 55HX929 unless you have no TV and it's a must to have one now. Of course this doesn't apply to some of the millionaire out there.

Agreed, the set is really nice but not worth more than $3k in my personal opinion.

55HX950 l SC-1522-K l SP-PK51FS l RW12-D l XBox 360 Slim l PS3 60GB l RNG200 l P31 LIVE:BPMURR PSN:BPMURR

bpmurr is offline  
post #1544 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bpmurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 3,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlightning View Post

Ok been looking at many diff movies, cable, tv home menu. The blooming seems people are talking about are mostly with the ps3 play icon on a black screen. Look at the home screen with its white icons on black background. They don't have the blooming at all. I also don't see blooming with content playing. I haven't try to adjust the ps3 settings. But I'm wondering if its the ps3 white output causing it. The tv unsure, do to ps3 calling for such a super white icon on black background. How many have try different blueray players? To see if does the same.

Not sure if that all makes sence.lol

Yup blooming in direct viewing seems to only be noticeable in the instances you mentioned. There might be faint hints of it in other content but you really have to be looking for it. Bottom line is with current local dimming you will get blooming. This happens to be the best set yet at reducing it.

55HX950 l SC-1522-K l SP-PK51FS l RW12-D l XBox 360 Slim l PS3 60GB l RNG200 l P31 LIVE:BPMURR PSN:BPMURR

bpmurr is offline  
post #1545 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Member
 
Elo228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Yeah, I went back to 1452, and I'm confused. The upper picture -- blooming aside -- is clearly from a daytime scene. I don't care who calibrated the TV, why does it look like night time in the bottom picture? Was that just to get rid of blooming? I'm fine with a setting for sports and one for movies, I'm not fine with butchering the picture to compensate for a flaw in the TV.

The movie didn't look like the picture, I was very very clear and sharp. And bright, It looks dark in the picture because my Canon camera was set to only open for 1/4 of a second so it doesn't let much light in, specially with an ambient light behind the tv. It looked how it was suppose to after a calibration.

There was no blooming. The original picture was probably on Vivid or Sports, but more than likely taken with a cellphone camera that overexposed the lights. I assure you that the TV looked amazing.
Elo228 is offline  
post #1546 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Member
 
Elo228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
These are my calibrated settings thru my PS3 with DVE Blu-Ray

I do have light sensor on.

Cinema #1

Backlight 6
Picture 93
Brightness 32
Color 49
Hue G2
Sharpness 82
Noise off
Mpeg off
Dot Noise off
Reality Auto
Smooth High
Motion OFF
Cinemotion Auto 2
Black off
Adv Contrast OFF
LED Dynamic Contrast Standard
Auto Light Low
Clear White Off
Live Color off
Detail Enhancer Off
Edge Enhancer Off
Elo228 is offline  
post #1547 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Member
 
Muralireddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo228 View Post


To save quite a bit i would get the HDMIs and TV mount from www.monoprice.com I have ordered dozens of things from them. Very good wires, tested against Monster cables and when 10' or shorter they were better than the Monster cables.

Their mounts are also very sturdy and do not feel clumsy at all.

Now about your receiver there is no way of really knowing until you try it. I have the onkyo 606 so it's a year older than yours so maybe you have better luck than I. But after doing some research the best/cheapest way to fix this is to get an HDMI "high end" splitter, meaning that is not one of them $8 ones cause they won't work with 1080p. If you do that you can send one HDMI to the TV and one to the receiver.

Both samsung and oppo have two hdmi out so that you can have 3D and audio to the receiver
Muralireddy is offline  
post #1548 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Member
 
Muralireddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism View Post

Originally Posted by Muralireddy
Me too between xbr 65 hx929
And panasonic viera 65
Abt.com promised delivery on sep , but the site says it is a discontinued!
Can't see 65 inch model on display in best buy
How do they expect any one shell out 5 grand for a tv without a preview?

Just look at the 55", it is the same exact TV!

Thanks I am renting plasma 60 LG for 200 bucks a month waiting for the 65
Have my oppo 95 , so tempting to buy the 55 hx 929
Hope good things come for those who wait !
Muralireddy is offline  
post #1549 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 10:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Sequoia, CA
Posts: 30,053
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by isrararrafi View Post

well, this particular scene is indeed set at daytime but this scene is much more on the darker side as that image suggested (maybe not this dark, but it is very shadowy). the older extremely bright picture is certainly not how this is scene is supposed to look like. and i can say that without even checking the movie right now because i have seen this movie about 5 times.

Can you direct me to which movie this is from and the rough time index? I'm going to rent it and just watch it on my plasma (which is 4 years old, not especially calibrated -- done by me, no tools, just patterns) to get a sense of what it would look like and then do the same in a store with the Sony.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working.
rogo is online now  
post #1550 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Member
 
Elo228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

Can you direct me to which movie this is from and the rough time index? I'm going to rent it and just watch it on my plasma (which is 4 years old, not especially calibrated -- done by me, no tools, just patterns) to get a sense of what it would look like and then do the same in a store with the Sony.

