Official LG 47LW5600/55LW5600 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - Page 241 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7201 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 06:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This thread makes my head spin I've read so many pages and still unsure regarding enabling the THX mode. I understand that to enable THX in the EZ adjust menu

-tool option 4 change the THX setting to 1 (this is for the 2D PQ image) this enables THX Bright Room and THX Cinema.
-tool option 6 and change the THX 3D cinema setting to 1.

However there are conflicting posts on white balance adjustments. There is a post that suggests that the white balance in the ez main menu should be set to Medium, then at some point Elevatorman#9 says that setting the white balance in the menu can corrupt the TV or something. I am confused on what to do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7202 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post

This thread makes my head spin I've read so many pages and still unsure regarding enabling the THX mode. I understand that to enable THX in the EZ adjust menu

-tool option 4 change the THX setting to 1 (this is for the 2D PQ image) this enables THX Bright Room and THX Cinema.
-tool option 6 and change the THX 3D cinema setting to 1.

However there are conflicting posts on white balance adjustments. There is a post that suggests that the white balance in the ez main menu should be set to Medium, then at some point Elevatorman#9 says that setting the white balance in the menu can corrupt the TV or something. I am confused on what to do?

Phew glad i saw this post before posting,,i was gonna ask if enabling the THX 3D also enables THX,,,,i guess not due to there being 2 diff options

also,just to clarify..whenever theres a change in this menu ,you need to turn off the TV,,approx 30 sec then back on?
post #7203 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 06:45 AM

Question regarding AC3 5.1.
I have enabled that through the ez adjust menu.
I have my BD210 connected to the LG via HDMI, then optical from LG to receiver.
Now, I am playing the Avatar 3d bluray. When I am on the menu screen where it has the play, scene selection, etc. options, I see that my receiver is getting 5.1.
But when I play the movie, it switches to PCM 48??

what could be the issue here? since I get 5.1 on the menu it means my set up is correct, so why does it switch to PCM when I play the movie.

Has anybody seen this happen?
Would appreciate some guidance here.
post #7204 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 06:57 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulp001 View Post

Now, I am playing the Avatar 3d bluray. When I am on the menu screen where it has the play, scene selection, etc. options, I see that my receiver is getting 5.1.

what could be the issue here? since I get 5.1 on the menu it means my set up is correct, so why does it switch to PCM when I play the movie.

I have the exact same setup, but haven't done the AC3 hack yet. Very interested in a reply on this. How does it play on other DVDs?

Jim
post #7205 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:

Avatar is in DTS-HD and the tv will not pass DTS in any form. Some blurays include a 640kb Dolby 5.1 that you can switch to but I don't know if Avatar does or not. You would be better of running an optical directly from the bluray player to your receiver so you can the the DTS core which at 1.5mb still sounds pretty damn good.
post #7206 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymerkramer View Post

Avatar is in DTS-HD and the tv will not pass DTS in any form. Some blurays include a 640kb Dolby 5.1 that you can switch to but I don't know if Avatar does or not. You would be better of running an optical directly from the bluray player to your receiver so you can the the DTS core which at 1.5mb still sounds pretty damn good.

Sorry for all the strange spelling and missing words, stupid IPhone auto correct!!!!
post #7207 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jben04 View Post

Got back home yesterday with my RCA $8 remote from walmart... tried it on my LG b4 i took it back to see if it works ( taking the LG back for a replacement due to it being cracked dented etc on the edge)..5 hours ,2 best buys and 155 miles i came home with my new LG.

today. set up my LG again

I would like to order the remote on-line, could you post the model number or the info. I need to get the right one.

Looking thru these pages did not turn up the exact info.

Maybe there is a URL for Walmart showing the exact one ?

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

post #7208 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenr11 View Post

Can't wait for Chad's review.

What exactly are you referring to ?

I know the name of the person you mention, but, what review ?

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

post #7209 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post

I would like to order the remote on-line, could you post the model number or the info. I need to get the right one.

ok the model number i got was RCR312WR
from what ive read,this one should work http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-4-Devi...ntrol/14178197
model number : RCR4258N

Hope this helps
post #7210 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymerkramer View Post

Aah.. DTS-HD is the issue here, got it. And as you said, no DTS 5.1 English available on that disk. just to test i switched to 5.1 French and the receiver did switch to DD 5.1.
So, i guess nothing wrong with my set up.

