Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 8257 Old 03-21-2011, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eneyman View Post

Hey Shawn, so are you saying you played in a regular non game mode but turned off local dimming and automotion processing? did this give you better results than game mode?

Game mode automatically turns off TruMotion, but it did leave the autodimming option on. Once I turned that and "Real Cinema" off, I got better results.

One slight annoyance, and I'm not sure if this is standard on all 3D sets, is that every time you launch a 3D enabled content this obnoxious prompt comes up telling you to put your 3D glasses on. It stays up until you click OK on the TV's remote control. I'm trying to find the setting to turn that off, but I don't think you can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 8257 Old 03-21-2011, 06:31 PM

Finally got the set connected to the net, and it's downloading a software update.

Going from version 03.01.15 to version 03.10.06
post #123 of 8257 Old 03-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

interesting, let us know what it updates shawn. So would you say that with game mode and all the post processing set to OFF you get smooth/fast response? Is the picture quality still okay in game mode?
post #124 of 8257 Old 03-21-2011, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
interesting, let us know what it updates shawn. So would you say that with game mode and all the post processing set to OFF you get smooth/fast response? Is the picture quality still okay in game mode?
The update brings the web browser.. not sure what else.
post #125 of 8257 Old 03-21-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox1541 View Post
I do notice a lot of ghosting in 3D in the darker scenes.. is there a setting to tone it down?
I realized the ghosting is due to not being level with the center of the screen.
I have my set on the stand and sitting on the couch I'm level to the base of the stand. If I stand up, the ghosting completely disappears. Unfortunately the TV only swivels and can't tilt down.
post #126 of 8257 Old 03-22-2011, 02:19 AM

Can anyone confirm if this TV truly does 24 fps for Blu Ray movies ?

The lx9500 was billed as such but didn't ( as the CNET review correctly pointed out) and I have my doubts it was ever fixed. I also doubt any of their 2010 LEDs did , as the le8500 and le7500 I saw couldn't do it either.

Crucially, is it displaying Blu Ray movies without 3:2 pulldown Judder ? ie. are camera pans smooth enough without having to use Truemotion ?

A good scene is the start of the Dark Knight , where the camera is on a helicopter and moves toward a mirrored glass skyscraper. Does it glide toward it or does it look a bit choppy ?

Btw make sure the Real Cinema setting on the TV is ON, first.
post #127 of 8257 Old 03-22-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:

Still not 100% satisfied on it, but with some time, I hope to be fully adjusted. I think I'll keep the set, I'm enjoying it a lot.
post #128 of 8257 Old 03-23-2011, 05:01 AM

Does it support DTS sound in USB?

I ask this because old 47LD950 didn't have, so most of mkv were mute.

And another question, does it have PVR function?

Thanks!
post #129 of 8257 Old 03-23-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexalvarez View Post

does it have PVR function?

no
post #130 of 8257 Old 03-24-2011, 01:08 AM

I found the tv(55LW5600) I think I'll be happy with now that I returned my samsung c7000 due to buzzing.

I went to check it out today and it has a beautiful picture and the screen is matte, seems rare nowadays for some reason. Hopefully the 3d is better then on the samsung.
post #131 of 8257 Old 03-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmo View Post

I went to two BestBuys today and neither one of them could play me true 3d content. All they could do is turn on the 2D->3D conversion. The kiosk plays a bunch of stuff, but no true 3D content. The 2D->3D conversion is decent but as mentioned in Chad's review, pretty tame where there is nothing jumping out of the screen at you like some true 3D content.

The one best buy didn't have the 3D demo disc and the other one couldn't figure out how to get the output from the 3D Bluray player to the TV. I am hoping that once I get to see some TRUE 3D content, I will see images sink into the screen as well as pop out of the screen.

Henbone11, are you sure you were viewing true 3D content from the 3D bluray player? If you were just viewing the LG demo kiosk stuff, at best you were seeing 2D->3D conversion.

Jury is still out for me. 2D was quite good from what I could see though.

"Shmo" and all,

The issue we have right now in BBY and other retailers is that our national reset is happening in stages. The LG content running on the 55LV5500, 55LW5600, and 47LW5600 are from installed USB drives. The features of this content are limited - no sound and no 3D. In my territory, I have been working to get the 3D BD players connected, at least to the 55LW5600, so the associates can demo true 3D content.

All I can say is be patient. A second round of resets are occurring, nationally, this week, and beyond, that will get our "tech stations" 100%.

Also, and off the topic of this response, the software update to SmartTV activates the web browser, the MediaLink by Plex app, and adds NBA, CinemaNow, and Napster to the list of content providers. In June, we will be adding NHL, Hulu Plus, Alphaline, and MOG music.

Hope this information helps.

PS: my frequency on AVS is low but happened to have an office day today, and wanted to add input, so don't take it the wrong way if you don't hear from me often.

"What's better? A great 2D movie or the worst 3D movie?" - Stephen Colbert
post #132 of 8257 Old 03-24-2011, 10:24 AM

TDI Driver,
Any chance we will be getting Pandora or regular Hulu?
post #133 of 8257 Old 03-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
TDI Driver,
Any chance we will be getting Pandora or regular Hulu?
At present, there has not been an announcement regarding those. While I don't want to speculate, Pandora was included in 2010 Netcast, so I would expect it to become part of our new Netcast/SmartTV line-up. As for standard Hulu, I can honestly not speculate one way or the other.

"What's better? A great 2D movie or the worst 3D movie?" - Stephen Colbert
post #134 of 8257 Old 03-24-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Driver View Post
At present, there has not been an announcement regarding those. While I don't want to speculate, Pandora was included in 2010 Netcast, so I would expect it to become part of our new Netcast/SmartTV line-up. As for standard Hulu, I can honestly not speculate one way or the other.
thanks for the response.. I have one last one for you.

The YouTube channel has a 3D channel that plays videos in different ways to view the 3D.. It requires that you choose the format to play it.. red/blue, red/green, etc.. and one option is to show the video on a 3D TV..

3D TV or Monitor
--Interleaved rows, columns or checkerboard
--Side by Side

It there a way to choose this from the YouTube app or at least sign in?
It may be possible to choose the default viewing type associated with your user id.
post #135 of 8257 Old 03-24-2011, 09:05 PM

What is the issue with watching this set in a dark room? Flashlighting? Clouding? I'm really interested in this set arter seeing it in person but watch alot of tv in the dark. Any input is appreciated.
post #136 of 8257 Old 03-24-2011, 11:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
im very interested in this set, but waiting til fall for a larger size might not be doable for me as my current television is on its last leg. too bad, I was really impressed with the 2D PQ.
post #137 of 8257 Old 03-25-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11 View Post

im very interested in this set, but waiting til fall for a larger size might not be doable for me as my current television is on its last leg. too bad, I was really impressed with the 2D PQ.

What other sizes and when are they coming out? We have a 62" dlp now and didn't want to give up too many inches 55 is nice put not huge by any means
post #138 of 8257 Old 03-25-2011, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have a 65" dlp myself. I thought there was a 65" or 70" of this set coming out around august. I could be mistaken though. I have read so much crap over the last week about different televisions, I could be mixing information up.
post #139 of 8257 Old 03-25-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11 View Post

I have a 65" dlp myself. I thought there was a 65" or 70" of this set coming out around august. I could be mistaken though. I have read so much crap over the last week about different televisions, I could be mixing information up.

I think i'm gonna pull the trigger on this one. Ive been looking forever too and this set has everything i want with a decent price. The passive 3d was impressive aswell, love that everyone can use the regular glasses and be part of the fun. Viewing angles for the 3d content were excellent and not having to use the expensive, heavy and inconvenient shutter glasses is a huge plus. 2d-3d conversion, this one fits the bill minus about 5 inches.
post #140 of 8257 Old 03-26-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_lobos View Post

I think i'm gonna pull the trigger on this one. Ive been looking forever too and this set has everything i want with a decent price. The passive 3d was impressive aswell, love that everyone can use the regular glasses and be part of the fun. Viewing angles for the 3d content were excellent and not having to use the expensive, heavy and inconvenient shutter glasses is a huge plus. 2d-3d conversion, this one fits the bill minus about 5 inches.

Just watch out for the vertical viewing angle.. the lower you get, the more cross-talk you will get.. when watching it at the same height as the set, the 3D looks great. If the set will be little above you, you may want to use a wall mount so you can tilt it down.
post #141 of 8257 Old 03-26-2011, 10:52 AM

Just picked up a 55LW5600 played around with it a little bit. I own a 58VT25 and have tried a UN55c7000 and a PN55d550 and this set has by far the best 3D. After using this set I really think passive is the way to go for 3D. For games the 3d of Killzone, CoD, Motorstorm, and Crysis 2 all look way better. 3d blurays look great when sitting far enough back you do not really notice any reduction in resolution, But If you get to close you get a Screen Door Effect with the glasses on.

I have some problems with this set though. Main problem with this set is Lag, When playing CoD in 3d at first the lag was so bad I would have trouble running though doors as I would walk into the wall. Turning off 3d and some other settings their is still noticeable lag, it is hard to quick aim at people that just came onto your screen. This is not my first lcd as I had a Samsung led before the VT25 and never noticed any lag like I do now. My set also has a lot of clouding on dark backgrounds like the screen when you first turn it on it is "spotty" all over the place and looks bad. Are these issues normal for this set or could I have a bad set?

