Judder with my Samsung UN46D6000 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 37 Old 12-27-2011, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi Everyone,
I never sign up to pages/forums. I usually just search for my answers and I'm good to go.

BUT, this time, I bought this tv and was ready to return it because of the juddering I got when plugged into my "dvi to hdmi" PC. It was horrible. There were some things that helped, such as refresh rate changing and settings like that.

Then just by pure luck, and the need to set the names/titles of all my inputs, I changed the one for my PC to "DVI PC" input. HOLY FREAKING SMOKES, THAT CHANGED EVERYTHING!!!!!! No juddering, no shakiness, no blurring, just a beautiful picture. Looks like my PC is now controlling the TV, instead of the two brain idea listed above (I liked that). And I have my PC refresh rate back at the normal 60Hz also.

So good luck everyone, I hope this fixes all your problems too.

Also, for professional settings to get the best possible picture, check here:
hxxp://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/samsung-lcd-tv/samsung-un46d6000-p2.html#page2
thetraveler likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 01-06-2012, 03:22 PM

Liked: 10
I am just starting with these forums, but I found this post interesting. I wonder if HDMI 1 (DVI) can fix problems I have with this set with skipped frames and inconsistent juddering when watching Modern Family with my Tivo HD. It really seems like the TV processor is getting bogged down sometimes based on content. I thought it was a problem with 120Hz LED (because Game Mode appears to make it go away), but maybe it has to do with the Tivo output confusing the "brain" in the TV. I will check it out...
post #33 of 37 Old 01-07-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinny View Post

I am just starting with these forums, but I found this post interesting. I wonder if HDMI 1 (DVI) can fix problems I have with this set with skipped frames and inconsistent juddering when watching Modern Family with my Tivo HD. It really seems like the TV processor is getting bogged down sometimes based on content. I thought it was a problem with 120Hz LED (because Game Mode appears to make it go away), but maybe it has to do with the Tivo output confusing the "brain" in the TV. I will check it out...

Well it turns out that Modern Family (and many ABC shows) is broadcast at 720p. (I assumed all TV was 1080i.) The default Tivo setting outputs everything at 1080i. Changing the Tivo to output all programs in the original format and letting the TV do all conversions fixed the problem where the video got bogged down. (I am still using HDMI 3.)

So it was the Tivo brain competing with the TV brain after all!
post #34 of 37 Old 01-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I recently calibrated my friends 46D6000. He had the same judder issue as discussed here. The way I resolved it was to turn film mode to "off". If film mode was on any setting but off, it would introduce the judder. I also turned off all the other processing. I calibrated his TV in the "movie mode" preset. Some of you might have tried this, but it's worth a shot.
post #35 of 37 Old 01-12-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillsmith View Post

Here's a video of the problem for me. You can't really see the skipped frame in this video, but it's there, and I don't want to watch anything because of it. Certain sequences of motion (like this logo I played on loop) trigger it every time; it isn't random.

When the logo moves, it should be displaying the frames like this:
|a|b|c|d|e|f|

but the TV displays them like this:
|a|b|c|c|e|f|

unless I turn on Game Mode or set AutoMotion Plus to Clear (ONLY 'Clear' plays it properly - not 'Off', 'Standard', 'Smooth', or 'Custom').
  • I don't want to watch movies/TV with Game Mode on because it switches off all the processing that was meticulously calibrated. Everything looks bright and even the sound is different
  • I don't want AMP on at all, I just want 24fps content to have 5:5 pulldown etc. with no motion interpolation

Any ideas?

I have the exact same problem
%100 similar to yours i ve yet to find any fix and it is frustrating.
post #36 of 37 Old 03-14-2013, 06:31 PM

i am having the same problem with this same TV . also i was woundering how i can unlick to plug and play settings and also unlock the auto adjustment and advanced settings in the picture menu? and has anyone had someone calibrate their TV and if so what are your settings set at and i also like a brighter picture
post #37 of 37 Old 03-14-2013, 06:31 PM

i am having the same problem with this same TV . also i was woundering how i can unlick to plug and play settings and also unlock the auto adjustment and advanced settings in the picture menu? and has anyone had someone calibrate their TV and if so what are your settings set at and i also like a brighter picture
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46d6000 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page