I am not too keen on running an optical from BD player to receiver, just because I will have to switch the receiver inputs when watching Blurays.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.
post #7211 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Hi COMPUTIAC...this is your senior buddy from Canton! I purchased the RCA 312WR from the Bristol Walmart. It ran me a few cents shy of a whopping $8! It works like a charm. I would venture to say that after viewing the THX PQ one would be hard-pressed to find a better TV for hundreds more.
post #7212 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 12:56 PM

For Canadians looking for the RCA remotes to access the EZ Adjust menu, you may have noticed that the model numbers are different up here.

I picked up an RCA CRCR311B from Bestbuy for $11 and it works just fine using the already published codes.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...75d478681fen02
post #7213 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 01:36 PM

Gentleman, there is waaaaaay to much confusion on what to do and how to do the Hack some one post a video! we can request for and Admin to add it to the 1st page.
post #7214 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 02:17 PM

Actually, everything that you need to know about EZ ADJUST menu is in this post.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post21400219

Just that people refuse to search the forum and we end up asking the same questions and getting bits and pieces of information in the responses causing the confusion.
post #7215 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:

Actually, everything that you need to know about EZ ADJUST menu is in this post.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post21400219

Just that people refuse to search the forum and we end up asking the same questions and getting bits and pieces of information in the responses causing the confusion.

While I do appreciate having all that info in one post, it's still very difficult to decipher. For example the question I asked earlier about white balance. I understand how to switch on THX, I still don't understand if there is a white balance issue with the default THX mode and whether it needs to be adjusted through the EZ menu or outside of it.
post #7216 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenGSR View Post

While I do appreciate having all that info in one post, it's still very difficult to decipher. For example the question I asked earlier about white balance. I understand how to switch on THX, I still don't understand if there is a white balance issue with the default THX mode and whether it needs to be adjusted through the EZ menu or outside of it.

Well, some may disagree with me on this one, but here is what I did...
1. Highlight (but do not go into) the THX option
2. Enter ''8741'' (This will unlock the THX settings)
3. Scroll down to ''Temp'' and select ''medium.''
For me, this made the whites white.
post #7217 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abba1 View Post

Hi COMPUTIAC...this is your senior buddy from Canton! I purchased the RCA 312WR from the Bristol Walmart. It ran me a few cents shy of a whopping $8! It works like a charm. I would venture to say that after viewing the THX PQ one would be hard-pressed to find a better TV for hundreds more.

Hi abba1, Thank's for the model confirmation. Several have been mentioned as you can see, to add to the confusion of a simple thing to do(my opinion).

I have looked thru Walmarts remote listing and can't find the 312WR at all. I did look on Amazon also, and found the same result.

Maybe I need new glasses also ?

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

post #7218 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:

Hi abba1, Thank's for the model confirmation. Several have been mentioned as you can see, to add to the confusion of a simple thing to do(my opinion).

I have looked thru Walmarts remote listing and can't find the 312WR at all. I did look on Amazon also, and found the same result.

Maybe I need new glasses also ?

No glasses needed! I discovered the same thing. I wound up visiting a Walmart because everyone said they were there. And sure enough, even though its not listed on the website (at least I didn't see it), there it was hanging on a rack in all its radiant glory! Anyway, give it a shot. I think its worth it.
post #7219 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:

No glasses needed! I discovered the same thing. I wound up visiting a Walmart because everyone said they were there. And sure enough, even though its not listed on the website (at least I didn't see it), there it was hanging on a rack in all its radiant glory! Anyway, give it a shot. I think its worth it.

Whew ! Thank's. My question now is there a alternative to this ?

At this point I'm unable to go to Walmart and make a guest appearance as being partially disabled, on new medication and trying to find a new Dr.

In my post from late this morning Jben04 mentioned RCR4258N as being a possible alternate but I can't confirm it.

So, what else will do the trick ?

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

post #7220 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:

At this point I'm unable to go to Walmart and make a guest appearance as being partially disabled, on new medication and trying to find a new Dr.

In my post from late this morning Jben04 mentioned RCR4258N as being a possible alternate but I can't confirm it.

