Official LG 47LW5600/55LW5600 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - Page 256 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7651 of 8245 Old 04-11-2012, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How can I count the framerates while gaming. I swear it seems that my TV runs Uncharted 3 at about 20 FPS. This is with Game and Audio mode turned on. I'm going out of my mind trying to get this set to work for me. UGHhhhhhh. Are there any TV FPS counters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7652 of 8245 Old 04-11-2012, 10:47 PM

Liked: 12
Well I did the latest firmware update 04.03.01 and I see nothing new just the problem from the stalled response. I unplugged the TV and it didn't help at all. I did reset the Initial settings and that seems to have worked for now, it hasn't locked up again. However it was a pain in the butt as I had to reinstall my wifi passcode, and relabel all my inputs, readjust all my picture and audio settings, along with the date and time. It was rather time consuming for no apparent gain!

Now what would happen to the many who updated their TV and had the freezing, without the knowledge or know how to fix it from information gained from a forum??!!!! They'd have a TV that would NOT work!

This is bull crap and LG should send a new update immediately to fix this. I have setup so many friends and family home theaters because they don't have a clue on how to setup the TV even. My father in law has the 47LW5600 as well, and I had to setup everything because he's electronically challenged. So I know I'll be spending more time at his house to fix this, if he clicks yes to update the firmware.

I'd at least like to gain something for my wasted time with this. The most important feature they left off of the TV could had been implemented easily in this firmware update, that being a 4:3 Zoom for 4:3 framed letterboxed widescreen movies that are not anamorphic from either being on cable, a VHS tape or home recorded DVD-R(W).

Come on LG, where's the 4:3 ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!
post #7653 of 8245 Old 04-11-2012, 10:57 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolMETAL View Post

Well I did the latest firmware update 04.03.01 and I see nothing new just the problem from the stalled response. I unplugged the TV and it didn't help at all. I did reset the Initial settings and that seems to have worked for now, it hasn't locked up again. However it was a pain in the butt as I had to reinstall my wifi passcode, and relabel all my inputs, readjust all my picture and audio settings, along with the date and time. It was rather time consuming for no apparent gain!

Now what would happen to the many who updated their TV and had the freezing, without the knowledge or know how to fix it from information gained from a forum??!!!! They'd have a TV that would NOT work!

This is bull crap and LG should send a new update immediately to fix this. I have setup so many friends and family home theaters because they don't have a clue on how to setup the TV even. My father in law has the 47LW5600 as well, and I had to setup everything because he's electronically challenged. So I know I'll be spending more time at his house to fix this, if he clicks yes to update the firmware.

I'd at least like to gain something for my wasted time with this. The most important feature they left off of the TV could had been implemented easily in this firmware update, that being a 4:3 Zoom for 4:3 framed letterboxed widescreen movies that are not anamorphic from either being on cable, a VHS tape or home recorded DVD-R(W).

Next time if you have to fix the problem, you don't have to do the "Initial Setup"

Just go to SETUP > SUPPORT > INITIALIZATION OF PREMIUM.
It fixed the slow respond and you don't have to reset anything
post #7654 of 8245 Old 04-12-2012, 12:23 AM

the tv doesn't support DTS so i have to convert my bluray.mkv to AC3-5.1 audio, such a waste of time. anyway around this?
post #7655 of 8245 Old 04-12-2012, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonSplitter View Post

How can I count the framerates while gaming. I swear it seems that my TV runs Uncharted 3 at about 20 FPS. This is with Game and Audio mode turned on. I'm going out of my mind trying to get this set to work for me. UGHhhhhhh. Are there any TV FPS counters.

Aren't framerates determined by the video card or game console?
post #7656 of 8245 Old 04-12-2012, 06:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgonline View Post

the tv doesn't support DTS so i have to convert my bluray.mkv to AC3-5.1 audio, such a waste of time. anyway around this?

Use an actual streamer?

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #7657 of 8245 Old 04-12-2012, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matwu37 View Post

Next time if you have to fix the problem, you don't have to do the "Initial Setup"

Exactly what I did and even with being signed all the time I'm not experiencing any slowdown in the remote or menu screens.
post #7658 of 8245 Old 04-12-2012, 04:19 PM

I previously mentioned that I received my TV with dents in the back. Here is a picture of what it looks like. I didn't realize how bad it was until I flipped the TV around to take the pictures.

