Official Samsung UNXXD8000 Owners' Thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #301 of 8445 Old 03-09-2011, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gagit811's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahtanoj View Post

I put my 65" DLP next to the D8000 and now it has an STD too!

Get my d8000 delivered tomorrow, I've got some TV moving to do. Move my c8000 to my bedroom, Move my old 42" to my sons room, move his old TV to the garage, then setup my new d8000, probably not in that order but I've got some work to do.
gagit811 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 8445 Old 03-09-2011, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Suzook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
ok crappy photo but this gives you an idea of how thin the bezel is (if you were asleep and didnt see the other pics

Suzook is offline  
post #303 of 8445 Old 03-09-2011, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
nahtanoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 View Post

Get my d8000 delivered tomorrow, I've got some TV moving to do. Move my c8000 to my bedroom, Move my old 42" to my sons room, move his old TV to the garage, then setup my new d8000, probably not in that order but I've got some work to do.

Congrats. I hope you like it as much as I do!

Jonathan
nahtanoj is offline  
post #304 of 8445 Old 03-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Member
 
Dreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

ok crappy photo but this gives you an idea of how thin the bezel is (if you were asleep and didnt see the other pics


Sooooo nice!!!

Still looking for the perfect TV...
Dreams is offline  
post #305 of 8445 Old 03-09-2011, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Suzook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 5,483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
make me wonder why they are able to get the 55 inch version out less than 2 months after CES but the 65 inch.............well we shall see when that finally appears....
Suzook is offline  
post #306 of 8445 Old 03-09-2011, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gagit811's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahtanoj View Post

Congrats. I hope you like it as much as I do!

In the dog house with wife, as I just got a new TV I've been talking about for weeks and she okayed me getting it. I maynot get to truly enjoy it until she gets over it. Funny cause she's not mad about money as I've been saving, its because I also got a new Jeep last Friday. I had no plans on buying a new car but my car and semi truck had a runnin and the semi won a few weeks ago. She's jealous of my new car, should be happy I'm alive but who knows with women.
gagit811 is offline  
post #307 of 8445 Old 03-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Member
 
slowcarboost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just checked it out at Fry's. The bezel, or lack thereof, really looks amazing. It's all screen. That's what I've been wanting for years. If I had a bigger car and a friend with me to help take it home, I would have it in my living room right now. I'll pick it up in a few days to try out for 30 days. It's too much money right now to keep but I wanna test it out and see how the AMP runs this year. If everything checks out, I'll buy it again once the price drops a bit.
slowcarboost is offline  
post #308 of 8445 Old 03-09-2011, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
nahtanoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 View Post

In the dog house with wife, as I just got a new TV I've been talking about for weeks and she okayed me getting it. I maynot get to truly enjoy it until she gets over it. Funny cause she's not mad about money as I've been saving, its because I also got a new Jeep last Friday. I had no plans on buying a new car but my car and semi truck had a runnin and the semi won a few weeks ago. She's jealous of my new car, should be happy I'm alive but who knows with women.

It probably has nothing to do with the TV or Jeep. Tell her that you're grateful for her support and She deserves time to herself, maybe a day at the spa. Or tell her that she deserves a day off and offer to go to the grocery store to do the food shopping. My wife was tired of my talking about the TVs researching that was just happy it's over. But she also loves the PQ too, andnthebfactnthat it's 1/10 the sizenof the DLP. Maybe offer to get a movie she wants to see that you don't, watch it on the TV with her and think about black levels and then lack of clouding.

Jonathan
nahtanoj is offline  
post #309 of 8445 Old 03-09-2011, 10:17 PM
 
CMPMERIDIAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 View Post


In the dog house with wife, as I just got a new TV I've been talking about for weeks and she okayed me getting it. I maynot get to truly enjoy it until she gets over it. Funny cause she's not mad about money as I've been saving, its because I also got a new Jeep last Friday. I had no plans on buying a new car but my car and semi truck had a runnin and the semi won a few weeks ago. She's jealous of my new car, should be happy I'm alive but who knows with women.

Me to, my wife will not be talking to me on Friday night. I am going to take a 55D8000 home, I need it like a hole in the head but want it bad. I checked out a 7000 next to a 8000 and could not tell a difference. I am going 8000 for the glasses and remote, I doubt Sony or LG will beat this set at the 3K price point.
CMPMERIDIAN is offline  
post #310 of 8445 Old 03-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Member
 
felsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

ok crappy photo but this gives you an idea of how thin the bezel is (if you were asleep and didnt see the other pics

this is the D7000, isn't it?
Do you have more pics? cause there is still no D7000-owner
felsi is offline  
post #311 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 03:54 AM
Senior Member
 
insimbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered a C8000 because the D8000 was out of my price range. What about the D7000? If you could have the D7000 or the older C8000, which would be better?
insimbi is offline  
post #312 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
bluewhale1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post

I just ordered a C8000 because the D8000 was out of my price range. What about the D7000? If you could have the D7000 or the older C8000, which would be better?

IMO i would go with the D7000 (newer model). I have never owned the C8000 but so far the newer 2011 models seem really good.
bluewhale1 is offline  
post #313 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 04:10 AM
Senior Member
 
insimbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What about the bezel difference between the 8000 and 7000? They both have the ultra thin bezel, but is there a color difference?
insimbi is offline  
post #314 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 04:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
bluewhale1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 708
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post

What about the bezel difference between the 8000 and 7000? They both have the ultra thin bezel, but is there a color difference?

If you mean between the D8000 and the D7000, from the picture on Samsungs website they look the same as far as I can tell.

If you mean between the C8000 and D7000 the bezel on the C8000 looks larger from the pictures on Samsungs website.
bluewhale1 is offline  
post #315 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Member
 
Top_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:


IMO i would go with the D7000 (newer model). I have never owned the C8000 but so far the newer 2011 models seem really good.

+ 1

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/re...g-UE55D8000/p1

Indeed... Really GOOD

Regards
Top_Cat is offline  
post #316 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 04:29 AM
Member
 
felsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post

I just ordered a C8000 because the D8000 was out of my price range. What about the D7000? If you could have the D7000 or the older C8000, which would be better?

definitely the D7000
read this review: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/aud...-934300/review

D-series is much better than C.
felsi is offline  
post #317 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 04:46 AM
Member
 
AW312's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has any1 infos on the actual power consumption of the new D8000 series?
AW312 is offline  
post #318 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Newbie
 
GunterO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, can somebody post the exact dimensions of the 46D7000 or 46D8000 please?
Just of the screen, without stand is perfect. I might be able to replace my 42" by this 46" in the same closet

Edit: Whoeps, found them http://www.abcwarehouse.com/manufact...24328_spec.pdf
0.5" to wide...
GunterO is offline  
post #319 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 05:05 AM
Senior Member
 
insimbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by felsi View Post

definitely the D7000
read this review: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/aud...-934300/review

D-series is much better than C.

Even though I ordered the 8000 series in the C, the D7000 would be better?
insimbi is offline  
post #320 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 05:05 AM
Member
 
biggestmexi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post

What about the bezel difference between the 8000 and 7000? They both have the ultra thin bezel, but is there a color difference?

I saw the bezel of a Series 7 and it is like molded plastic that starts at black at the sceen then fades to a clear acrylic (plastic). The series seven is reported as 0.5" thick.

The Series 8 is supposed to be 0.2" thick and on Amazon they have a close up picture and look like the series 7 does
biggestmexi is offline  
post #321 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcarboost View Post

I just checked it out at Fry's. The bezel, or lack thereof, really looks amazing. It's all screen. That's what I've been wanting for years. If I had a bigger car and a friend with me to help take it home, I would have it in my living room right now. I'll pick it up in a few days to try out for 30 days. It's too much money right now to keep but I wanna test it out and see how the AMP runs this year. If everything checks out, I'll buy it again once the price drops a bit.

I can't believe you would honestly admit to doing crap like that. Doesn't anyone have any integrity anymore???
BoilerJim is offline  
post #322 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Senior Member
 
insimbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestmexi View Post

I saw the bezel of a Series 7 and it is like molded plastic that starts at black at the sceen then fades to a clear acrylic (plastic). The series seven is reported as 0.5" thick.

The Series 8 is supposed to be 0.2" thick and on Amazon they have a close up picture and look like the series 7 does

I've read they are both 0.2" thick. The only difference is the 7000 has a black frame with a hint of red in the clear plastic, and the 8000 has a brushed metal frame and clear plastic.
insimbi is offline  
post #323 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 05:39 AM
Senior Member
 
amjustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post


I've read they are both 0.2" thick. The only difference is the 7000 has a black frame with a hint of red in the clear plastic, and the 8000 has a brushed metal frame and clear plastic.

And for the 100th time D7000 has micro dimming via software only and D8000 has Micro Dimming Plus which is Hardware and Software driven
amjustice is offline  
post #324 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 05:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Superman07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 379
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post

I've read they are both 0.2" thick. The only difference is the 7000 has a black frame with a hint of red in the clear plastic, and the 8000 has a brushed metal frame and clear plastic.

Only the 8000 has a .2" frame. The 7000 is larger by .3" by way of the extra clear frame component.
Superman07 is online now  
post #325 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 05:50 AM
Senior Member
 
insimbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman07 View Post

Only the 8000 has a .2" frame. The 7000 is larger by .3" by way of the extra clear frame component.

Thanks. Does the 7000 have the glowing Samsung logo as well?
insimbi is offline  
post #326 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 05:54 AM
Member
 
felsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post

Even though I ordered the 8000 series in the C, the D7000 would be better?

Yes
felsi is offline  
post #327 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Member
 
wkward83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well today is the day my 46d8000 will be here!!!
wkward83 is offline  
post #328 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 06:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,130
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 583
^^^Awsome !
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post

I've read they are both 0.2" thick. The only difference is the 7000 has a black frame with a hint of red in the clear plastic, and the 8000 has a brushed metal frame and clear plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjustice View Post

And for the 100th time D7000 has micro dimming via software only and D8000 has Micro Dimming Plus which is Hardware and Software driven

Don't forget the D8000 gets 2 sets of glasses in the box or a voucher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post

Even though I ordered the 8000 series in the C, the D7000 would be better?

Do you have the option of returning? If so I think I would and go for the D7000. If not don't beat yourself up, the C8000 is a great set too.

"c" vs "d" in my book: The new sets looks so awsome, there is not much else to say in that area! Better internet functions. I not so sure they made huge improvments in PQ, that has yet to be seen or desided.

Forum Sponsor // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-866-651-0049 // \\
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #329 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 06:54 AM
Senior Member
 
insimbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 290
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjustice View Post


And for the 100th time D7000 has micro dimming via software only and D8000 has Micro Dimming Plus which is Hardware and Software driven

How does the C8000 compare on dimming?
insimbi is offline  
post #330 of 8445 Old 03-10-2011, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
irkuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: cyberspace
Posts: 3,500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahtanoj View Post

I've watched several dark and mixed contrast movies in a dark room and found no clouding.

Relying on your reputation one can tell loud and wide: THERE IS NO CLOUDING, LIGHT SPILL AND GREY PROBLEM IN D8000 FOR ANY PRACTICAL PURPOSE. Please stop fabricating insinuations about this fine set .

irkuck
irkuck is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55d8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver 2011 Model , Samsung Un65d8000 65 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un46d8000 46 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d8000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Led Hdtv , Samsung Pn51d490 51 Inch 3d 600hz Plasma Hdtv 3d Kit , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un65d8000 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off