Official Samsung UNXXD6000 Owners' Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 3068 Old 07-17-2011, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Two questions: What is the difference between the D6000 and the D6300, had to tell from spec sheet? How important is the distance on sides and top as shown in the manual if TV is in a cabinet? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 3068 Old 07-17-2011, 09:41 AM

I have all my dvds burned onto my computer hdd. I want to take them off and put them onto an external hdd. Would it be better to use a network storage drive like the WD my book live and stream via my router, or get wd my book with usb and just plug it into the tv's usb port? Or is there a better option? I have the un55d6900 tv.
post #723 of 3068 Old 07-17-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightrope View Post

I use the CNET settings, and they work very well for movie watching. You should give it a try

thanks man these are great.
post #724 of 3068 Old 07-17-2011, 11:24 AM

Anyone know how to label the source inputs on a UN40D6000S? I have spent the last hour checking menus, reading the "manual" and googling...but no luck so far.

TIA.
post #725 of 3068 Old 07-17-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post

Anyone know how to label the source inputs on a UN40D6000S? I have spent the last hour checking menus, reading the "manual" and googling...but no luck so far.

TIA.

From message 446 earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver
Has anyone figured out if you can rename the inputs on the 6050?

Thanks!
Not sure if this had already been answered...

On the remote, press Source to bring up the source menu. Highlight the source for which to wish to change the name, and press Tools. This will bring up another menu with a number of different names to choose from (e.g. Satellite, Game, DVD, BD, etc.). Select the desired name and press enter/select.

I did the above on my d6000 and it worked.
post #726 of 3068 Old 07-17-2011, 02:54 PM

I have UE32D6000 Led model.
Is it possible to access with this TV local network resources, like Window PC network or a shared LinuX TV box? How to set up local network access???
Manual doesn't mention a word about it:-(

Thanks!
post #727 of 3068 Old 07-17-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlii View Post

From message 446 earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver
Has anyone figured out if you can rename the inputs on the 6050?

Thanks!
Not sure if this had already been answered...

On the remote, press Source to bring up the source menu. Highlight the source for which to wish to change the name, and press Tools. This will bring up another menu with a number of different names to choose from (e.g. Satellite, Game, DVD, BD, etc.). Select the desired name and press enter/select.

I did the above on my d6000 and it worked.

Thanks! Actually, I found it by accident a little while ago. Not very intuitive. In fact, the least intuitive way to change it vs any other TV that I have ever owned in the last 15 years...and I have two other Samsung flat panels in the house at the moment.

That said, now that I know how to change the source name, I am incredibly disappointed with the options. I cannot believe that it is 2011 and I still cannot:

1) Type any name that I want for the source name

2) Disable/delete the internal TV tuner source

Seriously, what percentage of people use that TV tuner source, vs a cable/FIOS box, a satellite box, or some other STB? Do you know how many times someone in my family tells me that the TV isn't working because they have selected the TV source instead of the input for the FIOS STB. Wouldn't it be nice if we could actually disable the tuner source and type "FIOS" for the name of the input of one of the HDMI inputs...instead of having to settle for one of the predefined names?

Well, I suppose we are stuck with the predefined set, but wouldn't it be nice if that set was halfway decent and reflected current devices? One Game label? What if I have a Wii and a PS3 and/or XBox? And what is up with no predefined name for "streamers" at the very least. What the heck shall I label my Roku? None of the choices are even close.

I suppose that we could try using the TV's apps instead of the Roku, but we like the Roku interface AND the Roku ships with a wireless capability...and buying the wireless adapter for my D6000 would cost more than our Roku.

Okay, rant over. Thanks again...much!

cheers,
Scuba
post #728 of 3068 Old 07-17-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

Hdtec, when you playing an MKV with DTS through the USB, the optical SPDIF output in the audio menu should give you a choice of PCM or DTS - at least it did for me. I am anxious to hear if you have any luck getting DTS output because I am just about to order a new receiver and it would be nice if I could actually get surround out of this tv. The mind boggles if you can't, because for the money spent on this tv, and considering that it has both ARC and optical output, I think it will be the final straw if I can't get DTS from an MKV. Why support MKV playback if it only outputs stereo? It's already bad enough that it can't read subtitles from MKVs - something I would image should be very easy to fix in a firmware upgrade if they actually cared enough to bother.

At this point I'll take DTS over ARC or optical, just please tell me that one or the other works. If not, I'll be convinced that Samsung is totally out to lunch.

I set things up over the weekend and tried some videos. This was all done over DLNA with Serviio on my PC, but I'm sure it would be similar from USB. To use ARC, I had to enable it on my receiver and enable Anynet+ receiver control on the TV. At that point I could choose DTS from the sound menu and it did indeed output 5.1 surround correctly. However, the receiver didn't say DTS or anything like that on it...it just enabled the icons for all the speakers and I could tell by listening it was 5.1. The sound quality was excellent.

There are quirks, however. When I quit the video and tried to play another, the TV did not automatically switch the receiver to the right source for ARC like it did when I first enabled Anynet+ receiver control. I had to switch the input that I had assigned to ARC on the receiver myself. Not a big deal. However, the next time I turned the TV on, the receiver was still on the ARC audio input, and Anynet+ receiver control was back off. I had to switch the receiver back to HDMI1 and re-enable receiver control on the TV to get audio working again. Our FiOS remote also stopped working a couple times until we turned off/back on the STB and I'm not sure if that was related to this. Also, with Anynet+ receiver control enabled, the volume buttons bring up this really ugly and laggy Anynet+ volume OSD. If these issues can't be resolved I may resort to an optical cable for my DLNA audio and disable Anynet+, however then I would lose automatic on/off of the receiver, and I'm really not sure I want to spend $80-$100 on a Harmony remote.

Finally, I played another file tonight and forgot to switch the sound to DTS. Maybe it was already set to it, I'm not sure, but if it was left on PCM, the audio sounded great and in proper 5.1 all the same. So all in all, 5.1 out works, ARC/Anynet+ works, but there are quirks and you may want to use optical instead.
post #729 of 3068 Old 07-17-2011, 10:57 PM

Just wanted to check in and post my thoughts on the UND6400.

Let me just say that I had the 2010 6400 model and I had a lot of problems with the television and color bleeding (if you care venture to the 2010 thread). So far I've had the 6400 since the week they were released (I sold my 2010 model to upgrade), and thus far I have been 110% ecstatic with the purchase. I feel for those of you who are having problems, I really do, but if you are anything like me, no matter how much grief the set gives you, it's always this set of televisions that you will want to keep replacing it with, because plain and simple the picture quality is perfect. Thankfully I have not had any problems thus far, and I think the new 2011 model has a noticeably better picture quality than my old 2010 version. If anybody is looking to calibrate there televisions I recommend the Disney WOW disc, it does a relatively good job at calibrating the television correctly. Anyway for those of you researching televisions like I was at one time, if you come across this post I will tell you to get this brand of televisions. Personally I wouldn't get anything below the 6400 model, but this T.V. is going to give you the best picture quality available today!
post #730 of 3068 Old 07-18-2011, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakattk View Post

I have all my dvds burned onto my computer hdd. I want to take them off and put them onto an external hdd. Would it be better to use a network storage drive like the WD my book live and stream via my router, or get wd my book with usb and just plug it into the tv's usb port? Or is there a better option? I have the un55d6900 tv.

USB throughput is going to be much faster than wireless, so the better option would be connecting a hard drive to the TV's USB port directly, IMO.
post #731 of 3068 Old 07-18-2011, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I thank everybody in here that has tried to help me and offer their suggestions. In the end I decided to go with the PN51D7000 plasma because I just can't stand all the banding and flashlighting issues of these LED sets. I wish everyone in here the best of luck with their sets. Now I guess it's over to the other forum to learn about the quirks I'll be dealing with on my plasma.

Hdtec, hopefully I can ouput DTS through the optical of the plasma D7000 - I notice there is no ARC on that set for whatever reason Samsung felt like not including it. To be honest I'd rather use optical anyways as long as it actually works correctly from USB.
post #732 of 3068 Old 07-18-2011, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 40
eagle_2
I have been following your reports through the thread, and am sorry you had so much trouble. I feel you and I are kindred spirits..... I have had a TON of trouble, both with Samsung, and Onkyo...
I picked Samsung again, without really knowing why. I felt, bang for the buck, was probably the biggest reason, (even if someone else was footing the bill...) I got the biggest feature set, and added 3D to the mix, all based on replacing a 4 year old DLP.
Update on my situation:
With CNET settings, I have all but calibrated the major flashlighting, and clouding, out of the set. I still have a pretty big band on the lower right corner that is visible at night. This is the most calibration I have done to any set. Very detailed menus. I am surprised. They are, however very noticeable still, in the SMART option, (Netflix/VUDU/HULU/Samsung apps) as it seems to have it's own torch mode settings for the SMART menu stuff...I cannot access the settings for them. Unless there is some secret here that I have not read...(still brushing up on the previous pages...)
SMART menu stuff works fine on my set, bounced around VUDU last night, pretty cool.
I tried the 3D for the first time yesterday, via Directv's 3D (free) offerings. Also quite impressed there.
Right now, I am on the fence about keeping the set. I faintly see the clouding (knowing it shouldn't be there,) and the flashlighting on the lower right bugs me. My family, I am sure, does not even notice. I really don't watch this (the living room) set much, If I am gaming, or usually watching a movie, I am running on the projector, if I am watching the TV, or on the computer, I am usually in the bedroom. (37 in Vizio LCD on the wall.)
I do have the 30 days in which to purchase the Geek Squad thing...for protection. (not sure if it is a lesser evil to deal with Samsung, or BB...)
If I swap, and end up with the same thing, or worse....

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #733 of 3068 Old 07-18-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 View Post

USB throughput is going to be much faster than wireless, so the better option would be connecting a hard drive to the TV's USB port directly, IMO.

I have a hard drive with my movies on it connected via usb to the TV and it works great.
post #734 of 3068 Old 07-18-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressguy View Post

Two questions: What is the difference between the D6000 and the D6300, had to tell from spec sheet?

the D6300 has a web browser and support for Adobe Flash 10.x; the D6000 lacks these features.

Quote:
How important is the distance on sides and top as shown in the manual if TV is in a cabinet? Thanks

always ensure there is sufficient space for unobstructed airflow. LEDs still produce heat and you want to avoid issues with excess heat.
post #735 of 3068 Old 07-18-2011, 12:45 PM

Thanks for the feedback.
post #736 of 3068 Old 07-18-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlii View Post

I have a hard drive with my movies on it connected via usb to the TV and it works great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 View Post

Thanks for the answers everyone. Xlii, the hard drive you use does it turn on and off auto when you access it? If so what kind is it? I want my hdd to auto power on and off with access so it does nto run all the time.
post #737 of 3068 Old 07-19-2011, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakattk View Post

Thanks for the answers everyone. Xlii, the hard drive you use does it turn on and off auto when you access it? If so what kind is it? I want my hdd to auto power on and off with access so it does nto run all the time.

The drive spins down when not in use but the unit remains powered on. It doesn't need a power supply as it is powered by the USB bus. I might be a little paranoid but if I am not using the drive, I unplug it so it is not connected to the tv when not in use. I might not feel the same way if I was using a 3.5" drive that had it's own power supply.

The disk I use is a 2.5" Western Digital scorpio blue 500GB drive. I buy disks and enclosures separately. I need Firewire 800 and USB on my drives. The enclosure I use is from Rosewill but I would not recommend it as it runs way too hot. I ended up drilling holes in the enclosure (I have two of these enclosures) to give it a little more airflow. If I was to buy another 2.5" enclosure I would buy it from Other World Computing as I am very happy with the 3 3.5" enclosures I have purchased from them.

For those with Macs... (that's why I want FW800) you can read, write, and format NTFS by using a program called NTFS-3g. Comes in handy if you have a Mac and want to copy to a disk that will be used on a windows machine or a samsung tv and you have files (movies) that are larger than 2 GBytes.
post #738 of 3068 Old 07-19-2011, 04:30 AM

Hey guys. Just purchased a un40D6000 the other day after lots of research. Decided to go with the 40 inch 6000 because bestbuy had it online for 799$ (which happened to be one of the better prices i found anywhere on the internet)

Something weird happened though.

I ordered it online for store pickup, so i could get the online price of 799, 850 something after tax. (The store had them for 899$ at the time) I checked my bank statement right after to make sure it went through and it was processing 853.53$.

So I pick it up right after ordering it, signeda receipt, took the TV and left.

I got home and noticed the receipt said "UN40D6000S - 599.99" and it ended up totaling 629$ after tax.

And now the charge has gone through on my card, I was only charged 629$ for my TV.

Any ideas on how this happened? There is no advertised prices ANYWHERE for that cheap. Why would they do that without telling me? I do not want to go in and ask them... but I possibly want to upgrade if there are secret prices I dont know about as my budget was much higher than $600..
post #739 of 3068 Old 07-19-2011, 12:29 PM

could i plug in my desktop to my TV via USB?

i actually have a setup right now with my hdmi and optical running from my desktop to my TV. it works well but im wondering if i can just USB it and navigate from there. is this possible?
post #740 of 3068 Old 07-20-2011, 04:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwncakes55 View Post

could i plug in my desktop to my TV via USB?

i actually have a setup right now with my hdmi and optical running from my desktop to my TV. it works well but im wondering if i can just USB it and navigate from there. is this possible?

Your best bet is to keep the setup you've got and use the TV as a monitor/receiver for your desktop OS and audio. Better yet, run the computer through your receiver and you'll get the best of both worlds: stereo via TV when you want quiet time, or full blown home theater sound. And if your video card has HDMI, it almost certainly has HDMI audio out, so you won't need your optical out cable at all. You'll just use HDMI audio output and enjoy 8 channel audio, lossless direct from your PC (source video/audio permitting).

This setup works exceedingly well if your AVR has an HDMI standby mode like the Yamaha Aventage line does.

When a Priest says they're going to Flash you, it isn't for healing.

post #741 of 3068 Old 07-20-2011, 07:40 PM

anyone have good settings for console gaming? xbox/ps3
post #742 of 3068 Old 07-21-2011, 06:11 AM

I am evaluating some sets that are offered through my work via a points reward program(so my selection is limited), this set really intrigues me with the networking of movies from pc and apps and 3d to some extent. I just cannot get past all the posts here related to PQ which I dont think I can sacrifice. What really has me worried as I dont think I can really do 5 returns to get a decent pnael via this program so Im torn what to do here.

Also havent heard anyone mention the RVU feature with direct tv does anyone use this? I would love to not have a direct tv box connected here. The set offered is a 40D6400 from the program.

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6, 2011Today at the International Consumer Electronics Show, DIRECTV and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. announced they have partnered to present the world's first RVU-compatible production televisions, which will provide more than 19.1 million DIRECTV subscribers with the ability to watch live broadcast and stored content from their DVR on Samsung smart TVs, without the need for additional set-top boxes. As founding members of the RVU Alliance, Samsung and DIRECTV are committed to providing a more seamless entertainment experience for consumers across multiple rooms and a variety of screens, through the use of standardized Remote User Interface (RUI) technology.

The RVU protocol will be supported on Samsung's LED D6000, LED D6400 and LED 6420 TV products that reflect the company's commitment to delivering consumers high-quality, visually enhanced and connected entertainment experiences in their home. A RUI technology based on industry standards such as DLNA and UPnP, RVU allows a set-top box server to provide a multi-room, complete viewing experience that includes DVR services, without the need for additional set-top boxes in homes that have more than one connected TV.
post #743 of 3068 Old 07-21-2011, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

I have Directv and the 6420 and have seen nothing about this...while I am intrigued, and will definitely look in to this, I have connected to my HDDVR via my network, and it will not play any recorded shows...simply states not supported format...(or something similar)
I will definitely call Direct for more info...Thanks for the description. I would wager, that they won't wave the fee for the additional box...probably state that they need to support the interface for the set.

post #744 of 3068 Old 07-21-2011, 12:35 PM

Hi I have a lot of questions to ask so bare with me please.

I posted this in a few forums & 1 thread with only one response, & that was really only for a price point ( http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post20646933

I want to move up from a LN37B650 ( http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN37B6.../dp/B001UVCYN4 ) to either last years UN40C7000 or this years UN40D6500. I heard nothing but nightmares about the C7000 on most the forums. A pretty knowledgeable guy that worked the Magnolia dept. at BB said they sent both their 40C7000 that were behind their computers in twice for service, for clouding,light leak & banding and I should steer clear away from them, so I guess forget this model.

So on to the the D6500. The reviews that I read that were problematic were from the D6400 series which I heard were Identical units to the D6500 but with less features. I also have no idea why Samsung would not make a 240hz 40" 3D TV this year, because besides LED & 3D upgrade from my 37" I really would love to have 240hz. The Sharp LC-40LE835U is the only 240hz out this year and I would only stick to Samsung or Sony anyways, unless other company's really step up their game.

To anyone who owns a UN40D6500 how is the TV holding up for you and have you had any issues with it at all?

Do you think the D6500 will be a significant upgrade from my 37" LCD or should I wait it out another year?

Is it worth $1,094-$1,200 with 2 pairs of glasses or do you think they will have a bundle with a Blu-Ray player anytime soon like they did with the C7000 ( http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2617543 )?

I also have a Onkyo TX-SR707 and I know its not 3D Pass-through but if my cable box,360 etc are going threw it and out to the TV and I use the 2D to 3D convert option will that work, because their not really passing threw a 3D signal and the TV is doing the work?

Will a channel like ESPN 3D on the cable box work through the receiver?
post #745 of 3068 Old 07-21-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvman23 View Post

Hi I have a lot of questions to ask so bare with me please.

I posted this in a few forums & 1 thread with only one response, & that was really only for a price point (

I want to move up from a LN37B650 ) to either last years UN40C7000 or this years UN40D6500. I heard nothing but nightmares about the C7000 on most the forums. A pretty knowledgeable guy that worked the Magnolia dept. at BB said they sent both their 40C7000 that were behind their computers in twice for service, for clouding,light leak & banding and I should steer clear away from them, so I guess forget this model.

So on to the the D6500. The reviews that I read that were problematic were from the D6400 series which I heard were Identical units to the D6500 but with less features. I also have no idea why Samsung would not make a 240hz 40" 3D TV this year, because besides LED & 3D upgrade from my 37" I really would love to have 240hz. The Sharp LC-40LE835U is the only 240hz out this year and I would only stick to Samsung or Sony anyways, unless other company's really step up their game.

To anyone who owns a UN40D6500 how is the TV holding up for you and have you had any issues with it at all?

Do you think the D6500 will be a significant upgrade from my 37" LCD or should I wait it out another year?

Is it worth $1,094-$1,200 with 2 pairs of glasses or do you think they will have a bundle with a Blu-Ray player anytime soon like they did with the C7000 ( )?

I also have a Onkyo TX-SR707 and I know its not 3D Pass-through but if my cable box,360 etc are going threw it and out to the TV and I use the 2D to 3D convert option will that work, because their not really passing threw a 3D signal and the TV is doing the work?

As far as i know, if its not 3D certified to pass through then its most likely only hdmi 1.3 and in which case its a hit or a miss with 3d due to the bandwidth issues. Alot of sources are saying its possible but not practical. I could be wrong but some people have reported it to work and some have said the opposite.
post #746 of 3068 Old 07-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by uvman23 View Post

I believe cable TV 3D broadcasts are in "side-by-side" mode, in which case it should work, even going through your non-3D receiver. Just be sure to set your TV in "side-by-side" mode as well.

As far as viewing 3D Blu-rays, your best bet is to get a player with 2 HDMI outputs, such as the Oppo 93. This way you can send the audio to your Onkyo through one HDMI cable, while the video 3D signal is sent directly to your TV from the second HDMI output. I hope this helps.
post #747 of 3068 Old 07-21-2011, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

WOW...just ...wow

I should know better...I should....
After contacting and getting the runaround from Directv...and instantly surmising that they knew nothing about the RVU tech...they directed me to Samsung, and suggested that I needed and "RVU Enabler..." really, they said it was connected via my HDMI...I said, "no that's not it..."
So I decide that Samsung may know something...after all...they made the set....
Oh...how I forget the people they employ...

Chat Information Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
Quote:

Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Dave'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Chat Information Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK5380122003X

Dave: Hi, thanks for reaching out to Samsung tech support. How can I help you today?

Visitor: Hey Dave

Dave: Hello.

Visitor: I just called directv on my new d6420 ...I read an article about RVU connectivity

Visitor: do you know anything about this...cause they sure as hell didn't

Dave: Are you experiencing any issue with the Samsung TV?

Visitor: no

Visitor: so far it's working great...

Visitor: I have some flashlighting

Visitor: and clouds

Visitor: but I am attempting to calibrate that out of the picture

Dave: We do not have any reported issues with this TV.

Visitor: that's hard to believe ...it's all over the net

Visitor: Anyway

Visitor: I am inquiring about the RVU connectivity with Samsung and Directv

Dave: We do not have any issues connecting Samsung TV to DirecTV.

Visitor: apparently you don't know either

Visitor: http://www.thestreet.com/story/11124...tv-server.html

Dave: I'm sorry; we do not have access to other websites.

Visitor: basically it is saying that you can connect to the directv hddvr via your network

Visitor: eliminating the need for additional STB's

Visitor: can you connect me with someone that is familiar with this?

Dave: We need to use a cable box to connect DirecTV to this TV with an HDMI cable.

Visitor: Come on Dave...

Visitor: you clearly don't know what I am talking about

Visitor: can you connect me with someone that DOES?

Dave: Let me check with my supervisor.

Dave: Thanks for holding.

Dave: I confirmed that we do not have any known issue using the TV with DirecTV.

Visitor: WOW

Visitor: I DON'T HAVE AN ISSUE CONNECTING

Visitor: I DON'T HAVE AN ISSUE USING THE TV WITH MY DIRECTV

Visitor: I WANT TO EXPLORE MORE FUNCTIONALITY WITH THE TV UTILIZING MY NETWORK

Visitor: NOT THE SET TOP BOX

Visitor: THE TV HAS THE CAPABILITY

Dave: Could you give me the exact model number of the TV?

Dave: You can find the model number on the back of the TV.

Visitor: FROM YOUR OWN SITE:

Visitor: oday at the International Consumer Electronics Show, DIRECTV and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. announced they have partnered to present the world’s first RVU-compatible production televisions, which will provide more than 19.1 million DIRECTV subscribers with the ability to watch live broadcast and stored content from their DVR on Samsung smart TVs, without the need for additional set-top boxes. As founding members of the RVU Alliance, Samsung and DIRECTV are committed to providing a more seamless entertainment experience for consumers across multiple rooms and a variety of screens, through the use of standardized Remote User Interface (RUI) technology.

Visitor: LED 6420 TV

Dave: Thanks for the information.

Dave: Would you mind holding a few minutes while I gather the required information for your request?

Visitor: I don't mind...just connect me with someone who knows

Dave: Thank you.

Dave: Thank you for holding.

Dave: Sorry for the delay.

Dave: Yes, this was announced on Jan. 6, 2011.

Dave: However, as of now this feature is not yet added in any of the Samsung TVs.

Visitor: how do you mean "not added"

Visitor: your release states that it ispart of the 2011 sets

Visitor: will it be an "app" later?

Dave: This may be provided in a firmware update.

Dave: We do not have exact information in this regard and I do not want to provide you with any false information. However, if you want I can create a ticket and then you can contact our tier 2 support.

Visitor: not necessary

Visitor: thanks for your time

sigh.....

post #748 of 3068 Old 07-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
That conversation sounds like what I went through with Sprint when I was trying to explain to them that I have no cell phone service at my house and was trying to get an Airvana (Airave) transceiver so I could get cell phone service via my internet connection (VOIP).

Took me nearly an hour to cajole the Indian on the other end (who was on a laptop, outside somewhere from the background noise I kept hearing while on the call) to get me to a tier 3 specialist (yes, I skipped Tier 2 because I knew exactly what I needed/wanted even if he didn't have a clue).

I deal with these folks at work every day, and they can't operate the simplest console even when the buttons match the onscreen instructions perfectly. And in my mind I'm going "Jeebus H. Chlist, these are the guys we send our tech support jobs to..."

Yeeeeeeeaaaah....

When a Priest says they're going to Flash you, it isn't for healing.

post #749 of 3068 Old 07-22-2011, 05:59 AM

Wow that is shockingly bad support but not suprising. How can you PR a feature list it as an active feature and then nto even include it!!!?!!

Kevin thanks for the leg work here. This was really one feature I wanted to explore more since this set will essentially be free to me I was going to take the gamble. Even though I said I wouldnt go under 40" again I am thinking I may go Panny 37 DT30 vs this Samsung really has slipped.

Without digging to much on google found this, looks like maybe DTV isnt ready for it either reciever wise:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-...msung-rvu.html

To bad its clearly listed as a feature here in the spec sheet.

http://www.satellitetvwiz.com/2367/d...n-from-directv

is a decent explanation of how it supposed to work if either of these parties get there acts together.
post #750 of 3068 Old 07-22-2011, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
It's my understanding that you will have to have the latest Directv STB, the HR34, which is supposed to support the RVU technology. The aforementioned, has been on field trial testing for quite some time now. Here are a few links:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=193170

http://www.rvualliance.org/
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un40d6000 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un46d6000 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un60d6000 60 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black 2011 Model , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page