It's called inception and it should be on the 4th or 5th chapter.
Elo228 is offline  
post #1551 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Member
 
Elo228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muralireddy View Post

Both samsung and oppo have two hdmi out so that you can have 3D and audio to the receiver

That's awesome! I wish the ps3 had that feature.. instead i'm gonna have to buy a $50 splitter just for this :-/ still better than getting a new Receiver when i don't really need one
Elo228 is offline  
post #1552 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Hawkmoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 404
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Well, I decided to take back my Sony 55"HX800 and will be buying the 929 on Wednesday. I have to go to a meeting on that day and the Store (BB) will be having the TV sent from the Warehouse to the Store in order for me to pick it up after my meeting. I had to pull teeth to get them to do this, but at least they are. Apparently, the 929's are not stocked in the Stores, they only have display models and if you want one it has to be ordered. Luckily, the BB I am going too has a warehouse about 30min away and they are sending someone to pick it up for me!!1

Anyways, what are the most important settings I should change out of the box when I first boot up the TV? I think I have read that some out of the box settings are way overblown. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Oh...did anyone move from an HX800 to the 929? What are some differences that I will be noticing?

Thanks again!

-Hawkmoon
Hawkmoon is offline  
post #1553 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 11:29 PM
Member
 
smak681's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

Well, I decided to take back my Sony 55"HX800 and will be buying the 929 on Wednesday. I have to go to a meeting on that day and the Store (BB) will be having the TV sent from the Warehouse to the Store in order for me to pick it up after my meeting. I had to pull teeth to get them to do this, but at least they are. Apparently, the 929's are not stocked in the Stores, they only have display models and if you want one it has to be ordered. Luckily, the BB I am going too has a warehouse about 30min away and they are sending someone to pick it up for me!!1

Anyways, what are the most important settings I should change out of the box when I first boot up the TV? I think I have read that some out of the box settings are way overblown. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Oh...did anyone move from an HX800 to the 929? What are some differences that I will be noticing?

Thanks again!

Im on the same boat. I own a HX800 and will be getting my HX929 tomorrow. THe HX800 is a nice TV and I like it a lot but I feel like its lacking. Im sure we are getting good bump on PQ because of the full array local dimming compared to dynamic edge led.
smak681 is offline  
post #1554 of 15567 Old 05-23-2011, 11:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Phil Tomaskovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Warrenville, Il
Posts: 1,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
has anyone else noticed low volume when playing through the tv's speakers? I have to turn it up to like 80 for decent volume. this is with the standard audio setting.

Phil Tomaskovic
Phil Tomaskovic is offline  
post #1555 of 15567 Old 05-24-2011, 12:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tyrindor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 807
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Tomaskovic View Post

has anyone else noticed low volume when playing through the tv's speakers? I have to turn it up to like 80 for decent volume. this is with the standard audio setting.

Seems normal to me... are you honestly planning on using built-in TV speakers when you spent $3800 on a TV?

That's like the first thing I disable on a new TV.
Tyrindor is offline  
post #1556 of 15567 Old 05-24-2011, 04:39 AM
Member
 
Hokoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muralireddy View Post

Both samsung and oppo have two hdmi out so that you can have 3D and audio to the receiver


I'm curious how this works.
Do you plug in all devices (ps3, 722k dvr, onkyo 807) into the tv but into specific plugs and sound thus come out of onkyo for each?

Sorry I'm not that techy on this stuff
Hokoo is offline  
post #1557 of 15567 Old 05-24-2011, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Phil Tomaskovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Warrenville, Il
Posts: 1,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrindor View Post

Seems normal to me... are you honestly planning on using built-in TV speakers when you spent $3800 on a TV?

That's like the first thing I disable on a new TV.

I just use the built in speakers when using P&P.

Phil Tomaskovic
Phil Tomaskovic is offline  
post #1558 of 15567 Old 05-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Member
 
Fordlightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 131
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo228 View Post

These are my calibrated settings thru my PS3 with DVE Blu-Ray

I do have light sensor on.

Cinema #1

Backlight 6
Picture 93 89
Brightness 32
Color 49 52
Hue G2 G4
Sharpness 82 75 was unsure how high could go
Noise off
Mpeg off
Dot Noise off
Reality Auto
Smooth High
Motion OFF
Cinemotion Auto 2
Black off
Adv Contrast OFF
LED Dynamic Contrast Standard
Auto Light Low
Clear White Off
Live Color off
Detail Enhancer Off
Edge Enhancer Off

My settings are very close. I also used ps3 with wow disc. Not at home to see all the setting (bold is what remember off top my head). But I know very close. What did you use to cal the tv?

XBR55HX929/HT-CT550W, LN46A750/HT-WS1R, PS3 60g(now 320g WDblack), Xbox 360 60g, Wii, Gaming PC. Xbox Live:Fordlighting, PSN:Gatorsnack.
Fordlightning is offline  
post #1559 of 15567 Old 05-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Member
 
Videoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Niagara Falls NY.
Posts: 121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I haven't had time to read this entire thread, but the XXHX929,sounds like it's a worthy successor to the Sammy XXB8500(I've had my 46" for over a year and I'm still amazed by it). It would be interesting to compare the two and see which one comes out on top




Regards
Videoz

Ticking away.. the moments that make up a dull day.

Cheers
Bob
Videoz is offline  
post #1560 of 15567 Old 05-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Member
 
Daz-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can you save a number of different settings for input devices? My failing XBR2 allows me to save 3, Vivid, Standard and Custom.
Daz-man is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Xbr65hx929 65 Inch 1080p 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv With Built In Wifi Black , Sony Bravia Xbr55hx929 55 Inch 1080p 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv With Built In Wi Fi Black , Sony Bravia Xbr46hx929 46 Inch 3d Local Dimming Led Hdtv , Displays
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off