Official Samsung UNXXD8000 Owners' Thread - Page 171 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5101 of 8441 Old 09-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Member
 
slowcarboost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by colincornaby View Post
Right, 16x9 corrects for overscan, and what I'm seeing are not single closed captioning lines, but rather larger swathes of white light along all edges.

Either way, on 16x9 or overscan off, it still shows.
I had 5 D8000's (exchanges). They all have that light bleed glow coming out of the bezel to some extent. It's annoying and one of several reasons that I ended up getting a refund and getting the Sony HX929.
slowcarboost is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5102 of 8441 Old 09-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Member
 
colincornaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcarboost View Post
I had 5 D8000's (exchanges). They all have that light bleed glow coming out of the bezel to some extent. It's annoying and one of several reasons that I ended up getting a refund and getting the Sony HX929.
Yeah, that's what I'm looking towards right now. I'd hate to jump ship off Samsung, and it's a nice looking set, but as of right now the overall quality is worse than my old LCD.
colincornaby is offline  
post #5103 of 8441 Old 09-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Member
 
doncaruana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsis View Post

Can you take a set or two of those 3300s to a local BB/Frys/Sears and try them with another D series 3D TV (any should do as they are all bluetooth) and see what happens? If that doesn't help track down the problem, you could just exchange the unit. I would try to get an August build only because they seem to have gotten many of the set gremlins out by then; however, there are many out their happy with their earlier builds...

HTH

Well, went into Best Buy and it would not lose sync with the 46" they had but flipped out on the 55". But only for me. My head is shaved and my wife and the Best Buy guy didn't have a single problem and suggested it was something to do with my head! Maybe their right... Although I can't shake the feeling that it still might be something with the TV (based on the 46" not having issues).
doncaruana is offline  
post #5104 of 8441 Old 09-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Member
 
doncaruana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by colincornaby View Post

I have a July build and I'm H302.

A little google searching tells me that the panel version doesn't have anything to do with the date - there are people who reported H302 from February. Sorry for the false thread.
doncaruana is offline  
post #5105 of 8441 Old 09-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Member
 
GASKA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey robsis. The lines (banding) are there on every setting on my PS3. It's worse than my first TV. Best Buy is bringing my 3rd replacement next Tuesday so I'll let you know what happens. If this one is bad as well I'm going to go 929. I just wish the price would go down to around $2,500ish. Thanks for everything.
GASKA is offline  
post #5106 of 8441 Old 09-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Member
 
doncaruana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncaruana View Post

Well, went into Best Buy and it would not lose sync with the 46" they had but flipped out on the 55". But only for me. My head is shaved and my wife and the Best Buy guy didn't have a single problem and suggested it was something to do with my head! Maybe their right... Although I can't shake the feeling that it still might be something with the TV (based on the 46" not having issues).

Okay...took a paper towel and wrapped around the sensor on the 3D glasses and put them on my bald head. No sync issues. Who knew?

Thanks robsis for the suggestion!


Side point - does anyone have one of these units mounted on the wall a little higher up, like say over a fireplace?
doncaruana is offline  
post #5107 of 8441 Old 09-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Senior Member
 
robsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GASKA View Post

Hey robsis. The lines (banding) are there on every setting on my PS3. It's worse than my first TV. Best Buy is bringing my 3rd replacement next Tuesday so I'll let you know what happens. If this one is bad as well I'm going to go 929. I just wish the price would go down to around $2,500ish. Thanks for everything.

Here's hoping your third will be the charm! I, too, looked at the 929s and was put off by the price, too. It certainly is a nice unit tho, and, it seems to have fewer issues than the D8000 Sammies.

Ptree:

Sometimes, it's only afterwards, I find that I'm not there.
robsis is offline  
post #5108 of 8441 Old 09-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Senior Member
 
robsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by doncaruana View Post

Okay...took a paper towel and wrapped around the sensor on the 3D glasses and put them on my bald head. No sync issues. Who knew?

Thanks robsis for the suggestion!

Glad it helped you figure it out! Who woulda thunk that your bald head would have interfered with the bluetooth! Good thing you took the wife along to use as your control group!

