Official Samsung UNXXD6000 Owners' Thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 3068 Old 08-24-2011, 02:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i wrote here 4 days ago about my experiences with this set. I was comfortable enough with its size and weight to attempt all the previous methods to rid myself or at least alleviate the clouding and flashlighting

i was able to perform a "transformation" of sorts on the worst of the lot. A set manufactured in february which arrived with horrible flashlighting and clouding. I know some have been told by samsung to see if two weeks of use doesn't improve the set. that may have some merit as in the panel may settle as it expands and cools with use cycles.

I took this to heart and overboard. I first removed the back cover. then i loosened all the screws on the permiter of the panel. When i say loosen i mean so much so that i could easily remove with my fingers. i then very gently put the back cover on and loosely attached that so that front bezel and back panel would not be applying any real force on the panel.

the first time i had the set on the clouds and flashlights returned. i then set about using the tapping and rubbing technique. it reduced the clouding some. I then set about turning the set on four a few hours running slides on a backlight of 10. turn it off let it cool. on again etc etc.

Its been two days. the set has insignificant clouding and flashlighting even with the backlight set at 20. tried this on my two other sets with the same results.

i'm so happy that i will probably return one but keep two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 3068 Old 08-24-2011, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspun View Post

Yes, I suspect that may be the reason, but I still don't understand it. It is just routing the same information from point A to B! I also can't find anything on file systems supported in either the manual or the e-manual. Where did you see that it supports NTFS?

If you go here and download the User Manual, page 209/211 of the PDF states: The file system supports FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS.
post #903 of 3068 Old 08-24-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmichii View Post

i wrote here 4 days ago about my experiences with this set. I was comfortable enough with its size and weight to attempt all the previous methods to rid myself or at least alleviate the clouding and flashlighting

i was able to perform a "transformation" of sorts on the worst of the lot. A set manufactured in february which arrived with horrible flashlighting and clouding. I know some have been told by samsung to see if two weeks of use doesn't improve the set. that may have some merit as in the panel may settle as it expands and cools with use cycles.

I took this to heart and overboard. I first removed the back cover. then i loosened all the screws on the permiter of the panel. When i say loosen i mean so much so that i could easily remove with my fingers. i then very gently put the back cover on and loosely attached that so that front bezel and back panel would not be applying any real force on the panel.

the first time i had the set on the clouds and flashlights returned. i then set about using the tapping and rubbing technique. it reduced the clouding some. I then set about turning the set on four a few hours running slides on a backlight of 10. turn it off let it cool. on again etc etc.

Its been two days. the set has insignificant clouding and flashlighting even with the backlight set at 20. tried this on my two other sets with the same results.

i'm so happy that i will probably return one but keep two.

I had a similar experience: There is merit to the two weeks of use. Just be careful you don't go over your 30 day return period in case it doesn't improve.
post #904 of 3068 Old 08-24-2011, 11:55 AM

Has anyone found a way to manipulate the location (country) for the SmartHub apps like it was done in 2010 models? Looking to install some apps/widgets available on the european version of the D6000 - I can see the 'hotel mode' combination seems to work same way in did in previous year's Samsungs....
post #905 of 3068 Old 08-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 View Post

If you go here and download the User Manual, page 209/211 of the PDF states: The file system supports FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS.

Thank you, ak3883. I am able to connect a 2TB NTFS drive. I can play all my video files and with either DD5.1 or DTS sound tracks. The only thing is, you have to manually go to "sound" adjustment menu to select the right sound track, otherwise it defaults to stereo if the previous sound track is different. That is, it can't auto detect and select.
post #906 of 3068 Old 08-24-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucid_one View Post

I had a similar experience: There is merit to the two weeks of use. Just be careful you don't go over your 30 day return period in case it doesn't improve.

Did you loosen the screws on the back panel only or the ones that actual hold the lcd together ( you would have to remove the panel, bezel and tape around the lcd side)
post #907 of 3068 Old 08-24-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersource View Post

Did you loosen the screws on the back panel only or the ones that actual hold the lcd together ( you would have to remove the panel, bezel and tape around the lcd side)

I just used the microfiber cloth to firmly massage the affected area of the panel. It is easiest to work with a dark scene with the backlight set to 20 and the room lights off.

I did try loosening the screws on the back panel, but this had zero effect. I expect that you would have to loosen the screws that hold the actual lcd together to have any effect (but I don't recommend it).
post #908 of 3068 Old 08-24-2011, 03:45 PM

How easy (or hard) is it to remove the clear bezel from the 6400? I've noticed there is a piece of black tape sticking out in between the black metal frame and clear bezel. I'd like to simply take off the bezel so I could remove the tape, but not sure how complicated a procedure it may be?
post #909 of 3068 Old 08-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Advanced Member

What are the USB2 and USB3 for on the UNxxD6000? I read some place that they are for recording programs on a HDD, but are strictly for the D6100, D6300, and above series. Has anyone been able to record programs on a HDD using either the USB2 or the USB3 with a UNxxD6000 model?
post #910 of 3068 Old 08-24-2011, 10:25 PM

hey everyone, I bought the UN55D6300(I think it's a Best Buy exclusive) a little over 2 months ago and have loved it, I got it tweaked just the way I like it with no problems of flashlighting etc, however...

Today I saw the firmware upgrade on the TV so I clicked yes(I know, you should always check into these things before doing it) and it installed with no problem(ver 1015.3) and then I noticed that on all my hdmi inputs like the DirecTV or the PS3 that there seems to be some stuttering in the image, as if the TV can't quite process it. The best way to describe it is that it seems to hang up on one frame for much longer than normal, then just goes ahead and continues with the rest of the image and motion etc...tried this on DirecTV and with a blu-ray

Think there might be a fix for this in the next few days? I sent an email to Samsung...it's not the worst problem but once you begin to look for it it sticks right out.
post #911 of 3068 Old 08-25-2011, 02:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Did you leave the screws loose after your clouding issue seems to now be insignificant? I have noticed that when I swivel my frame, I see some of my clouding disapear in some areas and get worse in others. My stand is very stiff and the force to move the frame causes the entire frame to slightly bow when moving causing the tempory changes. This entire design is way to flimsy to prevent panel stress's while changing viewing angles, at least for me due to the resistance in the stand pivot. I would be worried of leaving screws loose due to panel flex. I had a tech out for a component jack failure (only pluged and unpluged mini jack 4 times before the thing broke internally). He told me the stiff stand was better than a loose one as he also seen on these models. Still for the most part, I'm loving the picture quality overall. Any feedback on the stiff stand? I also noticed more clouding after the main board replacement which corrected the broken jack issue. The tech just reassembled the panel back cover with a tork screwdriver with no order of screw positioning around the outer panel. Screws were also VERY tight. I have loosened them a bit and the clouding did get slightly less noticeable but more than before my repair. It really appears that these panels are very sensitive to almost any external forces on them including frame inperfections as well as positioning within the frame its self. This is not good.
post #912 of 3068 Old 08-25-2011, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just bought a UN55D6050 and was wondering if the optical audio out is 5.1? I'd like to run the one cable to my receiver if that's the case. I mostly play PS3 and Xbox on it and very little movies. But others were telling me it's preferable to run all the devices into the receiver and then into the tv.
post #913 of 3068 Old 08-26-2011, 09:43 AM

can some one post there settings on there D6400 please.
post #914 of 3068 Old 08-26-2011, 11:04 AM

Just wanted to followup with my last post that the picture looked different after the patch. As mentioned earlier in the thread, the newest patch did change some of the picture settings. Played with stuff again and now im happy

The only thing that bugs me, is component in from my 360 has a slight "doubled border" around edges when seen up close. Getting a new cable in the mail today, and hope that fixes it. Would suck if its a problem with their little component-breakout adapter.

Anyone else using component notice any weird (although very hard to see) artifacts?
post #915 of 3068 Old 08-26-2011, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

What are the USB2 and USB3 for on the UNxxD6000? I read some place that they are for recording programs on a HDD, but are strictly for the D6100, D6300, and above series. Has anyone been able to record programs on a HDD using either the USB2 or the USB3 with a UNxxD6000 model?

