Official LG 47LW5600/55LW5600 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-13-2011, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
They didn't say anything about actually putting it in "game mode" that i read. I tried Fifa 11 briefly the other day in game mode. I didn't notice any lag nothing like i was seeing on a Samsung 6000 LED that i had a month ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2011, 05:24 PM

I've since moved on to the Samsung 59" 6500, but I'm definitely bummed this set has such horrible input lag. Hopefully they patch it for the folks that decide to keep this set.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschleicher View Post

My 55LW5600 showed up yesterday (the BD670 Blu-ray player that was part of the bundle showed up last Saturday). I only had time to get it hooked up and watch for a little while, but thought that both the Cinema mode and the two ISF/Expert modes looked very decent right out of the box, whereas Standard mode was a bit over-bright, etc. (And "Vivid" mode even more so!). I didn't look at any real 3D content, but did turn on the 2D->3D conversion, and in fact the artificial 3D didn't look too bad. More "layered" than real 3D-camera 3D, sort of like 3D animated content.

Next steps are getting the wireless networking going for both TV and player. Then on to the settings...

I noticed that in the initial power-up sequence, it lets you choose between setting the set up for actual use ("Home"), or for store demo mode.

Did anyone try using the store demo setting? Does this actually give access to some built-in store-demo content? Or is it just a way to set the picture defaults to "Vivid+++"? I guess I also don't know if there is a way to go back and bring up the store demo mode, and then return later to "Home" mode.....

I got my combo from Buydig.com, as they had a LARGE discount (via a coupon that showed up at check-out). (The price was so much lower than anyone else, that I kept thinking they'd contact me with a correction.) It took a while for the TV to get trucked across the country, but everything showed up on schedule, and in good shape. Don't know if the special deal is still there, though. (Later edit - no, the current price has been raised up a couple of hundred bucks, although it is still a good price.)

They raised the price 240 bucks since we bought it! The white glove service for 59 was just that he [and me] brought it into the house, took it out of the box. He installed the base and I plugged it in and turned it on. I bet he would have done the same for $20. I gave him a 20 for a tip any way.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they even tested games on the review. Granted they did not give it high marks for that which is disappointing. I may be in the market for a new TV soon and was considering this set, but if gaming on it is going to be a problem I will most likely pass since gaming is one of the main things I will do with the new set.

Don't worry about gaming lag. Earlier today I went 19-0 on black ops. I wouldn't be able to do that with bad lag. Although sometimes on the 360 I get some lag. None on the PS3.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:59 PM

Anyone know what the pairing key is for the 47lw5600 TV? My iphone is asking for it to make the connection. It is not in the manual. Any ideas?

Lee
Old 04-13-2011, 08:52 PM

Does anyone know how to turn the trumotion off while playing a 3d blu ray. I have the settings set to Standard with Trumotion off and movies look normal on direct tv but I can clearly tell it is the 120 hz that is being played everytime I play a 3d blu ray movie. The movies just look SO fake watching them like that.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvisar View Post

I did click on 3D and then tried to change the mode. But it won't let me change it to one screen. When I click on top / bottom it stays top / bottom. I want to see one broadcast...not a split screen of the same thing.

Alvisar,
Press the "center" or "Info" button to see what resolution the TV thinks its getting. Then, check your STB output settings and force it to a fixed resolution of 1080i. 720p will also work, but the effective resolution to the TV is still cut down too much when splitting the screen. Anyway, try to remove the 480i/p modes to force an HD resolution to the TV.
The top and bottom format reduces the vertical resolution to appear to be SD to the TV and if the STB is only sending an SD resolution, it will not take the various modes and force it into the correct 3D mode.
I have forced various resolutions from my 3D devices to test this and have found that with a less than HD resolution, the TV will not attempt to combine the various formats.

vegggas
Old 04-13-2011, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revere21 View Post

Does anyone know how to turn the trumotion off while playing a 3d blu ray. I have the settings set to Standard with Trumotion off and movies look normal on direct tv but I can clearly tell it is the 120 hz that is being played everytime I play a 3d blu ray movie. The movies just look SO fake watching them like that.

Press the "Q"uick Menu button while in 3D and change the video settings.

vegggas
Old 04-13-2011, 11:41 PM

I decided to go with this bad boy finally. Ordered it last night, and it'll be arriving Tuesday. I'm excited for Mortal Kombat in 3D!

I will say this though . . . upon ordering it, I realized "Crap, my 42" TV stand won't cut it for this!". So I've been panicking trying to find a stand. Oof. Ordered one today, hopefully it comes in time.

