Official Samsung UNXXD6000 Owners' Thread - Page 97 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-29-2012, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can someone answer this please..Trying to figure out what was the logic behind using HDMI3 or HDMI4 instead of HDMI1 and 2. Was there a final consensus which one to use?

Secondly, Is there a better way to use the keyboard besides the original and Samsung APP also has the same problem. Did anyone find any solution to this yet?

Costco- UN46D6050 - H303 - Dec 2011, Made in Mexico
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello. I'm thinking on buying Samsung UN46D6000 but i was also checking models UN46EH6000 and UN46EH5000. I have read reviews for all 3 model on http://www.televisioninfo.com and i don't understand something so i came here for a little explanations.

Televisioninfo.com gave this 3 models this overall scores:

1) Samsung UN40EH5000 7.3 - http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm
2) Samsung UN40EH6000 7.5 - http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm
3) Samsung UN46D6000 9.1 - http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...DTV-Review.htm

In the first and second review (EH5000 and EH6000) they say that EH5000 was better than EH6000. In second and third review (EH6000 and D6000 ) they say that EH6000 is better than D6000. So my conslusin is that EH5000 is better than EH6000 and D6000. Would you agree with me? Could someone plase explain it to which model from this 3 should i choose. And why did the model D6000 got the score of 9.1 (was that all because of the internet apps and concitvity)?

Has anyone compared motion stutter/blur/flicker on this 3 models? And do all 3 models do equaly good 3:2 Pulldown & 24fps playback?

Which one of these 3 models has the smoothest playback.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:38 PM

Which models have better PQ D6xxx or ES6xxx or EH6xxx? I would like to buy 55inch TV and there is a big money difference.

- Samsung UN55ES6100 is $1,579.99

- Samsung UN55D6000 is $1,259.00

- Samsung UN55EH6000 is $909.93

Any recommendations or suggestions will be welcome.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:09 PM

is there any way to completely get rid of this horrible "soap opera" look? i've turned every motion option i could find off but motion still looks...weird.

do i just need to get a different tv?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrexcwk View Post

is there any way to completely get rid of this horrible "soap opera" look? i've turned every motion option i could find off but motion still looks...weird.

do i just need to get a different tv?

Most people in these forums seem to use "Clear" (rather than Off) for the Auto Motion Plus setting, which as far as I can tell, gets rid of the Soap Opera Effect. Make sure you are changing this setting for each of the inputs (i.e. you will need to change it for your Blu ray input as well as cable/satellite input etc.

Good luck. Mike
Old 06-04-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zasekamoz View Post

Which models have better PQ D6xxx or ES6xxx or EH6xxx? I would like to buy 55inch TV and there is a big money difference.

- Samsung UN55ES6100 is $1,579.99

- Samsung UN55D6000 is $1,259.00

- Samsung UN55EH6000 is $909.93

Any recommendations or suggestions will be welcome.

I can't speak to the PQ of any of the models other than the D6000, which I have. It is very good as far as I am concerned, although I am admittedly not a videophile. Others have complained about "flashlighting" in the corners or bright areas that are noticeable only in a dark lit room during a dark scene. This appears to be an issue with just about any of the "edge lit" LED tvs.

The "D" models are 2011 models, the "E" models are the newer, 2012 models, that offer different numbers of inputs, features, etc. You can probably find a side-by-side comparison of the different features of these tv's.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:25 PM

Can anyone give me some advice on a mount for my 55" UN55D6420? I'm having a house built and they skimped on the studs in the wall where I want to mount my tv. There is a stud right in the center, which is good, but the next studs are 24" away to either side. I can't even find a mount that's 48" wide, and seeing that the tv is 49" wide, I'm not sure I would want to do that anyway.

The TV only weighs 38 pounds. I would really like to use a single stud mount, but can't seem to find any reliable choices that are rated for a 55 inch unit. I have found [=http://www.universalmounts.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=35&language=en&osCsid=c94aeb2dc4983adaf57898fd8b8b9504][/]this unit, but can't find any reviews online and am worried about the quality.

The way I see it, I have three options:
1) Buy a single stud mount like the one described.
2) Reinforce the area behind the tv with plywood / 1x4 / some other material. (Ugly, poor WAF.)
3) Affix a traditional mount to the center stud, then anchor additional holes with spring anchors.

Would two lag bolts in the center stud suffice for keeping my favorite personal possession from being destroyed? I'm in Colorado, so no earthquake worries here

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-12-2012, 12:37 AM

I would just buy the regular wall mount that is a plate design. Hit the stud in the center and then use the expanding anchors in the sheet rock say 2 on each side. 38lbs really isnt' that much just in sheet rock, but with the stud in the center you have plenty of support and the 4 points on the outside will make it stable and perfect. Enjoy smile.gif
Old 06-15-2012, 11:25 PM

It turns out that the builder actually listened to my recommendation and added two studs 16 OC on either side of the center stud. I'm pleasantly surprised about that! Thanks for the advice, though.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:12 PM

Hi, I bought recently UE32D6120. Type (from service menu) is 32P1UF3E (I have been told that it is Chi Lin S-MVA panel). How much worse is it as opposed to original panel, S-PVA (or whatever is it). Viewing angle is not so good (I don't know is it because of this particular panel or it is same with all panels).

Viewing angle is as in this review: http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/samsung-lcd-tv/samsung-un46d6000.html
Old 06-21-2012, 03:56 AM

I have the Samsung UN55D6000SF set. It was bought new in March of this year and left to me by my father. It isn't my primary set but I finally connected a Blu-ray player to it. I usually watch Blu-rays on my Panasonic in the other room. I found something odd. I did a search and couldn't find any results. I already had an HD cable box(Cisco 4642HDC) connected to this set via HDMI 1, a DVD player(Sony) through component, and yes, a VCR(Sony) through AV2, and also a coax from the VCR to the RF input.

The Blu-ray player I have is a new Sony BDP-S590 connected via HDMI 2 with a new Sony HDMI cable(DLC-HE20P) directly to the TV. Here's the odd thing. When I hit the "Source" button on the Samsung TV remote, all my inputs that I have something connected to-HDMI 1, Component, AV 2, and Channel 4- all appear active and colored black in the top list, even if the connected device(box, DVD, VCR) is turned off. "PC" also appears, even though nothing is connected to it. This is how every Samsung TV I've ever seen works. Here's what I found odd: The Sony BD player on HDMI 2 is "grayed out" and in the bottom inactive source list. If I click on it, it says "This source is not connected. Please check connection again". Mind you, this is with the Blu-ray player turned OFF. When I turn it ON, its input name "HDMI 2-Blu-ray" moves to the active part of the source list and is no longer grayed out. The player works beautifully for as long as you use it. When you turn it off again, that input "HDMI 2", goes back to being "grayed out" and moves back to the inactive list. Odd. I've never seen this before. Normally all connected inputs stay in the active list.

I've tried the BD player connected to HDMI 3 with the same result. I then disconnected the BD player and TV from the surge protector, unhooked the HDMI cable from the BD player and TV, plugged the TV back in after 60 seconds, followed by the HDMI cable from BD to TV, and finally, the BD player back into the surge protector. Same result.

Is something wrong or is this how these Samsung TV's behave with a Sony BD player connected? Have I wasted all this time on a normal quirk with this TV/player? The only oddity for me was upon initial setup and firmware upgrade, I hadn't turned off the Samsung "Anynet" setting yet. I had forgotten. Somehow, even though it's a Sony, it activated the BD player when you went to it in the source list and automatically changed the name of the input to HDMI-CEC in the TV source list. It wasn't grayed out either. I turned off Anynet and followed the process I listed above.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:12 PM

An addendum to my above post:

I've found if I go into the BD player's settings, under "System Settings", and turn on "Quick Start Mode", the Blu-ray player will now be in the active list in the TV's source menu and will no longer be grayed out when turned off. Is this normal? Can someone else verify this with their setup? Other than a little more electricity usage, is there any disadvantage to leaving these in Quick Start Mode?
Old 06-23-2012, 07:30 AM

Hey guys, please i have a question about using headphones / the audio out jack on the D6500 / EH6500 (they probably are the same, right ?)

What i need is to be able to get audio from the TV speakers and from the headphones at the same time, due to my father being a little deaf he liked using headphones to listen to the TV (we tested here in this old TV we have), and besides the rest of us would be able to watch it in a normal volume in the TV speakers biggrin.gif

I know this TV doesnt have a headphone jack, but i heard people can use the audio out jack to plugin the headphones, i also heard we have to change something in the TV menu for the audio to come through the audiio out jack. Question is, does the audio come out simultaneously through the speakers and the headphones, or does using the audio out jack mutes the TV speakers ?

I already have a portable amplifier for the headphones so i guess i'll be able to control the headphone volume independently (hopefully the initial audio out jack volume isnt too low).

Hopefully i can get audio from TV speakers and headphones simultaneously, but if not, can you think of any solution for what i need ?

Please let me know guys, thank you!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:28 AM
tc1
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
@metalspfc,

I have the UN60D6000 and use the same setup you propose for the same reason. It works just the way you want it to but don't know about other models. The 1/8 stereo audio out jack is preamp and unaffected by TV speakers volume. Speaker setting on D6000 is TV Speakers. I use the amp at the link below, located at seating positions, which allows multiple headphones and independent vol ctl. It also makes possible for the kids to watch TV/DVD while adults have conversation. wink.gif

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ARTHEADAMP4

HTPC With OTA only, HD with Surround is so AWESOME!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1 View Post

@metalspfc,
I have the UN60D6000 and use the same setup you propose for the same reason. It works just the way you want it to but don't know about other models. The 1/8 stereo audio out jack is preamp and unaffected by TV speakers volume. Speaker setting on D6000 is TV Speakers. I use the amp at the link below, located at seating positions, which allows multiple headphones and independent vol ctl. It also makes possible for the kids to watch TV/DVD while adults have conversation. wink.gif
http://www.zzounds.com/item--ARTHEADAMP4

Thats great to hear, almost sure it should be the same the 6500 model, im still not sure which one to buy so gotta confirm it first. Maybe i'll ask later on the D6500 / ES6500 threads. But really happy to know it works.

Thanks a lot for the fast response, really appreciate it!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I'm on a 30 day-trail w/ NF. No issues with iPad or Dell access, but NF on the Samsung is on and off (mostly off). AT&T U-Verse speed is up to 11 Mbps, so it exceeds NF's requirement of 1.5 Mbps.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-30-2012, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
BTW, I did have a Samsung wireless dongle. However, even direct connect via Ethernet cable did not improve the speed or download. All it said on the screen is accessing or retrieving NF titles.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:26 PM

I have a request... could someone with a non service menu adjusted screen go in and record what the default settings are?? I have the Canadian UN46D6000SFXZC

My TV's motherboard died and has since been replaced, but since then I have not been able to get my TV dialed in... I figure like all electronics companies, the part was a refurb (9 times out of 10 manufacturers use refurb parts when warranty work is done) so may have had some weird settings previously coded in.

I tried the service reset and the factory reset but can't get it to look good... since the motherboard replacement I have to dial the color way back (to between 37 and 42) and the brightness has to be raised from in the default or commonly used setting to the neighbourhood of 60 - 70 so I can see the detail on dark screens.

As a test I adjusted a setting that I could remember in the service menu. closed out then went back in and did a factory reset... after the reset I went back in and regardless of the factory reset, the setting I changed was the same as I had set.... so the factory reset doesn't seem to reset everything back to factory, nor did hitting the service menu reset.

I should note previously redwolf's settings were pretty good.. I tweaked a few things but it was very close for me... but now I can't get anywhere near them and still have the TV look tolerable.

So, if someone has the default service menu settings for the TV before tweaking anything , it would be much appreciated..... plus it probably would be good for the setting tweakers here too

I'm mostly looking for the stock UN46d6000sf "Type", the "ADC Target", and the ADC Result settings. I will calibrate later I just want a decent factory starting point... I'm pretty sure this motherboard is a refurb as I never had this much trouble with the stock settings and a minor tweak before

I figured out how to enable the checkerboard test pattern in the service menu under HDMI Pattern set (#7) and then go back to the ADC calibration setting and run it... no need for an external source etc... but... my previous settings are still not working since the motherboard change... Arrrggghhh I had a decent color, minimal flashlighing (none on my backlight setting) and then it had to stop powering up on me.... this new board is a major pain in the a$$
Old 07-12-2012, 03:43 AM

Hey everyone. Does anyone else use an Apple TV with their Samsung?

I am connecting an Apple TV (newest model) via HDMI to my UA46D6000.

The problem is that the colors seem washed out. If I connect the tv straight to the iPad it looks bright and vivid, but when streaming to apple tv i get that washed out look.

Any ideas?
Old 07-12-2012, 07:13 AM

Liked: 11
Anyone else having problems with there YouTube account not staying logged in? Every time I go to you YouTube in Smart I always have to activate my account. This started fairly recently, about 1-2 weeks ago.

AVR: Onkyo 3009...Onkyo 609 (Old)
Amp: QSC GX5 (powering RTi A7s) & GX3 (powering CSi3)

Speakers:
Polk Audio CSi3 (Center)...CS1 (Old)
Polk Audio RTi A7 (Fronts)...Monitor 60 (old)
Polk Audio OWM 5 (Surrounds)

Sub: SVS PC12-Plus...BIC America PL-200(Old)
Old 07-14-2012, 11:47 PM

Ok, quick question. I've done a google search and not found a proper answer. I have the UN55D6000 and have 2 excellent settings on movie and standard. I'm sure in the 96 previous pages someone has answered this or had the problem so apologies in advance if this is redundant.

