Official Samsung UNXXD6000 Owners' Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 3068 Old 04-17-2011, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been reading the posts from the beginning of this thread and I do have a question. Given the superior ability of the folks on these forums to ferret out the panel types used by Samsung - and also knowing that Samsung personnel surf these forums for comments that they may be changing their whole approach to designating their panels - such as putting the same panel number on every display model? I own the H301 Panel on my UN55D6000 display I purchased at Future Shop here in Canada three weeks ago and I have not seen any other panel numbers there. The only number that has surfaced in this forum is H302.

My response on the store warranties is to make sure you understand them completely. I just had the Future Shop replace my Yamaha HTR 6190 with a Pioneer VSX 1325. The FS ideal is they will replace the model with one of equivalent value and equal or superior features. If you have paid full retail this will not be an issue, but if you buy say Black Friday or Boxing Day then you may find yourself with a problem as the store will try to find you an equal value unit, but if they cannot match the features for the price you paid they will offer a gift card in the amount of the original purchase price toward a replacement. They will not give you your money back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 3068 Old 04-17-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakattk View Post

I have an off tiopic question. I see that some have purchased thier tvs at Best Buy. I have always heard bad things about store warranties, so I did not get the black tie protection. I went in yesterday and they were trying to get me to still get it saying if anything happpens in 4 years I can get a new tv even if it is a newer model. It is $400 for the protection. Anyone know if it is worth it or is it like they used to be all a waste?

Hi, Nakattk,

When we bought our LN52A750 at Best Buy in May 2008 I had researched the set on this forum and determined that the 4-yr. protection plan at $400 was a no brainer. In October 2010 the set exhibited the "dreaded click of death" so I called the Best Buy folks, described the problem, and they went in search of a technician to repair the set. It took them four or five days to find a repair service because we are in a rural area in a town of 555 (but we can take a town of 600 in a fair fight ... ). The guy had a 150 mile round trip to pick the set up and take it to his shop, another 150 mile round trip to return it after the replacement of the faulty capacitors and the total cost to us over and above the price of the plan was $0.

While the 750 was down we purchased a UN55C6500 to replace it and I made sure we got the plan on it, as well.

When the 750 was back from the shop I got it in my area which was a nice upgrade for me ...

A week and a half ago the power supply died on the 750 and it should be returned in the next few days. Again, the repairs will be at no additional. I figure the plan has paid for itself and it's saved me a lot of hassle.

I'm now in the process of researching 40"-46" models to replace the UN55C6500 as my mother has low vision and has recently been fitted with telescopic glasses that allow here to see (for the first time in 11 years), but the 55" is too big for the glasses to be effective. The 6000 series seems to meet the needs, especially if 40" size works the best for her. When we do purchase a set we will get the protection plan, without a doubt.

Hope this helps.

OldAKGuy
post #273 of 3068 Old 04-17-2011, 01:10 PM

Thanks to all those who posted calibration settings on this link. I was very unhappy with the 1970s "Soap Opera" aspect of the picture for my new 6900 until I followed the advise on this thread. Much appreciated!
post #274 of 3068 Old 04-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by philaseller View Post

Thanks to all those who posted calibration settings on this link. I was very unhappy with the 1970s "Soap Opera" aspect of the picture for my new 6900 until I followed the advise on this thread. Much appreciated!

Which settings did you use - can we get some more people to post there's?

While I am waiting on a replacement still interested in settings to tweak
post #275 of 3068 Old 04-17-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetic758 View Post

Just an FYI, I went over to best buy to get a pair of 3D glasses just to see what this whole 3D thing was all about. The cheapest model compatible with the 2011 sets was $129.99. To my surprise, when the cashier rang it up, it was actually $49.99. Samsung did mention that they planned on providing cheaper 3D glasses in response to the new 3D sets that used cheaper, non-active glasses. Guess they just decided to reduce the price of existing stock as well.

Yeap, $49.99, just bought mine yesterday... SSG-3100GB

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
- ARRX18G Remote w/ RF extender
- WDTV Live+ (5TB and growing)
post #276 of 3068 Old 04-18-2011, 07:22 AM

I relied mostly on JPCarl, posted 4/13 at 1.30pm, and then tweaked them a bit mostly because the picture seemed a little soft.
I am experiencing some clouding, but am hoping that it will settle down after running the set for a while, as that seems to be a common experience.
post #277 of 3068 Old 04-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

^I see yea I was using a mixture of his and cnets settings

Can somebody please do me a huge favor, and take a picture of the Hdmi inputs on the back? I've sent mine off for replacement but want to order some Hdmi adapters need to see if flat side is facing toward tv or away
post #278 of 3068 Old 04-18-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philaseller View Post

I relied mostly on JPCarl, posted 4/13 at 1.30pm, and then tweaked them a bit mostly because the picture seemed a little soft.
I am experiencing some clouding, but am hoping that it will settle down after running the set for a while, as that seems to be a common experience.

I agree with your statement that the picture seems soft. Mind posting your changes so I could try them out?
post #279 of 3068 Old 04-18-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldAKGuy View Post

Hi, Nakattk,

When we bought our LN52A750 at Best Buy in May 2008 I had researched the set on this forum and determined that the 4-yr. protection plan at $400 was a no brainer. In October 2010 the set exhibited the "dreaded click of death" so I called the Best Buy folks, described the problem, and they went in search of a technician to repair the set. It took them four or five days to find a repair service because we are in a rural area in a town of 555 (but we can take a town of 600 in a fair fight ... ). The guy had a 150 mile round trip to pick the set up and take it to his shop, another 150 mile round trip to return it after the replacement of the faulty capacitors and the total cost to us over and above the price of the plan was $0.

While the 750 was down we purchased a UN55C6500 to replace it and I made sure we got the plan on it, as well.

When the 750 was back from the shop I got it in my area which was a nice upgrade for me ...

A week and a half ago the power supply died on the 750 and it should be returned in the next few days. Again, the repairs will be at no additional. I figure the plan has paid for itself and it's saved me a lot of hassle.

I'm now in the process of researching 40"-46" models to replace the UN55C6500 as my mother has low vision and has recently been fitted with telescopic glasses that allow here to see (for the first time in 11 years), but the 55" is too big for the glasses to be effective. The 6000 series seems to meet the needs, especially if 40" size works the best for her. When we do purchase a set we will get the protection plan, without a doubt.

Hope this helps.

OldAKGuy

Thanks for the reply. I am planning to going back and buying the plan just incase. I know its $400 but I have read alot about different problems that could arise, and I will feel safer if I have it.
post #280 of 3068 Old 04-18-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakattk View Post

Thanks for the reply. I am planning to going back and buying the plan just incase. I know its $400 but I have read alot about different problems that could arise, and I will feel safer if I have it.

Hi, Nakattk,

No problem.

Enjoy your set!

OldAKGuy
post #281 of 3068 Old 04-19-2011, 01:29 AM

Liked: 11
Hi guys can someone kindly tell me the difference beween the un46d6400 and the un46d6900,. Thanks
post #282 of 3068 Old 04-19-2011, 06:21 AM

Looking at the 46" D6000 right now as my old Samsung LCD is going on 5 1/2 years now. Question I have regards the size of the box, as I want to make sure I can fit it in the back of my car. Would anyone with a 46" box be able to tell me the dimensions?
post #283 of 3068 Old 04-19-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETERNIA FOREVER View Post

Hi guys can someone kindly tell me the difference beween the un46d6400 and the un46d6900,. Thanks

The D6900 is Best Buy version of the D6500 but w/ micro dimming , web browser , built in wifi, and double the contrast ratio of the D6400

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
post #284 of 3068 Old 04-19-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eortizr View Post

The D6900 is Best Buy version of the D6500 but w/ micro dimming , web browser , built in wifi, and double the contrast ratio of the D6400

Thanks very much eortizr
post #285 of 3068 Old 04-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eortizr View Post

Don't be fooled by those contrast numbers. Samsung (and Sony and LG and anybody else using Dynamic Contrast Ratios) get their numbers by dividing by zero. On a calculator or computer you get an error with that division. With the human brain you can make up any number you want using that division. Unfortunately it is worth jack all in the real world.

When a Priest says they're going to Flash you, it isn't for healing.

post #286 of 3068 Old 04-19-2011, 10:34 AM

I have the 6050 that's about 2 weeks old now. It's pretty much stock still except I changed to backlight to 10. I still haven't had time to tune it up.

I have noticed HORRIBLE motion problems whenever my wife watches shows on ABC, most notably Desperate Housewives, Cougar Town, and Dancing with the Stars. Cougar Town last night was unwatchable it was so distracting.

We are getting our broadcast from Directv via a HDR-20 hi def DVR connected to the Sammy with HDMI. The HDMI cable is a Best Buy generic brand.

I don't notice this with any other channel, and even when playing Call of Duty Black Ops on the Xbox, there rarely any motion or blur issues.

Has anyone else had any problems with ABC?

Should I try changing out the HDMI cable?

Or do I need to tune the TV and turn off the Motion setting?

My wife is starting to hate this TV because of these shows alone.

Thanks
post #287 of 3068 Old 04-19-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post

I have the 6050 that's about 2 weeks old now. It's pretty much stock still except I changed to backlight to 10. I still haven't had time to tune it up.

I have noticed HORRIBLE motion problems whenever my wife watches shows on ABC, most notably Desperate Housewives, Cougar Town, and Dancing with the Stars. Cougar Town last night was unwatchable it was so distracting.

We are getting our broadcast from Directv via a HDR-20 hi def DVR connected to the Sammy with HDMI. The HDMI cable is a Best Buy generic brand.

I don't notice this with any other channel, and even when playing Call of Duty Black Ops on the Xbox, there rarely any motion or blur issues.

Thanks

Just set the Motion Plus settings to custom - Blur = 10 Judder = 2

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
post #288 of 3068 Old 04-19-2011, 08:56 PM

I have the 46'' model and am using the cnet settings. The settings are great, the picture looks great, but I'm having some problems with motion.

When I play videos through the smart hub, I can no longer press 'info' on the remote to see the refresh rate on screen; instead it just brings up the playback toolbar. Automotion plus is set to custom, with judder=0 and blur=10, and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting proper 24p playback (though it isn't quite soap opera-looking).

Does anyone know how I can enable it or check if it is enabled while using the smart hub?
post #289 of 3068 Old 04-19-2011, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASKOAA View Post

Theres nothing wrong with liking that effect. Let the man enjoy it. Choices are awesome.

Well Said
post #290 of 3068 Old 04-20-2011, 06:41 AM

Hey! Anybody here having the problem with web-browser after latest update? I just got UE46D6570 yesterday, updated it, also the Smart Hub updated itself. Now web-browser is not working, all other web applications works fine, but web browser just continues to show the running circle, after some time it blinks with tv channel, and running circle appears again... occasionally it starts after a 2-10 minutes, but 95% of instances the running circle just hangs there...

ps. how quickly browser usually starts on your tv? does it lag druing menu navigation?
post #291 of 3068 Old 04-20-2011, 07:47 AM

Deciding between the D6000 and D6300. Price difference of $160 for a web browser seems ridiculous. The D6300 doesn't come with QWERTY remote so what are people using to type - the remote? That seems painful. How has the browser performed? Other than simple web surfing or a google search what else has the browser been used for? Has anyone been able to stream video from youtube or with it? Any other thoughts?
post #292 of 3068 Old 04-20-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemny1 View Post

Deciding between the D6000 and D6300. Price difference of $160 for a web browser seems ridiculous. The D6300 doesn't come with QWERTY remote so what are people using to type - the remote? That seems painful. How has the browser performed? Other than simple web surfing or a google search what else has the browser been used for? Has anyone been able to stream video from youtube or with it? Any other thoughts?

I was initially pretty stoked about the qwerty remote. Its just a nicer, sturdier feeling remote. But, in all honesty, I rarely used the qwerty side of it unless I was using the web-browser. Regarding the web browser, it's fairly quick on loading simple pages, but once you try to load a site with a bunch of content on it, it will most definitely start to lag. I've used it 2 times during the time I had the set (about a month). Typing with the standard remote is pretty painful.
post #293 of 3068 Old 04-20-2011, 09:19 AM

kinetic758
Quote:

I've used it 2 times during the time I had the set (about a month). Typing with the standard remote is pretty painful.

Does your web browser work fine after 1006 and smart hub updates?
post #294 of 3068 Old 04-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks

I've noticed the same thing with certain programming as well mainly sports, hard to tell what exactly it is. Is it the AMP settings, is it just the tv itself, is it the size going from a 46" to 55" where every little detail is just more noticeable now? who knows

I did try setting AMP to 10-2 also 10-5 like I saw someone suggest and even completely off but there are still times when the screen is a juddered mess. The only AMP setting where picture appears okay is when its set to clear.
post #295 of 3068 Old 04-20-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudja View Post

kinetic758

Does your web browser work fine after 1006 and smart hub updates?

Unfortunately, I returned the set before I could do the update.
post #296 of 3068 Old 04-20-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdawson View Post

I've noticed the same thing with certain programming as well mainly sports, hard to tell what exactly it is. Is it the AMP settings, is it just the tv itself, is it the size going from a 46" to 55" where every little detail is just more noticeable now? who knows

I did try setting AMP to 10-2 also 10-5 like I saw someone suggest and even completely off but there are still times when the screen is a juddered mess. The only AMP setting where picture appears okay is when its set to clear.

I'm going to try the AMP settings tonight and watch ABC before/after to see if I notice any changes.

I am having difficulty describing what happens. I understand in sports and some fast scenes there might be a studder or pixelation on a part of the screen at times. But what I am seeing on these ABC programs are almost "pauses" of the entire picture and then it catches up. Its really weird. So far we haven't noticed it on any other channel, Xbox or Blu-Ray.
post #297 of 3068 Old 04-20-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemny1 View Post

I had the 6300 for a couple of days, the web browser is good for light browsing and for typing if you have an iphone or android phone, you can download the free samsung remote app and use your phone as a remote and qwerty keyboard.

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
post #298 of 3068 Old 04-20-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:

I'm going to try the AMP settings tonight and watch ABC before/after to see if I notice any changes.

I am having difficulty describing what happens. I understand in sports and some fast scenes there might be a studder or pixelation on a part of the screen at times. But what I am seeing on these ABC programs are almost "pauses" of the entire picture and then it catches up. Its really weird. So far we haven't noticed it on any other channel, Xbox or Blu-Ray.

I don't have this tv, but I have had a couple of tvs that have had trouble with abc because abc uses some kind of video compression that takes out frames, and it messes up the 120hz processing or something. If you can't fix it with AMP settings, try turning on game mode and then see what it looks like.
post #299 of 3068 Old 04-20-2011, 04:03 PM

One question. On my 55D6300, I have set it to "Natural" with some tweaks to Brightness (45) & Color (47) and the result is excellent. Didn't touch any thing else. Anyone tried it?

I feel that the picture Quality has improved that I have it on for > 2 weeks. I know Plasmas PQ improves after 100 hours. I don't believe LEDs have that but I & my wife both feel the PQ has improved over the last week.
post #300 of 3068 Old 04-20-2011, 04:44 PM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

... I am having difficulty describing what happens. I understand in sports and some fast scenes there might be a studder or pixelation on a part of the screen at times. But what I am seeing on these ABC programs are almost "pauses" of the entire picture and then it catches up. Its really weird. So far we haven't noticed it on any other channel, Xbox or Blu-Ray.

If blur and judder don't do it, here are some thoughts. It sounds like it's the ABC source your DirectTV is relaying. Is there a thread here on DirectTV? You might check to see if there are other complaints.

Also, ABC is broadcast at 720p. I think FoxHD and ESPNHD are also. Did you notice it on those stations?

If your DirectTV box sends out the "native" signal, that would require your TV to upconvert ABCs 720p to 1080i. Maybe you could switch the box to send everything out at 1080i and see if that makes a difference. Or, vice versa, DirectTV doing the conversion could be the problem. Hope this helps.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un40d6000 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un46d6000 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un60d6000 60 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black 2011 Model , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page