Once everything is all set, I'll give my 2 cents on the TV. I'm a heavy gamer, so perhaps it'll help those with the same mindset.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:47 AM

Anyone have any good setting for watching sports? I have tried the settings listed in this forum but for the life of me i cannot get the wide shots when watching basketball to look crisp. Sadly I feel that my old school 1st generation 790p lcd had a better picture when watching sports. Bluray looks absolutely incredible tho.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearia View Post

I decided to go with this bad boy finally. Ordered it last night, and it'll be arriving Tuesday. I'm excited for Mortal Kombat in 3D!

I will say this though . . . upon ordering it, I realized "Crap, my 42" TV stand won't cut it for this!". So I've been panicking trying to find a stand. Oof. Ordered one today, hopefully it comes in time.

Once everything is all set, I'll give my 2 cents on the TV. I'm a heavy gamer, so perhaps it'll help those with the same mindset.

Looking foreward to hearing what you think about gaming on this set in game mode I have not noticed any lag and have been happy so far.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Where did you order yours from?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadcaper View Post

Can these LG sets input 1080p/24p natively? Or if they input a 24p signal do they convert it to 60p? I like these but want to make sure they can natively display (passthru) 24p signals. Thanks!

There's a Real Cinema setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk_Uuj-NONo
Old 04-14-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVLee View Post

Anyone know what the pairing key is for the 47lw5600 TV? My iphone is asking for it to make the connection. It is not in the manual. Any ideas?

Lee

You have to turn on your TV. Tv will provide you a code.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:01 AM

Anyone has audio sync problem? Mine has this audio lip sync where the video comes after the audio. On my Dish Network HD program, I have to adjust AV Sync for "TV Speaker" all the way down to the max -5 but still have a slight delay in video. On my PS3 bluray movie going thru my Denon 3D receiver, I have to set my receiver's audio delay to 120ms to compensate for the video lag. I think this TV takes more time to process video, so that's why audio always comes out faster. Any suggestions guys?
Old 04-14-2011, 01:39 PM

Bought the LG 55LW5600 last Sat. Love it so far. Have the 3d pass on Brighthouse.
Before changing any settings I sure would like to have the original settings from the factory.
Can't seem to find them anywhere.
Could anybody please post these.
Thanks
Old 04-14-2011, 01:54 PM

1. Yesterday when I turn on the my 55LW5600 I saw an update downloading.
The strange thing I saw was " ... updating version 4.2.7 with a Samsung
logo! LG use Samsung firmware?

2. Netflix is not working on my 55LW5600 I called LG customer support, they told me it is a known software problem and their engineers are working on it.
But why only one user in this forum mentioned it? No one here has any porblem with their Netflix?

Regards,
Old 04-14-2011, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman123 View Post

Bought the LG 55LW5600 last Sat. Love it so far. Have the 3d pass on Brighthouse.
Before changing any settings I sure would like to have the original settings from the factory.
Can't seem to find them anywhere.
Could anybody please post these.
Thanks

Each AV mode has a reset option.

vegggas
Old 04-14-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post

Where did you order yours from?

For the TV, I got it from a certain online store that starts with an A, ends with a N, and is a river in South America. The nice thing with it is, when I went to order it I got an update on the page saying "Prices in your cart have changed. Please refresh your browser to see these changes." So, when I saw that I went "Crap!", but then realized it dropped in price by around $100 for a couple of hours. Win!

For the stand, we ordered it from a place that starts with Over, and they have a lot of "stock". It's the "SEI 52-Inch TV and Media Console". Seemed to be perfect for the TV, as it's 52" wide (and the TV itself is 51" roughly). Hoping it comes in time for Tuesday.

Sorry if I'm being un-necessarily vague, trying not to break any rules here
Old 04-14-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:

For the TV, I got it from a certain online store that starts with an A, ends with a N, and is a river in South America. The nice thing with it is, when I went to order it I got an update on the page saying "Prices in your cart have changed. Please refresh your browser to see these changes." So, when I saw that I went "Crap!", but then realized it dropped in price by around $100 for a couple of hours. Win!

For the stand, we ordered it from a place that starts with Over, and they have a lot of "stock". It's the "SEI 52-Inch TV and Media Console". Seemed to be perfect for the TV, as it's 52" wide (and the TV itself is 51" roughly). Hoping it comes in time for Tuesday.

