Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post

As someone who is against mounting above a fireplace (I hate the height of it) I would recommend not mounting it there, but since it was a stipulation I'll let it fly . If you mount it with a tilting mount I don't see how it would diminish the 3D effect whatsoever. One of the bigger selling points of passive 3d is the greater viewing angles so if mounted properly and all things being equal I don't see an issue with what you are trying to do.

I have mounted mine above my fireplace. Be sure to get a tilting mount. So long as you can make your line of sight direct with the television, then there is no loss of 3d effect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Thanks for that site! I've never heard of it before, glad I have now they have that bundle minus the HMDI cables for 50 more than your price! Starting to lean a little more towards BuyDig...

Perhaps you can sell the BR player on EBAY or Craig's list, and make up the difference in price.
post #453 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwam3 View Post

Perhaps you can sell the BR player on EBAY or Craig's list, and make up the difference in price.

It's either that or keep it due to the PS3 issues with 3D. I wouldn't mind selling it and upgrading my home theater reciever though...
post #454 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It's either that or keep it due to the PS3 issues with 3D. I wouldn't mind selling it and upgrading my home theater reciever though...

Tell your wife that you need to buy it...doctor's orders.
post #455 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 04:59 PM

So, tomorrow is the big day. I promise I will give a good review for you gamers out there who are still skeptical on this TV. What makes me believe I can?

Well, I have 3 good reasons:
1) Mortal Kombat (Getting 360 version) release.
2) Portals 2 (PS3 version) release.
3) Gears of War 3 beta access (360).

The question is, am I going to have enough time to play all of these games AND review the TV?

General note: I picked up 4 HDMI cables from a place that has only one price, according to their name (Mono?). I'm assuming that won't make much of a difference for most of you, but just a warning

If you have any specific questions, please do ask and I'll try my best to give my impressions on the question once everything is setup and proper testing has been done.

P.S. My TV is getting deliver 1 PM EST latest. Don't tell my boss, but I'm taking a half day . . .
post #456 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearia View Post

So, tomorrow is the big day. I promise I will give a good review for you gamers out there who are still skeptical on this TV. What makes me believe I can?

The question is, am I going to have enough time to play all of these games AND review the TV?

General note: I picked up 4 HDMI cables from a place that has only one price, according to their name (Mono?). I'm assuming that won't make much of a difference for most of you, but just a warning

If you have any specific questions, please do ask and I'll try my best to give my impressions on the question once everything is setup and proper testing has been done.

P.S. My TV is getting deliver 1 PM EST latest. Don't tell my boss, but I'm taking a half day . . .

Is the PS3 the only 3D player you have? If not I wouldn't mind a verification on the lines that are visible using the PS3 vs a regular Blu Ray 3D player
post #457 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Tell your wife that you need to buy it...doctor's orders.

Can you get me a Dr.'s note
post #458 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:

sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Ok, so I shall wait for your review before pulling the trigger. My old set is a 47inch 1080P LG LCD, from 4 years ago, and I never experienced any real lag with it...or any lag actually...and I play FIFA, a game where timing is super important. So please test the lag issue, make sure game mode is on and true motion is off and all of that jazz, as I'm sure you know better

Also, can you try the 3D gaming as well? in terms of quality? I don't have any 3D gaming experience, aside from playing at a friend's house for a little bit...so any insight in that is also very appreciated

congrats on the TV man take tons of pictures!
post #459 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 05:10 PM

mono is a good place for hdmi cables...cant go wrong from there, ive bought numerous cables and have no complaints on them. great prices (much better than the prices for similar quality at best buy, etc)
post #460 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:

Is the PS3 the only 3D player you have? If not I wouldn't mind a verification on the lines that are visible using the PS3 vs a regular Blu Ray 3D player

Sadly, PS3 is the only 3D player I have. Albeit, I can pick up a new 3D box from Comcast later for 4 cable channels if need be for testing. I plan on getting it eventually since it's free, but I'm lazy on having to re-program all my favorite channels n' the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaLRasaM View Post

sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Ok, so I shall wait for your review before pulling the trigger. My old set is a 47inch 1080P LG LCD, from 4 years ago, and I never experienced any real lag with it...or any lag actually...and I play FIFA, a game where timing is super important. So please test the lag issue, make sure game mode is on and true motion is off and all of that jazz, as I'm sure you know better

Also, can you try the 3D gaming as well? in terms of quality? I don't have any 3D gaming experience, aside from playing at a friend's house for a little bit...so any insight in that is also very appreciated

congrats on the TV man take tons of pictures!

