Official Samsung UNXXD8000 Owners' Thread - Page 270 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #8071 of 8440 Old 04-18-2012, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am confused? I understand that picture settings follow the source. I have my bluray player plugged into HDMI 3 but when it is on, if I hit the input button it shows BD way lower down on the list ,and says something like HDMI- CEC. ARE MY SETTING STILL ACTIVE UNDER HDMI 3 or not? Sorry but confused?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8072 of 8440 Old 04-18-2012, 06:02 PM

Having a problem getting my Yamaha YSP-2200 soundbar functioning correctly on my UN55D8000.

I have a HDMI cable from my TV (HDMI #2 ARC) to my Yamaha-YSP-200 (OUT (ARC)) and then an HDMI cable that plugs from my soundbar (Input #1) to my Blu-Ray player.

I have sound and video when playing a Blu-Ray but when I play something via Smarthub (I do not have cable) I have video but no sound.

According to my YSP-2200 manual, to utilize ARC I have to turn the HDMI control function to 'on' but it still doesn't work. Is there a function similar on TV to enable ARC?
post #8073 of 8440 Old 04-19-2012, 08:42 AM

Does anyone have experiance with the logitech Link on this TV?
post #8074 of 8440 Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0th1ng View Post

Change your filenames from *.mkv to *.avi and they should play fine.

Thanks, i'll keep that in mind but the TV seems to play MKV files as is just fine. Only a little laggy but I think thats due to being on WIFI instead of direct ethernet.
post #8075 of 8440 Old 04-19-2012, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiluven View Post

Having a problem getting my Yamaha YSP-2200 soundbar functioning correctly on my UN55D8000.

I have a HDMI cable from my TV (HDMI #2 ARC) to my Yamaha-YSP-200 (OUT (ARC)) and then an HDMI cable that plugs from my soundbar (Input #1) to my Blu-Ray player.

I have sound and video when playing a Blu-Ray but when I play something via Smarthub (I do not have cable) I have video but no sound.

According to my YSP-2200 manual, to utilize ARC I have to turn the HDMI control function to 'on' but it still doesn't work. Is there a function similar on TV to enable ARC?

You have to connect an optical audio cable from the TV to the soundbar, on top of the HDMI cable. The ARC function only works in passing sound through stuff plugged into the TV's HDMI ports, not native sounds from the TV itself (like from SmartHub apps). Yes it's lame, and yes it kind of defeats the purpose of the intended benefit if you ever plan on using SmartHub. I whined about this earlier in the thread.
post #8076 of 8440 Old 04-19-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGwhat View Post

You have to connect an optical audio cable from the TV to the soundbar, on top of the HDMI cable. The ARC function only works in passing sound through stuff plugged into the TV's HDMI ports, not native sounds from the TV itself (like from SmartHub apps). Yes it's lame, and yes it kind of defeats the purpose of the intended benefit if you ever plan on using SmartHub. I whined about this earlier in the thread.

Well this answer the question I have regarding the best method to get sound while in smart hub to my surround sound reciever.
post #8077 of 8440 Old 04-19-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskal311 View Post

Does anyone have experiance with the logitech Link on this TV?

I have a Logitech Harmony 900 that works perfect with the TV. But I don't know what you mean by logitech link.

Mike
post #8078 of 8440 Old 04-19-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGwhat View Post

lol that's silly. 80% of the TV's use will be using Smarthub (streaming from my pc, netflix, etc).

Oh well - I knew an optical cable was an option but didn't know it was the only option. Defeats the purpose of ARC as you said....
post #8079 of 8440 Old 04-20-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:

lol that's silly. 80% of the TV's use will be using Smarthub (streaming from my pc, netflix, etc).

Oh well - I knew an optical cable was an option but didn't know it was the only option. Defeats the purpose of ARC as you said....

not following this, as i have my AVR plugged into the ARC hdmi port 2 on my tv, and i get dolby digital sound from smart hub for videos that support it, or any other format it plays.
post #8080 of 8440 Old 04-20-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:

For ARC to work, both devices need to be HDMI 1.4. If your AVR is not HDMI 1.4 then that is most likely the reason ARC will not work on your system.

Mike
post #8081 of 8440 Old 04-20-2012, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfaulk View Post

I have a Logitech Harmony 900 that works perfect with the TV. But I don't know what you mean by logitech link.

Mike

The logitech Harmony Link lets you control the TV via smart phone or tablets. I just ordered one so I'll report back on the performance in a week.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/remote...s/harmony-link
post #8082 of 8440 Old 04-20-2012, 06:58 AM

Hi All.... I have so many questions. Can someone tell me if this TV supports bluetooth audio out? I'm thinking about pickup up a blue tooth head set. My google search didn't give me the answer I need.
post #8083 of 8440 Old 04-20-2012, 10:29 AM

hello guys !

I just bought a samsung UN55D8000 and i have some questions:

I plugget in, an external sata HDD(320gb- FAT32 format) and I tried to watch photos and videos on the TV.

the problem is that there are pictures inside a folder which my TV can't see(the tv thinks that the folder is empty, which is not true). all the pictures are taken with the same camera, all are .JPG and there are folders with pictures which appear to be empty even if there are pictures inside. my tv is not able to see that the folder is full with pictures in order to play that pictures.

other folders don't have that problem.

also it is not able to play HD videoclips taken with my videocamera. It can play only SD videos. is the same problem like is with the photos: if there is a folder full with only HD videos, my tv see that there is nothing inside that folder. but, if there are HD videos and also SD videos inside that folde, the tv can see only the sd videos.

do you have any idea what the hell is going on ?

btw: I tried in a show room the new 55ES8000 and it doesn't have this problem
post #8084 of 8440 Old 04-20-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondragon View Post

hello guys !

I just bought a samsung UN55D8000 and i have some questions:

I plugget in, an external sata HDD(320gb- FAT32 format) and I tried to watch photos and videos on the TV.

the problem is that there are pictures inside a folder which my TV can't see(the tv thinks that the folder is empty, which is not true). all the pictures are taken with the same camera, all are .JPG and there are folders with pictures which appear to be empty even if there are pictures inside. my tv is not able to see that the folder is full with pictures in order to play that pictures.

other folders don't have that problem.

also it is not able to play HD videoclips taken with my videocamera. It can play only SD videos. is the same problem like is with the photos: if there is a folder full with only HD videos, my tv see that there is nothing inside that folder. but, if there are HD videos and also SD videos inside that folde, the tv can see only the sd videos.

do you have any idea what the hell is going on ?

btw: I tried in a show room the new 55ES8000 and it doesn't have this problem

Just guessing here, but are the folders in question categorized as a picture, video, or media folder?
post #8085 of 8440 Old 04-20-2012, 01:23 PM

yes.

when I want to see a photo, I'm selecting the photo screen(or tab or how it is called on my samsung tv) and after that I'm opening the photos folders for playing photos.
post #8086 of 8440 Old 04-21-2012, 10:37 AM

Anyone know what causes the fluctuating pixels seen in the attached picture? The dark content of the screen is really blocky and the blocks keep changing shades of black. This happens on most dark content even if the rest of the scene is bright. For example, an umpires uniform in a baseball game will do this, but the rest of the picture is fine.

Is this something that can be changed with any settings? My source is Directv directly connected via hdmi to input 1 of the tv. My 5 year old plasma with the same setup did not do this.

post #8087 of 8440 Old 04-21-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:

yes.

when I want to see a photo, I'm selecting the photo screen(or tab or how it is called on my samsung tv) and after that I'm opening the photos folders for playing photos.

If I understand correctly, some folders work and some do not. To rule out a Windows problem on your computer, Right click on the folder icon and compare the folder properties on each folder and look for any differences particularly under the customize tab "What kind of folder do you want?"
post #8088 of 8440 Old 04-21-2012, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by kappat View Post

Anyone know what causes the fluctuating pixels seen in the attached picture? The dark content of the screen is really blocky and the blocks keep changing shades of black. This happens on most dark content even if the rest of the scene is bright. For example, an umpires uniform in a baseball game will do this, but the rest of the picture is fine.

Is this something that can be changed with any settings? My source is Directv directly connected via hdmi to input 1 of the tv. My 5 year old plasma with the same setup did not do this.

I asked this question before and never got an answer to it, hopefully someone will chime in this time. I've seen it before on my tv only in black areas.

HEY, you viewing dumbasses!

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

(insert name of show here)
NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

My Samsung 55" D8000 LED-3D tv settings.
post #8089 of 8440 Old 04-21-2012, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I have had a problem with my 55 for the past month. If you haven't read my posts here is the rundown:

Call #1: Called regarding dead pixels, was told by Geek Squad they would replace the screen. Tech came out, called Samsung, Samsung said not enough out. Samsung and GS tech went into service menu and changed something which royally screwed up the PQ. Even after I put in my previous settings the PQ was too dark. When I went to a 3D source the PQ was flat and I could see ghosting images.

Call #2: Same GS tech came out, called Samsung, noticed what I was seeing, a main board was ordered. Tech reset the settings to when they came from the factory before he left. HD looked better, 3D no change. The PQ seemed to eventually lighten up a little over a few days.

Call #3: Different GS tech came out along with a more advanced tech (I guess) and I showed him what was going on. He was there to replace the main board. He said D* isn't real 3D so I popped in Cars 2 3D and showed him the same ghosting there. Ghosting is more evident with D*. Advanced tech said the same thing, he can see it with D* more than the 3D player. First tech told me that I shouldn't concentrate on things that were in the background that they should be blurry. I didn't believe he was telling me that. When advanced tech changed inputs I asked if the flash lighting should be in the corners. He said no, changed the blacklight to a lower setting and it was still there. They called Samsung to replace the panel. Since the panel is being replaced also they are going to replace the main board at the same time. The PQ is now darker again and hasn't eventually lightened back up.

I got a call yesterday stating the panel to be replaced Tuesday is backordered and set a new appointment for Friday. Got a sneaky feeling I will be postponing that one too.

So with all that, my PQ used to be beautiful, admittedly maybe a little bright for others due to the limited light in the room during normal viewing. So good that I even posted my settings in my sig for others to try if they wanted them. I made minor changes to my 3D PQ settings and even those were popping and looked amazing. I spent weeks watching great HD and 3D. But now, since something was changed in the initial visit, the HD PQ is darker as well as a little flat. 3D has gone to crap, I can see what looks like more motion blocking than before. And this is watching shows that I recorded before the initial call and now, there is a noticeable difference. And with 3D, I previously didn't have to concentrate on one area/image on the screen, I could not focus on something in the middle of the tv and yet all the other parts would stand out. Now I have to focus on one thing, and then other parts of the screen have ghosting so I am constantly playing with my eyes. I have tried battery glasses as well as usb charge glasses and it is the same for both. It's so bad that if I focus on one thing on the screen, the outside edge of the actual tv is doubled like it has the ghosting effect. It's as if you are looking at something far away, and the monitor a foot or 2 close to you has 2 edges, then you have to focus on the monitor to get it to look as one. This was previously never the case. I could easily tell the edge of the TV screen as it looked sunken in before the initial tech changed something.

I sure hope that when they do decide to come out that they can fix all of these issues for me. I am to the point to where if it isn't fixed, I am going to fight for a replacement from Samsung/BB or return it to BB. I should not be dealing with this for a $2k+ TV.

Is there anyone else who is having these types of issues with this TV?

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

post #8090 of 8440 Old 04-21-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:

I believe this is compression of the picture. When there are areas that are very similar in color, they'll often block them altogether in the same color to lower the filesize. At least that's what I believe happens with JPEG photos, which is similar to this.
post #8091 of 8440 Old 04-21-2012, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
according to the samsung description for this time it comes with the google maps app, but i just can not find it.
do we have google maps on this set un55d8000?
thanks

never mind, they did pull it out.
post #8092 of 8440 Old 04-21-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post

I believe this is compression of the picture. When there are areas that are very similar in color, they'll often block them altogether in the same color to lower the filesize. At least that's what I believe happens with JPEG photos, which is similar to this.

