Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Those photos are long exposure

useless you want to bring out defects

D8000 well balanced that
no nothing you posted......

I am a technical HDTV and I know what I say !!

Needless to post photos clouding
with backlight or brightness set high, all HDTV LCD backlight or brightness high
to 90% have the clouding; in the dynamic phase is not seen NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!

THE D8000 with proper adjustment

has a good uniformity !!!!

As always you have to find fault

false defects !!!

Photos with long exposure
they show the clouding !!!!

everybody knows....

There is a huge blank canvas
at its center a small black dot

Huge white canvas are the great merits
the black dot defects are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE D8000 has great qualities and few defects !

Needless to all costs will find a needle in a haystack........

99% of HDTV LCD

If you take a picture with long exposure
You can see the clouding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 01:33 AM

90% of LCD HDTV I've tested and seen

places under certain conditions, long-exposure photos...

You can see the clouding !!

Also with backlight or brightness normal....

In dynamic phase, during a movie...

You will not see anything !!!!!

Enjoy Samsung D8000 and its superb image !!!

post #1083 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 02:19 AM

The BB in my area WILL price match Amazon on smartphones, gaming consoles, TV's, computers, etc.,
As long as it is sold by Amazon.
post #1084 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachibluhd View Post

Well category 5,

I've seen the screenshots you posted. Its ugly and horrible. I suggest you simply dump samsung and get a sony HX929.

For the amount you paid for this TV, you can get a Full Backlit Sony TV. Read the reviews of HX909 last year, its good. With HX929 will have more improvements than HX909 in terms of 3D quality, screen uniformity etc....

I don't know why people are still interested in Edge Lit !!! No matter whatever fancy word you prefix for "Edge lit" (dynamic Edge lit, Ultra super Dynamic Edge it, Crazy Black level Dynamic Edge lit), its still an Edge lit TV!! and it will have inherent Edge lit issues!!!

What I'm trying to say is, Full Backlit LED TVs are the next step in LED lit LCD TVs. Edge lit is one gen older tech. Samsung is struck with older tech because It has lost a lawsuit with sharp and simply does not have rights to manufacture Full LED TVs.

And its just like last year, some samsung TVs dont have edge light bleeding, some will stop bleeding if we unscrew the screw, and some are defective, some are less defective and its always a chance with Edge lit TVs, if you are lucky you will get a perfect one otherwise no!!! I mean what the heck!!! Go for Full LED TVs period.

Well, there is one more perfect option, LG is planning to release Cinema 3D (FPR) Full LED Backlit TVs. That will just be perfect for both 3D and I hope with Nano tech screen uniformity will be good

PS:
I own 40C7000 and I dont watch 3D on it at all because of horrible crosstalk. I dont watch dark movies like Dark Night, Wolfman because the edge light bleed ruins the movie. I only watch movies like Speed Racer etc where movie is filled with brightness all the time, in that case the edge bleed is not visible to some extent.

Hi friend , I think you need a little more respect about the Edge light sets and their owners. I have a Samsung C8000 and I don´t have banding, clouding , crosstalk o whatewer else. And I will bought a D8000 because the panel uniformity, the improved 2D and 3D. And this is a Samsung thread not about others, you need remember.
post #1085 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 02:26 AM

post #1086 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 03:04 AM

post #1087 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Category 5 View Post

Hey, Ignorance is bliss as they say. None of that over here though and the images above were taken handheld, underexposed slightly so as not to exaggerate and at a backlight setting of 7/20. Not sure how else to spell it out for you. Three sets here have all had issues.

If Samsung has had these same issues in the last 3 generations of sets what's the point of claiming they are fixed in the current gen when clearly the issues are still there. Sure, some non-uniformity is to be expected, but this level at this price point is unacceptable to many.

