Vizio 65"3D Or Samsung 55" 3D - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-10-2011, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone, Ok i am getting ready to buy my first Led 3D TV, but i am not sure if i should go with the Vizio XVT3D650SV" 3d Led from amazon, or the Samsung UN55D7000LFXZA from sears, I am going to buy one of these tv this weekend, but not sure what would be the best buy. I currently have a samsung 50" 3d Plasma in my bedroom with 4 glasses, and a vizio led 55" in my living room. I want a big 3d tv im my living room at least 55" so i am selling my vizio to my brother. The vizio and the samsung both have 3d, but one is passive and one is active. I just wanted to know if any one owns any of these 2 tv's and how you like them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2011, 12:20 PM

just checked out the samsung un55d7000lfxza setup today at worstbuy... if you care about thin bezel and thin profile its pretty sweet looking... would be an awesome set up if you have inwall speakers and wall mount with in wall wiring. HIGH WAF... would look just like a window on the wall... however, dont know how you feel about the LED 240hz... I REALLY dislike it. it IS really sharp and colors were good, good black levels, but x-men origins wolverine bluray (non-3D) was on and i was questioning if it was the same movie or a soap opera

the 65" Vizio was set up in the big C-box store with Alice bluray (non 3-D). I was a little underwhelmed by the picture quality because of the horrible lighting/picture settings. wonder how much better it would look after tweaking? (im sure a lot). anyways, its 120hz and did not have that soap opera feel to it. The style is also not as nice as the samsung, but its pretty thin if that matters to you.

i'm coming from a 42" inch old school (?4 year old) panasonic plasma FYI... like good picture/black levels but not a pro by any means. I probably am going to wait for the 65" Panasonic GT series

p.s. do a search for the passive vs active 3D.. im more inclined to lean towards the passive from what ive been reading, but i'd want to watch something in passive 3D before i make a decision... however i dont really care about 3D anyways. check out the official vizio 65" thread

p.s.s. anyone know if the 240hz property can be turned off for movie viewing? thanks
Old 03-10-2011, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Guavamanh, I just went to abc warehouse, and seen the samsung 8000 set up, They will be getting some 7000's next week. it was very nice, the remote control was very cool looking,I love the full screen looks very nice.I also noticed that to change channels it was right on the screen really sweet! but i spoke to the sales rep, and he told me that my 50" samsung plasma 3d glasses will not work with the new samsung.I will have to get new ones. Bummer!