I thought so as well, but I did not see this with my old plasma. I also checked the same content with my ln40b630 and I notice the posterization on the 8000, but not on the 630. Both are connected to a directv receiver using hdmi directly.

Also, searching this thread, I found this post that details the issue. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post20796995

It's so bad that even my wife notices it while watching tv.
post #8093 of 8440 Old 04-22-2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommypolo View Post

If I understand correctly, some folders work and some do not.

yes, this is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommypolo View Post

To rule out a Windows problem on your computer, Right click on the folder icon and compare the folder properties on each folder and look for any differences particularly under the customize tab "What kind of folder do you want?"

but why on the new series un55es8000, all the folders are working? I checked with this model and everything is ok. also I checked with another un55d8000 like I have and the folders are not working.
post #8094 of 8440 Old 04-22-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:

yes, this is correct.

but why on the new series un55es8000, all the folders are working? I checked with this model and everything is ok. also I checked with another un55d8000 like I have and the folders are not working.

I wasn't trying to say this was your problem. Just thinking if some folders work and some others don't, check for any differences between them.
post #8095 of 8440 Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

I've submitted my unhappy feedback to Geek Squad. Just to cover my bases, has anyone noticed a decrease in 3D PQ from D*? I'm not saying there has been but want to find out if others think there has been.

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

post #8096 of 8440 Old 04-22-2012, 10:13 AM

Does anyone know if 55xxd8000 remote is capable of controlling multiple devices like a DVR from direct tv or an A/V?
post #8097 of 8440 Old 04-22-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast View Post

I asked this question before and never got an answer to it, hopefully someone will chime in this time. I've seen it before on my tv only in black areas.

Have you tried to set the color space to native? I did this and it seemed to help, but I can't be sure as I can still see the problem in some scenes.
post #8098 of 8440 Old 04-23-2012, 08:48 AM

Liked: 18
You know what annoys me most about this TV and why I'm probably exchanging for a Plasma...It's the 2 lines I see that go horizontally from edge to edge whenever the camera pans up & down. It's obvious on any type of content I'm watching. It's obvious right in the beginning of all Disney BD's when they pan around the castle with the fireworks. I've seen it in Fast Five with all the camera panning in that movie. It drives me nuts! I don't even want to exchange it cause I know this is an issue with this tech. So many problems came into play once Samsung decided to be "cool", making their TV's paper thin. *roles eyes*
Other than that, I have no problems with this TV lol
post #8099 of 8440 Old 04-23-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIME2PLAYDAGAME View Post

You know what annoys me most about this TV and why I'm probably exchanging for a Plasma...It's the 2 lines I see that go horizontally from edge to edge whenever the camera pans up & down. It's obvious on any type of content I'm watching. It's obvious right in the beginning of all Disney BD's when they pan around the castle with the fireworks. I've seen it in Fast Five with all the camera panning in that movie. It drives me nuts! I don't even want to exchange it cause I know this is an issue with this tech. So many problems came into play once Samsung decided to be "cool", making their TV's paper thin. *roles eyes*
Other than that, I have no problems with this TV lol

I've never noticed this on my 60D8000.

I'll have to check the Disney opening and see if I see anything. I haven't noticed it in the past though. Almost scared to start looking for it because it will probably start annoying me too if I see any.
post #8100 of 8440 Old 04-23-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Have you tried to set the color space to native? I did this and it seemed to help, but I can't be sure as I can still see the problem in some scenes.

It already is set to native.

NOW!
NEW!
ALL NEW!

NEXT!
8/9 PM ET
TUESDAY!
NEXT WEEK!
IN 2 WEEKS!

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55d8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver 2011 Model , Samsung Un65d8000 65 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un46d8000 46 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d8000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Led Hdtv , Samsung Pn51d490 51 Inch 3d 600hz Plasma Hdtv 3d Kit , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un65d8000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page