Official Samsung UNXXD7000 Owners' Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 3325 Old 04-06-2011, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When watching tv, if you press the "info" button on the remote a little box will appear on the bottom right corner of the display with a picture of a battery and a meter like thing that says led tv and conventional tv. Does anyone have any idea what it's for? I tried looking for it in the e- manua but no luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 3325 Old 04-06-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJake View Post

Told me the same! Sounds like LCD panel TV's have been experiencing this problem for years. And it can vary from unit to unit. Kinda frustrating. For 3G's it should be perfect.

Hmmm.........I wonder if they really know there's something physical that can happen to the set that would make it go away in 2 week's time (and what is that magic *thing*) or if the 2 week notice is just a, "Maybe you'll learn to live with it" sort of thing. (Good from a "business-profits" side. Bad from a "what's the real problem" side).

post #273 of 3325 Old 04-06-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCEO View Post

When watching tv, if you press the "info" button on the remote a little box will appear on the bottom right corner of the display with a picture of a battery and a meter like thing that says led tv and conventional tv. Does anyone have any idea what it's for? I tried looking for it in the e- manua but no luck.

Ditto! I would like to know as well.
post #274 of 3325 Old 04-06-2011, 02:04 PM

This was just posted on Engadget:
Samsung's 3D TV experience is getting cheaper: two pairs of glasses packed in, $50 for extras

Says all TVs except those that already have the mastermind bundle.
post #275 of 3325 Old 04-06-2011, 07:36 PM

I read somewhere that gently cleaning the panel with a microfiber cloth can help reduce the clouding etc. Also read that messing with the screws in back can do it. I tried both and I have to say it did work a little.

Anyone else have a similar experience?
post #276 of 3325 Old 04-07-2011, 12:06 AM

Does anyone know how to adjust the picture setting when viewing Smart Hub or netflix from the TV build-in wifi?

It seems that the backlight and brightness are set to max when viewing smart hub or watching netflix in smart hub.
post #277 of 3325 Old 04-07-2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
I never knew myself so I thought I'd finally google it - and I've had a samsung LED for two years.

Here's the answer from Samsung's site:

Your LED TV includes a gauge that appears in the lower right corner of
the screen whenever the INFO button is pressed. This gauge shows how
much less energy your LED TV is using, compared to a conventional
television set, for the current picture on the screen. During a dark
scene this gauge will be very low, and during bright scenes the gauge
will be higher. There is no way to disable this gauge from appearing
when the INFO button is pressed.
post #278 of 3325 Old 04-07-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegolder

Ditto! I would like to know as well.
I think its supposed to be a power usage comparison to traditional tvs.

EDIT: lol. Beat me to it mrtim.
post #279 of 3325 Old 04-07-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtim View Post
I never knew myself so I thought I'd finally google it - and I've had a samsung LED for two years.

Here's the answer from Samsung's site:

Your LED TV includes a gauge that appears in the lower right corner of
the screen whenever the INFO button is pressed. This gauge shows how
much less energy your LED TV is using, compared to a conventional
television set, for the current picture on the screen. During a dark
scene this gauge will be very low, and during bright scenes the gauge
will be higher. There is no way to disable this gauge from appearing
when the INFO button is pressed.
thanks for the info! I wonder if by conventional they mean the CRT tv's or regular non-led lcd's.
post #280 of 3325 Old 04-07-2011, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

thanks for the info! I wonder if by conventional they mean the CRT tv's or regular non-led lcd's.

I may be wrong, but that should go away if you turn Eco OFF in the settings..... i think. I remember seeing it going thru a **** ton of setting changes i have made, but i dont have it now.
post #281 of 3325 Old 04-09-2011, 07:11 AM

Hi i hope someone can help me but i just got this beautiful tv on Wednesday i set it up and everything. But what sucks is i bought a regular hdmi cable for it from amazon
go to amazon and look up
(AmazonBasics High Speed HDMI Cable (6.5 Feet / 2.0 Meters) - Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return [NEW MODEL])
Everything seems to be working fine until I plug in my xbox 360 and play my FAVORITE game FIFA 11 and then i notice substantial blur like this one game makes my tv look like its wrecked whenever i pass the ball or when the goalkeeper kicks it longs distances you see the lag/blur. I tried the LED motion plus and and Auto motion plus but nothing seems to help. If anything when I have all that off its faster with a bit of the blur.
Sorry for the rant but i remember when my brother bought his sony bravia the display said it was in 120hz and never saw blur opposed to this display when it says 60hz. It mainly seems to happen for FIFA.
I know this might not be the best place to ask the question but i thought it would be ok since im in this products manual section.
Again sorry for the long post just wanted to be detailed but other than that the tv rocks do you think it could only be the game? i tried out other and they seem to be fine.
post #282 of 3325 Old 04-09-2011, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

I know what blur your talking about. First make sure you set up your 360 on its own HDMI port, so you dont have to keep changing the settings. once onto the correct port:

Go to menu > General > settings > Game mode :turn that ON

Then go to

LED motion plus OFF
Auto Motion Plus CLEAR
Dynamic Contrast OFF

The rest of the settings you can use and tweak for your color representation, and for the love of god, turn down the brightness to under 12, but those 4 changes should do the trick.
post #283 of 3325 Old 04-09-2011, 12:52 PM

Does anyone know how to adjust the picture setting when viewing Smart Hub or netflix from the TV build-in wifi?

It seems that the backlight and brightness are set to max when viewing smart hub or watching netflix in smart hub.
post #284 of 3325 Old 04-09-2011, 05:56 PM

Got my 46' 2 days ago .....and boy I'm on the fence. I never considered myself a video connoisseur and certainly am used to letting little things go, but seriously this tv is a hot mess ! It looks great and performs great 85% of the time but seriously, any dark content or 4:3 will reveal the mess that this tv is. I've been adjusting the settings constantly, using recommended ones and such and anything backlit above 10 and brightness above 40 and there is siginificant flashlighting/clouding/bleeding. During the day you can get away with higher settings, but forget about it in the evening. And it is very distracting. I certainly don't like my tv glowing, but personally having them at those levels or below creates an image too dark for me. I got rid of a 5 yr old Phillips 37" LCD that cost half the price(5 yrs ago) and didn't have these problems and the picture was damn good too. I have a 54" Pana plasma in the bedroom that has a fantastic picture that never had me questioning. I have 28 more days with this one, and I have my doubts that it will last.

Edit:I'm certialny on one side of the fence this morning, woke up and went right tho the computer, looking at the panie TC-P50GT30 as a replacement after watching the Fighter last night. Movie only plays in wide screen and even turning the backlight and brightness considerably below the levels above, could not get rid of the clouding and bleeding.Opening/closing credits were such a mess. For this kinda money, this is ridiculous ! Also not sure if the software updated during my initial set up, but have ver. 1002, and if I try to update now says " no new update available".
post #285 of 3325 Old 04-09-2011, 07:00 PM

Getting a good panel is really a crap shoot, even with the 7000 series. Samsung QC stinks even with 2011 model. I am not that picky and I am on the fence about returning my 55D6050. My 2010 UN55C6400 is perfect but I returned two UN46C6400 already. I have dim but large flashlightings, and minimal clouding on my 55D6050.
post #286 of 3325 Old 04-10-2011, 09:11 AM

I also posted this on the Best Buy forums.

First UN55D7000L, BIG time corner bleed, BIG time flashlighting, not acceptable for a 3k TV.

Guys, I'm not being OCD about this. I realize LCD/LED technology will show some corner bleed and perhaps some minor
flashlighting etc but this was not acceptable.

A week later I went back to BB to exchange for a second UN55D7000L.

Got it home, the new TV looked MUCH better. Man, the picture was excellent. There was some minor corner bleed and flashlighting but the blacks were much better and I was happy! I thought it was a done deal.

Two days later it developed an intermittent "banding issue" I could not believe what I was seeing.
I took a double take, wow, not good. I bypassed my Denon receiver an swapped out for a new HDMI cable, same story, sometimes there, sometimes not. NOT COOL!! it's more pronounced on the left side when it acts up. Ignore the light from the windows in the picture and look a the band across the bottom. This is the 2nd TV, perhaps I should have kept the first one..

BB probably isn't going to be happy for a 3rd exchange but.. I'd love to love the TV when/if I get a good one! What would you do?

Wish me luck.

post #287 of 3325 Old 04-10-2011, 10:21 AM

I feel for ya'. It's a bothersome situation at best and a nightmare at worst. I hate it.

In my dedicated 'banding' thread, I posted how yesterday I picked up TV#2. (Just had to know for myself what another set might do) and lo & behold........a vertical band in the EXACT same place, and worse, as TV#1. (This is on a Vizio XVT474SV, their top of the line setup, minus size of course) I kept TV#1 so I'm back to "I guess I'll just have to live with it".

However, to see such mess on Samsung displays is definitely not confidence inspiring. I knew I couldn't use the Samsungs because of poor off-angle viewing (Vizio/LG use IPS panels, much better for this) but regardless, or maybe in lieu of that........you'd think Samsung would at least ensure that if they're going to ditch backlit LED's, they'd be damn sure their 2011 sets are not going to exhibit the typical vocabulary we've all come to abhor.

As I said in the banding thread......the pursuit of the technology appears to be preceding the pursuit of quality.
post #288 of 3325 Old 04-10-2011, 12:05 PM

Is there a way to check the number of usage hours in this tv?
post #289 of 3325 Old 04-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

I also posted this on the Best Buy forums.

First UN55D7000L, BIG time corner bleed, BIG time flashlighting, not acceptable for a 3k TV.

Guys, I'm not being OCD about this. I realize LCD/LED technology will show some corner bleed and perhaps some minor
flashlighting etc but this was not acceptable.

A week later I went back to BB to exchange for a second UN55D7000L.

Got it home, the new TV looked MUCH better. Man, the picture was excellent. There was some minor corner bleed and flashlighting but the blacks were much better and I was happy! I thought it was a done deal.

Two days later it developed an intermittent "banding issue" I could not believe what I was seeing.
I took a double take, wow, not good. I bypassed my Denon receiver an swapped out for a new HDMI cable, same story, sometimes there, sometimes not. NOT COOL!! it's more pronounced on the left side when it acts up. Ignore the light from the windows in the picture and look a the band across the bottom. This is the 2nd TV, perhaps I should have kept the first one..

BB probably isn't going to be happy for a 3rd exchange but.. I'd love to love the TV when/if I get a good one! What would you do?

Wish me luck.

What is the source being displayed here where this issue is occurring?
post #290 of 3325 Old 04-10-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri072 View Post

Is there a way to check the number of usage hours in this tv?

good question.
post #291 of 3325 Old 04-10-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdawson View Post

What is the source being displayed here where this issue is occurring?

I first noticed it on the 2nd day on the 2nd TV while watching cable. It was late, I didn't want to get "into it" so I ignored it. The next day, it was fine - I figured maybe it was the cable broadcast. Day after that, I was watching a blu-ray (all HDMI feeds FYI) and there it was again! I wasn't dreaming. Watched two movies via the blu-ray player with a friend (the same friend who helped me exchange the TV) and he agreed with me it was horrible. It's like it will be there for a few hours, then gone for a few hours. I have not seen it yet today.

I'm watching baseball right now and the picture is excellent, no banding, It seems to come and go. It was also present when I bypassed the AVR and tried a new HDMI cable (when it was acting up). Another thing I noticed, when I was tweaking the settings the first night, toggling between dynamic contrast settings; when I'd set it to low, the picture would jump around like it was being shocked. I exited out of the menu, came back, it was fine..

Pretty sad story for a 3k TV. Other than that, it's excellent!

**EDIT**

I believe the banding is there all the time, it's just more apparent depending what it on the screen.
post #292 of 3325 Old 04-10-2011, 06:21 PM

Just out of curiosity. Mine says made in Mexico? How about your TV?

-ResonantEcho

Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevin.l.bass
post #293 of 3325 Old 04-11-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:

Hey smo, what's your "Version No:" from the sticker on the box/back of the TV?

Just finished up moving apartments around NYC- box is still at my old place, i'll grab the ## off the back of the TV tonight if I can, if not i'll get it off the box Thursday.

Loving this thing so far, did some tweaking to my liking based on my photographs that I've tweaked on the PC and are perfect to my eyes (shot with 5dm2 70-200 f2.8)

This thing is killer.

I have noticed that my light corner bleed has subsided and only noticeable when i first turn the TV on. I will eventually get around to taking some pics and posting them up w/ settings.
post #294 of 3325 Old 04-11-2011, 02:57 PM

I returned the first 55D7000 to BB and got another.

Still has the corner bleed/flashlight/cloud but not as bad.

I don't know what to do...because i fear it could get worse with time or could be indicative of poor overall quality etc.

Should I go Plasma? hmmm
post #295 of 3325 Old 04-11-2011, 04:55 PM

Droozy Thank you so much for letting me know that now im content with this t.v. this is the major issue that had me stressing now It's set.
One last question to you or others is there anyway to up the 60hz? like up to 120hz? I turned off all the motion plus stuff etc and it still says 60hz instead of 120hz. or is it not possible that would probably be my last concern
post #296 of 3325 Old 04-11-2011, 07:01 PM

Took some more pics don't worry I resized

post #297 of 3325 Old 04-11-2011, 07:11 PM

Here's a another black level test. I'm trying to show what clouding/flash lighting I can get out of the t.v, but it seems (for me) to only to show up on extreme viewing angles. So enjoy

post #298 of 3325 Old 04-12-2011, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJake View Post

I returned the first 55D7000 to BB and got another.

Still has the corner bleed/flashlight/cloud but not as bad.

I don't know what to do...because i fear it could get worse with time or could be indicative of poor overall quality etc.

Should I go Plasma? hmmm

Depends, do you like watching movies in the dark? Then get plasma for sure.
LCD tv looks better in daylight because they are brighter and have better natural black filter
post #299 of 3325 Old 04-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

I have clouding on my set...but honestly it depends on the source. It's not distracting unless I look for it. It's not worth taking the set back to the store, getting a new one and setting it all up. I'm not that much of a perfectionist.
post #300 of 3325 Old 04-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResonantEcho View Post

Samsung support told me to give it two weeks. This coming Friday will be the day.

I haven't noticed any difference thus far.

Hi guys did the clouding go away in the 2 week period (or did you end up returning)?

Also is your clouding somewhat black/blueish from off angle viewing?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46d7000 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d7000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page