Just picked up my UN55D8000 from a Seattle area best buy(all the stores here get them this week, regional warehouse has them for pickup as well). Quick rundown:
1. YES best buy is giving away the 3d Kit with purchase, and inside the box still has voucher for 2 more glasses. So 4 glasses included essentially. And from what i was told, all they are getting is Qwerty supplied sets, no vouchers thankfully for that.
2. Black levels are blowing me away. My local store had last years C9000 sitting next to the new D8000 and the difference was night and day. They also had a D7000(46incher) sitting next to both and you could tell that there is in fact a pretty major difference in PQ between the new 7000 and 8000 series sets. Enough to warrant the higher price? for me 100% yes.
3. Got it set up a few hours ago and ran through some simple tests and my set has almost zero light bleeding from the edges. And by that i mean barely noticeable when actively looking for it. This thing is just as good as good if not better than the 8500 from a few years back in this regard in my opinion.
4. The screens glare is not all that bad, i have a 100watt ceiling fixture 9 feet in front of the screen and dead center of it and have zero glare unless the screen is turned completely off. I could definitely see it being a problem during the day though if you have your HT is in a room with lots and lots of windows.
5. Put some sci fi on it to see how it did with space scenes and saw pretty much no halos at all around bright objects in the dark deeps of space.
In short, really can't speak highly enough about this set. It's near plasma quality for black levels, has no issues that plagued past edge light LED's that i can see at least. And yeah, overall just a great set, at a nice price for being on the market less than a week.
That said, i am having trouble getting my Qwerty remote to pair with the TV. keep trying the "Sym+Tab" holding, and all it gives me is a "Failure" message after each attempt. Tried reseting the TV(Mute-0-Mute-0) and trying again but no luck there either.. Any other owners of experience this yet? and if so any recommendations?
Oh yeah, will post some pics in this thread tomorrow, and am willing to run any specific tests(within reason) and respond to any questions anyone on the forums may have.