Forum Jump: 

post #6301 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_dew View Post

I just noticed this for the first time OTA yesterday, didn't give it much thought because I just saw it in passing. Don't remember seeing it before enabling THX Bright, maybe that's got something to do with it? I'll have to investigate.

You said something that has been in the back of my mind all this time. Amazon is sending a replacement thur and I will not turn on THX on this one. I would rather use other settings to test it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6302 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.bennett View Post

I haven't noticed this at all, and I consider myself a pretty critical viewer and sensitive to motion artifacts. You may be very sensitive and a better candidate to try plasma.

Thanks for your comment. I have tried plasma and though I like motion, amazing contrast, etc, I do not like plasma's lack of brightness and glare. Every daylight shot on a plasma looks like a cloudy day and we prefer the bright pic.

Question, do you have the THX settings on? If not, what settings are you using?

Thanks.
post #6303 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 07:06 AM

Any one have a problem playing video file via USB connected with portable hdd? I seem to have a big problem with my files convert to MKV x264 (DVDrip) everytime the LG would freeze and reboot itself. I can play any of avi or mp4 with no problem at all. I also have some hi-def mkv 720p /1080p downloaded from Internet and those files seem to play fine as well. I've tried not just one but a couple like seagate go 1tb usb 2.0, toshiba 1tb USB 3.0 along with 16gb flash drive, all of these give me the same problem if I tried to play mkv dvdrip encoded with handbrake.
post #6304 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_hoon View Post

Any one have a problem playing video file via USB connected with portable hdd? I seem to have a big problem with my files convert to MKV x264 (DVDrip) everytime the LG would freeze and reboot itself. I can play any of avi or mp4 with no problem at all. I also have some hi-def mkv 720p /1080p downloaded from Internet and those files seem to play fine as well. I've tried not just one but a couple like seagate go 1tb usb 2.0, toshiba 1tb USB 3.0 along with 16gb flash drive, all of these give me the same problem if I tried to play mkv dvdrip encoded with handbrake.

Did you use the Right USB port on the TV?

EDIT:

Also, did you look at page 121 in manual? That will tell you if you have the right combination of Files and levels. The TV will only decode H.264 MP/HP. Other TV's will decode H.264 BP/MP/HP SO not sure if maybe this is your problem or not.
post #6305 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 08:56 AM

Don,t go by what you see in stores they are in most cases at the wrong viewing angle. The one in costco the other day was 2 ft. higher than my head at the stand yet had glasses there to view 3D.

The 3d on this tv is the same as the movies, very clear and great depth and popout when expected. I just watched the 3D pitated of the caribian movie off the dish and it seemed better then in the theater to me.

It is very clear on bluray 3D, Mine never ghosts inless at real akward angles.

As for the not 1080 argument you brain can not tell it is that clear.
I do not know why anyone would put up with active,with it's flicker and easy interupted signal, dark image.
With passice at least your looking at the image all the time not on and off and you dont need to charge expencive glasses that are heavy as well.
There cheap and you can keep the ones you already paid for from the movies if you need more.
If you are not seeing the same results then something is wrong with viewing angle or the settings or the tv has an issue.
Don
Don
post #6306 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneonefive View Post

Thanks for your comment. I have tried plasma and though I like motion, amazing contrast, etc, I do not like plasma's lack of brightness and glare. Every daylight shot on a plasma looks like a cloudy day and we prefer the bright pic.

Question, do you have the THX settings on? If not, what settings are you using?

Thanks.

I have enabled the THX hack, but I do not have it set, as I don't like the way it looks. I am using standard, tru motion off... mostly at the defaults. And I agree with you on plasma, I think it can look incredible, but at the end of the day we do a lot of daytime viewing and we also prefer a brighter picture.
post #6307 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.bennett View Post

I have enabled the THX hack, but I do not have it set, as I don't like the way it looks. I am using standard, tru motion off... mostly at the defaults. And I agree with you on plasma, I think it can look incredible, but at the end of the day we do a lot of daytime viewing and we also prefer a brighter picture.

You might want to try THX bright with the contrast turned up to 95. It's looks pretty close to the standard setup and I think it has a cleaner picture.
post #6308 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 02:24 PM

I have a 5300 and Im getting a bit of pixelation around fast moving objects like when you are watching sports.

I am in "sport" viewing mode as well, is there any way to get rid of this?
post #6309 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 02:46 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo615 View Post

I have a 5300 and Im getting a bit of pixelation around fast moving objects like when you are watching sports.

I am in "sport" viewing mode as well, is there any way to get rid of this?

Are you sure that is not in the signal. I have minimal mosquito noise, digital artifacting that's in the signal with some programming. Sometimes it's there, other times it's gone. Best to check on DVD/Bluray to see if it's source related.
post #6310 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 04:35 PM

I'm new to this 3D stuff, and I have a 47LW5600 on order, I do not yet have a 3D capable DVD or AV reciever. I am wondering if i would be able to get 3D content from the Intenet apps on the unit?