Will do! I've heard good things about K's settings from page 8, so I'll most likely be using those but tweaking them a bit. My end goal is best picture, with best results lag. I'm quite the twitchy gamer, so I can't have any lag either

And 3D gaming? Of course! I have Crysis 2, which I believe is a fully 3D compatible game. So, I'll definitely give that a spin. I'll also try out some 2D to 3D conversions, just to give a good feel for everything.
post #461 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Sadly, PS3 is the only 3D player I have. Albeit, I can pick up a new 3D box from Comcast later for 4 cable channels if need be for testing. I plan on getting it eventually since it's free, but I'm lazy on having to re-program all my favorite channels n' the like.

Will do! I've heard good things about K's settings from page 8, so I'll most likely be using those but tweaking them a bit. My end goal is best picture, with best results lag. I'm quite the twitchy gamer, so I can't have any lag either

And 3D gaming? Of course! I have Crysis 2, which I believe is a fully 3D compatible game. So, I'll definitely give that a spin. I'll also try out some 2D to 3D conversions, just to give a good feel for everything.

Well stop being lazy! My purchase depends on your feedback!
post #462 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:

Ha, I'll see if I can get time to pick it up tomorrow before everything arrives. The trick is not getting an absence from work by taking advantage of the system . . . all while still getting everything I need done in the day
post #463 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure why there's still a question on the lag on this tv. As I said before I have went 19-0 in black ops on this set. There is NO WAY I could go without getting killed if there was lag! I play on 360 and PS3 and I'm still getting around 20 kills per match. Don't not get the tv because you think gaming lag is an issue. It's not! To all you gamers, this is a good gaming TV also.
post #464 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ha, I'll see if I can get time to pick it up tomorrow before everything arrives. The trick is not getting an absence from work by taking advantage of the system . . . all while still getting everything I need done in the day

Well I hope you can get it done, without getting into trouble at work
post #465 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Can you get me a Dr.'s note

Actually, I can. I'm an MD.
post #466 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Actually, I can. I'm an MD.

Well I need a Dr.'s note for a new receiver stat!
post #467 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:

Can't wait mate! Enjoy the TV and keep us all posted!

Quote:

Exactly what he said, but I would say I'm 99% sold...I just want the cherry on top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandionkhrome View Post

I'm not sure why there's still a question on the lag on this tv. As I said before I have went 19-0 in black ops on this set. There is NO WAY I could go without getting killed if there was lag! I play on 360 and PS3 and I'm still getting around 20 kills per match. Don't not get the tv because you think gaming lag is an issue. It's not! To all you gamers, this is a good gaming TV also.

Actually, your review is the reason why I'm 99% sold! I just read from a couple of other people that the lag was there...so I just want to make sure they were idiots As mentioned, I'm sold on this set...considering I won't be picking it up until the Thursday or Friday, extra research won't hurt!

BTW, nice settings man...I already have it ready for my set
post #468 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaLRasaM View Post

Actually, your review is the reason why I'm 99% sold! I just read from a couple of other people that the lag was there...so I just want to make sure they were idiots As mentioned, I'm sold on this set...considering I won't be picking it up until the Thursday or Friday, extra research won't hurt!

BTW, nice settings man...I already have it ready for my set

I know you already have yours on the way. I just wanted to let anybody else who thinks the so called lag issue is a deal breaker, know that it's not really an issue at all. Thanks. I'm still up for suggestions though on the settings. I think those look pretty good but maybe there are some better. I really couldnt get the picture the way i wanted it using the expert calibration. Maybe someone else can.
post #469 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 08:17 PM

Is the LW6500 on sale yet? I only saw the LW5600 down at my local Future Shop.
post #470 of 8249 Old 04-18-2011, 08:30 PM
aod
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keb33509 View Post
I have mounted mine above my fireplace. Be sure to get a tilting mount. So long as you can make your line of sight direct with the television, then there is no loss of 3d effect.
Does anyone know if the LG AN-WL100W wireless media kit works with the 55LW5600? I would really like to hang this gorgeous tv on the wall but don't want a ton of wires hanging down. I think the AN-WL100W would fit the bill (minus the 3D) perfectly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now viewing the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and the
post #471 of 8249 Old 04-19-2011, 12:19 AM

Is there any LG 3d tv's that are passive 3d but have a glossy screen??
post #472 of 8249 Old 04-19-2011, 05:39 AM

Not sure of all the posts about people 'not getting it' are pointed at me - however I did have lag I noticed subjectivey on this TV(via component).

The first thing I did was change the mode to game..which disables trumotion and local dimming.

But -- again for me it was via component (have the older Xbox 360 without HDMI so don't know if that was the issue. This is relative experience vs. a 51 Hitachi CRT RPTV playing Call of Duty Black OPs multiplayer -- which I play every night for around an hour so switching was something I really noticed.

The TV may be processing component more than HDMI since others have said that there is no lag.. Since I switched to VGA it has disappeared / or is not noticable to me.

I am keeping the TV and love it.
post #473 of 8249 Old 04-19-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallman_MN View Post

Not sure of all the posts about people 'not getting it' are pointed at me - however I did have lag I noticed subjectivey on this TV(via component).