Sorry about your disability COMPUTIAC. Hope the medication and your quest for a new MD proves to be fruitful. Post # 7213 describes an RCA remote that looks identical to the one at Walmart. From my understanding the guide button is needed to start the hack process which this remote has. Hope this helps.
post #7221 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 04:06 PM

This is where i got the info from in regards to the RCA remote :
http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.ph...te#RCA_remotes

There it lists a few other RCA models that will also do the trick
post #7222 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:

Tell you what...if you want I'll send you my RCA remote. Now that I've got the THX on the LG up-and-running, the RCA will probably sit around collecting dust.
If you want to go this route, just PM your address and I'll get it to you ASAP
post #7223 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:

Sorry about your disability COMPUTIAC. Hope the medication and your quest for a new MD proves to be fruitful. Post # 7213 describes an RCA remote that looks identical to the one at Walmart. From my understanding the guide button is needed to start the hack process which this remote has. Hope this helps.

Thank's for your concern. The medication part of things is the horrible side effects along with the ups and downs associated.
The RCR4258N also has the guide button,here:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-4-Devi...ntrol/14178197

Do you also use the Logitech Harmony One ? If so how is the performance ?

Will it actually replicate the functions of the remotes from the Pioneer A/V, Roku, LG and Cablevision ?

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

post #7224 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jben04 View Post

This is where i got the info from in regards to the RCA remote :
http://openlgtv.org.ru/wiki/index.ph...te#RCA_remotes

There it lists a few other RCA models that will also do the trick

Thank's for the link. I've tried to go to the same site before and MBAM blocks it every time.

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

post #7225 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:

Thank's for your concern. The medication part of things is the horrible side effects along with the ups and downs associated.
The RCR4258N also has the guide button,here:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-4-Devi...ntrol/14178197

Do you also use the Logitech Harmony One ? If so how is the performance ?

Will it actually replicate the functions of the remotes from the Pioneer A/V, Roku, LG and Cablevision ?

No, I don't have a Logitech. I have a URC-R50 Universal Remote which does a pretty fair job. As for Logitech, many people seem to love that remote.
post #7226 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tralph11 View Post

There are couple reasons why your lag might be excessive.

1. you must install the latest firmware that is "only" available off of the LG website.

2. the input label must be set to "PC".

And you might want to try HDMI3 in addition to the other suggestions.

Let us know if this helps or not.

Regards.
--
Taylor

What will this new update do for lag? I dont have an RGB connector from my xbox for the TV, so i think HDMI will have to do. After installing this update, will i see reduced lag for my HDMI gaming connection?
post #7227 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampassjr View Post

What will this new update do for lag? I dont have an RGB connector from my xbox for the TV, so i think HDMI will have to do. After installing this update, will i see reduced lag for my HDMI gaming connection?

You label the HDMI input as "PC". And, yes, everyone seems to have much improved lag after the update. Just grab a USB thumb drive and give it a shot.

To set the label do the following.

1. Press Home
2. Select INPUT
3. Press green button
4. Select "PC"
5. Profit

Regards.
--
Taylor

EDIT: After you press the green button make sure you have the correct HDMI port selected and use the left/right arrows on the remote to cycle through the various labels. To verify you have the "PC" label set correctly after you exit out of the menu just press the INFO button and you should see "HDMI* (PC)" at the top of the screen.
post #7228 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 08:40 PM

Hello,

I just recently got a 47LW5600 and with this being my first ever HDTV, I had been following various posts to learn about calibrating the tv.

As I played around with various settings, something I noticed is that the "Real Cinema" has been grayed out since beginning. I tried going back on the settings to see if I can get it to turn on, but no success yet.

I would appreciate those with any insight into this and can help me get this option to where I can select it

Thanks
SK
post #7229 of 8230 Old 02-16-2012, 10:01 PM

Trying again hoping for someone who may know the answer.

Will enabling the THX modes void the warranty?

Thanks,

K
post #7230 of 8230 Old 02-17-2012, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaxtheprince View Post

Hello,

I just recently got a 47LW5600 and with this being my first ever HDTV, I had been following various posts to learn about calibrating the tv.

As I played around with various settings, something I noticed is that the "Real Cinema" has been grayed out since beginning. I tried going back on the settings to see if I can get it to turn on, but no success yet.

I would appreciate those with any insight into this and can help me get this option to where I can select it

Thanks
SK

I believe the Real Cinema option will only be selectable if the source is providing a 1080P resolution. If you have a PS3, Blu-Ray, or HD-DVD player that does 1080P, then when you select that input, Real Cinema should be available to turn on or off for you.

Ed

PSN - eghill1125
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Infinia 47lw5600 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Infinia 55lw5600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page