Netflix problem with Vizio XVT553SV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 21 Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok.........I've lost my Netflix connectivity through the VIA apps on my Vizio XVT553SV.

When I press the VIA button on the remote, the menu bar comes up. The Netflix app is there. When I click on the app, menu bar dissapears....whatever is on stays on.......nothing loads.

Other apps work fine. The box pops up and the app loads.

I tried unistalling and re-installing the Netflix app. Nothing. I removed the TV from the Netflix account on-line.

Since nothing pops up, I can't even re-enter a code to access netflix again.

Has anyone run into this?

I can use my Sony PS3 without issue. Even though I can go in through the PS3, I still want my TV fully functional.

I sent an e-mail to Vizio and they want me to call, but I have not yet had the time.

If anyone has run into an issue like this.....please let me know what you did to fix the probem.

I have Verizon FIOS internet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 03-09-2011, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I guess I'm the only one with this problem.......I'm hoping to talk to Vizio later today if I can get home from work early enough..............
post #3 of 21 Old 03-09-2011, 04:09 PM

My issue is a little different than yours but netflix at this point can't connect to the server and it tells me to check my internet connection which is working just fine.

The other apps all work, but netflix doesn't.

Even the diagnostics for the tv show the internet is working. Just not netflix.

My netflix loads, but then says, it can't connect to the server and to check the internet connection.

I tried resetting the tv, but that didn't help. I will have to try removing netflix and re-adding it to see if that fixes it.

I've never experience FULL audio until now. I never knew what I was missing. WOW what a difference.
post #4 of 21 Old 03-09-2011, 04:48 PM

I found something else that fixed the problem for me. I did not remove and re-add since I found this solution that fixed the problem for me.

Not sure it will help you though since yours doesn't even load. Mine did.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...36&topic=15077

I've never experience FULL audio until now. I never knew what I was missing. WOW what a difference.
post #5 of 21 Old 03-09-2011, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks for responding. I'll give this a shot as soon as I am able. It does say "when in Netflix....."........I can't even get to Netflix.....all I see is the widget.....as soon as I press enter on the widget, everything is gone and you are just watching whatever channel you are on.

I will try it though.
post #6 of 21 Old 03-09-2011, 06:18 PM

Yeah, I tried it with the side bar (the one you get after you choose netflix) and it didn't work. I had to actually be in the netflix app.

I would call Vizio for sure since I really don't think it's going to work.

post #7 of 21 Old 03-11-2011, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I called Vizio today. They had me do a cold reboot of the TV....check the firmware.....etc.......then told me to call Netflix since it must be their problem.

I called Netflix. Netflix had me change my DNS settings....didn't work. They said they would maybe talk to Vizio about it.

No fix.

I love the TV and have access to Netflix throgh my PS3, but it irks me that my TV doesn't work with Netflix like it should and neither side has a solution.

What's the next step?

I'm going to call Costco Concierge Service next.........for anyone interested.............stay tuned.
post #8 of 21 Old 03-13-2011, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

I have an LG TV and just recently my Netflix stopped working saying it can't connect. I know it is not my internet connection because all the other internet apps on the TV work AND my other streaming device connects to Netflix just fine (might be different server). The LG support page said to try pinging moviecontrol.netflix.com and that does not work from my PC. So I suspect the problem is the servers that are being used to stream Netflix. There must be several and each brand of device may use a different one. I'm not sure who to blame at this point.

Update: I found a fix that worked for me. I went to the setup screen for the internet apps on the TV and Deactivated Netflix and waited about 10 minutes. Then I went to Netflix and started the Activate process for a "new" device. When I pulled up Netflix on the TV it gave me a new activation code which I put into the Netflix website. It activated the TV and all is fine now.

I've run out of witty sayings...
post #9 of 21 Old 05-16-2011, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Update - The Netflix and Rhapsody apps on my TV now partially load....the picture moves to the right and the black box comes up, but nothing else happens after that. I finally called Vizio back on Saturday and got a case #. They had me send in a few pics. I called them back again today and they want me to try one more thing.....a "clean storage reset" in their service menu. this will rest everything like I just pulled it out of the box.......I'll have to write all my settings down........if that doesn't work, then they will send someone out to repair the set. More than likely a motherboard replacement.

I will update status for those interested.....stay tuned.
post #10 of 21 Old 05-17-2011, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Problem solved!
Finally got a customer service rep at Vizio with a solution that worked. Before setting me up with a service call, he had me go through a clean storage reset which essentially brings your TV back to the day you took it out of the box. This reset solved my problem.
I made sure to write all my settings down including what inputs I was using and what I had named them.

I want to commend Vizio for their friendliness and attention to detail in my case.

I have the instructions and can post them here if anyone is interested.
post #11 of 21 Old 07-26-2011, 10:56 PM

Hi cawgijoe

I seem to have the exact same problem as you did. Can you detail what you had to do to resolve it?

Sunny
post #12 of 21 Old 07-20-2012, 03:41 PM

I have the same issue with my VIZIO tv. VIZIO told me to try the cold reboot and then a factory reset... neither of which worked. A Vizio Rep named Rachel told me that the servers at Netflix are down, but Netflix would not make that information public for fear of scaring off potential customers.

When I called Netflix they initially told me their servers were up, but after being persistent, the Rep said they were facing issues and their engineers were working on the problem. This was 4 days ago...

[UPDATE]
When I got in around 5pm today, my VIZIO had no connection to the Internet. Once I reset all wifi information, all my VIAs (Vizio Internet app), including Netflix was working. So, it looks like there were some major changes made. Glad everything is back up and running wink.gif
post #13 of 21 Old 08-25-2012, 07:00 AM

I too have the Vizio- NetFlix problem. Netflix app shows up, but then says to check internet connection. My internet connection is fine. I did the following that did not work: 1. reboot TV; 2. restore factory settings; 3. download upgrades. I use a wireless blueray device connected to the Vizio for wireless connection. I appreciate the tips, and now I just deactivated the netflix app and will follow the advice of adding a new device... Will let you all know!
post #14 of 21 Old 08-25-2012, 07:00 AM

I too have the Vizio- NetFlix problem. Netflix app shows up, but then says to check internet connection. My internet connection is fine. I did the following that did not work: 1. reboot TV; 2. restore factory settings; 3. download upgrades. I use a wireless blueray device connected to the Vizio for wireless connection. I appreciate the tips, and now I just deactivated the netflix app and will follow the advice of adding a new device... Will let you all know!
post #15 of 21 Old 09-08-2012, 12:35 PM

Did it work?
post #16 of 21 Old 01-05-2013, 10:03 AM

I am having a problem loading the shows on Netflix. Netflix will load on the VIZIO, then give you a choice of shows/movies, but when you try to load the program you have picked a dialog box appears saying we are having a problem loading this right now. Please try again later or pick another program (something like that anyway). All the other apps load fine, I have a charter internet connection with their wireless router. Has anyone encountered this problem? I have tried the deactivating/reactivating method, it says my device is activated, but same problem. I did see the solution with the cold start, maybe that would work but need specific instructions, if you don't mind. Last thing Netflix said was to have cable company trouble shoot router, but don't think this will solve it cuz everything else is loading. Plus didn't get home from work early enough to call charter. Help?
post #17 of 21 Old 01-06-2013, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just tried to use Netflix on my Vizeo E60 and it won't load. Every other widget works fine. I even uninstalled then reinstalled the app but that didn't fix the problem.

Pioneer VSX-1123-k, (4) SP-FS52-LR, SP-C21, Rythmik LV12R
post #18 of 21 Old 01-12-2013, 02:16 PM

Any luck with the netflix problem? Just spent hours troubleshooting this with netflix and got no results. Having exactly the same issue, also have charter. Netflix works on everything else in the house
post #19 of 21 Old 01-13-2013, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I cleared the memory which set the tv back to factory settings. That fixed it for me.

Pioneer VSX-1123-k, (4) SP-FS52-LR, SP-C21, Rythmik LV12R
post #20 of 21 Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 PM

My netflix App is gone...where did it go? how do I get it back...??
post #21 of 21 Old 03-30-2014, 01:48 PM

please post.. I am interested

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio Xvt553sv 55 Inch Truled Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page