Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguyingreene View Post

1006. I wonder what changed?

How did you come to hear about the firmware? Any idea where it can be downloaded? The Samsung web-site doesn't seem too helpful in finding downloads for these TV's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 8451 Old 03-17-2011, 06:40 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoop View Post

I have been trying to get my point across to navigates, but He will not freaking listen. Man...

I just hope I could be the first to post the pictures to disprove any one. Hope I'm not the one in the waiting

Here is the info:
Account: 11xxxxx My Name

WRxxxxx 3/10/2011 110310 My Name $PRICE Item(s) have not yet shipped
WRyyyyy 3/10/2011 110310 My Name $PRICE Item(s) have not yet shipped

Shows Item(s) not shipped.
post #813 of 8451 Old 03-17-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguyingreene View Post

1006. I wonder what changed?

Now firmware 001010 is out, just updated!

Wish we could get info on the updates!
post #814 of 8451 Old 03-17-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigates View Post

I just hope I could be the first to post the pictures to disprove any one. Hope I'm not the one in the waiting

Here is the info:
Account: 11xxxxx My Name

WRxxxxx 3/10/2011 110310 My Name $PRICE Item(s) have not yet shipped
WRyyyyy 3/10/2011 110310 My Name $PRICE Item(s) have not yet shipped

Shows Item(s) not shipped.

OMG!!
We are not saying your not buying one, We are saying your not going to receive it for like 4 more months.
U shoulda kept your money.
post #815 of 8451 Old 03-17-2011, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnolddh View Post

wow samsung is really on top of things this yr.
post #816 of 8451 Old 03-17-2011, 07:42 PM

For those of you who submitted their on line vouchers for the 2 3D glasses & QWERTY remote, any updates or still status pending? Curious to see if the 10 - 12 weeks advertised is still looking accurate?

Still looking for the perfect TV...
post #817 of 8451 Old 03-17-2011, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs4000 View Post

I've noticed a bug with my 46D8000. I wasn't able to adjust the backlight level until I turned the TV off and then back on. By this -- I mean I could literally choose any number I wanted for the backlight, it simply wouldn't adjust it. So I turned off, then on, and it was then changeable.

Also had a line going from the middle right side of the screen right to the center, a black line perhaps a couple pixels in height. That persisted between turning off/on, but went away when I chose Picture mode: Movie, then back to my default of Standard.

There are definite firmware bugs in this beast.

It's not all that unusual for literally any electronics device to encounter data collisions and require a restart to flush and refresh - It occurs with PC's, Printers, Servers, Cisco Switches, Copy Machines, VOIP Devices and it's really no big deal unless it's replicated regularly/repeatedly and you are referencing one event and it's does not equate to a firmware flaw at all if the event went away.

I buy for and manage a large enterprise Network and virtually any electronics can encounter what you describe and certainly not something needing an RMA unless you have a pattern that doesn't go away So your panel had a temporary hiccup restart and let it refresh and it seemed to have done that. If a self calibration makes any temporary artifact go away what's the fuss unless it remains a constant.

Consumer Electronics require a little patience and of course understanding as to what's going on inside and differentiating a temporary artifact from a static event that doesn't go away. Good Luck!

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #818 of 8451 Old 03-17-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:

For the life of me i can't find the update? I tried by submenu's to find this tv but to no avail, it wont show any of the "D" series models...did you use your serial number to locate it?

post #819 of 8451 Old 03-17-2011, 08:28 PM

I preordered my 65D8000 today from Megan @ ABT. I asked her to speak with their Samsung rep and they said I will have my 65" incher in June.

I don't mind waiting a couple of months for this big beauty. The waiting will only make me even appreciate it more.

Enjoy all.
post #820 of 8451 Old 03-17-2011, 10:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post

Clarify please? Do you have a set top box connected to the receiver and then to the tv via HDMI out?
You might need to use the optical out of the tv to the receiver in order to here audio from the tv regarding apps or the built in tuners. If I'm not mistaken, tv's don't have HDMI outs, unless this is a new feature on this set. I don't have this model, yet!

Ok, here is what I did - pure genius on my part (not really). I was anxious to setup my new receiver and had the reciver going to the TV via the HDMI-1 port in back of the TV. Well, to get ARC you have to use the 2nd input and if you READ closely enough on the back of the TV 1 says "DVI" 2 clearly has "ARC" labeled. So if you want ARC you need to plug in your HDMI 1.4 cable to HDMI-2 and then make sure ARC is enabled on the A2000 (which I had done before). One thing I noticed is that when I bring up the widgets page I have to select "Audio 1" on the remote to hear the audio - it does not auto switch to that when playing any of the TV Apps. All is good on the ARC front now
post #821 of 8451 Old 03-17-2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams View Post

For the life of me i can't find the update? I tried by submenu's to find this tv but to no avail, it wont show any of the "D" series models...did you use your serial number to locate it?

Update via the tv itself "menu - support - software upgrade - by online"

No support/downloads are on the samsung's website yet
post #822 of 8451 Old 03-17-2011, 10:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Just an update on a couple issues I have been dealing with on my 55" D8000:

* Bright spot on top left and bottom left corners of the panel - better with the increase in black levels but as someone noted in the thread I don't feel I should really need to do that to get rid of the spots.
* I had the TV on last night and walked by it - I noticed several bright areas on the bottom left edge of the screen. When comparing these bright spots on the left to the panels right side they were not uniform across the panel. It almost looks like the left side of the TV was not fully finished or sealed when it left the factory. Check out the screen shots that are attached - maybe it's no big deal but it concerns me considering that is also the side of the TV that has the two bright corners.
* My remote is 50/50 on if it works. I have re-paired it with the TV, replaced batteries, etc. Sometimes it works perfectly other times I can get it to respond for a bit then it seems like it "falls asleep" for a while and then eventually returns to operation. This is the most frustrating issue of the 3.

I am going to go back to BB where I bought this tomorrow and see if they will swap TV's. I'm most concerned about the panel and the bright exposed edges along the bottom. I really don't know what BB will say - if they will redirect me to Samsung or will take care of me. Anyone else have a D8000 with the same bright spots? For the dealers on this forum - if I was a customer coming to you with this issue would you think I was crazy and being too picky?
LL
LL
post #823 of 8451 Old 03-17-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolton View Post

* Bright spot on top left and bottom left corners of the panel - better with the increase in black levels but as someone noted in the thread I don't feel I should really need to do that to get rid of the spots.
* I had the TV on last night and walked by it - I noticed several bright areas on the bottom left edge of the screen. When comparing these bright spots on the left to the panels right side they were not uniform across the panel. It almost looks like the left side of the TV was not fully finished or sealed when it left the factory. Check out the screen shots that are attached - maybe it's no big deal but it concerns me considering that is also the side of the TV that has the two bright corners.
* My remote is 50/50 on if it works. I have re-paired it with the TV, replaced batteries, etc. Sometimes it works perfectly other times I can get it to respond for a bit then it seems like it "falls asleep" for a while and then eventually returns to operation. This is the most frustrating issue of the 3.

I am going to go back to BB where I bought this tomorrow and see if they will swap TV's. I'm most concerned about the panel and the bright exposed edges along the bottom. I really don't know what BB will say - if they will redirect me to Samsung or will take care of me. Anyone else have a D8000 with the same bright spots? For the dealers on this forum - if I was a customer coming to you with this issue would you think I was crazy and being too picky?

Try turning your backlit down to 10 - 12. The black level setting is there for a reason, Samsung should have set it to dark from the factory and left this control in service menu, that way people would not think their set is broken. No LED, back or edge lit will ever be perfect, light should not leak out of the frame.
post #824 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreams View Post

For those of you who submitted their on line vouchers for the 2 3D glasses & QWERTY remote, any updates or still status pending? Curious to see if the 10 - 12 weeks advertised is still looking accurate?

The status of the rebate still says waiting for validation. It's for the 3d glasses. I received the qwerty remote with the tv in the box
post #825 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:

Update via the tv itself "menu - support - software upgrade - by online"

No support/downloads are on the samsung's website yet

Very neat! Thanks for clarifying

post #826 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrider77 View Post

The status of the rebate still says waiting for validation. It's for the 3d glasses. I received the qwerty remote with the tv in the box

Ok, thanks for the status update.

Let us know if that changes or when you receive them!

post #827 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 06:28 AM

hiya,

had the 46D8000 nearly a week now and here's my thoughts. The good and no so good!

The good

Picture motion is excellent - very smooth picture processing. (10 times better than the 46C8000 i used to have - was way too juddery).

Picture quality stunning, much better black levels and easier on the eye than C8000. Handles SD & HD very well.

Design/Sound - great looking cool tv and very good sound.

PC Connectivity/Network - Fully loaded altho a qwerty would help.

3D - Watched Despicable me - very good experience.

The not so good

Different names for it but - Clouding/Blooming/backlight bleed is noticable on my set but ONLY under these conditions. Watching at night in a fully dark room/curtains closed/ credit scenes with text on black background/deep space or night sky scenes with stars. Clouding was around evident in many parts of the screen. Bluray Stardust is a good test or Descent.