Every time I shut my tv off the settings on my movie and standard that I enter are reset. I know for each different input you need to set them but is there a way to save these so every time I turn off the TV they don't reset? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you
Old 07-21-2012, 12:17 AM

Just had a UN55D6300 screen laying around and found a cracked one on CL
Here are some pics of the inside of the tv

Photobucket

Speaker (sub? lol)
Photobucket

Power Board
Photobucket

Main board
Photobucket

I have no lcd experience and I had the swap done in under 30 mins.
I did not have power tools ;-)
Old 07-21-2012, 06:51 AM
tc1
Advanced Member

What did you swap?

HTPC With OTA only, HD with Surround is so AWESOME!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:36 AM

Replaced the screen
Old 07-21-2012, 02:28 PM

Hi all, I have a Samsung UN46D6000SFXZA, there has been a dark area along the top of the screen radiating toward the center of the screen for the last couple of months. I have not been able to find a similar instance of the problem on the internet, I was hoping someone here could help me identify the problem.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:33 PM

Oldgus, hmmm...I don't know if that spot corresponds to a screw on the back panel? If there is a screw back there, try loosening it a turn or two...I thought I read some time ago that the flashlighting in the corners can correspond to too tight a screw, but you seem to have the opposite effect....Wish I could help. Good luck.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post

Erm, no. The TVs don't switch to 24 Hz for games. The TV can't even tell it's a game. All the TV cares about is the incoming signal. The problem lies in how the game itself is configured, or in how the OS is set to send resolutions to the monitor. Your video card's timing may be a hair off and causing the TV to go nuts.

Can you list your computer's specs, including OS type and especially the video card model? My TV acts as my computer monitor and I do so in both Mac OS X (my primary OS) and Windows as well, so I have experience in both situations.
Tia,

I have read nearly this entire thread and have not come across a decent starting point calibration for people who use a PC hooked up to the set. Would you not mind sharing your settings?

I have a Gateway SX2840-01 hooked up via HDMI directly into my TV. Im not too computer savvy but from what I can read the graphics are Integrated Intel GMA HD Graphics. I do know the picture setting should be 16x9 and it is in "PC mode" but other than that I am completely lost on what any of the settings should be. I would greatly appreciate if you can provide a starting point to work with.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson777 View Post

Redwolf4k,

always enjoy reading your posts.
After a year with my Panasonic G25 I'm back to LCD. I just picked up a Sammy D630. I read how you helped a family member set one up. Did you happen to note which settings you used? It would be of great help.

If not, I'm pretty sure I can't just copy your settings(?) but considering how accurate the preset colors are on our sets perhaps I could use cnet's recommended brightness/contrast with the rest of your settings? Would that work? Sorry I'm a bit of a calibration newb.

- In your early videogame settings, you mention how it's important that Dynamic contrast be off but now you advocate it? Why is that? Is it just personal preference or is it perhaps because you thought that that dark details were being clipped?

- According to Cnet, the recommended backlight for the D630 is 7 while the D6000 is 12. Why is that? If anything I thought it would be the opposite because LEDs are supposed to be brighter no?

- Which HDMi ports do you connect your PS3 and Xbox to and does it make a difference?

-What settings do you use on your PS3? RGB limited, Super whites off and Bluray YCbCr? Is that about the gist of it? What about your Xbox settings?
I too am looking for specific "Game Mode" setting adjustments. Which settings would need to be adjusted if using Game Mode and your "Standard" settings Redwolf? Do they remain the same?
Old 08-11-2012, 04:48 PM

I'm trying to help a friend with Comcast SD service get the best possible picture with composite or S-video cables. He has a Samsung 55D6000 TV connected to a Scientific Atlanta 4250c STB and his picture quality needs some TLC.

Are there any settings that can be tweaked to improve his picture? He's a senior citizen who wanted to avoid the extra cost of HD and currently pays about $200 for Comcast's internet, TV and telephone bundle.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

bg
Old 08-15-2012, 03:11 PM

I got "installing" the other day when I turned on my D600 and started the smart hub. But I can't find anything different or new.

Did anyone else see this and know what it was doing? I use the smart hub almost daily to access the Plex app.

thanks,jb

Tags
Samsung Un40d6000 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un46d6000 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un60d6000 60 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black 2011 Model , Samsung Un55d6000 , Samsung Un55d6000 55 Inch 1080p 120hz Led Hdtv Black