I had an LG warranty repairman out today and he said he couldn't be sure if there was damage to the screen, so he'd replace that, as well as the bezel (which has a slight bend) and of course, the back. So basically, it's going to be almost a new TV. I would have preferred to exchange it, but it's not stocked anymore. I thought about returning it and buying the new LG model (6700), but the glossy screen would be an issue in the room I have the TV.
LL
post #7659 of 8245 Old 04-12-2012, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlands7 View Post

I previously mentioned that I received my TV with dents in the back. Here is a picture of what it looks like. I didn't realize how bad it was until I flipped the TV around to take the pictures.

I had an LG warranty repairman out today and he said he couldn't be sure if there was damage to the screen, so he'd replace that, as well as the bezel (which has a slight bend) and of course, the back. So basically, it's going to be almost a new TV. I would have preferred to exchange it, but it's not stocked anymore. I thought about returning it and buying the new LG model (6700), but the glossy screen would be an issue in the room I have the TV.

That is a pretty bad dent. I'd be surprised if LG shipped it out like that, might be shipping damage. Hard to tell. Glad that LG is going to repair it for you. The matte screen is one of the reasons I went with the 5600 myself. My family room is very bright and I can't use a glossy screen either.

BTW what is that square box marked with the LG logo that's hooked into your USB port right below the wi-fi dongle?
post #7660 of 8245 Old 04-12-2012, 10:44 PM

Liked: 12
Good catch !

Wonder what the heck it is ?

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

post #7661 of 8245 Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwmont13 View Post

That is a pretty bad dent. I'd be surprised if LG shipped it out like that, might be shipping damage. Hard to tell. Glad that LG is going to repair it for you. The matte screen is one of the reasons I went with the 5600 myself. My family room is very bright and I can't use a glossy screen either.

Yeah, I can't imagine how a dent like that happened. It doesn't appear to be shipping damage since the box wasn't damaged and all the styrofoam was intact. The serviceman said it wouldn't have come out of the factory like that. Then again, I can't think of another explanation unless someone bought it, took the panel out, stepped on the back of it a few times, then boxed it back up and returned it. All the parts were still sealed in their bags.

Quote:

BTW what is that square box marked with the LG logo that's hooked into your USB port right below the wi-fi dongle?

That's the sensor for the Magic Motion remote. Note that my TV is the 5700, which is basically the same TV with the local dimming disabled (which can be turned on through the service menu) and no Magic Motion remote (I bought one on Amazon for $15). Is it connected differently on the 5600?
post #7662 of 8245 Old 04-12-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post

Good catch !

Wonder what the heck it is ?

Whatever it is my 5600 didn't have that included in the box. My guess is that it's some type of a USB storage device but I've never seen one that had an LG logo on it. Also has an indicator LED on it too.
post #7663 of 8245 Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I can't imagine how a dent like that happened. It doesn't appear to be shipping damage since the box wasn't damaged and all the styrofoam was intact. The serviceman said it wouldn't have come out of the factory like that. Then again, I can't think of another explanation unless someone bought it, took the panel out, stepped on the back of it a few times, then boxed it back up and returned it. All the parts were still sealed in their bags.

I think you're right that someone probably damaged it and returned it then it was resold to you. IDK how you could repack one of those to ship it back without messing up the factory packaging though. Or how the company missed checking it for damage upon return. It could have shipped from the factory like that, I've seen it happen before with stuff but never a TV.

Quote:

That's the sensor for the Magic Motion remote. Note that my TV is the 5700, which is basically the same TV with the local dimming disabled (which can be turned on through the service menu) and no Magic Motion remote (I bought one on Amazon for $15). Is it connected differently on the 5600?

Yes the 5600 must have the sensor internal as mine shipped with the MM remote but no external sensor like yours has. As far as local dimming, turning it on really improves the blacks on my 5600. They look like ink now, very nice and deep black. You should see if the repairman will enable it in the service menu when they fix the set.

Hope they get it squared away for you soon. Are they doing it under warranty?
post #7664 of 8245 Old 04-13-2012, 03:11 AM

Quote:

Hope they get it squared away for you soon. Are they doing it under warranty?

Yes, it's being fixed under warranty (probably next week), although the serviceman said he thought Costco was likely responsible for the damage.

