Samsung un55d6000 settings - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 27 Old 03-09-2011, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought the UN55D6000 set .I did a search and can`t find the settings for it .I know I did a search and found the settings for our 40C6300 .The settings I found really made a difference .Can anyone help with this set or is it too new .

Family room 40C6300
The Bunker 55D6000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 03-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
How do you like the set overall so far? If any owners would like to give some type of review that'd be nice for future owners, got my eye on this particular set.
post #3 of 27 Old 03-15-2011, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter

So far the set is working great . I played with the settings . I'm not sure I have the picture set up properly . The 40C63000 TV upstairs looks a bit better . But that TV has settings from another site . I'm hoping some will eventually put up some settings for this TV . The all share works great .

Family room 40C6300
The Bunker 55D6000
post #4 of 27 Old 03-15-2011, 10:21 AM

bump

Just bought this set 2 weeks ago and wondered if I have the best possible picture...Thanks for any help...
post #5 of 27 Old 03-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfbmgd View Post

So far the set is working great . I played with the settings . I'm not sure I have the picture set up properly . The 40C63000 TV upstairs looks a bit better . But that TV has settings from another site . I'm hoping some will eventually put up some settings for this TV . The all share works great .

I'm sure as more owners find out about the set, see this thread etc they'll share some settings.

In regards to the flashlighting or clouding, if possible could you load up some all Black jpgs on a thumbdrive and take a couple pics in a dark setting w/ the Backlight set to -5, 0, +10?
post #6 of 27 Old 03-15-2011, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdawson View Post

I'm sure as more owners find out about the set, see this thread etc they'll share some settings.

In regards to the flashlighting or clouding, if possible could you load up some all Black jpgs on a thumbdrive and take a couple pics in a dark setting w/ the Backlight set to -5, 0, +10?

I'll have some time tomorrow . I'll try to post pics then .

Family room 40C6300
The Bunker 55D6000
post #7 of 27 Old 03-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'll have some time tomorrow . I'll try to post pics then .

I patiently await that thanks pfbmgd, sure others will appreciate it as well.
post #8 of 27 Old 03-20-2011, 02:08 PM

New poster, but owner of a new UN55D8000. Since January, this is my 5th Samsung set, of various denominations. For contrast sake, I'll go over some of them.
1. UN55C630 = Very nice picture. Lacked apps. Dark areas of screen were too dark, eliminating shadow details. Sound not too bad.
2. UN55C6300 = Had brighter details due to LED, but terrible flashlighting. Also, two horizontal bands across the set which showed in both dark and light scenes. Despite being brighter, was not as dramatic a picture. Sound not as good as first set.
3. UN55D6000 = Brand new set. Bad pixels. Didn't evaluate it as it went right back.
4. UN55D6000 = Brand new set. Display pretty uniform re: flashlighting. Picture cloudy; not as sharp as last years sets. I think they may have changed the panel, as it seems less reflective, but also conveys less depth. This unit must have had something wrong with the firmware/software, as it had real problems displaying colors in a uniform fashion. Viewing angle significantly worse than 1-3.
5. UN55D6000 (set 3) = VERY uniform panel. So far no dead pixels. Better viewing angle than set #4. Very uniform re: lighting. Samsung must have cut back on the motion processing. No matter what settings I use, I cannot get that "soap opera" look that sets 1 and 2 had. Contrast level and brightness pretty good. Colors are not so hot. Either oversaturated or washed out. Already had a software update the same day I brought it home...

These are just my impressions gained in my quest for the perfect (reasonably priced) set. After the 4th Samsung (or maybe it was more) I nearly traded it for a Sharp. Honestly, IMHO, it's a nice set if you get a good panel. I'm a bit concerned about the set being released to the public in March, and already needing a software upgrade. I'm also disappointed that it's not as clear as the MUCH cheaper UN55C630. I did promise the wife though that I was done playing with TV sets, so I guess I'm stuck with it.

I think my picture is on the "do not sell to this man" list at BB Orlando. The two stores I went to were very accommodating (Thanks Chris and Ted!). BTW, my wife thinks all the sets were fine (except the one with the dead pixels), so your mileage may vary.

Regards,
Joe
post #9 of 27 Old 03-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

^thanks Joe

Do you game any noticeable lag while playing slow/late reaction to buttons being presssed etc?
post #10 of 27 Old 03-21-2011, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdawson View Post

I patiently await that thanks pfbmgd, sure others will appreciate it as well.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1320751

Sorry I posted them in another thread .

After the upgrade I find the Standard setting too dark and the dynamic too bright .I truly suck at setting up TVs .SO I will leave things alone till someone posts their settings .

Family room 40C6300
The Bunker 55D6000
post #11 of 27 Old 03-22-2011, 07:29 PM

I tried my PS3 with Call of Duty with the TV in game mode. There was a very minor lag, but then I'm not used to playing on such a big screen. Prefer PC version of the game, so I'm not the best person to ask.

Still experimenting with settings, but cannot get the clarity that I had with last years L55C630. It's nice, but not great. Guess I'm stuck with it now....

Hope my amateur opinions may help someone.

Joe
post #12 of 27 Old 03-25-2011, 10:23 AM

I purchased the Samsung UN55D6000 yesterday here in Canada. I think I got it for a good price. Two observations:

1) The 6000 requires a dongle from Samsung in order to be connected to wireless - apparently the 6050 has it included. Canadian list price is $120.

2) The component connection is a silly weak looking adaptor that looks more appropriate for an old Nintendo 64. You must connect your component cable to it and then the two pronged mini-adaptor is plugged into the unit. It looks very lame to me.

I have been fiddling with the settings for a few hours and I am not sure that I have anything figured out. It will require a calibration.

A question - does anyone know if I have to specifically select 120hz on this TV or is it the default setting? There are specific motion settings in the Advanced Setting area including a demo mode, but I cannot see where to actually select 120hz? When I look at the display for the panel it shows 60hz. I contacted Samsung and the csr informed me that this was because the cable box is 60hz. Thanks for the help.
post #13 of 27 Old 03-25-2011, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

My both tvs the C and D say 60 from the cable box .still looking for settings .

Family room 40C6300
The Bunker 55D6000
post #14 of 27 Old 03-27-2011, 03:39 PM

does it say what screen is in it? like SD>?
post #15 of 27 Old 03-27-2011, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoV600 View Post
does it say what screen is in it? like SD>?
Not sure what you mean ?

Does anyone know what aftermarket wifi dongles work with Samsung TVs ?

Family room 40C6300
The Bunker 55D6000
post #16 of 27 Old 03-27-2011, 05:16 PM

I don't believe you need to set it to 120 Hz,from my understanding Samsung is correct in that your box is displaying in 60 Hz your TV will process it to 120 Hz

The after market link stinks for internet will not work it has to be Samsung.

For TV setting I don't think their that much different from last year,several people have been happy going off some of the setting found in this thread.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1234875

Ken has good setting here and also squishy tia.
post #17 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 09:39 AM

Thanks for this Rightwing. I have made some headway with this panel, though even after having the Samsung 52" LCD 500 series, I find this a very finicky and daunting TV to deal with.

I understand jbdawson's desire for settings, as there are just too many variables to deal with. The sales staff at Future Shop (Canadian partner of Best Buy) strongly suggests the use of their tech unit to do the calibration. They indicate that the result will be worth the money. I booked the appointment, but they cannot come out for another three weeks, so I may cancel in that time if I can find a comfort level with the TV.

I am noticing light or glare in the dark sections when I sit off centre. I am not sure if this is normal for this unit.
post #18 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder357 View Post

Thanks for this Rightwing. I have made some headway with this panel, though even after having the Samsung 52" LCD 500 series, I find this a very finicky and daunting TV to deal with.

I understand jbdawson's desire for settings, as there are just too many variables to deal with. The sales staff at Future Shop (Canadian partner of Best Buy) strongly suggests the use of their tech unit to do the calibration. They indicate that the result will be worth the money. I booked the appointment, but they cannot come out for another three weeks, so I may cancel in that time if I can find a comfort level with the TV.

I am noticing light or glare in the dark sections when I sit off centre. I am not sure if this is normal for this unit.

Can you post an image?
post #19 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:

I am pretty sure you referring to light and not glare.Any light bleed is magnified once you view off center at least on my TV.Its a shame so many of these TVs have problems and not just Samsung all the big 3.Unfortunately you either have to settle for some kind of defect or have no TV.

I would personally not pay for calibration unless it was a high end model,you can get into a third of the cost just for calibration cause these range of TVs including mine can be found so cheap.
post #20 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 12:41 PM

Thanks Rightwing. You are correct, it is a light bleed. It seems to show only in the bars above and below the picture, which I suppose makes sense. I will try the calibrations offered by Ken and Squishy Tia.

I am not sure how to upload photos to the forum, but if I get something useful I will do a post to ask how. Thanks for the help folks.
post #21 of 27 Old 03-28-2011, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Thanks Rightwing. You are correct, it is a light bleed. It seems to show only in the bars above and below the picture, which I suppose makes sense. I will try the calibrations offered by Ken and Squishy Tia.

I am not sure how to upload photos to the forum, but if I get something useful I will do a post to ask how. Thanks for the help folks.

Photobucket for posting pictures it's free .

Let us know how the settings work . I'm on the road so can't try them myself .

Family room 40C6300
The Bunker 55D6000
post #22 of 27 Old 03-30-2011, 10:04 AM

I used an old version of the DVE DVD - 2003 - and started with the settings that came from the link provided above. I have the following:

Picture Mode: Movie
Backlight: 13 (there is no setting function in DVE for this)
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 48
Sharp: 30
Colour: 51
Tint: G52-R48

Advanced Settings No changes to advanced settings as I have no idea what they are or how to assess them.

Picture Settings
Colour Tone: Warm 1
Auto Motion: Clear
LED Motion Plus: On (I have no idea what this one does, but when I turn it off the picture is much brighter, so I left it on.

All the other settings are at default. We used clear because we are not happy with the "soap opera" look, but we may experiment in time.

Generally I am becoming more accustomed to this unit. I like the crispness of the picture, and it seems to do a good job on both hockey and basketball. I cancelled the professional calibration and will see where we are at over the next 15 days. At the present time it seems pretty good. I have no idea where that panel was made and as it seems the numbering system has changed or is different for Canada, I am not even sure which number it would be!
post #23 of 27 Old 04-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Any owners care to share some new D6000 settings?

contemplating on returning my set but still want to try tweakig settings
post #24 of 27 Old 05-16-2011, 01:41 PM

I bought the D6000 about a week ago. While I'm impressed with all the features, I'm pretty disappointed with the picture. When watching at night, the bleeding from the corners is pretty harsh, clouding in areas. What's worse is it seems the right side of the screen is lighter than the left. This is very apparent when watching SD stuff with the bars on the left and right.

Sorry, I don't have answers, just came to vent.

On the very plus side, I have PS3 media server running in the house and this TV was able to pick it up and all my content is available without the use of my PS3 or another media player.
post #25 of 27 Old 08-02-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerola View Post

I bought the D6000 about a week ago. While I'm impressed with all the features, I'm pretty disappointed with the picture. When watching at night, the bleeding from the corners is pretty harsh, clouding in areas. What's worse is it seems the right side of the screen is lighter than the left. This is very apparent when watching SD stuff with the bars on the left and right.

Sorry, I don't have answers, just came to vent.

On the very plus side, I have PS3 media server running in the house and this TV was able to pick it up and all my content is available without the use of my PS3 or another media player.

Yah, my buddy got the same tv and it bothers both of us. I would of returned it right away, but he has 30 days to decide. I hope he returns it....My first at home look at a edge lit LED and I am not impressed. I didnt think it was gonna be so bad. Makes me reconsider getting an LED tv, unless I get a Full array.
post #26 of 27 Old 08-16-2011, 09:50 PM

I've returned my D6000 because of the edge bleeding as well. Luckily traded up to an LG 55LW6500 for no extra cost. Keeping my fingers crossed.
post #27 of 27 Old 09-07-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:

I just bought the UN55D6000 set .I did a search and can`t find the settings for it .I know I did a search and found the settings for our 40C6300 .The settings I found really made a difference .Can anyone help with this set or is it too new .

Hi, I just picked up my new TV this weekend. Did you receive any help in setting upo the color. I have no idea what is or how to use meters or Cds to calebrate the screen and I hope someone replied to you with the settings.

Thnak You,

Wes
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black 2011 Model , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page