Official Samsung UNXXD6000 Owners' Thread - Page 95 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2821 of 3068 Old 04-05-2012, 08:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi all
i was wondering if anybody could give me some advice in regards to picture settings. i just grabbed up a 40d6000 about a week ago and seemed get the pic settings to my liking. my problem is blacks/dark movie scenes getting crushed like crazy. i feel like i got a pretty good panel, right out of the box flashlighting was very minimal (almost nonexistent now) and dont really have any other issues picture wise. but the dark movie scenes are almost unwatchable and i think the settings might be the issue. i'm not really a tv techie when it comes to pic settings, so are there any specific settings that might be causing the black crush (dynamic contrast or black levels ect?) or is it just pretty much luck of the draw? my hdmi black level settings seem to be disabled and set to normal, i have tried and tried and cannot get into the hdmi black level settings. my dynamic contrast is up a bit, i perfer a bit of a brighter picture, maybe this is causing the issue?? 85% of the time the picture is fantastic and i got this set for $749 so i cant complain to much, but any advice would be much appreciated. my new favorite show, Game of Thrones is almost all dark scenes and its gettign difficult to watch lol....thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2822 of 3068 Old 04-06-2012, 05:24 AM

Don't have manual. Which USB port do I use for internet hook up ?
post #2823 of 3068 Old 04-06-2012, 06:03 AM
tc1
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Go to Samsung site and download the PDF file for your model.

HTPC With OTA only, HD with Surround is so AWESOME!
post #2824 of 3068 Old 04-06-2012, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunya71 View Post

hi all
i was wondering if anybody could give me some advice in regards to picture settings. i just grabbed up a 40d6000 about a week ago and seemed get the pic settings to my liking. my problem is blacks/dark movie scenes getting crushed like crazy. i feel like i got a pretty good panel, right out of the box flashlighting was very minimal (almost nonexistent now) and dont really have any other issues picture wise. but the dark movie scenes are almost unwatchable and i think the settings might be the issue. i'm not really a tv techie when it comes to pic settings, so are there any specific settings that might be causing the black crush (dynamic contrast or black levels ect?) or is it just pretty much luck of the draw? my hdmi black level settings seem to be disabled and set to normal, i have tried and tried and cannot get into the hdmi black level settings. my dynamic contrast is up a bit, i perfer a bit of a brighter picture, maybe this is causing the issue?? 85% of the time the picture is fantastic and i got this set for $749 so i cant complain to much, but any advice would be much appreciated. my new favorite show, Game of Thrones is almost all dark scenes and its gettign difficult to watch lol....thanks in advance!!

By default, "Shadow Detail" is at "-2", and this will cause dark scenes to get really dark! Set it to "+2". Also, make sure your "Eco" settings are not auto dimming the backlight.
post #2825 of 3068 Old 04-06-2012, 06:29 PM

thanks rooski, changing the shadow detail helped alot, its way better than it was.....appreciated!!
post #2826 of 3068 Old 04-09-2012, 07:06 AM

Hello,
I recently signed up for the "free" trial of Netflix through the "Smart" apps and have found the Netflix app to be quite frustrating. Once I get a movie to start streaming, I have not had a problem. My problem is the interface. It frequently doesn't load at all, but shows grey boxes where movie titles should be. It also randomly has only certain genres listed (action, children, recently viewed) any time I load it, rather than all of them. I can't find a way to update the software/app, to see if that fixes it. Anyone else have trouble with this? Suggestions? Thanks!
post #2827 of 3068 Old 04-09-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaniac View Post

Hello,
I recently signed up for the "free" trial of Netflix through the "Smart" apps and have found the Netflix app to be quite frustrating. Once I get a movie to start streaming, I have not had a problem. My problem is the interface. It frequently doesn't load at all, but shows grey boxes where movie titles should be. It also randomly has only certain genres listed (action, children, recently viewed) any time I load it, rather than all of them. I can't find a way to update the software/app, to see if that fixes it. Anyone else have trouble with this? Suggestions? Thanks!

I have a Netflix account and we enjoy using it a lot. Updating the app will not fix the pain of only seeing certain genres. The problems you describe I only see once in a great while. During holiday time it can get busy. I have a suggestion that when you want to find a movie to watch access Netflix using your pc. Searching for movies will be much easier and quicker. When you find one you like, put it in your instant queue. Much easier to find on your TV now. I have since purchased a Roku box and have been using that to access Netflix and Amazon Instant Videos.

I rarely use the Smart App interface on the TV now.

These two websites can also be used for finding Netflix movies:
http://instantwatcher.com/
http://tvandmoviesnow.com/
post #2828 of 3068 Old 04-09-2012, 01:57 PM

Thanks xlii for the reply. I streamed with my laptop with hdmi hookup to tv with no problem. I don't understand why Samsung/Netflix can't resolve this using "smart" app update. I have TV hooked up via hardwired network connection, so I'm not even using wireless for streaming. Certainly doesn't make me want to continue with Netflix for streaming after the trial period is up...

Also, thanks for the tip about the instant queue. I added some movies to queue from computer and will try that tonight from the tv...
post #2829 of 3068 Old 04-10-2012, 07:07 AM

so, i just bought this thing. i've noticed a little flashlighting in the bottom left corner, but it's not a dealbreaker. overall, i'm very happy with it. i'll start to tweak the setting shortly.

my main concern was the stand that comes with it. i installed it and noticed a little bounce to the set. is this normal and to be expected? i sort of understand it. it's a heavy set balanced on a fulcrum of 8 screws, so a little bounce makes sense. i want to say the distance of travel in the bounce is about 1/2"-1 1/2". it feels sturdy though, it's not like i'm worried it's gonna be on the ground when i get home or anything.

what is your experience with stand bounce? appreciate the feedback.
post #2830 of 3068 Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljames View Post

so, i just bought this thing. i've noticed a little flashlighting in the bottom left corner, but it's not a dealbreaker. overall, i'm very happy with it. i'll start to tweak the setting shortly.

my main concern was the stand that comes with it. i installed it and noticed a little bounce to the set. is this normal and to be expected? i sort of understand it. it's a heavy set balanced on a fulcrum of 8 screws, so a little bounce makes sense. i want to say the distance of travel in the bounce is about 1/2"-1 1/2". it feels sturdy though, it's not like i'm worried it's gonna be on the ground when i get home or anything.

what is your experience with stand bounce? appreciate the feedback.

Mine does the same. I'm not sure that it moves a full 1.5'' when I move it forward and back, but it does move some. Like you said, it feels sturdy and I'm not worried it will fall out or over. It squeeks too when you move it, kinda annoying. Solution: Don't move it. Actually I have not once used the touch sensitive buttons on the front of the set, I dont' want to get fingerprints all over it.
post #2831 of 3068 Old 04-12-2012, 03:52 PM

Liked: 17
Has anyone tried out the HBO Go app that's on the Smart TV features?

I would but I have Time Warner so they won't let me use it. Just wondering if it's a good interface, how good the streaming picture is, etc.

Xbox Gamertag: Autowobble
post #2832 of 3068 Old 04-15-2012, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoWobble View Post

Has anyone tried out the HBO Go app that's on the Smart TV features?

I would but I have Time Warner so they won't let me use it. Just wondering if it's a good interface, how good the streaming picture is, etc.

It's a great app. I have on my TV and iPad ( via my Directv HBO account). One of the better apps on Samsung IMO. However, iPad HBO Go interface is superior.

Streams in what appears to be HD resolution, and if you've got an optical cable connected will play in Dolby Digital 5.1 to your Receiver as well. Great alternative to catching up on all your favorite HBO shows without having to record or if you don't have a DVR. Appears to provide access to most if not all back episodes where Cable/Satellite HBO On-Demand service "may" only go back 7-10 episodes.

LB
post #2833 of 3068 Old 04-15-2012, 07:00 AM

Hi,

Just got a UA55D6400 and had a few questions.

How do i turn off the soap opera effect? some scenes are way too smooth.

Which kind of 3D movies can i play on my TV? I downloaded Step up 3D in Anaglyph 3D and it doesnt seem to work well on the tv.

An option called LED motion plus, when turned on, seems to dull the TV. Why is that? also is there a workaround for it? or do i just need to leave it off?

Thanks!
post #2834 of 3068 Old 04-15-2012, 02:10 PM

I bought a samsung 40 inch un40d6000sf a few months ago and im noticing now this horizontal bar across the entire screen. Its a cloudy looking bar that is only visible in semi dark scenes but not in really dark scenes or bright scenes(if that makes any sense).

It happens over all sources with all devices ive tried(dish network satellite, xbox 360, USB..etc)

Can anyone help?
post #2835 of 3068 Old 04-18-2012, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just purchased a UN46D6000 as a display model from Target for HUGE discount as it was the last one.

On my Samsung LCD I recall using info>menu>mute>power to get to the screen that shows the number of hours in use.

Does that same sequence work for UN46D6000? If not, is there another method?

TIA,

JHawk
post #2836 of 3068 Old 04-18-2012, 07:03 PM

I just got the U40D6300. Am I the only one who thinks this TV handles motion horribly? Before this I had an old Sharp LC42D64U (2008, 60hz) and just recently I had the PN59D7000 (returned because of the buzzing issue) so I know what a decent TV should look like with motion. Even the old 60hz Sharp handled it way better.

The U40D6300 just flat out sucks in this regard. Strangely, in high motion scenes I don't notice it at all, but if someone turns their head during a closeup, the screen looks like it is just falling to pieces. Thing are so blurry it is ridiculous. This is obviously fixed by using Auto Motion Plus, but I just want to watch plain old 24p Blu-rays, or at least 60hz with correct 3:2 pulldown.

What's going on here? Am I going crazy? I literally haven't seen a single other person complain about that happening on this set. Did I get a bad set?

Edit: This is obviously with Auto Motion Plus off - turning it to Clear seems to help, but it also produces minor artifacts that are not acceptable. The PND7000 worked perfectly with motion - I don't get why Samsung dropped the ball here.
post #2837 of 3068 Old 04-19-2012, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 180
I would guess 9-10 people on this thread use Clear, as I do on my 60" 6420, and I have no issues at all. Maybe on a deep pass, the football will get doubled/trailed on the way down to the receiver, but that's about my only gripe.