I'll see if I can get him to turn on the local dimming. Otherwise, I'll try to find one of the RCA remotes that can access the service menu.
post #7665 of 8245 Old 04-13-2012, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolMETAL View Post

I feel lucky as all get out because I unhooked the Ethernet cable to my 55LW5600 last week when I bought a Roku XDS for more streaming options. I figured I would plug it into the TV when I saw an update was available (from reading this forum). Glad I did because it spared me the headaches some of you are dealing with because of the crappy update.
post #7666 of 8245 Old 04-13-2012, 04:35 AM

Quote:

I have the 5600 and got an extra remote from Amazon. It came with the sensor but I don't need it. I was surprised to even see it in the box. The 5700 might not need i either, not sure. You could try to register it without the sensor. Remove the sensor, and hit enter on the remote. To reset the remote, hold Enter and Mute for 5 seconds (or more). It took my TV a good 5 minutes to recognize the remote. And then when I switched back to the old remote, it took a few more tried to get that one to work again.

http://www.sc.fsu.edu/attachments/69...tionRemote.pdf
post #7667 of 8245 Old 04-13-2012, 05:43 AM

Has anyone else here had any issues with jumpy home videos? Mine are filmed at 30p and they appear juddery. I have tried with real cinema off and on and it doesn't make a drastic difference. Any other recommendations?

I am playing all my movies through htpc.
post #7668 of 8245 Old 04-13-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamblej View Post

Has anyone else here had any issues with jumpy home videos? Mine are filmed at 30p and they appear juddery. I have tried with real cinema off and on and it doesn't make a drastic difference. Any other recommendations?

I am playing all my movies through htpc.

Have you tried turning OFF Tru-Motion?

BD=870

post #7669 of 8245 Old 04-13-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLN987S View Post

I believe I have tru-motion off on all inputs. I'll double check that at home though.
post #7670 of 8245 Old 04-13-2012, 06:45 PM

Really irritating after this most recent update my TV seem to be super slow, I tried the SETUP > SUPPORT > INITIALIZATION OF PREMIUM.

but it still didn't fix everything, hulu plus will not load my screen just goes black, anyone have a solution other than resetting the TV completely?
post #7671 of 8245 Old 04-13-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLN987S View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamblej View Post

I believe I have tru-motion off on all inputs. I'll double check that at home though.

I went into windows media center configuration and I have it change the resolution to 1080/30p and the home videos are now smooth again.

When I play a 3d br it plays through TotalMedia Theatre and switches to 1080/24p. Is this what i want it to be for 3d blu rays?
post #7672 of 8245 Old 04-14-2012, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyb View Post

Really irritating after this most recent update my TV seem to be super slow, I tried the SETUP > SUPPORT > INITIALIZATION OF PREMIUM.

but it still didn't fix everything, hulu plus will not load my screen just goes black, anyone have a solution other than resetting the TV completely?

On the 5700 forum, there is a post that has instructions from LG customer service to revert to previous firmware:
-Home Menu
-Setup
-Options (briefcase)
-Hit "9" key on remote seven times
-Software will revert and TV will reboot

I tried it and it worked, although I hit "9" an eighth time before it did anything (maybe one click didn't register).

However, I checked Hulu Plus, since you said it didn't load (I've only used it once, so I didn't notice it hadn't been loading). Even after the revert, mine still just goes to black.
post #7673 of 8245 Old 04-14-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matwu37 View Post

That's what I did and it was OK. Last night I got the slowdown issue. It was fine but now messed up. I guess I'll revert to the earlier firmware.
post #7674 of 8245 Old 04-14-2012, 04:43 PM

After the update my tv constantly forgets I set it to ht speakers via simplink. It remembers for the bluray player but not for the tv itself (Hulu Netflix, etc)
post #7675 of 8245 Old 04-15-2012, 03:43 AM

Anybody having issues with netflix lately on their 5600?
I started having this issue about a week ago.
The netflix logo screen is shown for close to a minute and then it gives an error screen with exit and retry options. When I retry its the same issue and when I exit it shows a blank screen and the tv stops responding to any buttons. I have to power it off and start again.
I think this started even before the recent update which I did 3 days ago.
Any suggestions?
post #7676 of 8245 Old 04-15-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulp001 View Post

Anybody having issues with netflix lately on their 5600?
I started having this issue about a week ago.
The netflix logo screen is shown for close to a minute and then it gives an error screen with exit and retry options. When I retry its the same issue and when I exit it shows a blank screen and the tv stops responding to any buttons. I have to power it off and start again.
I think this started even before the recent update which I did 3 days ago.
Any suggestions?

Nope, mine still works normally.
post #7677 of 8245 Old 04-15-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkybunch View Post

I have the 5600 and got an extra remote from Amazon. It came with the sensor but I don't need it. I was surprised to even see it in the box. The 5700 might not need i either, not sure. You could try to register it without the sensor. Remove the sensor, and hit enter on the remote.