I'm just reporting on my own experience and no doubt others will report no clouding/blooming issues and that my set might be at fault. Although I would suggest that users create the conditions above and try films out to test there own sets. Do a few tests with a few different films as some might not show the problem but others may show it. I paused the bluray on affected night sky scenes and tinkered with the following settings/backlight/brightness/black tone/shadow. Clouding was reduced a little but not fully. Swithing on a bedside lamp or main light instantly cures the clouding and night skys looked inky black.

All in all for me its an amazing tv although the clouding under specific conditions mentioned above does niggle me.

ps - Set used in the UK
post #828 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokeyfive View Post

hiya,

had the 46D8000 nearly a week now and here's my thoughts. The good and no so good!

The good

Picture quality stunning, much better black levels and easier on the eye than C8000. Handles SD & HD very well.

The not so good

Different names for it but - Clouding/Blooming/backlight bleed is noticable on my set but ONLY under these conditions. Watching at night in a fully dark room/curtains closed/ credit scenes with text on black background/deep space or night sky scenes with stars. Clouding was around evident in many parts of the screen. Bluray Stardust is a good test or Descent.

The good

Most will view their displays in rooms with enough light to disguise the panel light leakage.

The not so good

To see a display calibrated to HD standards, a very dark room punctuated with bias lighting is required. Under these conditions flashlighting and clouding will be highly noticeable and likely totally unacceptable to some viewers. The only way to correct the situation is to increase the brightness control thereby raising the black level and obliterating contrast ratio. Goodbye Rec. 709 standards.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #829 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbolton View Post

Very interesting, I had the same problem with my 7000, Last night i did a software update through the tv, and it seem to help the flashlight affect on my tv, but i still see it,just not as bad as before. I was considering going back to best buy, and getting the 8000.
post #830 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 08:42 AM

I've been following this thread since it's inception and have seen a lot of questions concerning the D8000s' performance in the dark. I received my UN55D8000 last Tuesday and have it set up as well as my eyes will get it. Although I do find myself tinkering with the settings. There is always room for improvement.

I thought I'd share a few pictures I took this morning just before sunrise with the lights off. Some of you will be sure to point out the obvious horrendous issues in the pictures, but I am quite happy with this tv.

Ubiquitous Dark Knight pic:

Transformers The Movie (UK import):

Seven Samurai:

Finally a shot a took yesterday while my daughter was watching Yo Gabba Gabba from an HD Dish Network feed:

Hope those help,
Joe
post #831 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 09:05 AM

Can anyone tell me if the D8000 model has that cool PiP remote function that let's you display the television video on the remote? The D8000 is a little out of my price range but still may consider getting it over the D7000 if I can have that cool video remote. I did read through the whole thread and couldn't find any info on it, although I swear I remember reading about it.
post #832 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 09:19 AM

With my 7000, I got a voucher for it in the box,i redeemed it all through the internet. when i went to look at the 8000 at abc warehouse it came with that cool video remote.
post #833 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 09:20 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCEO View Post

Can anyone tell me if the D8000 model has that cool PiP remote function that let's you display the television video on the remote? The D8000 is a little out of my price range but still may consider getting it over the D7000 if I can have that cool video remote. I did read through the whole thread and couldn't find any info on it, although I swear I remember reading about it.

That sounds like the touchscreen remote, which was originally considered for the D8000 line, but was definitely NOT included with mine, nor was a voucher. I believe it will be sold separately at a later point in time. It may or may not be compatible with the D7000 line, I'm not sure.

The D8000 I received came with the qwerty remote.
post #834 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 09:46 AM

This is the voucher i got in my box
LL
post #835 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 10:04 AM

Do you think the nuclear plant in Japan will affect the supply of Samsung TVs?

Especially the 65" coming out in June?

first post so I'll do my best with the URL

www evertiq com "slash" mobile "slash" 19161
post #836 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 10:05 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlluna View Post

This is the voucher i got in my box

That's the remote that came in mine. There's no video display on it. One side is a normal remote, the other is the bluetooth qwerty remote.
post #837 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmium View Post

That's the remote that came in mine. There's no video display on it. One side is a normal remote, the other is the bluetooth qwerty remote.

Yeah i noticed that at abc warehouse when i was playing with it. so, how don like the remote?
post #838 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 10:23 AM

so which tv comes with touch remote the option of watching on remote is awesome!
post #839 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
How does tourney look on the d8000?
post #840 of 8451 Old 03-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

any more of you D7000/8000 owners have video game lag impressions to post? Also what games are you testing and are you in game mode.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55d8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver 2011 Model , Samsung Un65d8000 65 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un46d8000 46 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d8000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Led Hdtv , Samsung Pn51d490 51 Inch 3d 600hz Plasma Hdtv 3d Kit , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page