In the Samsung thread (the same thing the past year) always have people that show "defects" and people that like other brands. Always.
I have a C8000 (curious...) without "defects", and now all the reviews claims that this new sets will be better than C series. But If you like other brand more "perfect" you can go.
I don´t chage my mind about the D8000 series, and of course for a few bad pics with bad settings, man. Don´t exist the perfect TV...really I can only agree with you about "ignorance is a bliss".
post #1088 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 03:22 AM

Photos normal exposure

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=378

Samsung D8000
post #1089 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 04:54 AM

So if i would connect the TV to my computer by only using a UTP cable or WIFI, will that be enough to play a movie?

I mean, will the TV be able to decode HD streams, or do i still need a HDMI cable from my computer to the TV ?
post #1090 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 05:24 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppertjes View Post

So if i would connect the TV to my computer by only using a UTP cable or WIFI, will that be enough to play a movie?

I mean, will the TV be able to decode HD streams, or do i still need a HDMI cable from my computer to the TV ?

Started to type a long answer, but nothing will replace all the info found here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1237704. That's an awesome thread with almost a year's worth of experience from folks in the networking sub-forum.

That noted, in my case, my TV is connected to a mac mini via hdmi. It works great.
post #1091 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleitry View Post

Started to type a long answer, but nothing will replace all the info found here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1237704. That's an awesome thread with almost a year's worth of experience from folks in the networking sub-forum.

That noted, in my case, my TV is connected to a mac mini via hdmi. It works great.

I would have prefered your summary :P but thanks!
post #1092 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 06:11 AM

@ Category 5
When I bought my 55D8000 2 weeks ago, the only issues I had were small light leakage from the corners of my television. I simply adjusted the Black tone to dark or darkest and they all disappeared. I'll post my black level video again for those that have missed it on the earlier pages in this thread. This tv is simply amazing!

Samsung UN55D8000 Black Level and Uniformity Test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iv8pqbSvS8

God of War 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTGaY55JGSk

Killzone 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d39lr5QYvQ4

Viewing Angles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl4rHcgQcco

Uncharted 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=000mbK84xtE

Donnie Yen Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6xuP02yLMo - The second fight scene takes place in a dark area.

Here are my Settings on Standard. I don't even have to go to Cinema or all the other picture modes to enjoy it during the day or night.

Picture Options
-----------------
Backlight - 12
Contrast -74
Brightness - 45
Sharpness - 18
Color -47
Tint - G57 R43

Advanced Settings
----------------------
Black Tone - Darkest
Dynamic Contrast - Medium
Gamma - 0
White Balance - R Offset - 20
Edge Enhancement - Off
LED Motion Plus Off

Picture Options
------------------------
Color Tone - Normal
Digital Noise Filter - Auto
MPEG Noise Filter - Auto
HDMI Black Level - Low
Auto Motion Plus - Clear
Smart LED - Standard
Cinema Black - Off

PSN ID Cyber125
post #1093 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 06:16 AM

My real world viewing of the 8000 series in the store was a very positive experience. I can't comment on the causes for the banding or clouding above, but the units I have seen (and played with) under normal viewing conditions looked awesome in person. The video loop had plenty of full screen black, yellow blue images with text and I didn't see anything in the way of flashlighting, clouding, banding or halos.

I will admit this was in a well lit store (not a pitch black room) but I would think I would have seen banding or clouding like is shown above even in those lighting conditions.

I hope you manage to get your issues resolved as I'm sure that is frustrating.

Samsung PN64D7000
Onkyo 706 THX Reciever
Sony PS3
Paradigm Monitor Series Speakers
M&K THX Subwoofer
post #1094 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Chulo View Post

@ Category 5
When I bought my 55D8000 2 weeks ago, the only issues I had were small light leakage from the corners of my television. I simply adjusted the Black tone to dark or darkest and they all disappeared. I'll post my black level video again for those that have missed it on the earlier pages in this thread. This tv is simply amazing!

Here are my Settings on Standard. I don't even have to go to Cinema or all the other picture modes to enjoy it during the day or night.

Picture Options
-----------------
Backlight - 12
Contrast -74
Brightness - 45
Sharpness - 18
Color -47
Tint - G57 R43

Advanced Settings
----------------------
Black Tone - Darkest
Gamma - 0
Edge Enhancement - Off
LED Motion Plus Off

Picture Options
------------------------
Color Tone - Normal
MPEG Noise Filter - Auto
HDMI Black Level - Low
Auto Motion Plus - Clear
Smart LED - Standard
Cinema Black - Off

Very, Very Nice! Cyber chulo, I definitely have to do more tweaking to my tv, I have a little clouding, but i am going to try some adjustments, I definitely have my brightness set higher than your, Thanks for the video, and Info!
post #1095 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlluna View Post

Very, Very Nice! Cyber chulo, I definitely have to do more tweaking to my tv, I have a little clouding, but i am going to try some adjustments, I definitely have my brightness set higher than your, Thanks for the video, and Info!

Thanks! If anything the only thing that I would adjust first for light leakage is the Black Tone under Advanced Settings I think. Setting it to Darkest resolved this issue for me and another person on this forum. Just give it a try. It won't hurt. I promise.

PSN ID Cyber125
post #1096 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post

Thanks for the replies regarding Amazon delivery! Seems I need to make sure they have my correct phone number on record...

I can't wait for this TV to get here!

I too called to change the number to my cell to be sure that I get it. I was then told as others have pasted that the carrier will call me approx 7 days after shipping to schedule a window for the following day delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrindor View Post

I would be sure not to get monoprice's thickest cable (I think its 22AWG?), they are HEAVY. I've had them break 2 HDMI ports on 2 different TVs because of the sheer weight of the cable. They may have improved them (I bought those cables about 3 years ago), and after they broke the 2nd HDMI port I switched over bluejeanscable's 28AWG HDMI cables.

I just go with the MonoPrice 28AWG since I only run short distances and need flexibility. If you have tight bends or heavier gauge I suggest using a port saver:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...=10419#1041913

KDL-46XBR929 / UN55D8000

post #1097 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 07:56 AM

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I picked up the UN46D8000 at Fry's in Austin recently and am very pleased with the TV's performance. The quality of the picture is stunning and quite a bit nicer than the C650 set I had been watching. I haven't experienced any problems with banding or light bleeding.

One thing that has surprised me is the quality of the 3D on this television. Stunning. I didn't have any particular interest in 3d and had been very underwhelmed by my prior experiences with it on friends' TVs and in stores. I recently tried out the 3d on the 46D800 with some of the DirectTV 3d channels (3dnet mostly) and was very pleasantly surprised. Wow. I still haven't tried out any 3d bluray movies or games on the ps3 but am excited to do so now.

A few minor quibbles: the qwerty remote leaves a lot to be desired and I'm not especially impressed by any of the smart tv applications. As another member mentioned, the arrow keys on the remote have a tendency to skip a bit (ie, I press right once and it goes right twice.) Also, the button in the middle of the arrow keys on the qwerty side of the remote seems to be a track pad of sorts--you can use it to move a mouse cursor around while web browsing. But the web browsing experience (along with facebook, etc) is underwhelming. It feels sluggish and I'd rather just use my laptop. Also, after the youtube app updated it no longer accepts input via the qwerty side of the remote. Strange. I'm sure they'll fix it in an update.

The sound from the TV is adequate bordering on good. I tried the SurroundSound effect and it sounded nice on some programs and really poor with distortion on others. I'm sure most people will probably hook this set up to a nice stereo system.

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the TV and would easily recommend it to others.
post #1098 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 08:26 AM

Anyone know how to turn off the Samsung logo light at bottom of the screen of the 55D8000? Very distracting...
post #1099 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 08:36 AM

I believe it's under System Settings

PSN ID Cyber125
post #1100 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

I know I've said this already, but as someone who's owned both the 46C8000 and the 46D8000, I feel uniquely positioned to say that the D8000 is a significant improvement over the C8000, and I don't mind repeating myself, given the difficulty of navigating large threads expeditiously. The D8000 is not perfect but it's the best set I've ever seen from Samsung (I've seen & spent time with many but not the famous B8500). The D8000 makes night-time, dark-room viewing finally tolerable, quite an accomplishment for an edge-lit LED LCD TV. And of course day-time viewing is also very good.
post #1101 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomotronic View Post

90% of LCD HDTV I've tested and seen

places under certain conditions, long-exposure photos...