Ptree:

Sometimes, it's only afterwards, I find that I'm not there.
robsis is offline  
post #5109 of 8441 Old 09-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Newbie
 
RScottR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just turned on my brand new UN60D8000 this morning. It looked great for about the first hour. Still looks great, actually. The problem is that a horizontal line suddenly appeared on the screen. It is about 1/16 of an inch thick and goes from the left side almost all the way to the right side of the screen and fades to nothing. Bummer. I called Samsung and they are going to send someone out. It is an H301 with a July 31, 2011 build date. My 8 year old Samsung DLP still looks great and I am still on the original bulb with over 14,000 hours of use. I will let you know how Samsung handles this problem.
RScottR is offline  
post #5110 of 8441 Old 09-08-2011, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
westa6969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: From Michigan now Retired to Naples, FL
Posts: 6,873
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by RScottR View Post

I just turned on my brand new UN60D8000 this morning. It looked great for about the first hour. Still looks great, actually. The problem is that a horizontal line suddenly appeared on the screen. It is about 1/16 of an inch thick and goes from the left side almost all the way to the right side of the screen and fades to nothing..

Is this line along an edge? Often if a panel is displaying in 1:1 mode like dot-to-dot (Sharp) and the Broadcaster isn't truly broadcasting full HD you can get a razor thin horizontal line and that is not the fault of the TV. For as long as HD has been around there are numerous times when the broadcasters cheat and you end up with that line. Check your picture mode - I don't recall what Samsung calls their 1:1. Broadcasters especially late at night even on an HD Channel will transmit SD rerun content that can cause a thin horizontal line. The panel is native fixed pixel 1080P and the content is not matching and can replicate that along the edge as sort of an underscan which is why most HD Channels will frame 480 material streamed so you don't see it. Just one possibility --- does the line replicate on all stations and even a bluray?

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
westa6969 is online now  
post #5111 of 8441 Old 09-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Member
 
almalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 176
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a general question regarding Edge LED TVS with microdimming as D8000 but from other manufacturers.

Is it true that all of Edge LED TVs suffer from clouding and flahslighting to some extent? So, if I see a clouding as a problem in D8000 that prevent me from buing it, then there is no sense to look for other Edge LED TVs because all of them have this problem and I should look into Full LED or Plasma?
almalino is offline  
post #5112 of 8441 Old 09-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Newbie
 
RScottR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by westa6969 View Post

Is this line along an edge? Often if a panel is displaying in 1:1 mode like dot-to-dot (Sharp) and the Broadcaster isn't truly broadcasting full HD you can get a razor thin horizontal line and that is not the fault of the TV. For as long as HD has been around there are numerous times when the broadcasters cheat and you end up with that line. Check your picture mode - I don't recall what Samsung calls their 1:1. Broadcasters especially late at night even on an HD Channel will transmit SD rerun content that can cause a thin horizontal line. The panel is native fixed pixel 1080P and the content is not matching and can replicate that along the edge as sort of an underscan which is why most HD Channels will frame 480 material streamed so you don't see it. Just one possibility --- does the line replicate on all stations and even a bluray?

No, the line is about 1/3 of the way down from the top of the screen and is there in all modes, even when playing games on the PS3. It first appeared when I was watching one of the 3D programs from the Smart Hub. I did the picture self test, turned the TV on and off, changed the HDMI port and tried using a different HDMI cable. No help. Could it be a burned out LED edge light on the left side? Do the LEDs light up only a band of screen that narrow? (1/16 inch or so)
RScottR is offline  
post #5113 of 8441 Old 09-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Member
 
caslca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RScottR View Post

No, the line is about 1/3 of the way down from the top of the screen and is there in all modes, even when playing games on the PS3. It first appeared when I was watching one of the 3D programs from the Smart Hub. I did the picture self test, turned the TV on and off, changed the HDMI port and tried using a different HDMI cable. No help. Could it be a burned out LED edge light on the left side? Do the LEDs light up only a band of screen that narrow? (1/16 inch or so)

Have you tried resetting the set? hold down exit button on remote for ~10sec and follow the instructions.
caslca is offline  
post #5114 of 8441 Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
gagit811's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,096
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian9 View Post

Please let me know when you find out I love this tv and this is the only problem i have had with it...