I have a 5700 and bought the Amazon $15 remote. I first went into the service menu - Tool Option 5 and changed Dongle to Built-in and tried to reg. the remote. No go.
I suspect the 5700 doesn't have the extra rf board p/n: EBR72499601, but I can't see inside thru the vent holes. It plugs into P1302, lower left corner of the Main Board if there.
It may be that another setting in the service menu is required if all the parts needed are already there.
Would appreciate if someone who is using a Magic remote on a 5600 could go into the service menu - Tool Option 2 and tell me if Dual Control is set to On or Off.
post #7678 of 8245 Old 04-15-2012, 10:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:

However, I checked Hulu Plus, since you said it didn't load (I've only used it once, so I didn't notice it hadn't been loading). Even after the revert, mine still just goes to black.

HAving the same problem with Hulu on the 6500. WTF is going on?

post #7679 of 8245 Old 04-16-2012, 10:00 AM

Just had a chat with a cust support rep about hulu issue. Pretty disappointing they do not realize this is a known software issue with hulu plus. Instead of looking at the app they want to look at my tv? wtf?

Isha: Hello Guest. Welcome to LG Electronics U.S.A. Support only. How may I provide you with excellent service today?
Guest: I'm having issues with HULU PLUS on my TV since the most recent software update a few days ago.
Isha: I am sorry to hear about this.
Isha: you can try to reset the hulu
Isha: go to
Isha: home
Guest: The app will open, and go to the loading screen, loading screen is on for aprox 20-30s then the screen just goes all black.
Isha: settings
Isha: network
Isha: smart aplications
Isha: reset hulu
Guest: when you say settings do you mean setup?
Isha: yes
Isha: sorry
Isha: if you do not have hulu as an option
Isha: select device deactivation
Guest: ok tv is turning back on
Isha: ok
Isha: try hulu againi
Guest: It did the same thing
Isha: we can try to hard reset the TV
Guest: loading screen then all black screen
Isha: Unplug the unit and when it is unplugged press and hold the on \\ff button for 30 seconds then plug back in and try again.
Guest: Will this fix the issue?
Isha: it may
Isha: if it does not
Isha: we will have to set for service
Guest: It's a known issue since the software update, so you dont have any feedback on other people who have tried it?
Isha: some people is having problems with the new firmware update
Guest: and what is a /ff button
Isha: did you try the reset>
Isha: on\\off
Guest: If this doesnt work why would the tv need to be serviced, it's a software glitch
Guest: trying it now
Isha: the techs also support software
Isha: are we still connected/
Isha: I apologize it appears I may have lost my connection with you. I will remain on the line for approximately 2 minutes before exiting the chat. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact us back via Live Chat or you may call 800-243-0000. Thank you for choosing LG Live Chat.
Isha: Unfortunately due to a lack of response your chat session will be ending. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again via Live Chat or by calling 800-243-0000. Thank you for choosing LG Electronics. We appreciate your business. Have a great day!
Notice: Isha has exited the chat session.

Isha: Hello Guest. Welcome to LG Electronics U.S.A. Support only. How may I provide you with excellent service today?
Guest: You ended chat after you told me to go reset the TV. Issue is not fixed.
Guest: Not an issue with this TV it is a software issue with hulu plus, is LG working on a fix?
Isha: I see
Isha: when did you buy the unit?
Isha: we have reported already
Isha: but we still do not have any response
Guest: July 2011
Isha: ok we can go ahead and set an appt for a tech to go over
Isha: May I have your address please?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Guest: I don't see why that is necessary. If you have a tech look at one of your test models it will be the same thing...
Isha: thnkas
Isha: thanks
Isha: would you like me to send the tech over?
Guest: Would love it if I thought it would fix the issue.
Guest: It is not an issue with the TV
Isha: As I explained before, techs also handle software
Isha: should I send in the tech ?
Guest: but the software is NOT exclusive to my set
Guest: When can you have a tech here, I work.
Isha: how many inches is your TV?
Guest: 55"
Isha: thank you
Isha: I can have an LG t ech out by Fri 04/20 in the morning from 8-12
Guest: That's fine.
post #7680 of 8245 Old 04-16-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinema13 View Post

HAving the same problem with Hulu on the 6500. WTF is going on?

Just checked mine and the hulu + loaded fine I don't have an account but was able to watch the preview stuff with no issues. I'm on software version 04.03.01. I was having the remote lag issue but that seems to have cleared up.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Infinia 47lw5600 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Infinia 55lw5600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page