You can see the clouding !!

Also with backlight or brightness normal....

In dynamic phase, during a movie...

You will not see anything !!!!!

Enjoy Samsung D8000 and its superb image !!!

oh man, those photos really prove your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2847 View Post

Yeah i told him the same thing. Either he should grab the new 55HX929, or he might be able to get a 52HX909 now for a VERY good deal.

Im not even so sure the HX929 will be that much better as its going back to using an SPVA panel while the HX909 uses a Sharp UV2A panel. Chances are uniformity will be as good or maybe even better on the HX909.

Either way, both are a safe bet and a top choice now.

If your not in the mood of waiting, i guess trying another D8000 from a good retailer (im thinking BB) might be the best way to go...

do you have a source link for the hx929 panel info?
post #1102 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 09:44 AM

so, samsungs pc manager seems a very nice feature...

so next question is... how to get the sound from the tv to my soundsystem...

which output's does the TV offer...

Optical Digital Cable only? ( in that case i need to get one )
post #1103 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 09:58 AM

Amazon states that their offer of Samsung's 3D Starter Kit will be free with purchase of UN55D8000 through March 26. Some local retailers are also offering this kit in package deals, but haven't noticed a cutoff date.

Interestingly, Amazon offers this kit separately only at an outrageously high list price! No discounting!

My question: Is it realistic to expect that Amazon's package deal will continue after their advertised cutoff date of March 26?
post #1104 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 10:12 AM

Anybody know what the cheapest price was on Amazon yesterday?
post #1105 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 10:23 AM

since this is a large thread and i think there are a few of us still looking for a comparison of the plasma d8000 vs the led d8000 if anyone can help?
post #1106 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Chulo View Post

@ Category 5

Samsung UN55D8000 Black Level and Uniformity Test

God of War 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTGaY55JGSk

Killzone 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d39lr5QYvQ4

Viewing Angles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl4rHcgQcco

Uncharted 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=000mbK84xtE

Donnie Yen Compilation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6xuP02yLMo - The second fight scene takes place in a dark area.

Picture Options
-----------------
Backlight - 12
Contrast -74
Brightness - 45
Sharpness - 18
Color -47
Tint - G57 R43

Advanced Settings
----------------------
Black Tone - Darkest
Gamma - 0
Edge Enhancement - Off
LED Motion Plus Off

Picture Options
------------------------
Color Tone - Normal
MPEG Noise Filter - Auto
HDMI Black Level - Low
Auto Motion Plus - Clear
Smart LED - Standard
Cinema Black - Off

Thanks! Whats your thoughts on Dynamic Contrast? It's usually terrible, have they actually improved it enough that it's useful now?
post #1107 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkshady View Post

It was 3 and change yesterday it is up by over a hundred dollars today. I am hoping against hope for that rediculously low price it had last week.
post #1108 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkshady View Post

It was 2756.40$ yesterday morning when i checked ,later it changed to 3050$.
post #1109 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrindor View Post

Thanks! Whats your thoughts on Dynamic Contrast? It's usually terrible, have they actually improved it enough that it's useful now?

I haven't really played with Dynamic Contrast. Once I got it out of the box, the first thing I did was calibrate it with DVE caliibration disc. Later on I found out that the TV had built in patterns and filters! So then I recalibrated it to using that. I didn't touch dynamic contrast. I have the set where it's perfect for me right now. Don't want to mess things up!

PSN ID Cyber125
post #1110 of 8440 Old 03-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member

no price talk, people.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55d8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver 2011 Model , Samsung Un65d8000 65 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un46d8000 46 Inch 1080p 240hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d8000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Led Hdtv , Samsung Pn51d490 51 Inch 3d 600hz Plasma Hdtv 3d Kit , Samsung Pn59d550 59 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un65d8000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page