So what other audio and video equipment do you have and where did you purchase them?
Old 04-14-2011, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandionkhrome View Post

Don't worry about gaming lag. Earlier today I went 19-0 on black ops. I wouldn't be able to do that with bad lag. Although sometimes on the 360 I get some lag. None on the PS3.

I play all my online games with the 360 so with that having some lag that is not good to hear. Then again if I do suffer lag from the TV I can try and blame it on that and not my deteriorating skills

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Old 04-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Haha awesome, thanks for answering!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivered View Post

So what other audio and video equipment do you have and where did you purchase them?

I'm new at this game, and don't have a real audio system hooked up yet. Albeit, we do have a surround system in the attic right now that we "stole" from the in-laws. It's just the matter of figuring out how to set it up (mind you, no manuals and not sure if we even have all the equipment), which I may or may not do when the new TV comes in.

I mainly use the TV for gaming, especially late at night. With that being said, the Turtlebeach X11's really do me well. The sound quality is very good, and bring out a lot of details that my current Olevia 242TFHD do not hit on. I refused to play through Dead Space 2 *without* them, due to the black and white difference between the base speakers and that headset.

I also ordered a few sets of HDMI cables to replace my older ones, just to be safe from a place that doesn't have stereo prices . . . Those should be in on the same day, I think.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:47 PM

When I'm playing a 3d bluray in this set the bottom 2 rows of pixels are bright purple and green. Anyone else getting this? Or have a fix? This only happens with a 3d disk and not on anyother content. Really weird nothing seems to fix it.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:25 AM

Does the same thing on mine. And seen a few other posts reporting the same. Have not seen any fix yet.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin

I play all my online games with the 360 so with that having some lag that is not good to hear. Then again if I do suffer lag from the TV I can try and blame it on that and not my deteriorating skills
Ha! It's not too bad. I was playing on 360 when I went 19-0 that day.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_lobos View Post

When I'm playing a 3d bluray in this set the bottom 2 rows of pixels are bright purple and green. Anyone else getting this? Or have a fix? This only happens with a 3d disk and not on anyother content. Really weird nothing seems to fix it.

Just contacted LG they were very unhelpful with this issue.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_lobos View Post

Just contacted LG they were very unhelpful with this issue.

I have it too but i don't pay any attention to it. It doesn't bother me.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:16 AM

Coming from a smaller sammy LCD and a Hitachi 51 RPTV CRT(Xbox on that)

Flopped between Vizio 554, Sammy D6400, Sony EX... and this

Got a combo LG 670 and this for a great price (less than the 554 alone at any store)

Wanted at least some local dimming, matte, DLNA and good gaming....3D not super big deal...however I did not like active so was happy with LGs demo in case I do get a few kid movies etc... having 4 glasses added to the value since I would have bought at least 2 of active for others....

670 is soooo much faster than the insignia Bluray I had it's silly.. I knew that one sucked but the LG is great. I am sure there are others but at least it was tossed in with the TV.

Love the matte screen. Blown away by the quality of the picture(almost fake looking)... Inception on B-R looked like it was video-taped...thoughts?
I hope that changing a few settings will get it looking more like a movie than a digital video cam.

Really like the wii type remote... actually is nice to use. Want to try ipod app.

Internet apps are great - of course you can get it with any disc player or xbox etc now adays..but like the look at interface...likethe PiP on the app screen how you can change stuff and still see the active input.

DLNA..I installed Nero on win 7 PC. No issues finding it etc. Seems SLOW..loading even 4MB pic.... (wired..no network issues) BUFFERING on movies from my HD streams.. not sure what is up. Shows about 2 seconds...then buffers... etc etc. Need to play with other formats etc..

THE BAD...

I have the older Xbox without HDMI... so XBOX via component (720 or 1080 i or p......)... even with TV in gaming mode.. sucks. I have been playing with a CRT RPTV..and this is really noticable.. you move the stick and shoot and it 'seems' like everything is ok.. but when you play you just get the feeling that something is not right. Also through maybe I would get a wired controller...just to help by 1ms.. I know the input lag is the issue but figured may help

Wii seemed aok... maybe just not a big deal since it's a +- system already.
Just tried bowling and wakeboarding and didn't seem different.

I am heading at lunch to get a XBOX VGA adaptor.. hoping that will lower issues a bit more... thoughts?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandionkhrome View Post

I have it too but i don't pay any attention to it. It doesn't bother me.

Wow really? its very distracting to me when watching dark scenes. Its almost a dealbreaker. Im gonna let lg service come out and address it if its not resloved im gonna have to give up on this set

Tags
Lg Infinia 47lw5600 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Infinia 55lw5600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread