Official LG 47LW5600/55LW5600 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - Page 248 - AVS Forum
First ... 246  247  248 249  250  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Official LG 47LW5600/55LW5600 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread
COMPUTIAC's Avatar COMPUTIAC 06:20 PM 03-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post

My "no TV audio at turn on" problem is fixed. Per suggestions and comments from NLN987S, COMPUTIAC, sdjhome, and flex727, I replaced the SA8300HDC cable box this weekend. The new box is a Cisco 8642HDC and the TV audio now works perfectly. Thanks again to all.

Your welcome !

Glad it worked out.

jaymerkramer's Avatar jaymerkramer 06:32 PM 03-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbenton View Post

I just tried that link to Singapore LG and got "We are sorry. The page you requested does not exist" ?

Looks like they moved things around probably getting ready for new sets.
Try this, there is a section on dvr recording. Try this link and get the English manual.

http://www.lg.com/sg/common/product/...-55LW6500.jsp#
rothlike's Avatar rothlike 07:01 PM 03-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post

My "no TV audio at turn on" problem is fixed. Per suggestions and comments from NLN987S, COMPUTIAC, sdjhome, and flex727, I replaced the SA8300HDC cable box this weekend.

My SA8300HD worked with audio once I activated the 5.1 passthrough in the service menu. Glad for that as my cable company has no alternative boxes.

Rich
Sgooter's Avatar Sgooter 02:34 PM 03-06-2012
My cable box resolution is set to 1080i only and my BD player resolution output was set to AUTO. Today, I re-checked my Expert 1 and 2 settings and noticed the picture aspect had changed to 16:9, and Just Scan and Local Dimming were both grayed out! The solution to this settings puzzle was to change the BD player output to 1080p, which restored the Just Scan and Local Dimming options.
jtbenton's Avatar jtbenton 03:36 PM 03-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymerkramer View Post

Looks like they moved things around probably getting ready for new sets.
Try this, there is a section on dvr recording. Try this link and get the English manual.

http://www.lg.com/sg/common/product/...-55LW6500.jsp#

Thank you for following up, this manual does have a DVR section.
hdtvfreak1's Avatar hdtvfreak1 07:02 PM 03-06-2012
I just bought the lw5600 and noticed a lag playing COD3. I have the hdmi cable in slot 3 and have it in game mode with pc name input. Would replacing the hdmi cables wire to the high speed hdmi cable help with the lag?

Thanks
Sgooter's Avatar Sgooter 07:16 PM 03-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtvfreak1 View Post

I just bought the lw5600 and noticed a lag playing COD3. I have the hdmi cable in slot 3 and have it in game mode with pc name input. Would replacing the hdmi cables wire to the high speed hdmi cable help with the lag?
Thanks

I read somewhere in this thread that the latest FW improves the lag. Have you updated the FW?
Wamblej's Avatar Wamblej 10:00 PM 03-06-2012
I am looking into a tilting/swiveling mount from Monoprice. Anyone have any suggestions for my 55lw5600? Tilt is the more important of the features as I'm hoping to eliminate the vertical angle crosstalk. Also if my mount comes with screws for the tv do I use those or the 4 that are already in the back of the tv? Thanks for any input!
ahro's Avatar ahro 08:32 AM 03-07-2012
Okay, I've finally got my LG 47 5600 to output 5.1 from my set top box using opt 1 to my receiver. Now I'd like to get VUDU from the TV, but I have this problem, discussed much here, that the audio out on the LG only outputs 2.0. Audio out on the TV is my only option due to the setup of other things like my Blu ray player, set top box etc.

Is there ANY way to get 5.1 from the LG audio out so I can get Vudu 5.1+ ? (I don't want to get it from my Panny 310). TIA
jjaymz's Avatar jjaymz 08:38 AM 03-07-2012
You have to do this thru the service menu as discussed, ad nauseum, here.