Update, The had to replace the main board. It was a relativity easy fix, they just took off the back panel and swapped broads less then 10min of work. So far the tv is saving my network settings just like its suppose to. I haven't had a chance to fully give my tv the run through, I have to recalibrate my settings for 4 inputs and test out 3d. But everything looks Aok. Your tv is still in warranty its worth it to give Samsung a call and get your tv fixed if you haven't already.
gagit811 is offline  
post #5115 of 8441 Old 09-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Senior Member
 
robsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 View Post

Update, The had to replace the main board. It was a relativity easy fix, they just took off the back panel and swapped broads less then 10min of work. So far the tv is saving my network settings just like its suppose to. I haven't had a chance to fully give my tv the run through, I have to recalibrate my settings for 4 inputs and test out 3d. But everything looks Aok. Your tv is still in warranty its worth it to give Samsung a call and get your tv fixed if you haven't already.

gagit,

Nice to hear it was an easy fix!

Ptree:

Sometimes, it's only afterwards, I find that I'm not there.
robsis is offline  
post #5116 of 8441 Old 09-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Member
 
colincornaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone,

Feel like I've been in this thread too much already, but I'm making the final decision on whether to go with a different TV.

To review, after about a week mine started to show light bleeding from all edges under normal lighting conditions when there were mid tones on the screen. Looks fine for dark content, looks fine for light content. Given that most content is in the mid range, it's annoying, and it's certainly not an issue my old tv has.

I understand that the 8000 is edge lit, but I was expecting it to be a possible issue on dark scenes, not normally lit scenes. Thus I'm looking at jumping to the back lit Sony, or a plasma.

I like Samsung, and I like the styling of the 8000, and I've heard good reports about the August models, so my question before I decide what to do comes down to: Can anyone with the August models tell me how much light bleed (if any) they're seeing from the edges?

If this is something all edge lit tvs do, it seems edge lit probably isn't for me.
colincornaby is offline  
post #5117 of 8441 Old 09-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Member
 
caslca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by colincornaby View Post

Hey everyone,

Feel like I've been in this thread too much already, but I'm making the final decision on whether to go with a different TV.

To review, after about a week mine started to show light bleeding from all edges under normal lighting conditions when there were mid tones on the screen. Looks fine for dark content, looks fine for light content. Given that most content is in the mid range, it's annoying, and it's certainly not an issue my old tv has.

I understand that the 8000 is edge lit, but I was expecting it to be a possible issue on dark scenes, not normally lit scenes. Thus I'm looking at jumping to the back lit Sony, or a plasma.

I like Samsung, and I like the styling of the 8000, and I've heard good reports about the August models, so my question before I decide what to do comes down to: Can anyone with the August models tell me how much light bleed (if any) they're seeing from the edges?

If this is something all edge lit tvs do, it seems edge lit probably isn't for me.

Hi,
Mine I got 1 week ago (60"). It's an August build. It has no light bleed whatsoever. It has clouding though, which I managed to only very slightly relieve by loosening the screws on the back. The clouding is *very* minor to begin with, shows in all pitch dark scenes and it is in all 4 corners, and a bit on the top. It is not enough to make me think about returning.

I had a 60" SHARP edge lit (832U) and it didn't have any edge bleed either. It had horrible clouding though, in both dark and bright scenes
caslca is offline  
post #5118 of 8441 Old 09-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Member
 
colincornaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by caslca View Post

Hi,
Mine I got 1 week ago (60"). It's an August build. It has no light bleed whatsoever. It has clouding though, which I managed to only very slightly relieve by loosening the screws on the back. The clouding is *very* minor to begin with, shows in all pitch dark scenes and it is in all 4 corners, and a bit on the top. It is not enough to make me think about returning.

I had a 60" SHARP edge lit (832U) and it didn't have any edge bleed either. It had horrible clouding though, in both dark and bright scenes

I'm on a 55", so I don't know if the same thing applies, but good to hear. I don't expect a perfect set, but I'd like something that does well under normal circumstances.
colincornaby is offline  
post #5119 of 8441 Old 09-09-2011, 04:30 AM
Member
 
almalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 176
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by almalino View Post

I have a general question regarding Edge LED TVS with microdimming as D8000 but from other manufacturers.