Samsung UN60D6420 ~ DirecTV HR-44 ~ Sony S5100 ~ Roku 3 ~ Denon X-2000 ~ HTD Level TWO Towers ~ HTD Level TWO Surrounds ~ Power Sound Audio XV15
post #2838 of 3068 Old 04-20-2012, 07:52 AM

Joining the un60d6450 owners club.

trying to read all posts...
post #2839 of 3068 Old 04-20-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilclive View Post

I bought a samsung 40 inch un40d6000sf a few months ago and im noticing now this horizontal bar across the entire screen. Its a cloudy looking bar that is only visible in semi dark scenes but not in really dark scenes or bright scenes(if that makes any sense).

It happens over all sources with all devices ive tried(dish network satellite, xbox 360, USB..etc)

Can anyone help?

I just got the UN46D6420 and am seeing the same thing during movies.. didn't notice it as much during a baseball game... anyone have advice?
post #2840 of 3068 Old 04-21-2012, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Does anyone know where to buy a base (stand) for the UN46D6000SFXZA ?

Checked the usual suspects but no luck.

TIA

JHawk
post #2841 of 3068 Old 04-21-2012, 09:59 PM

I'm in a situation similar to JHawk above in that I purchased a demo UN46D6000. I have found that Mute-1-8-2-Power will bring me into the service menu, but once in there, I cannot find the elusive "Panel Display Time" information in any of the menus. I'm afraid of digging around, but just going in and back out of the various menus, especially SVC, I wasn't able to find anything that might indicate the number of hours on my set.

Is there any other way to find out this information? Thanks.
post #2842 of 3068 Old 04-22-2012, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Picked up my UN55D6000 2 weeks ago from PC Richards. Took it home and had it running with "out of the box" settings. Noticed the flashlighting when watching letterboxed movies (thanks guys, now I can't stop noticing it, hahaha...) but it's not the worst thing in the world.

Couldn't get used to the "soap opera" effect and HATED the motion blur when watching action sequences and sports.

Changed the Auto Motion Plus to "clear" and the motion blur is not bad at all. Put in redwolf's settings and the "soap opera" effect is gone too.

VERY happy with my new TV now. Thanks guys!

Will try Dbone's settings and compare. If I put LED Motion Plus to "on", what will it change? Motion blur still shows up from time to time, but it's not nearly as noticeable as before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2843 of 3068 Old 04-22-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHawk View Post

Does anyone know where to buy a base (stand) for the UN46D6000SFXZA ?

Checked the usual suspects but no luck.

TIA

JHawk

I would check Samsung out. They must have replacement stands for those that break or are defective in shipment.
post #2844 of 3068 Old 04-22-2012, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrellG View Post

If I put LED Motion Plus to "on", what will it change? Motion blur still shows up from time to time, but it's not nearly as noticeable as before.

LED motion plus makes the LED backlights strobe at a rapid rate. This tricks the human eye into seeing motion as you would on a CRT screen.

I can't tell the difference, and you lose tons of light output.
post #2845 of 3068 Old 04-22-2012, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf4k View Post

LED motion plus makes the LED backlights strobe at a rapid rate. This tricks the human eye into seeing motion as you would on a CRT screen.

I can't tell the difference, and you lose tons of light output.

Thanks redwolf, and thanks SO MUCH for displaying your calibration settings. I was extremely happy once I put them in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #2846 of 3068 Old 04-26-2012, 03:08 AM

on which page are the settings?
post #2847 of 3068 Old 04-26-2012, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop Parwani View Post

on which page are the settings?

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post21415347
post #2848 of 3068 Old 04-26-2012, 06:57 AM

y are things like edge enhancement, motion lighting and all off?
post #2849 of 3068 Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop Parwani View Post

y are things like edge enhancement, motion lighting and all off?

Because opposed as you might think, these "enhancements" actually introduce artifacts more than they improve PQ.
post #2850 of 3068 Old 04-26-2012, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
With the newer models of Samsung TV's out now, the D6000/7000/8000 series are all on closeout/clearance near me. Most are used through, of course.

Anyway, I know my way around the service menu, and I know how too get into it(mute-1-8-2).

Anyway, on my 40B640 finding the PANEL DISPLAY TIME was easy(I bought it used 2 years ago) in the service menu.

But for the life of me, I can't find it in the D6000/etc... service menu anywhere. Unless it is hidden someplace, and I don't lknow.

Does anyone know the exact steps(cursor moves) in order to find the panel display time on these models? If I know how much time they have been used I can determine if the used/clearnce price is even worth it. And it also gives me info/ammo on bargaining it down to a price I feel is fair/reasonable(usually NEVER the price they want).

I am comfortable inside the service menu, so this is not a problem. But I just can't locate that PANEL DISPLAY TIME. Where is it?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un40d6000 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un46d6000 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un60d6000 60 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black 2011 Model , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page