Jim
ahro's Avatar ahro 09:18 AM 03-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaymz View Post

You have to do this thru the service menu as discussed, ad nauseum, here.

Jim

I've read a lot of this thread, and seen some references to the service menu, but don't have the foggiest notion how to access it. I thought someone was saying through a smart phone. Is there a way to access it through the TV itself?
jjaymz's Avatar jjaymz 09:28 AM 03-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahro View Post

I've read a lot of this thread, and seen some references to the service menu, but don't have the foggiest notion how to access it. I thought someone was saying through a smart phone. Is there a way to access it through the TV itself?

Do a search on this thread only for 'service menu hacks' and you should be able to narrow your reading a bit.

Three major steps:

Buy a $8 RCA remote at Wal-Mart and set it up according to instructions found in this thread.

Access the LG service menu w/RCA remote and enter password as per discussion.

Use LG remote to "Start" AC3 service in service menu.

Just spend a little time looking and yuou'll figure it out. Turns out to be pretty easy.

Jim
ahro's Avatar ahro 09:44 AM 03-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaymz View Post

Do a search on this thread only for 'service menu hacks' and you should be able to narrow your reading a bit.

Three major steps:

Buy a $8 RCA remote at Wal-Mart and set it up according to instructions found in this thread.

Access the LG service menu w/RCA remote and enter password as per discussion.

Use LG remote to "Start" AC3 service in service menu.

Just spend a little time looking and yuou'll figure it out. Turns out to be pretty easy.

Jim

Thanks. I think I'll stay away from the service menu if it's a hack. If there is no way to enable 5.0 from the set itself, I don't want to take a chance on bricking the set. Everything else works fine with a bit of tinkering, so I guess I'll live with 2.0 converted to fake dolby plx 2 for the occasional 3D movie from Vudu. Thanks, again.
jaymerkramer's Avatar jaymerkramer 10:03 AM 03-07-2012
Quote:

Okay, I've finally got my LG 47 5600 to output 5.1 from my set top box using opt 1 to my receiver. Now I'd like to get VUDU from the TV, but I have this problem, discussed much here, that the audio out on the LG only outputs 2.0. Audio out on the TV is my only option due to the setup of other things like my Blu ray player, set top box etc.

Is there ANY way to get 5.1 from the LG audio out so I can get Vudu 5.1+ ? (I don't want to get it from my Panny 310). TIA

5.1 from the OTA input, Vudu and Netflix(the movies that have 5.1 on Netflix) worked on my set right out of the box. Optical out from back of TV to my receiver lights up 5.1 from all of those sources. Going from HDMI in on tv to optical out from TV did NOT pass through 5.1 out of the box without going in to the service menu and enabling it. I really have no need to pass it through since I have all of my devices going to the reciver first anyway but I tested it out anyway. Strange that OTA, Netflix and Vudu give 5.1 out right out of the box on some sets and on other sets it does not.
DunnoAV's Avatar DunnoAV 10:28 AM 03-07-2012
Maybe someone can help me. I purchased this tv last year and as of yesterday I finally adjusted the pic. with recommendation from this thread. I have to say the pic. looks much better, but still not satisfied. I don't no what u call it, but does anyone get bright lighting around credits at the end of movies or around the direct tv logo. I'm sure its the led's lighting up, but it glows around white lettering and drives me crazy. I started to read this thread, but there's too much to go thru. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You
ahro's Avatar ahro 11:44 AM 03-07-2012
Quote:

Strange that OTA, Netflix and Vudu give 5.1 out right out of the box on some sets and on other sets it does not.

What do you mean OTA Vudu? How do I get over-the-air Vudu? Really?
jaymerkramer's Avatar jaymerkramer 12:30 PM 03-07-2012
Quote:

What do you mean OTA Vudu? How do I get over-the-air Vudu? Really?

OTA means Over The Air such as as broadcast television via the coax connector on the back of the TV. It provides 5.1 audio out of the optical connector the same as Netflix and Vudu.
mozilla314's Avatar mozilla314 12:47 PM 03-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunnoAV View Post

Maybe someone can help me. I purchased this tv last year and as of yesterday I finally adjusted the pic. with recommendation from this thread. I have to say the pic. looks much better, but still not satisfied. I don't no what u call it, but does anyone get bright lighting around credits at the end of movies or around the direct tv logo. I'm sure its the led's lighting up, but it glows around white lettering and drives me crazy. I started to read this thread, but there's too much to go thru. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You

I know what you mean. It drives me crazy too.
You have 2 options; Only use Game mode, which doesn't use local dimming. Or find a way to access the service menu to enable the option to turn off local dimming on each mode.
ahro's Avatar ahro 01:01 PM 03-07-2012
Quote:

OTA means Over The Air such as as broadcast television via the coax connector on the back of the TV. It provides 5.1 audio out of the optical connector the same as Netflix and Vudu.

Of course I know what OTA is. Read my post, it's says over-the-air in the test. What I'm missing here is the notion that you can get VUDU that way. That's an explanation I'd like to hear
HowlinWolf's Avatar HowlinWolf 02:00 PM 03-07-2012
Quote:

Of course I know what OTA is. Read my post, it's says over-the-air in the test. What I'm missing here is the notion that you can get VUDU that way. That's an explanation I'd like to hear

I think you missed a , (comma) in that post. He was saying OTA, (comma) Vudu. Meaning OTA and also Vudu, not Vudu over the air.
Warrior 3000's Avatar Warrior 3000 02:53 PM 03-07-2012
im trying to set up the DVR. i turned it on, got my USB drive in and everything. Im using my cable box vis component cables, it says it cant record with component cables. wtf do i do?
jaymerkramer's Avatar jaymerkramer 02:57 PM 03-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior 3000 View Post

im trying to set up the DVR. i turned it on, got my USB drive in and everything. Im using my cable box vis component cables, it says it cant record with component cables. wtf do i do?

I thought I read on one of the other forums that the DVR function was only for the Over The Air Antenna Input. I don't think it can record from any of the other inputs.
Warrior 3000's Avatar Warrior 3000 03:10 PM 03-07-2012
Quote:

I thought I read on one of the other forums that the DVR function was only for the Over The Air Antenna Input. I don't think it can record from any of the other inputs.

oh well when i change my tv to OTA antenna it looks TERRIABLE. the tv gets two gray bars on the bottom and black screen
Brian Hakey's Avatar Brian Hakey 03:39 PM 03-07-2012
I've scoured RemoteCentral, but does anyone know where I can find the LW5600 file for my Universal MX-900 remote control?
hdtvfreak1's Avatar hdtvfreak1 09:18 PM 03-07-2012
My sound went out but still have picture with my hdmi. Has this happen to anyone else?
32BitMan's Avatar 32BitMan 12:07 AM 03-08-2012
LG has released the new firmware "05.11.06" for many TV, My is LW650.
It may resolve the pairing problem for Android Apps.
skyguy3d's Avatar skyguy3d 12:40 AM 03-08-2012
LG support page for the LG 55LW5600 still lists the older firmware. Thanks for the heads up though.

It's under "software update"
http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-55LW5600
HowlinWolf's Avatar HowlinWolf 10:33 AM 03-08-2012
Dang, my TV is still not showing any available updates. I still have 04.02.28 with no available updates when I check (on the TV).
Warrior 3000's Avatar Warrior 3000 11:11 AM 03-08-2012
same with me. seems like LG is very slow with pushing out OTA updates =/
ahro's Avatar ahro 12:13 PM 03-08-2012
Is Trumotion LG's frame interpolation system? I have it on low and TV films and blu ray discs look a bit like video. Anyone have experience with this?
Tags: Lg Infinia 47lw5600 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Infinia 55lw5600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv
First ... 246  247  248 249  250  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop