Official Samsung UNXXD6000 Owners' Thread - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 3068 Old 03-22-2011, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently purchased a UN40D6000, and I think is a great set. I have a question, however-

Is this a Edge lit LED set with local dimming?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 3068 Old 03-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I finally got to see this set at my local Sears and was definitely impressed. The appearance as far as bezel and how thin it is was sexy, while not as thin as the 7000 and up it still is a small frame. As far as PQ it looked great the colors were nice and rich they really pop at you. And whites were very white and blacks were pitch black dark. I didn't get to mess with settings assuming it was on dynamic torch mode I still didn't notice any clouding on dark scenes or flashlights of any kind. I can imagine blu ray looking 10x better.

Overall was impressed looking to purchase this set most likely. The only thing I want to hear more opinions about is gaming lag.
post #33 of 3068 Old 03-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdawson View Post

I finally got to see this set at my local Sears and was definitely impressed. The appearance as far as bezel and how thin it is was sexy, while not as thin as the 7000 and up it still is a small frame. As far as PQ it looked great the colors were nice and rich they really pop at you. And whites were very white and blacks were pitch black dark. I didn't get to mess with settings assuming it was on dynamic torch mode I still didn't notice any clouding on dark scenes or flashlights of any kind. I can imagine blu ray looking 10x better.

Overall was impressed looking to purchase this set most likely. The only thing I want to hear more opinions about is gaming lag.

You wont notice clouding in a bright store. I got rid of most of the clouding by turning the backlight down at home. The input lag was very small and didn't effect me playing Duty but in the end I took it back the new Panasonic ST30 b/c the Sammy like alot of LED's has trailing from slow pixel response time. It was really bad in darker games like Condemned were if you turn everything just became blurry as hell.
post #34 of 3068 Old 03-23-2011, 08:18 PM

I was at BB and Sears last night and I could see the flash lighting on the D6000 even with the lights on ,I also saw a D6300 from waist high and was looking it over and noticed from the side view when you looked down the top about the last 6" it was warped towards the back.It's no wonder the new series prices are already falling drastically.
post #35 of 3068 Old 03-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightwing View Post

I was at BB and Sears last night and I could see the flash lighting on the D6000 even with the lights on ,I also saw a D6300 from waist high and was looking it over and noticed from the side view when you looked down the top about the last 6" it was warped towards the back.It's no wonder the new series prices are already falling drastically.

I didnt notice any of that, what is this "warped" look you talk about?
post #36 of 3068 Old 03-24-2011, 12:55 PM

The very top of the unit,the plastic frame that runs the length of the TV.
post #37 of 3068 Old 03-24-2011, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

I saw the D6400 side by side with the D7000. Wouldn't have known which is a superior model just by looking at the picture.
post #38 of 3068 Old 03-25-2011, 08:05 PM

Back when the Samsung "D" series was being released, a few people were curious if the clear or silver outer edge of the bezel could simply be removed for space or aesthetic reasons. Well, I am here to confirm that it can NOT be removed without of course doing major surgery to the backing on the set. I too thought maybe it might be held in with some screws. However, that plastic on the outer edge of the bezel (clear or silver) is molded to the large black panel framing the back of the TV. You would run the risk of cracking the entire backing unless you didn't mind doing permanent surgery to your set. I for one love the bezel on the 6000 series. I don't like the silver bezel as much on the 7000 or 8000 models. Either way I wouldn't advise attempting to do this. It might hurt the resale value too

http://flic.kr/p/9tkvwu

http://flic.kr/p/9thxz2

http://flic.kr/p/9thxCn

http://flic.kr/p/9tkvrE
post #39 of 3068 Old 03-26-2011, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

You like the bezel and you still tinker with it? Cool I like the set's look and feel too. I basically took the box under my arm and walked out the store with it. For a 46" that's some engineering. I see D7000 owners complaining about flashlighting too so I'm less inclined to complain since most of the time I'm very pleased with the picture. I'm mostly watching SD.
post #40 of 3068 Old 03-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili99 View Post

You like the bezel and you still tinker with it? Cool I like the set's look and feel too. I basically took the box under my arm and walked out the store with it. For a 46" that's some engineering. I see D7000 owners complaining about flashlighting too so I'm less inclined to complain since most of the time I'm very pleased with the picture. I'm mostly watching SD.

So are you saying flashlighting is noticeable, but since the 7000 has it you figure what the heck? Ha

Overall do you guys think this D6000 is a nice upgrade from last years same model spec wise, say from the C6000 or C6500?
post #41 of 3068 Old 03-26-2011, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdawson View Post

So are you saying flashlighting is noticeable, but since the 7000 has it you figure what the heck? Ha

No, not at all. It is noticeable in some scenes under certain lighting conditions and settings. It's a very nice TV and actually quite pricey for most sane people. I did not notice any warping and the price is still the same. That will of course change. One other issue I've noticed is a few odd sparklies. This has changed after I moved the cable but it has not completely gone away.
post #42 of 3068 Old 03-28-2011, 09:10 PM

Anyone have any decent settings for the UN40D6000?

Thank you
post #43 of 3068 Old 03-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

No, not at all. It is noticeable in some scenes under certain lighting conditions and settings. It's a very nice TV and actually quite pricey for most sane people. I did not notice any warping and the price is still the same. That will of course change. One other issue I've noticed is a few odd sparklies. This has changed after I moved the cable but it has not completely gone away.

I see well that isn't to bad it's expected from an LCD I guess....as far as colors how are they, vibrant, blacks really black whites white etc? It looked good to me in person on display as far as I could tell looked a lot better than last years similar model.
post #44 of 3068 Old 03-28-2011, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Turned off all post processing and sharpness. This got rid of all the sparklies. Some white dots are old movie mpeg artifacts. It's more than just an LCD. This Samsung sips power. No buzzing, you don't have to babysit this TV. The colors are vibrant, the blacks are Samsung blacks
post #45 of 3068 Old 03-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Turned off all post processing and sharpness. This got rid of all the sparklies. Some white dots are old movie mpeg artifacts. It's more than just an LCD. This Samsung sips power. No buzzing, you don't have to babysit this TV. The colors are vibrant, the blacks are Samsung blacks

That is great to know now here's to hopefully getting this set by end of the month. I'm waiting for the perfect price.
post #46 of 3068 Old 03-29-2011, 03:23 PM

Can someone with a UNXXD6000 or UNXXD6050 confirm that this set still suffer from corner flashlighting and clouding. For clouding, you might not see it at first but once the set warms up, you will notice it.

Please view this in completely dark room. Any flashlighting should stand out like a corner stage light, especially with letterbox material. Clouding can be seen during scene changes or dark scene.

I have 6 more days left to exchange my UN46C6400. Some flashlighting and clouding that is only visible after I turn the TV on for an hour or so.
post #47 of 3068 Old 03-29-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post

Can someone with a UNXXD6000 or UNXXD6050 confirm that this set still suffer from corner flashlighting and clouding. For clouding, you might not see it at first but once the set warms up, you will notice it.

Please view this in completely dark room. Any flashlighting should stand out like a corner stage light, especially with letterbox material. Clouding can be seen during scene changes or dark scene.

I have 6 more days left to exchange my UN46C6400. Some flashlighting and clouding that is only visible after I turn the TV on for an hour or so.

I've had the set for 3 weeks now and have no clouding at all, and I"ve watched many movies late at night in a lightless room on this set.

I do have slight flashlighting in the 4 corners, but that has been minimized by setting the backlight to 10. With the set calibrated with my WOW disc, it looks great.

I notice the flashlighting watching letterboxed material in a dark room for a few minutes, but after 3-4 minutes or so, I don't really notice it unless looking at the edges.

I would say that, as long as you get a properly sized set for your seating distance, it's a great set, especially for the price. If you plan to get a 0" set and still sit 10' away, you would be better off looking elsewhere, and spending a lot more money on a higher end set. That, or buy a plasma and be viewing it in a light controlled room.
post #48 of 3068 Old 03-29-2011, 06:40 PM

Hi all,

I recently bought a samsung plasma, the 51in d550, from amazon (my first plasma). Long story short, the glare with any sun is terrible and am returning it. I was coming from a Vizio 09 ccfl LCD, so maybe it seemed even worse, but there were basically sun spots on the TV, thanks to one ray of sunlight.

So now I'm looking into 46in LED LCDs. Debating between the d6000 and d6400. Obviously I like the 6000's price point better, but that 6400 bezel is sexy. I'll never use 3d, so I probably need to save my money and go with the 6000. Are there any other factors I'm forgetting about? How has yall's glare been?

Thanks!
post #49 of 3068 Old 03-30-2011, 01:04 AM

Anybody with the D6000 mind sharing what panel you got?

I ordered a UN55C6300 off Amazon about a couple weeks ago and am still waiting on delivery. Read some of the horror stories on another thread about the panel lottery with the flashlighting, clouding issues, and the bad viewing angles of the C panels. I hope I'll be happy with the C6300, but if I find it has too many problems I might exchange it for a UN55D6000 if it comes to that. It's only about $200 more right now.

I'm wondering if the 2011 models seem to have fewer issues?
post #50 of 3068 Old 03-30-2011, 06:46 AM

Liked: 11
I have had a un46d6000 for a couple of weeks and here are my observations:

Great color! Blacks are very black and whites are brilliant. The reds are a little too brilliant but that's where a little tweaking comes into pla. My other Samsung is a LN52A650 which has an amazing picture and the d6000 easily blows it away.

Apps are great but sometimes I have experienced major lag in load times and connection times. I am using a Rosewill wireless USB adapter for the connectivity. I have noticed you have to give the TV a chance to connect (wait a minutes or so) after power-on before jumping in the apps or you might sit for awhile waiting for the app to load. Of course, any lag in connection could be my adapter so this may not be the TV at all.

The flashlighting is noticeable only in very specific lighting conditions, but it is there. So far this has not affected my viewing pleasure one bit.

The ultra clear screen has proven to be a good compromise for Samsung. It still reflects light sources but only when there are a lot of black pixels in the scene. My TV is in a living room with LOTS of light and I don't notice the reflections 99% of the time.

One weird thing I have noticed - the audio seems to lower in overall volume periodically, right in the middle of a show. I have Directv for the source, but the TV this one replaced (LNT4661) did not experience the sound issues. I turned off the volume leveler but it didn't seem to help. Anyone else having this problem?

Overall awesome TV for the money.
post #51 of 3068 Old 03-30-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkwithpower View Post

I have had a un46d6000 for a couple of weeks and here are my observations:

Great color! Blacks are very black and whites are brilliant. The reds are a little too brilliant but that's where a little tweaking comes into pla. My other Samsung is a LN52A650 which has an amazing picture and the d6000 easily blows it away.

Apps are great but sometimes I have experienced major lag in load times and connection times. I am using a Rosewill wireless USB adapter for the connectivity. I have noticed you have to give the TV a chance to connect (wait a minutes or so) after power-on before jumping in the apps or you might sit for awhile waiting for the app to load. Of course, any lag in connection could be my adapter so this may not be the TV at all.

The flashlighting is noticeable only in very specific lighting conditions, but it is there. So far this has not affected my viewing pleasure one bit.

The ultra clear screen has proven to be a good compromise for Samsung. It still reflects light sources but only when there are a lot of black pixels in the scene. My TV is in a living room with LOTS of light and I don't notice the reflections 99% of the time.

One weird thing I have noticed - the audio seems to lower in overall volume periodically, right in the middle of a show. I have Directv for the source, but the TV this one replaced (LNT4661) did not experience the sound issues. I turned off the volume leveler but it didn't seem to help. Anyone else having this problem?

Overall awesome TV for the money.

Nice review. I can never figure out the deal with TV audio. I assume most of the time it's the cable/sat providers fault. And the variation between commercials and shows.

After my experience with the plasma d550 reflection/glare, that's a big concern for me.
post #52 of 3068 Old 03-30-2011, 12:56 PM

Been on a B&M store frenzy last few weeks and the D6000 has just arrived recently in shops like Best Buy and Future Shop here. I am pretty much set on this being the one to get.

A question about the PiP, is it relegated to uselessness by only doing PC or analog input or something similar, or can one use it with HDMI as well?
post #53 of 3068 Old 03-30-2011, 01:09 PM

Will any other wireless adapter be compatible with the set, besides the pricey samsung linkstick? I just want to confirm before I go ahead and get the samsung one...
post #54 of 3068 Old 03-30-2011, 01:15 PM

I have read that the RNX-N1 is compatible . But the write up is a few months old . Not sure if it works with the new TVs .

Family room 40C6300
The Bunker 55D6000
post #55 of 3068 Old 03-30-2011, 04:07 PM

Where are all the 6000 owners? Enjoying their TVs I guess. The plasma threads I was following are really active (prob a sign I should've noted before buying). Can we get some picture settings, setup photos, something... Please!
post #56 of 3068 Old 03-30-2011, 05:30 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfbmgd View Post

I have read that the RNX-N1 is compatible . But the write up is a few months old . Not sure if it works with the new TVs .

It works...this is the one I am using.
post #57 of 3068 Old 03-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Advanced Member

Guys how do these apps and online work, is it possible to browse online google etc? I imagine it'd take some kind of wireless keyboard

Or is it just specific pre filled apps only
post #58 of 3068 Old 03-30-2011, 07:22 PM

im just about to buy the D6400 i just sold my LNC630 i hope its a big upgrade
post #59 of 3068 Old 03-30-2011, 07:27 PM

Just wondering how the picture quality of the D models compare to last years C models. Specifically the un55c6500. Has anyone owned both sets and care to share??

Thanks.
post #60 of 3068 Old 03-30-2011, 07:38 PM

Hope that they improved the input lag for gaming. Samsungs have been the worst the last couple of years.

http://www.cheaptvtelevisions.com/
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un40d6000 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un46d6000 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un60d6000 60 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black 2011 Model , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page