Cheers! Big Rich
post #6311 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothlike View Post

I'm new to this 3D stuff, and I have a 47LW5600 on order, I do not yet have a 3D capable DVD or AV reciever. I am wondering if i would be able to get 3D content from the Intenet apps on the unit?

Vudu content and youtube content will be available.
post #6312 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoatLantern View Post

Vudu content and youtube content will be available.

Cool, thanks.

Cheers! Big Rich
post #6313 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 05:17 PM

Hi everyone! I just picked up this tv 3 days ago and I've been reading EVERY post this thread has in order to find the solution to my input lag. I've found the solution is to buy a new tv, so I'll be returning this on Friday. Here's what I can surmise:

I'm playing Battlefield 3 on PS3. While the PS3 has a built in upscaler, the game doesn't use it so it outputs at 720p. My understanding is that this puts added strain on the tv to fill it's screen. This added work equals added time. I tried what many said, label it PC, do AV mode gaming. I followed the recommended settings of a few people as well, nothing eliminated it, only slightly lowered it. Other games that output to 1080p or are upscaler to that run almost perfectly with those settings but Battlefield 3 is a crapshoot.

I LOVE this tv. The picture is amazing, the 2d->3d is cool, the smart tv stuff is great, however, I'm a gamer and I don't want to go into the other room to play BF3 on my 32" Samsung. Since the only 3d tvs with low response time are active shutter, we will be getting a 2d tv and will wait patiently for better companies to come along and put real muscle behind the screen.
post #6314 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 05:55 PM

Am I missing something with the You Tube App. All I get is some stupid video that automatically comes up. The only other choice seems to be an option to search. Shouldn't there be some sort of menue with choices to chose from or something. Such as a choice for most current videos, most viewed or whatever rather than just a search option.
post #6315 of 8232 Old 12-20-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolMETAL View Post

Are you sure that is not in the signal. I have minimal mosquito noise, digital artifacting that's in the signal with some programming. Sometimes it's there, other times it's gone. Best to check on DVD/Bluray to see if it's source related.

it very well could be, we just got time warner cable today and didnt have any cable before so I have nothing to compare it to, just wondering if this was an issue that anybody had.
post #6316 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfilm View Post

I got a message on my TV yesterday about a scheduled maintenance/upgrade on 12/20. Anyone know what this is all about?

Has anyone noticed any changes from yesterday's upgrade / maintenance? For myself everything looks the same.
post #6317 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedavenger View Post

Hi everyone! I just picked up this tv 3 days ago and I've been reading EVERY post this thread has in order to find the solution to my input lag. I've found the solution is to buy a new tv, so I'll be returning this on Friday. Here's what I can surmise:

I'm playing Battlefield 3 on PS3. While the PS3 has a built in upscaler, the game doesn't use it so it outputs at 720p. My understanding is that this puts added strain on the tv to fill it's screen. This added work equals added time. I tried what many said, label it PC, do AV mode gaming. I followed the recommended settings of a few people as well, nothing eliminated it, only slightly lowered it. Other games that output to 1080p or are upscaler to that run almost perfectly with those settings but Battlefield 3 is a crapshoot.

I LOVE this tv. The picture is amazing, the 2d->3d is cool, the smart tv stuff is great, however, I'm a gamer and I don't want to go into the other room to play BF3 on my 32" Samsung. Since the only 3d tvs with low response time are active shutter, we will be getting a 2d tv and will wait patiently for better companies to come along and put real muscle behind the screen.

If I remember correctly it's been mentioned in the past that the lag associated with BF3 for PS3 is the game itself. If you google "battlefield 3 PS3 input lag" you'll get a lot of hits on the problem plus youtube videos demonstrating it. It seems the studio has acknowledged the problem but I'm not sure if they've provided a fix yet. Maybe someone on this thread knows more.
post #6318 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 07:58 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by penone View Post

Has anyone noticed any changes from yesterday's upgrade / maintenance? For myself everything looks the same.

No, I have not noticed anything different at all. Just one thing was strange, I could not get the TV on the 'net until this morning.

Anyone else experience this or something else ?

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

post #6319 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tralph11 View Post

If I remember correctly it's been mentioned in the past that the lag associated with BF3 for PS3 is the game itself. If you google "battlefield 3 PS3 input lag" you'll get a lot of hits on the problem plus youtube videos demonstrating it. It seems the studio has acknowledged the problem but I'm not sure if they've provided a fix yet. Maybe someone on this thread knows more.

Well, I have a Samsung LN32A550P3F (32" HD LCD) and BF3 plays perfectly on it. So I know it's the tv, not the game. But I assume it also has something to do with BF3 not utilizing BF3's upscaler. I found Dirt 3 has the same problem, however, DC Universe and CoD: World at War both are output at 1080p and the tv has not problem with them. I'm very confident with my experience that it's the tv.
post #6320 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac1 View Post

Don,t go by what you see in stores they are in most cases at the wrong viewing angle. The one in costco the other day was 2 ft. higher than my head at the stand yet had glasses there to view 3D.