Is it true that all of Edge LED TVs suffer from clouding and flahslighting to some extent? So, if I see a clouding as a problem in D8000 that prevent me from buing it, then there is no sense to look for other Edge LED TVs because all of them have this problem and I should look into Full LED or Plasma?

Ok, I just went to the shop where 55D7000 and Sony 55EX720 where standing next to each other.

There were some music videos on them with plenty of black scenes. And both of the sets had flashlighting from sides on dark scenes. Samsung had a bit more then Sony. Sure, it took me some time to distinguish flashlighting in brightly lit shop. But after some time I was able to see it quite clearly. I guess at home in the dark room those light leaks will be clearly visible.

From the otherhands , there was also a normal LCD TV (not led) with blacks that looked like greys. Terrible in comparison with LED Tvs.

So, I guess , it is a common problem for Edge LED lit TVs to have some light leak from the sides in dark scenes. Some people can live with it, some people can't.
almalino is offline  
post #5120 of 8441 Old 09-09-2011, 05:21 AM
Newbie
 
amac406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I am experiencing a lot of "posterization" on my 55D8000. I have only seen a couple of posts about this issue, with no real solution. Can this problem be controlled by a setting? I have tinkered with the settings but can't figure out which setting in particular to modify. Or could this be a defect? I saw a poster with this issue mention a bad processor. Or does this TV typically have posterizing but most people aren't bothered by it?
amac406 is offline  
post #5121 of 8441 Old 09-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Senior Member
 
leobag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Those that say they received a newer set with no light bleeding, no flashlighting, no clouding, etc, does that mean on any setting? Or only after calibration?

I received a 55" August build and I see these issues when configure the set to my liking. I tried the PN647000 plasma because of the reviews/value but I really missed LCD/LED's brighter picture and pop. I'm not that familiar with the difference between bleeding/flashlighting/etc--but I see a duller/softer lightening of the screens toward the left and right sides of the screen as well as a sharper/harder lightening of the screen right along the bezel when the picture fills the 16:9 screen.
leobag is offline  
post #5122 of 8441 Old 09-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Member
 
almalino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 176
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by leobag View Post

Those that say they received a newer set with no light bleeding, no flashlighting, no clouding, etc, does that mean on any setting? Or only after calibration?

I received a 55" August build and I see these issues when configure the set to my liking. I tried the PN647000 plasma because of the reviews/value but I really missed LCD/LED's brighter picture and pop. I'm not that familiar with the difference between bleeding/flashlighting/etc--but I see a duller/softer lightening of the screens toward the left and right sides of the screen as well as a sharper/harder lightening of the screen right along the bezel when the picture fills the 16:9 screen.

I'm starting to beleive that edge led tvs nowdays all have these propblems. Full led TVs is a solution. But those are expensive.
almalino is offline  
post #5123 of 8441 Old 09-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Member
 
danielle_lyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amac406 View Post

Hi, I am experiencing a lot of "posterization" on my 55D8000. I have only seen a couple of posts about this issue, with no real solution. Can this problem be controlled by a setting? I have tinkered with the settings but can't figure out which setting in particular to modify. Or could this be a defect? I saw a poster with this issue mention a bad processor. Or does this TV typically have posterizing but most people aren't bothered by it?

I also have the "posterization" issue, and no settings have made it disappear. I have been waiting to have a service on mine to see if people are having better luck with replacements. I also saw the one person mention that it was a bad processor, but have not heard anything since then as if the new processor fixed it.
danielle_lyn is offline  
post #5124 of 8441 Old 09-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Senior Member
 
robsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by amac406 View Post

Hi, I am experiencing a lot of "posterization" on my 55D8000. I have only seen a couple of posts about this issue, with no real solution. Can this problem be controlled by a setting? I have tinkered with the settings but can't figure out which setting in particular to modify. Or could this be a defect? I saw a poster with this issue mention a bad processor. Or does this TV typically have posterizing but most people aren't bothered by it?

None on any of the three units that I have had. It would bother me and I would have noticed. I would venture that it is a processor issue, too; however, haven't seen much on any of the threads that I follow that address this much.

Ptree:

Sometimes, it's only afterwards, I find that I'm not there.
robsis is offline  
post #5125 of 8441 Old 09-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Member
 
Joe Fission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I'm back after having no internet access for about 2 weeks.... most boring 2 weeks EVER!

But, in that time I got my replacement 65D8000 and this time it is much better than the last one. No bright spots and no dead pixels. And still no other uniformity issues to report either. This one is a June 2011 build.

So far, I'm impressed even though I still haven't had a chance to hook it up to the rest of the home theater. I will be getting to that and to mounting it on the wall shortly.
Joe Fission is offline  
post #5126 of 8441 Old 09-09-2011, 08:13 PM
Member
 
colincornaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alright, got an exchange scheduled for my tv. The edge bleeding is starting to turn into edge blotching in the lower left under normal lighting and normal coloring. Either I'm getting more critical, or it's getting worse. I didn't notice the edge bleeding when I first got the TV, and I give it a pretty good run through, so no idea.

Going to give the D8000 55" one more chance. I'd have jumped to the Sony already if I was willing to pay the extra today, but I was happy with everything else about the D8000. If the new one doesn't work out though, I'm already budgeted for the Sony 55HX929. Edge lit and me may just not be meant for each other.
colincornaby is offline  
post #5127 of 8441 Old 09-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Member
 
caslca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by colincornaby View Post

Alright, got an exchange scheduled for my tv. The edge bleeding is starting to turn into edge blotching in the lower left under normal lighting and normal coloring. Either I'm getting more critical, or it's getting worse. I didn't notice the edge bleeding when I first got the TV, and I give it a pretty good run through, so no idea.

Going to give the D8000 55" one more chance. I'd have jumped to the Sony already if I was willing to pay the extra today, but I was happy with everything else about the D8000. If the new one doesn't work out though, I'm already budgeted for the Sony 55HX929. Edge lit and me may just not be meant for each other.

How long have you had the tv for? I have some very minor clouding and I wonder if it'll get worse. I have only 20d left on my return window
caslca is offline  
post #5128 of 8441 Old 09-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Member
 
colincornaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by caslca View Post

How long have you had the tv for? I have some very minor clouding and I wonder if it'll get worse. I have only 20d left on my return window

I've had it for a little less than 3 weeks.

One reason I'm worried is because originally before returning I ran it through Samsung support and they took some pictures. Samsung called me back and said that the lighting issues were within spec, then they inexplicably called me back the next day asking for more pictures. I told them that I was just going to exchange the unit with Best Buy. The guy at Best Buy agreed the TV was likely not behaving properly.

I'm hopeful as there are some reports here of D8000s that don't show light bleed (except under more extreme conditions), but if Samsung doesn't consider it an issue, it might just be that I'm going to have to switch away from edge lit. Which would be a shame, I was very happy with my last Samsung, and I've been recommending Samsung to everyone I know who's looking at LEDs.
colincornaby is offline  
post #5129 of 8441 Old 09-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Member
 
JerryMX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Today i found one firmware update ver. 1021, but in the samsung site dont say anything about this new firmware. Any one that have set with version H301 and H302 can tell if see any difference.
JerryMX is offline  
post #5130 of 8441 Old 09-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Member
 
JerryMX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 95
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RScottR View Post

No, the line is about 1/3 of the way down from the top of the screen and is there in all modes, even when playing games on the PS3. It first appeared when I was watching one of the 3D programs from the Smart Hub. I did the picture self test, turned the TV on and off, changed the HDMI port and tried using a different HDMI cable. No help. Could it be a burned out LED edge light on the left side? Do the LEDs light up only a band of screen that narrow? (1/16 inch or so)

My 3rd set have one line that can i see on the bottom of the set, is like one led from side to side have more light than any other. If your line is something like this, check the LED Motion Plus, in my case if i have turn off, the line is on top part of the set, if is on normal i dont see the line, if is on cinema, the line is on bottom and if is on ticker, the line is on center, on the other set i can not see this line. I think this is a problem with LED Motion Plus. I going for my 4 exchange this set have clouds on the right side, i note this side have more problems than left side on 3 sets, and light on 4 corners.
JerryMX is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55d8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver 2011 Model , Samsung Un65d8000 65 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un46d8000 46 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d8000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Led Hdtv , Samsung Pn51d490 51 Inch 3d 600hz Plasma Hdtv 3d Kit , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un65d8000 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off