The first thing I did was change the mode to game..which disables trumotion and local dimming.

But -- again for me it was via component (have the older Xbox 360 without HDMI so don't know if that was the issue. This is relative experience vs. a 51 Hitachi CRT RPTV playing Call of Duty Black OPs multiplayer -- which I play every night for around an hour so switching was something I really noticed.

The TV may be processing component more than HDMI since others have said that there is no lag.. Since I switched to VGA it has disappeared / or is not noticable to me.

I am keeping the TV and love it.

Ah, no finger pointing. I was referring to people who are thinking about getting the tv but not sure because they are worried about lag.
post #474 of 8249 Old 04-19-2011, 07:14 AM

I would say there is no lag with Black Ops on my PS3 (that could be the TV's fault anyway- I think my internet sucks sometimes).
Even the sound is better than I expected from such a thin TV.
The picture is great and the screen doesn't reflect much. That's good since my house has lots of windows and outside light coming in on sunny days.
The only thing for me is the 3D. I guess I just need to purchase a 3D BD to really see what it's all about, because the 2D-3D conversion doesn't really do much for me. I see where it seems to add depth, but that's all. Nothing that (personally) makes me jump back . I just knew at the time of purchase I wasn't going to get an active 3D set and have to pay so much for glasses.
Had mine 4 days now and love it.
post #475 of 8249 Old 04-19-2011, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjktcvs View Post

Is there a setting somewhere? I have yet to see my Onkyo 875 receiver display "Dolby Digital 5.1". I have to use a synthesized mode like "THX Cinema".

I should qualify this by saying I am also new to DirecTV and maybe don't have this setup correctly as well. I am using HDMI from the box to the LG and the optical out from the TV to my receiver as it does not do 1.4 ARC or HDMI pass through. I am not interested in connecting the set top box to the receiver via HDMI so as to require the receiver to be turned on just to watch TV.

Issue resolved. The DirecTV box is the only one I've ever seen that outputs sound to both the HDMI and the optical digital output simutaneously, as evidenced by the lack of a setting in the box's setup menu. The installer was incorrect. My surround sound now works by plugging directly into the receiver from the settop box instead of via the optical output of the LG.
post #476 of 8249 Old 04-19-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aod View Post

Does anyone know if the LG AN-WL100W wireless media kit works with the 55LW5600? I would really like to hang this gorgeous tv on the wall but don't want a ton of wires hanging down. I think the AN-WL100W would fit the bill (minus the 3D) perfectly.

I'm looking at the wifi unit that came with the tv, AN-WF100, I dont know what the W is, but you should get an adapter with the TV.
post #477 of 8249 Old 04-19-2011, 09:58 AM

Just picked up the set the other day. I got the 3D blu ray player as part of package deal at BB. Also went for a Denon 3d ready receiver.

Three days in I'm just starting to dial in the picture I want. Will be calibrating soon but pretty close already. Darks are good enough on this. Picture is crisp. Stay away from the TruMotion.

Blu ray as expected is great but the 3d is really good. Watched Alice In Wonderland and was impressed. The glasses are comfortable, affordable and I didn't notice much of any difference from the active glasses on a neighbor's set.I didn't notice any crosstalk or ghosting.

I am in a very dark room so can't comment on glare.

The Denon does a great job with the sound. It took a while to get things right (I even have my seats wired for that bottom rumble) but I am now able to pick up nuances I never did with an older box.

I have noticed a bit of lag on the lip synch if that setting is not on. But corrected after enabling the setting.

Have been able to stream both Netflix and Amazon prime. I have a wired connection so can't comment on wireless.

2D->3D isn't bad. Added depth to most but some great shots in golf and baseball. About what I've seen from cable 3d broadcasts. TV has a way to go before they get this right.

Can't comment on gaming, not a gamer.

All in all, a great set. Glad I got it.
post #478 of 8249 Old 04-19-2011, 10:13 AM

I tried the package deal at BB, and the store refused to give me the BD player like it said online. I'm trying to explain to customer service via e-mail. I got the TV for the sale price, but the manager refused to give me the BD player, even after showing him how I could check out online and get it.
post #479 of 8249 Old 04-19-2011, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
I can comment on the wireless....

I seem to get better reception on my Panny 350 BD player (with exterior dongle) which is on the top shelf of the cabinet right underneath the TV. Maybe the LG set itself shields the signal a little. Most of the apps are duplicated, so this is not an issue for me.
post #480 of 8249 Old 04-19-2011, 11:55 AM

If anyone could post a picture of what the 2 bright purple and green line look like with PS3 playing 3D... that would be great.

Having to possibly buy another blu-ray player for this issue... is stopping me from pulling the trigger on this TV.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Infinia 47lw5600 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Infinia 55lw5600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page