The 3d on this tv is the same as the movies, very clear and great depth and popout when expected. I just watched the 3D pitated of the caribian movie off the dish and it seemed better then in the theater to me.

It is very clear on bluray 3D, Mine never ghosts inless at real akward angles.

As for the not 1080 argument you brain can not tell it is that clear.
I do not know why anyone would put up with active,with it's flicker and easy interupted signal, dark image.
With passice at least your looking at the image all the time not on and off and you dont need to charge expencive glasses that are heavy as well.
There cheap and you can keep the ones you already paid for from the movies if you need more.
If you are not seeing the same results then something is wrong with viewing angle or the settings or the tv has an issue.
Don
Don

This has been 100% my experience so far as well. The store where I bought mine only had about 6' of space to stand back and look at the 3D. Way too close and of course it didn't look as good as it could have. They also had it up too high so a lot of folks were not getting a correct impression of how good passive 3D can be.

At my normal viewing distance of about 11' from my 55" LG (LW5600), the scan lines (or resolution issues) in 3D that some complain about simply disappear and the image looks sharp as a tack with no flicker, no headaches, no ghosting. Just a super bright image and no hassles with battery powered glasses. I am 100% sold now on passive 3D and in my case they even threw in 9 pairs of glasses and I also bought a set of flip up LG clip-on's for $25 that work perfectly with my normal eyeglasses. (AG-F220 is the LG part number for the flip up clip-on's. If you normally wear glasses, you will LOVE these)

I just watched the Avatar 3D blu-ray and was blown away by the image. It was easily better than the 3D version I saw in the theatre. Not as big mind you but it didn't change the experience and the screen at home was brighter and sharper than in the theatre which still resulted in the same immersive experience that I got in the theatre. VERY happy with this TV so far and I've barely started tweaking settings yet. WAF has been very high as well with this TV so that pretty much sums it up! (Wife Acceptance Factor) Cheers!

James
post #6321 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 11:05 AM

Might sound like a noob question, but we gotta start somewhere, right? I just got the 47" version of this TV (excited as HECK!) after playing with one at Best Buy last night. I have about 15 Blurays and watch them on my PS3. Will I be able to watch them in 3D? More specifically, is it going to be converted 3D content? Or will it simply play as original 3D content? My idea of converted content is something you would watch on TV, and would let the TV automatically convert it.
post #6322 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Only Blu-ray 3D movies will play in true 3-D. The TV does have a simulated 3D feature, which works OK on some content but it is doesn't look close to the real thing. It also tends to distort the image in strange ways. You will want to get some actual 3D Blu-rays for sure, and check out some of the 3D material on the PS Network. If you have DirecTV, they offer several 3D channels. Some cable providers also have some limited 3D content offered.
post #6323 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Do you need a 3D Blu-ray player to play 3D movies from Blu-ray? I have never owned a Blu-ray player but the 3D aspect of the 5600 has me intrigued. Is there a difference between 3D Blu-ray formats? That is, do you have to get different versions for active and passive 3D content?

Thanks..Philip
post #6324 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

Do you need a 3D Blu-ray player to play 3D movies from Blu-ray? I have never owned a Blu-ray player but the 3D aspect of the 5600 has me intrigued. Is there a difference between 3D Blu-ray formats? That is, do you have to get different versions for active and passive 3D content?

Thanks..Philip

Yes you need a 3d Blu-Ray player to play movies. No difference in format.
post #6325 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 05:50 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcd View Post

Thanks..Philip

I don't have a PS3, but I believe your PS3 will play 3D movies. It may need a firmware update to do it though. You may need a "high speed" HDMI cable also.

As harpo1 said, any Blu-Ray 3D movie will play on any 3D television. It doesn't matter if it's active or passive.

And, FYI, glasses brought home from RealD3D movies will work with your LG TV. The IMAX 3D ones won't.
post #6326 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex727 View Post

I don't have a PS3, but I believe your PS3 will play 3D movies. It may need a firmware update to do it though. You may need a "high speed" HDMI cable also.

As harpo1 said, any Blu-Ray 3D movie will play on any 3D television. It doesn't matter if it's active or passive.

And, FYI, glasses brought home from RealD3D movies will work with your LG TV. The IMAX 3D ones won't.

Where did it say he/she had a PS3?
post #6327 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 06:43 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpo1 View Post

Where did it say he/she had a PS3?

My bad - I confused pmcd and vulcZ.
post #6328 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HD_addict View Post

In the Setup Menu under Support, there is an Initialization of Premium.
Did you try that?

Funny enough I tried that yesterday before reading your post and it worked for a while. Today I had to do it again. This is very weird. Thank you very much.
post #6329 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Unlocked THX Mode.

So should I now go through and edit the individual settings within it (i know the 8741 password)? Or just keep it at it's defaults?
post #6330 of 8232 Old 12-21-2011, 11:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by flex727 View Post

My bad - I confused pmcd and vulcZ.

Geez, funny as they are very similar in an odd way. I looked at the two and wondered how two people could have the same username!

Philip
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Infinia 47lw5600 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Infinia 55lw5600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page