Anyone?
post #916 of 3068 Old 08-26-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpahawkins View Post

hey everyone, I bought the UN55D6300(I think it's a Best Buy exclusive) a little over 2 months ago and have loved it, I got it tweaked just the way I like it with no problems of flashlighting etc, however...

Today I saw the firmware upgrade on the TV so I clicked yes(I know, you should always check into these things before doing it) and it installed with no problem(ver 1015.3) and then I noticed that on all my hdmi inputs like the DirecTV or the PS3 that there seems to be some stuttering in the image, as if the TV can't quite process it. The best way to describe it is that it seems to hang up on one frame for much longer than normal, then just goes ahead and continues with the rest of the image and motion etc...tried this on DirecTV and with a blu-ray

Think there might be a fix for this in the next few days? I sent an email to Samsung...it's not the worst problem but once you begin to look for it it sticks right out.

yeah i just did the update to, and i dont know but before the picture was exelent and know it looks horrible, i hope that samsung does fix this
post #917 of 3068 Old 08-26-2011, 01:40 PM

Have you rechecked all of your settings? I found that updates sometimes reset picture and system settings, perhaps enabling some auto-motion or other processing that is causing the judder.
post #918 of 3068 Old 08-26-2011, 01:46 PM

yes i checked all of that , im not shure but it looks like there is a lot , i mean a lot more grain than before..
post #919 of 3068 Old 08-26-2011, 02:23 PM

I checked all my settings(I wrote them all down when I got the TV and calibrated it) and all the motion enhancing things are off, and it almost looks to me like the picture is switching between full frame rate and then into some kind of half frame rate, every 3 or 4 seconds, with artifacts etc...

When watching something on DirecTV or a blu-ray it seems to hang up every 3 or 4 seconds, almost like the TV can't keep up then manages to do it...hoping for a fix soon, Samsung was not very helpful on the phone this morning
post #920 of 3068 Old 08-26-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I have the unxxD6000. According to the Owners Manual (Smart Hub pages 207-212) USB1, 2 or 3 can all be used with hard drives, and flash drives. It also sounds like you might be able to connect a camera with a usb output on it. I've only used a hard drive on USB 1 and it works great for watching movies. I don't think you can record a TV show by connecting a majic device to any of the USB ports.
post #921 of 3068 Old 08-26-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlii View Post
I have the unxxD6000. According to the Owners Manual (Smart Hub pages 207-212) USB1, 2 or 3 can all be used with hard drives, and flash drives. It also sounds like you might be able to connect a camera with a usb output on it. I've only used a hard drive on USB 1 and it works great for watching movies. I don't think you can record a TV show by connecting a majic device to any of the USB ports.
Did a little googling. The answer is no in the US.

http://answers.us.samsung.com/answer...uestion=288594

QUESTION
can I record my favourite tv shows ?
can I record my favourite tv shows using an external usb storage device ?
asked 1 year, 2 months ago nanas on 46" Class 8000 Series 3D 1080p LED HDTV

ANSWERS
For televisions in the U.S., there is no way to record television shows to a USB drive or external HDD device. You may wish to consult the Samsung customer service center in your region to see if this feature may be available in a different region. Select Samsung televisions can take recorded content and play it back on the television through the USB drive if the files are supported formats and the television has this feature.

We appreciate your interest in Samsung products.

HDTech
answered 1 year, 2 months ago HDTech
post #922 of 3068 Old 08-27-2011, 04:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Did a little googling. The answer is no in the US.

http://answers.us.samsung.com/answer...uestion=288594

QUESTION
can I record my favourite tv shows ?
can I record my favourite tv shows using an external usb storage device ?
asked 1 year, 2 months ago nanas on 46" Class 8000 Series 3D 1080p LED HDTV

ANSWERS
For televisions in the U.S., there is no way to record television shows to a USB drive or external HDD device. You may wish to consult the Samsung customer service center in your region to see if this feature may be available in a different region. Select Samsung televisions can take recorded content and play it back on the television through the USB drive if the files are supported formats and the television has this feature.

We appreciate your interest in Samsung products.

HDTech
answered 1 year, 2 months ago HDTech

Thank you, xlii. According to page 234 of this: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...DVBEUA_Eng.pdf, for series 6100, 6300, and above, one can record TV programs. But for model 6000, the only other possible use then for USB ports 2 or 3 is to connect a wireless USB adapter.
post #923 of 3068 Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:

Thank you, xlii. According to page 234 of this: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...DVBEUA_Eng.pdf, for series 6100, 6300, and above, one can record TV programs. But for model 6000, the only other possible use then for USB ports 2 or 3 is to connect a wireless USB adapter.

What country is that manual from? Here in the US that feature is not available. This is the US manual for the un46D6300 and that feature is not mentioned. I wish it was available, that is something I would like to have.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...0324091218633/[ENG_US]GSATSCA-1017.pdf
post #924 of 3068 Old 08-27-2011, 01:46 PM

Just got a 55UND6050 from costco and cannot figure out how to setup the auto dimming...

I've read on this thread that you can make it where the brightness set to a specific level during the day and a dimmer level at night. Can someone please point me to the right direction. Thank you.

Love my Pioneer Elite.
post #925 of 3068 Old 08-27-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeselcyde View Post
Just got a 55UND6050 from costco and cannot figure out how to setup the auto dimming...

I've read on this thread that you can make it where the brightness set to a specific level during the day and a dimmer level at night. Can someone please point me to the right direction. Thank you.
From the manual... you want to adjust the eco sensor.

❑ Economical Solutions

Eco Solution
O MENUm → System → Eco Solution → ENTER

Eco Sensor (Off / On): To enhance your power savings, the picture settings ▶ will automatically adapt to the light in the room.
post #926 of 3068 Old 08-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
What country is that manual from? Here in the US that feature is not available. This is the US manual for the un46D6300 and that feature is not mentioned. I wish it was available, that is something I would like to have.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...0324091218633/[ENG_US]GSATSCA-1017.pdf
Sorry, xlii, that must have been the European English manual.
post #927 of 3068 Old 08-27-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneless6220 View Post
I just bought a UN55D6050 and was wondering if the optical audio out is 5.1?
the only way to transmit 5.1 over optical is to ensure the audio stream is compressed. i wouldn't use the optical out from the display anyway. ideally, you just want to send video signals to the UN55D6050 and have the receiver deal with the audio.

PS3 -> HDMI -> receiver (send video and audio to receiver)
receiver -> HDMI -> UN55D6050 (send video to display)
receiver -> speakers (5.1 audio setup)
post #928 of 3068 Old 08-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacs View Post

the only way to transmit 5.1 over optical is to ensure the audio stream is compressed. i wouldn't use the optical out from the display anyway. ideally, you just want to send video signals to the UN55D6050 and have the receiver deal with the audio.

PS3 -> HDMI -> receiver (send video and audio to receiver)
receiver -> HDMI -> UN55D6050 (send video to display)
receiver -> speakers (5.1 audio setup)

The optical out works when I play video from a hard drive connected to the usb port of the tv. It outputs dd5.1 and DTS sound tracks fine. Optical should have the most capacity and shouldn't have any problem for uncompressed stream.
post #929 of 3068 Old 08-28-2011, 04:12 PM

I am having the stuttering issues as well after upgrading to the latest firmware. It is 1019.2 i believe.

It only happens if the image remains still then starts moving, you get a half a second stutter but its really noticeable. Especially if you are watching videos or films that have a lot of going to a completely black screen and then to another scene. For example the begining of blackhawk down has alot of dimming in and out of scenes and alot of stuttering is apparent there.

is there any way to rollback the firmware to the previous 1018 version?
post #930 of 3068 Old 08-29-2011, 02:18 PM

I know its a best buy exclusive.. but i want to find out user experience.. I see many of the other models in the 6000 line but not this one..
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un40d6000 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un46d6000 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un60d6000 60 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black 2011 Model , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page