Official LG 47LW5600/55LW5600 "Passive 3D" Owners Thread - Page 278 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

post #8311 of 8316 Old 11-24-2016, 01:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I should also include...

I can't believe how many people have issues like this with their 5 year old LG TV. There should be some type of recall. I can't imagine that many good bad by the same problem after only 5 years and from a legitimate manufacturer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8312 of 8316 Old 11-24-2016, 09:02 PM

Liked: 10
wont connect to internet, any suggestions?

Mine suddenly quit connecting to the internet. it says failed to connect can not connect with a name server
home network is available. check with the dns server address and contact the internet provider. It finds my wifi connection fine and enters password. Any ideas? thanks. I found nothing in search
Don
post #8313 of 8316 Old 11-25-2016, 03:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac1 View Post
Mine suddenly quit connecting to the internet. it says failed to connect can not connect with a name server
home network is available. check with the dns server address and contact the internet provider. It finds my wifi connection fine and enters password. Any ideas? thanks. I found nothing in search
Don
Have you tried rebooting your router, then trying to connect the TV to the router and internet?

Please enter password to view this signature.
post #8314 of 8316 Old 11-25-2016, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnickel1901 View Post
I assume the main board and the bad power is an expensive fix - bummer, because I really did love the tv, but it is probably not worth the expense.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
We have the 55LW5300 which is basically the same TV. Purchased in 2012. Around 2014 it died, no logo, nada. Since you're occasionally getting a LG logo, I would suspect the power supply board, which I replaced on mine (uses the same power supply board, IIRC).

I laid it flat on the bed, face down, unscrewed the back cover, and there are two large boards -- power supply and main. Marked all of the connections, pulled them and found a replacement PS board on Ebay for $85. Got the board, swapped it out, fired it up and everything's been good since then. (Much easier to fix than our old Pioneer 503PU with its Media Center -- gotta be a dozen unobtainable boards going on there.)
post #8315 of 8316 Old 11-25-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
Have you tried rebooting your router, then trying to connect the TV to the router and internet?
Actually it is a brand new router we are using today so it should be fine. Problem started last week.
post #8316 of 8316 Old Today, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
We have the 55LW5300 which is basically the same TV. Purchased in 2012. Around 2014 it died, no logo, nada. Since you're occasionally getting a LG logo, I would suspect the power supply board, which I replaced on mine (uses the same power supply board, IIRC).

I laid it flat on the bed, face down, unscrewed the back cover, and there are two large boards -- power supply and main. Marked all of the connections, pulled them and found a replacement PS board on Ebay for $85. Got the board, swapped it out, fired it up and everything's been good since then. (Much easier to fix than our old Pioneer 503PU with its Media Center -- gotta be a dozen unobtainable boards going on there.)
Ok so my 55LW5600 just started having major issues. I blame it on all those talking about their issues on this forum!

All kidding aside, when turned on, it would have black/white squiggly horizontal lines, flash red, green, etc... Then go blank.

I searched the internet and found one potential fix if it is the input board that is having the issue, which seems to be the most common. I think its called the T-com board.

So I followed the directions of removing the board and placing it in the oven at 385 degrees for 10 minutes. Yes, my wife thought that I was insane "baking" the board.

Once cooled down I put the board back in, plugged all cables back in and was ready for the test...

I turned it on and low and behold, it flippin' worked... The oven trick had successfully "reconnected" the issues that the board was experiencing.

Just wanted to pass this along in case any one else is having an issue since it seems to be such a common 5 yr issue. Hopefully I don't have to bake it for some time again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Infinia 47lw5600 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Infinia 55lw5600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread