Forum Jump: 

post #7561 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by balla01 View Post

Sorry to say, but this is probably not the best way to compare sets. Go see them side by side.

I have. multiple times. hence i ask. The colors seem more natural on a LG or Sony. Doesnt anyone feel the samsung has way more color on its sets making peoples faces on their tv screens less natural when compared to a sony or lg?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7562 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop Parwani View Post

I have. multiple times. hence i ask. The colors seem more natural on a LG or Sony. Doesnt anyone feel the samsung has way more color on its sets making peoples faces on their tv screens less natural when compared to a sony or lg?

I think if I had to choose, I would choose the one that has "too much" color and you can tame it down to your liking.
post #7563 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop Parwani View Post

Hi,

Im looking to buy a samsung TV not sure which series yet, but ive noticed that the colors on a samsung are not natural. Its got way too much more color then the other sets like sony and LG. How does everyone like it this way?

Have a look at the pic ive linked to, the baby looks pink on the samsung (top left), where it looks more natural on the LG and Sony.

its just so hard to know which picture is the correct one for real life, or if they were doctored by the people selling.

colors on the samsung when dialed in are praised. in fact they come pretty close out of the box, and its not hard to improve it a lot.
post #7564 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post

d8k, have you used the Standard setting? Personally I have might setup as that as Movie mode is too dark and have modified the settings to look nearly identical to Movie with the same colors.

thats interesting

have heard of it but I have not done it.

share your settings if you life. interesting.
___

The below settings in movie mode are the ones I was using previously and they were very good.

movie

b light 14

contr 96

bright 54

sharp 15

color 56

___

shadow detail -2

gamma 0

white balance, 19 18 18 31 29 24 (white balance is tricky, sometimes if you go either way on a couple of someone elses settings you can get them even better, its hard to get the bloody gamma flat. its like shooting in the dark)

warm 2

film mode auto 1

COLOR SPACE
Color Space
Red
Green
Blue
Red
Green
Blue
Yellow
Cyan
Magenta
post #7565 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:

The Sony demo. I did not see that video you were referencing I'm those links you posted. Do you have a direct link to it??

The direct link dont work, use the first two links I post and click on download link on that page. Is the Eye candy demo if you like to search on the third link I post.
post #7566 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by d8000 user View Post

thats interesting

have heard of it but I have not done it.

share your settings if you life. interesting.

Sure thing. I have the initial settings here, http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post21572181, and have made minor changes. I have been happy with them and was giving the tv a little more usage before I worked on them again. Here they are:

Picture mode: Standard
Backlight: 16
Contrast: 86
Brightness:43
Sharpness: 20
Color: 52 (yours was missing)
Tint: 50/50

Advanced Settings
Black tone: Off
Dynamic Contrast: LOW
Gamma: 1
Expert Pattern: Off
RGB: Off
Color Space: Native
10P White: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
Edge Enhancement: On
Motion Lighting: Off
LED Motion Plus: Normal

Picture Options
Color Tone: Warm1
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Normal (can't change)
Auto Motion Plus: Clear
Film Mode: Auto2
Smart LED: Standard
Cinema Black: Off

My comments from MK's settings, http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post21563872. Probably due to the low light where the tv is having dark's too dark doesn't work for us.

I might pop in the 709 disc soon and check these out again. My wife falls asleep in the living room a lot and doesn't like the clicking sound from the remote. And during the day here is FL it is sunny which will throw the settings off, unless it is overcast.

I don't know how to tweak the White Balance settings. But for Color I pulled out my handy Avia blue and green filters as well as checked in the RBG only mode. How would I tweak red?

HEY, you viewing dumbasses!

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

(insert name of show here)
NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

My Samsung 55" D8000 LED-3D tv settings.
post #7567 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:

has anyone else tried my settings? I am interested in knowing if more people have had luck.

I am going to boot them onto my parents set on sunday, and they have the most critical eyes. On par with you guys, who everyone rightfully deserves the best.

I am looking at this screen and these settings are simply the best I've ever seen with my own eyes.

I am interested in finding any glitches with the settings. Though I suspect no settings are perfect, I have watched a wide variety of source material from sd to hd, sports and movies and tv shows. These settings simply handle them all so well.

I only lament that more people had better screens. I think samsung really owes it to such people for replacements.

Sometimes I write too much, but I had been remarking before (and someone told me this once) and that is to calibrate the tv NOT acording to the white settings. That you should not rely on that kind of thing to get to your final result. Because it won't be as good - and its oftent too tricky and compromising - as if you calibrate for a decent white balance (not perfect), and THEN, USE the tv's features to get to the picture you want. I think thats how this tv operates best. And clearly, the scenes I see on this tv now live up to the hype. It was always "very good" but never THIS good.

I tried your settings last night. Overall, I do like them and have not gone back to my older settings. The only thing I noticed was that with your settings, the image seemed more grainy, less sharp. I wonder if that has to do with your Sharpness setting at 15. It does offer an older movie look that is nice for some content (caught a few seconds of Godfather II on TNT, and it looked great). I pumped up the Sharpness but it wasn't a drastic difference.
post #7568 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by by96 View Post

I tried your settings last night. Overall, I do like them and have not gone back to my older settings. The only thing I noticed was that with your settings, the image seemed more grainy, less sharp. I wonder if that has to do with your Sharpness setting at 15. It does offer an older movie look that is nice for some content (caught a few seconds of Godfather II on TNT, and it looked great). I pumped up the Sharpness but it wasn't a drastic difference.

+2, i like this settings very much, i am using them right now but i also noticed the grainy images, other than that i am very happy with these settings.

i was using MKANET settings which i love very much, the image is sharp and zero grain the only thing that i did not like was, the "grey" sheet across movie mode as d8000user said .

anyway i am very happy with either one...thank you both.
post #7569 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 02:07 PM

Does anyone know on D8000's setting what picture mode he has it on? Movie, standard etc..
post #7570 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Does anyone know on D8000's setting what picture mode he has it on? Movie, standard etc..

Did you even read his post? It's stated in there.

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

post #7571 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:

Did you even read his post? It's stated in there.

You could of just stated which one it was and saved some words. Yes I read it, but I did not see which picture mode he was using. I saw all of the details of the setting, but did not catch that particular part. Care to elaborate?
post #7572 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:

movie mode.
post #7573 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec View Post

movie mode.

Thank you very much sir.
post #7574 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Does the UN55D8000 pass multichannel audio back via ARC? Want to hook up a SACD player but out of HDMI on my AVR.

Bit by the upgrade bug, limited by the WAF
post #7575 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 03:40 PM

Why do I not see a setting to change the shadow detail? I tried searching this thread to see if anyone had an answer. Is shadow detail only on UK models?
post #7576 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryMX View Post

Check this picture from my set, this is what Tempest261 is talking, this is banding

If any one need some video to check your set, i play via my PS3 and if you are not using RGB full, the blacks look grey and show the problems of the set, download this sony test video from here:

Part1:
http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/re...andy.part1.rar
Part2:
http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/re...andy.part2.rar

This is a great place to download demo videos, I recommend the pioneer videos KURO Best I and KURO Best II:

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/hi...n-trailers.php

Yes, this is bad banding, but from looking at the video on my 25 inch monitor that has pretty good black levels, I can tell that the video's black level is way too high when I shrink the video down to where I can see my monitors black level compared to the Sony's test video. The Best of Pioneer video is the best one to check your black levels. I know this is off topic of your banding, but was just pointing this out. My banding playing that video was not as bad as yours but it was still present. Watching the Pioneer Test video made was the true test and it past for me beautifully. Will take soome pics to show.
post #7577 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You could of just stated which one it was and saved some words. Yes I read it, but I did not see which picture mode he was using. I saw all of the details of the setting, but did not catch that particular part. Care to elaborate?

5 posts above yours at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post21724813

7 lines down in that particular post where he starts providing his settings. It's the very first setting mentioned.

Does that help you?

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

post #7578 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:

5 posts above yours at http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post21724813

7 lines down in that particular post where he starts providing his settings. It's the very first setting mentioned.

Does that help you?

It was already answered by another member, thanks. You may have some insight on another question I have. Is there a shadow detail setting on this set? I do not see one. I see gamma, but not shadow detail.
post #7579 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSteel View Post

Yes, this is bad banding, but from looking at the video on my 25 inch monitor that has pretty good black levels, I can tell that the video's black level is way too high when I shrink the video down to where I can see my monitors black level compared to the Sony's test video. The Best of Pioneer video is the best one to check your black levels. I know this is off topic of your banding, but was just pointing this out. My banding playing that video was not as bad as yours but it was still present. Watching the Pioneer Test video made was the true test and it past for me beautifully. Will take soome pics to show.

This is a picture of 1 of my 5 sets that exchange, the set i keep is not so bad only can see the banding on the 10% and 20% grey of AVS HD 709 disc, I only try to explain what Tempest261 is talking, and with the Kuro videos I love my set. Is not perfect but is better than my LNT4671F.
post #7580 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:

Why do I not see a setting to change the shadow detail? I tried searching this thread to see if anyone had an answer. Is shadow detail only on UK models?

it probably is, i am in the usa i just can not find it either, i am using hdmi cable, and tried changing my cable box to 1080. but nothing.
post #7581 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:

it probably is, i am in the usa i just can not find it either, i am using hdmi cable, and tried changing my cable box to 1080. but nothing.

Thanks Aztec, I thought I was going crazy for a second. Are we both just missing something or does the US sets have a shadow detail setting?
post #7582 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 PM

good question, the other thing i can never change is Film Mode.
it does not matter what i do, its always greyed out
post #7583 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:

good question, the other thing i can never change is Film Mode.
it does not matter what i do, its always greyed out

I know for sure that you can get access to the film mode setting just by simply changing your cable box to broadcast 1080i. Once you do that it should allow access to film mode.
post #7584 of 8440 Old 03-02-2012, 08:39 PM

Downloaded the Sony video to do the test that JerryMX did, here are the results:

What do you guys think? Once again, I think it did pretty good. This was on standard, with the backlight set to 11.
post #7585 of 8440 Old 03-03-2012, 04:15 AM

Quote:

yes its movie,

the australian version has shadow detail. its handy for fine tuning the gama in shadow scenes. It seems to have minimal impact a lot of the time, but it actually comes in handy.
post #7586 of 8440 Old 03-03-2012, 04:34 AM

I figure I can't do any better until I personally get a calibration kit.

However, I think the settings for my tv, through trial and error and good judement and comparison are getting the tv to at least 90% of the best picture.

These following settings I had to post. Because they gave my screen its best uniformity ever. And I do not know if its because its calibrated very good, or just by luck. I still maintain great shadow detail and depth and acuracy of color. I think I may keep them and bump up d-contrast to make the colors pop.

I am yet to fully test it for my own set and make some adjustments. I dearly love my old settings, but these ones include 10pt white balance. However, I am not noticing any extra qualities in handling dark scenes or extra detail levels in shadow.

But take a look at the grey scale images. Othrs using these settings experience almost NO CLOUDING as well.

The settings I used I found here http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-l...-thread-6.html

They are in case you do not want to leave the forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaz2810i

Mode: Movie
Backlight: 9
Contrast: 96
Brightness: 48
Sharpness: 15
Colour: 48
Tint; 50/50
Black Tone; Dark
Dynamic Contrast; Off
Shadow Detail; 0
Gamma: -1

White Balance;
R-Offset: 19
G-Offset: 18
B-Offset: 20
R-Gain: 31
G-Gain: 30
B-Gain: 24

Colour Space Red: R59 G0 B0
Colour Space Green: R10 G59 B10
Colour Space Blue: R0 G6 B61
Colour Space Yellow: R53 G50 B0
Colour Space Cyan: R4 G49 B50
Colour Space Magenta: R37 G4 B41

10 point WB
Interval 1: R2 G2 B2
Interval 2: R-1 G-1 B-1
Interval 3: R1 G1 B0
Interval 4: R0 G-2 B-2
Interval 5: R6 G4 B3
Interval 6: R7 G6 B4
Interval 7: R5 G6 B4
Interval 8: R3 G3 B2
Interval 9: R1 G1 B0
Interval 10: R-2 G0 B-1

Edge Enhancement; Off
Motion Lighting: On
XVYCC; Off
LED Motion Plus: On

Colour Tone; Warm 2
DNF: Off
MPEG NF: Off
HDMI Black Level: Greyed Out - but Low if not
Motion Plus: Clear

I did not use his color space. I figure we don't really have control over color differences and the original settings are pretty close. Plus, I had to make my gamma +2 to get full shadow detail back for me set. You may have to adjust it up or down. Because on his set, he adjusts it down, but he may not mind crushed blacks.

BUT>> I guess when I watch Dark Knight I am going to probably turn the gamma to one. I must admit, the detail you lose by doing this seems small in comparison with the deeper blacks it lets you acheive. Detail is not quite everything, and I guess this is not a professional calibration.

Of course, one can always turn on dynamic contrast to medium to get the colors popping out, but it ceases to be a "true" movie mode. In my old settings it was not a problem.

I am going to watch dark night soon to see if what Tempest said is correct, that my d-contrast settings on a movie like dark night or the matrix would wreck the original feel.

I wanna see. But for now the above settings are just brilliant, the best non color enhanced (true) movie mode I have seen. It is NOT washed out on my set.

___

If it ever is washed out, any settings, the first thing to do is to lower R-Offset by a few. You may sometimes even raise it by a few. Its a dirty and quick fix but its worked EVERY time for me. It seems to be the one everyone sets different. Basically Gaz's settings (above) are too dark for my screen. So I had to bump up the gamma. I did not want to mess with the gains and offsets because if I did that then the 10 point white balance would be thrown out - so I could only use the gamma control to adjust it. +3 made it back to what I prefer; whereas Gaz seems to like his blacks deeper and crushing, and thats him.
________

I also did another calibration recently specifically by myself, starting from scratch based off my eyes and using reference shots and notes, to compare with other calibrations.

Basically, I was very happy with the below calibration for me, it had deep uncompromised blacks and great shadow detail, rich colors, and it was clear.

Quote:

Originally developed by d8000 user.

lotr reference shot 1. 2:47:02 cave scene where saruman rallies his orc troops. looked at shadows on either side, right side draped in bluer shadow(no light source) and left side draped

in "fire" shadow.

lotr reference shot 2. 1:00:34 aragorn first look at Bree, sitting on chair in dark with orange fire light on right side, shadows on left.

lotr reference shot 3. 0:36:19 frodo coming home to dark house

lotr reference shot 4. 0:12:33 grass scene with green grass and blue sky, midday

lotr reference shot 5. 1:11:31 weathertop at night against dark clouds, some light in sky, midnight/subdued moonlight.

Picture preset: Movie
Backlight 8
Contrast 95
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 0
Tint: G50/G50
Eco Off
Black Tone Off
Dynamic Contrast Off
Shadow detail 0
Gamma +1
Color Space Auto
Flesh Tone 0
xvYCC Off
Edge enhancement Off
Motion lighting Off
LED Motion Plus On
Color Tone Warm1
Size Screen Fit
Digital Noise Filter Off
Mpeg noise filter Off
Film mode Off
HDMI Black level Low
Motion Plus Off

R-Offset 27(=21) (i made it 23 after reference shot 1; then I made it 19 but this made REF shot 4 too cool for midday) (REF shot 5 at 21 took away discolor; recheck of shot 4 showed

the coolness of 19 gone; so 21 looks balanced. However, 27 made REF 4 the picture appear too warm, it also makes fire scenes look over-red in shadows.)

G-Offset 24 (I don't want to touch this one, I go 1-2 lower and it crushes blacks, and if I go 1-2 higher it adds too much green to shadow details).
B-Offset 22
R-Gain 32
G-Gain 22
B-Gain 17

*gaz's settings would be best suited to dark rooms (i use a +3 gamma, wish I did not have to tho) and the colors seem bright and vivid. I like these settings best, and the clarity seems improved since my panel has no clouding now and no uniformity issues for the most part.

My from scratch settings would suit any room.

* when I toggle 10pt white balance on and off, in a bright scene where Gandalf is sending frodo on his way to mordor (the scene contains blue on left in shadow, green in middle and green on right with browns and blacks all over, and sunshine on the bottom corner providing shade in bottom corner, several shades of green, and the sunlight itself)........but when I toggle in this somewhat bright scene, 10pt makes little difference.

* at 36:19 (ref shot 3) 10pt white balance seems to only make the screen brighter while maintaining shadow detail. It kinda moves away from deep blacks with 10pt on. This would suggest to me the settings for 10 pt for my set at least could use A LOT MORE TWEAKING, AND AT THIS stage I would think it would be best if people left them off or tweaked a little. His ordinary white balance for my set left my picture too dark, and I think he spent much of his 10 pt time trying to bring the brightness back to get detail. He has not sacrificed color or anything, its just not as black. Maybe I can take gamma down a notch....and of course when one does that with settings that are not originally you own, he needs to go back and see if the brightness and contrast are still good or need to be adjusted to make way for the slight new settings.

I guess everyone would need to make these decisions with settings.
LL
LL
post #7587 of 8440 Old 03-03-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:

Sure thing. I have the initial settings here, http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post21572181, and have made minor changes. I have been happy with them and was giving the tv a little more usage before I worked on them again. Here they are:

Picture mode: Standard
Backlight: 16
Contrast: 86
Brightness:43
Sharpness: 20
Color: 52 (yours was missing)
Tint: 50/50

Advanced Settings
Black tone: Off
Dynamic Contrast: LOW
Gamma: 1
Expert Pattern: Off
RGB: Off
Color Space: Native
10P White: Off
Edge Enhancement: On
Motion Lighting: Off
LED Motion Plus: Normal

Picture Options
Color Tone: Warm1
Digital Noise Filter: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Normal (can't change)
Auto Motion Plus: Clear
Film Mode: Auto2
Smart LED: Standard
Cinema Black: Off

My comments from MK's settings, http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...2#post21563872. Probably due to the low light where the tv is having dark's too dark doesn't work for us.

I might pop in the 709 disc soon and check these out again. My wife falls asleep in the living room a lot and doesn't like the clicking sound from the remote. And during the day here is FL it is sunny which will throw the settings off, unless it is overcast.

I don't know how to tweak the White Balance settings. But for Color I pulled out my handy Avia blue and green filters as well as checked in the RBG only mode. How would I tweak red?

I looked at your settings and I like them. I am using them for my standard now. It looks very crisp. I like it

For my red customized setting I put red as 48, 0, 0 in the settings of custom color space. The reason is because by default it looks as if red is over saturated or too bright or something, and pulling it back from its normal 50 is a good way to go. Works well for most people.

I believe I have calibrated my colors as such. You put your tv into rgb mode blue, and you load up the pattern with the primary colors on it with the flashing boxes, and you adjust your color level until the box's look like they all mostly match with one another.

Dont quote me on that but I remember doing that test for color. And when I loaded up the color gradiation chart, the colors were all clearly defined (where before by default the two highest blues were indistinguishable, and the two highest reds were like that as well)

But you can experiement I guess.

Thanks to MX6 who gave me his standard settings, I am also using standard now, and I have just imported my white balance to it. It looks crisp, with the added advantage (and conneseurs will hate me for it ) but it seems to be brighter and just as good as movie mode. It has better brightness to it. Not saying its better overall - each has its use/feel. Its very good. I like it

The only prob is I cannot use xcycc format of color. But the difference between movie mode and standard otherwise is basically very little at least on my set.

I am not sure I even want to turn on xvcycc because its making the ghosts in lotr slightly bluish in hue. I thought they were meant to be completely white.

Quote:

xvYCC - a Marketing Gimmick? Mostly.
With xvYCC, the range is again extended to 0-255 as is expected, since digital TVs have no under- or over-shoot as did analogue television signals. This will effectively override (in theory) any RGB or YCbCr settings on your source, AV receiver, or display. The idea is that the xvYCC color gamut is only effective when all components in a chain support it. While several AV receivers and displays support xvYCC color space, currently only the PlayStation3 provides xvYCC as a source. Here's where it gets dicey: The Blu-ray specification for movies (BD-ROM) does not support Deep Color or the new xvYCC color space. Oops.

I'll say it again: Blu-ray and HD DVD movie formats are limited to 8-bit 4:2:0 YCbCr. To our knowledge, there is no move to add xvYCC expanded color capability to the BD-ROM specification. In addition, issues of backwards compatibility would be extremely difficult to overcome, rendering any new 10-bit or higher formats unplayable on legacy BD players. The only solution would be to take advantage of larger BD storage media and issue discs with dual data streams for video (double sided or dual layer if you will).

post #7588 of 8440 Old 03-03-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:

Thanks to MX6 who gave me his standard settings, I am also using standard now, and I have just imported my white balance to it. It looks crisp, with the added advantage (and conneseurs will hate me for it ) but it seems to be brighter and just as good as movie mode. It has better brightness to it. Not saying its better overall - each has its use/feel. Its very good. I like it

d8000 do you mind posting mx6 settings with your modifications, i tried mx6 settings in the past but it was to bright for me.
thanks in advance
post #7589 of 8440 Old 03-03-2012, 09:54 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 15
D8000, I tried your settings. Both your and Tempest261' settings made me realize that my general calibration settings aren't ideal for flashlighting during certain circumstances.

D8000, it's very obvious you focused a lot on trying to make the deepest possible blacks possible. I think you succeeded. I also think your course white balance settings and custom color space settings don't have too much emphasis on warm/cold or any single color; which is a good thing. The only minor problem I had was a little bit of dark detail not as easily seen; which suggests gamma in a little low. This is actually GREAT when trying to give an overall "inky" black look. I think your calibration settings are very good if you dont mind lessening the emphasis on dark detail.

I am probably going to surprise some people by saying this, but I found calibration settings modestly posted by PuntNL on AVForums.com that I REALLY like. They seem to provide more precise color reproduction and handles flashlighting better than my settings. I have a feeling he had the same LCD panel I do; despite that he as a European D7000 TV. So, for anyone that liked my settings before, they may like these settings even more.

If you guys like these settings, you can thank PuntNL from AVForums.com. With all the calibration settings posted all over the net; and all his previous calibration revisions, his single forum post buried in a forum thread would be easy to overlook. He even provided gaming mode settings (which I haven't tested).

http://www.avforums.com/forums/14681284-post229.html

His calibrations were done on a European model D7000 LCD; however, it looks damn good on my D8000.

Having said all that, keep in mind that there are different panels out there; so if the colors don't look right to you, you may want to try Tempest261's settings or the ones on CNET or D8000's settings.

EDIT: I just made a dedicate URL for these settings so they are easy to find (with some minor settings changes to suit my taste):
http://un55d8000.webs.com/index-rev2.htm

Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV: Unrestricted full-quality 12 tuner HD Premium Cable recording, including "On Demand" in HD + OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
post #7590 of 8440 Old 03-03-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCray39 View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN55D8000-55-Inch-1080p-Silver/dp/B004N866SU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1330795962&sr=1-1

I don't really know much about TVs, but a buddy of mine recommended this one. I'm wondering if this is a good deal? Thanks!

$1969 isn't bad. Although they do not throw in anything with the bundle. Check websites like slickdeals, that's where I found my deal.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55d8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver 2011 Model , Samsung Un65d8000 65 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un46d8000 46 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d8000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Led Hdtv , Samsung Pn51d490 51 Inch 3d 600hz Plasma Hdtv 3d Kit , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un65d8000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page