post #181 of 3068 Old 04-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistral666 View Post

Nevermind What i said earlier.. The flashlighting still there.... BOUH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatbugs View Post

this flashlighting is unacceptable especially for a 2011 model. I loosened the screws at the back and gave it 24hrs before i decided to return in. I was thinking about exchanging it for the same model but decided not to because of so many people having the same problem. The Samsung had some nice features but I decided on getting a 2011 Sharp Quattron 830u instead. I must say the picture quality is better overall IMO and there is no flashlighting. Now I can enjoy my tv instead of being disctracted by spot lights in each of the four corners while watching a movie.

Damn hopefully this isn't the case with mine once it comes Monday, I do not want to go through the hassle of returning this thing especially with the NBA playoffs around the corner. Haha

If I want to check for flashlighting would it be a good idea in the night time to load up a all black Jpg on a thumbdrive and check that way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 3068 Old 04-09-2011, 10:24 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdawson View Post

Damn hopefully this isn't the case with mine once it comes Monday, I do not want to go through the hassle of returning this thing especially with the NBA playoffs around the corner. Haha

If I want to check for flashlighting would it be a good idea in the night time to load up a all black Jpg on a thumbdrive and check that way?

just watch a widescreen movie (with the bars on top and bottom) in a dark room, no lights. While watching the movie, if the flashlights are there, they will distract you. If you don't notice anything in the corners then your're good. The other thing is 'clouding'. I had some as well and if the movie was showing a dark/black scene you can kind of notice the clouding effect in the middle of the screen. But my main problem with the samsung was in the four corners.
post #183 of 3068 Old 04-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatbugs View Post

just watch a widescreen movie (with the bars on top and bottom) in a dark room, no lights. While watching the movie, if the flashlights are there, they will distract you. If you don't notice anything in the corners then your're good. The other thing is 'clouding'. I had some as well and if the movie was showing a dark/black scene you can kind of notice the clouding effect in the middle of the screen. But my main problem with the samsung was in the four corners.

ok thanks ieatbugs I definitely am going to check for that

If I try the loosen screws fix, do I just loosen all the screws on the back just a bit (about how much)? or do I loosen only screws in the four corners?
post #184 of 3068 Old 04-09-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:

If I try the loosen screws fix, do I just loosen all the screws on the back just a bit (about how much)? or do I loosen only screws in the four corners?

i think the loosen screws fix works for some but not others. I loosened all four corners on mine with varying levels of tightness but didn't help my situation. You may have better luck.
post #185 of 3068 Old 04-09-2011, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

Alot of talk concerning visuals...how about the sound?

With mine fresh out of the box, it wasn't but 2 minutes or so before the buzzing became very apparent. Seems as if the back-panel housing is not very rigid and/or not at all insulated from vibration, as this seems the sympathetically vibrating element at the resonating frequencies.

My cut and paste fix was to use the equalizer to dial down the lowest two adjusters, then apply painter's tape on the back housing (painter's tape so as not to leave residue when I figure something else out), then I layered the painter's tape over with duct tape -- several layers done this way.

Seems to have cut the buzzing significantly, but come on! -- not everyone is going to mount the thing on the wall. Even at that, it is incertain how much suppression of the vibation occurs in those areas when mounted (though that is the near locale of the buzzing), as the screw holes are much more reinforced than the thin part of the panel behind the speakers which seems to be making all the noise.

Anyone else experience this, or did I get a bad unit?
post #186 of 3068 Old 04-09-2011, 10:13 PM

Haven't really had a problem with the sound (UN40D6000), no buzzing and I usually have the volume around 35 when watching a film.

Overall, I do like the set, I have some minor flash lighting but nothing that bothers me enough to warrant a return/exchange. There is concern- I recently bought the Samsung wifi stick primarily to watch netflix so I wouldn't have to use my PS3. However, the smart tv netflix video quality is lower than the PS3 netflix quality. Pretty strange, I tested it out on different shows to confirm it.

Anyone else have this problem?
post #187 of 3068 Old 04-10-2011, 03:30 AM

I think Im gonna return it.. And try with another One.. If not.. I don't know what to do.. Another TV brand??
post #188 of 3068 Old 04-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinistral666 View Post

I think Im gonna return it.. And try with another One.. If not.. I don't know what to do.. Another TV brand??

May I recommend Panasonics new ST30 Plasma line? Its the same price inch for inch with the D6000 and you get 3d. If you wish to discuss this option please visit the ST30 thread here and ask about the TV bc I don't want to derail this thread.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1319498
post #189 of 3068 Old 04-10-2011, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsunoles88 View Post

Haven't really had a problem with the sound (UN40D6000), no buzzing and I usually have the volume around 35 when watching a film.

Overall, I do like the set, I have some minor flash lighting but nothing that bothers me enough to warrant a return/exchange. There is concern- I recently bought the Samsung wifi stick primarily to watch netflix so I wouldn't have to use my PS3. However, the smart tv netflix video quality is lower than the PS3 netflix quality. Pretty strange, I tested it out on different shows to confirm it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thank you for that response on the sound. The 40" is smaller, therefore the encasement will be more rigid, the speakers not quite so robust, nor with the same wattage I should think. I am favoring the notion that this is a design flaw of the entire production line of 55" D6000s, so hard to believe no one else has heard buzzing distortion? In the 55", the stereo sound can be quite pronounced and really project. Circling around to the back and feeling the panel right behind the speakers, the speakers transmit very strong vibrations through the metal -- not so surprising the metal resonates in a way that sounds like distortion.

I keep adding layers of tape to the back to add inertia. Working pretty well as a low-impact mod, but much more could be achieved by simultaneously deadening the interior, which I have no intention of doing -- I think I've been successful with what I've done, and if so will keep the set -- happy in every other respect -- well, not so impressed with the quarter inch plug conversion for component video, and the right-side input/output array not so convenient as the left side, but what are you going to do?

Don't know anything of NETFLIX connectivity -- not even sure why people are doing this? Is NETFLIX able to stream HD content instantly without glitches and interruption? I've never gotten a smooth stream from anything I have tried involving internet video, and it was definitely low-def at best. I mostly just buy blu-rays if I want to see something -- everything just looks so sweeeeeet on blu-ray with this set, I feel like I've gotten a great bargain to own at $15-$20. Watching TV series' can't get better than getting the blu-ray -- forget about watching the broadcast -- wait and you will rewarded!
post #190 of 3068 Old 04-10-2011, 11:00 AM

Purchased a 46D6900WF on the 9th & overall I am pleased. There is some flash lighting in the lower left/right corners but I am undecided whether it warrants a return. The black levels are excellent to me but I am coming from a 2003 Sharp where the blacks are more like dark blue.

The one thing I don't like is the glossy screen but I guess I'll learn to live with it. During the daytime reflections are noticeable.
post #191 of 3068 Old 04-10-2011, 02:29 PM

Hello,
I have just bought the brande new LCD UE40D6500 (France) and messed up with the hdmi calibration while trying to find a way to activate the IR module for the 3D glasses (2011 model only work with serie 3 bluetooth glasses).

I have found out that all the calibration pattern are already in the service menu. You just need to go to SVC/Test Pattern / HDI W/B Pattern : ON / HDMI Pattern set : 7. For my TV, the square in the upper left corner needed to be white.

Also found the menu to activate the IR module to use my SSG 2100 glasses :
SVC / IR_ON_OFF : ON.

If it can help.
Bye.
post #192 of 3068 Old 04-10-2011, 04:29 PM

I used my tv speakers when watching netflix due to the manner in which my surround sound is set up. I heard no buzzing and I had the volume set to 35 with the surround setting turned on when watching netflix. I also have no issues with the quality of netflix. It looks better than playing it through my xbox.
post #193 of 3068 Old 04-10-2011, 05:49 PM

Got my UN40D6300 yesterday, I had a UN40B6000 for a year with no complains, but since this is a new model and with Internet browser and Netflix streaming, I used my Black Tie Geek Squad warranty and got the UN40D6300, The apps works great, Netflix works perfect and the picture quality its way better than my old B6000. Now I'll wait until 2012 models and switch again.

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
- ARRX18G Remote w/ RF extender
- WDTV Live+ (5TB and growing)
post #194 of 3068 Old 04-10-2011, 07:39 PM

Update to settings. I changed the picture mode from movie to standard. I felt that movie mode is just a bit too dark. Even when watching with all of the lights off. Standard mode looks much better. I also changed the color mode from Warm1 to standard as well.
post #195 of 3068 Old 04-11-2011, 06:58 AM

anybody knows if the 6300 has local dimming?

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
post #196 of 3068 Old 04-11-2011, 10:06 AM

Has anyone figured out if you can rename the inputs on the 6050?

Thanks!
post #197 of 3068 Old 04-11-2011, 11:27 AM

Hey there, bought the UN40D6000 yseterday at the Big Blue box store. It's standing in for my 50" Panasonic plasma as it waits for power supply boards (grrr). When the Panny gets fixed, the Samsung will be relegated to the family room to replace the old Sony 32" CRT that won't die.

First time with an LCD TV. Picture looks great in HD. SD is so-so, but no worse than the Panny. Got a few questions:

- I typically spend the $$ to get my last two TVs calibrated (plasma, rear projection CRT) but am looking to cheap out with this set. Anybody have a professional calibrator tune their picture, and can you please post your setting? Thanks.

- Audio is kinda weak, no surprise with two little 10W speakers. I use a HT surround sound setup with the Panny, but in the family room I'm not going that path. When buying the TV, the BB sales guy was trying to push open-box sound bar stuff that they had on a table. Anybody use a sound bar? Is there an improvement? (probably the wrong forum).

- The picture keeps resizing itself, from 16:9 to 3:2, depending on commercials and the programming. I've messed with some features but I can't remember what. Can I keep it stuck on 16:9?

Thanks a lot.
post #198 of 3068 Old 04-11-2011, 11:45 AM

I don't know if my eyes are bad but I don't see any clouding or backlight bleeding in my 55D6300. Ya I know every LED will have some backlight bleeding but I looked closely & could not find it!

But even with Ethernet hookup, I see circles going around the video when I play youtube or any video. The video itself has no breaks but the circles right in the middle. Anyone else has that problem? If so any solutions? Mine is hooked up straight from my Dlink router (n)
post #199 of 3068 Old 04-11-2011, 12:57 PM

So I just got the 6300, now I have a dilemma,,, pay $90.00 and get the 6400 and get 3D or pay $100 and go for the D6000 in 46", I'm not a fan of 3D but I will like a bigger set... but I wonder if the only difference btw the 6000 and the 6300 is the web browser... is there anything else... cuz if the webbrowser is the only difference , I rather have a bigger set and no web browser... if someone please answer this... thanks.

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
post #200 of 3068 Old 04-11-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eortizr View Post

So I just got the 6300, now I have a dilemma,,, pay $90.00 and get the 6400 and get 3D or pay $100 and go for the D6000 in 46", I'm not a fan of 3D but I will like a bigger set... but I wonder if the only difference btw the 6000 and the 6300 is the web browser... is there anything else... cuz if the webbrowser is the only difference , I rather have a bigger set and no web browser... if someone please answer this... thanks.

-The 6300 also has the thinner bezel, .5" silver vs the 1" black bezel on the 6000.

-I was looking @ the 6420 at BB and then the 6400, 6300, and the 6000. I ended up going with the 6400 because in the end the store I got it from only varied by ~$100 between the 3.

I won't use the 3D right away and I wasn't even out to get a 3D TV.. but the price was right.

In the end I got the 46D6400 for $1254
post #201 of 3068 Old 04-11-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:

I rather have a bigger set and no web browser... if someone please answer this... thanks.

So would I. In reality do you need the web browser? I will have my laptop next to me while viewing the TV the whole time so the browser is really unneeded for me.
post #202 of 3068 Old 04-11-2011, 01:20 PM

The bigger screen is always better. I got a good deal on my 6300 and for me it was a difference of <$100, so I went with 55D6300. If the difference was substantial, I would have gotten 6000 model. Also I personally like the black bezel. The silver bezel refelects light while watching tv and can be disturbing to some!

Quote:

post #203 of 3068 Old 04-11-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post

I've had my 6050 for about five days now and I enjoy it overall. I did see the flash-lighting effect in the corners last night and turned down the back light to 10 and it helped a lot. I still haven't loosened any screws, I am not sure which ones to losen and how much.

Anyway, the point of my post: Does anyone know how to rename the inputs on this model? I have spent 45-60 minutes trying to find out how and can't figure it out. There are dashes to the right of the current names (HDMI1, HDMI2, etc) which makes me think you should be able to rename them, but I can't find it anywhere.

TIA!

Select 'Sources' on your remote, then highlight the source you want to rename, then press the 'Toos' button on your remote, then edit.

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
post #204 of 3068 Old 04-11-2011, 02:55 PM

Just an FYI, I went over to best buy to get a pair of 3D glasses just to see what this whole 3D thing was all about. The cheapest model compatible with the 2011 sets was $129.99. To my surprise, when the cashier rang it up, it was actually $49.99. Samsung did mention that they planned on providing cheaper 3D glasses in response to the new 3D sets that used cheaper, non-active glasses. Guess they just decided to reduce the price of existing stock as well.
post #205 of 3068 Old 04-12-2011, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadddada View Post

So would I. In reality do you need the web browser? I will have my laptop next to me while viewing the TV the whole time so the browser is really unneeded for me.

So I was doing some more research, and apparently the D6400 has local-dimming and the D6000 or D6300 don't. So that is a big plus for the D6400. If the only difference btw the D6300 and D6400 is 3D, then I'll go with the D6000 in a bigger size, but if the D6400 also has Local Dimming, then D6400 is the way to go...

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
post #206 of 3068 Old 04-12-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:

So I was doing some more research, and apparently the D6400 has local-dimming and the D6000 or D6300 don't. So that is a big plus for the D6400. If the only difference btw the D6300 and D6400 is 3D, then I'll go with the D6000 in a bigger size, but if the D6400 also has Local Dimming, then D6400 is the way to go...

Ah good information. I ordered the 6400 and should be receiving it tomorrow!
post #207 of 3068 Old 04-12-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetic758 View Post

Just an FYI, I went over to best buy to get a pair of 3D glasses just to see what this whole 3D thing was all about. The cheapest model compatible with the 2011 sets was $129.99. To my surprise, when the cashier rang it up, it was actually $49.99. Samsung did mention that they planned on providing cheaper 3D glasses in response to the new 3D sets that used cheaper, non-active glasses. Guess they just decided to reduce the price of existing stock as well.

Do you have the model/style number of the glasses? I may go pick up a set for my 6400.
post #208 of 3068 Old 04-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt-man View Post

Hey there, bought the UN40D6000 yseterday at the Big Blue box store. It's standing in for my 50" Panasonic plasma as it waits for power supply boards (grrr). When the Panny gets fixed, the Samsung will be relegated to the family room to replace the old Sony 32" CRT that won't die.

First time with an LCD TV. Picture looks great in HD. SD is so-so, but no worse than the Panny. Got a few questions:

- I typically spend the $$ to get my last two TVs calibrated (plasma, rear projection CRT) but am looking to cheap out with this set. Anybody have a professional calibrator tune their picture, and can you please post your setting? Thanks.

- Audio is kinda weak, no surprise with two little 10W speakers. I use a HT surround sound setup with the Panny, but in the family room I'm not going that path. When buying the TV, the BB sales guy was trying to push open-box sound bar stuff that they had on a table. Anybody use a sound bar? Is there an improvement? (probably the wrong forum).

- The picture keeps resizing itself, from 16:9 to 3:2, depending on commercials and the programming. I've messed with some features but I can't remember what. Can I keep it stuck on 16:9?

Thanks a lot.

If shows resize themselves I'm pretty sure thats how their being broadcasted to everyone. I have Comcast and noticed it on some commericials and even some shows on HD channels were the show is bring broadcasted in letterbox SD so it has a black bar around the whole thing. This is on my plasma.
post #209 of 3068 Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 AM

can someone w/ a d6000 or d6400 confirm is the RVU feature is present and how it works?

thanks

- Panasonic TC-P50ST30
- Yamaha RX-V667
- Polk RM75
- Polk PSW10
post #210 of 3068 Old 04-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

well guys here is my experience after receiving my d6000 not a pleasant one

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1328198
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un40d6000 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un46d6000 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un60d6000 60 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black 2011 Model , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page