Overall I love this set but the lag might just be to bad for me to keep it as gaming is probably 75% of what this TV will be used for.
post #142 of 8257 Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 AM

I'm seriously considering purchasing the 55LW5600 based on all I've read in this forum (THANKS FOR THE REVIEW Chad!!).
Two questions that I didn't see addressed:
1) does this TV have a picture-in-picture or side-by-side capability to view two inputs at once? Sometimes nice to have during same-time sporting events. I didn't see it in the manual (or at least the language I searched for)
2) I'm a gamer- and play World of Warcraft frequently and for long periods of time. There are some static areas of the game gui like the hotkeys that continuously display in the same area. Am I going to need to worry about screen burn and, if so, is there anything I must do to minimize the risk short of exiting/changing the game gui frequently? This being an LCD and not plasma probably means it's less likely -but I wanted a real consumer opinion.
post #143 of 8257 Old 03-27-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Feel free to ask anything else.
Fox,

Have you had any issues with the set "forgetting" your LG app log in name after power down? Even though I set it to remember me, I am forced to re-enter my log in name and password each time I try and get to the apps. Curious if this is an issue with my set or just immature software.
post #144 of 8257 Old 03-27-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
Fox,

Have you had any issues with the set "forgetting" your LG app log in name after power down? Even though I set it to remember me, I am forced to re-enter my log in name and password each time I try and get to the apps. Curious if this is an issue with my set or just immature software.
The main page shows "Sign Out" and the only app I use is Netflix and it hasn't forgotten my username. Did you perform the initial update that added web browsing?
post #145 of 8257 Old 03-27-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
The main page shows "Sign Out" and the only app I use is Netflix and it hasn't forgotten my username. Did you perform the initial update that added web browsing?
Yes, updated the software and when I first hooked it up and have checked to see if their is an update. Called LG and they had me do a hard reset (unplug and hold power button) and it didn't fix the problem. I have also had issues with trying to enter my network password (which is very long!) and it wouldn't take it...the only way it would connect was via WPS button.

Are you using the USB wireless adapter or are you hard wired? I'm using the supplied adapter on an "n" network.
post #146 of 8257 Old 03-27-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon737 View Post
Yes, updated the software and when I first hooked it up and have checked to see if their is an update. Called LG and they had me do a hard reset (unplug and hold power button) and it didn't fix the problem. I have also had issues with trying to enter my network password (which is very long!) and it wouldn't take it...the only way it would connect was via WPS button.

Are you using the USB wireless adapter or are you hard wired? I'm using the supplied adapter on an "n" network.
I'm also using the supplied adapter.
My wireless access point uses WPA2 and the password is 17 characters long
post #147 of 8257 Old 03-27-2011, 12:43 PM

I've owned the 55LW5600 for a couple of weeks now and have been trying to tweak the settings to get a better response time for gaming. I mainly play COD: Black Ops on my XBOX 360. There is a noticible difference between standard mode and game mode. With standard mode, I was walking into walls. Game mode is definitely better. Unfortunately, I have to echo what the others are saying with it still not being quite right. It's sluggish to get the crosshairs moved onto the person, by the time you're seeing it on the person, it's actually gone past them as far as the XBOX thinks. By the time you see that on the screen, you try to correct and you end you "spraying" all over the place, instead of being precise.

The picture looks great and we enjoy it for watching HD TV or playing other XBOX games (Kinect with our 4 yr old son)...but it you play FPS games online where every millisecond counts, then this TV may end up frustrating you. I have resorted to bringing out my smaller Vizio (1080p still) from our bedroom to hook up to the XBOX for when I play Black Ops. There is still just enough lag on the LG to make it not enjoyable when gaming online. I don't consider myself a hard core gamer, but I do expect to only have lag from the internet, not my TV.

I tried turning off anything else that game mode didn't and it still has some lag. I contacted LG support, which was almost more frustrating than the lag. The support rep told me that it was something wrong with my XBOX, even though there is no lag on my Vizio LED TV (same resolution using HDMI). He told me to turn my refresh rate down on the XBOX. I double checked and I didn't see a setting for that. He then told me to reboot my TV to see if that fixed the problem...That was the end of that conversation. I have downloaded and applied the update, but it did not make any noticible difference for gaming.
post #148 of 8257 Old 03-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Advanced Member

damn that's already 2 owners saying gaming lag is not very good on this set.. I am very disappointed by this.

I went to check out the 5600 again at 2 new Best Buys, neither had them set up for 3D, neither had them set up for bluray. Both playing the same useless white kiosk screen. I also do not like the plastic border around the set because I examined it closely and it's so damn cheap, it is like the plastic bubble packaging you buy electronic accessories in and the edges "shred" or shave off easily. Cheap materials for the frame so I am turned off by this.
post #149 of 8257 Old 03-27-2011, 06:40 PM

I probably wouldn't buy this tv at this time if I were a gamer but I just watch tv and movies.

The frame and stand do look cheap compared to the samsung c7000 I use to have but what really makes this tv the top choice for me is the matte screen, the passive 3d, and the price isn't too bad either. I do have an older samsung with the same type of frame and stand and I don't even notice them anymore.
post #150 of 8257 Old 03-28-2011, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Do the new lg sets pass dd5.1 and dts from hdmi out the digital output like my old lg led
My receiver has no hdmi support.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Infinia 47lw5600 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Infinia 55lw5600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Led Hdtv , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page