Official Samsung UNXXD7000 Owners' Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Member
 
ResonantEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambooben View Post

So looked at the 7000 and 8000 some more since I'm still trying to decide between the 3. Both Samsungs on display had really bad flashlighting. I did play with the 7000 setting some, even turning down the backlight to 9 (was at like 16), and it was still extremely noticeable.

My clouding has gotten worse. Unfortunately, I'm outside my 30 day return period (Best Buy). So now I'm worried I've got a $2500 TV that I'm not going to be able to get fixed. Samsung recommended waiting at least 2 weeks to see if the clouding got better. Then another. I meant to get it back before the 30 days but got extremely busy with others things (tornado clipped my house and death of a close friend) and ended up going over the 30 day return period.

I was watching "I Am Number Four" the other night. The clouding really showed throughout this movie. Yes, if I turn down the back lighting it helps SOME. However, I don't think that ought to be the fix. I don't know about others but it kind of ruins it for me.

My clouding is in all four corners. The upper right hand corner bleeds all the way into the middle of the screen. Also, a really bad one from the bottom middle of the TV up to the center.

So now I'm hoping I can get Samsung to fix this. This is unacceptable. I went with Samsung because just about every one of my family members and friends have one (older models). I would have done better to get one of the older models. The picture quality is just about as good without the clouding.

-ResonantEcho

Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevin.l.bass
ResonantEcho is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Member
 
MelonSplitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Bernardino, CA.
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolRiver45 View Post

I got my UN46d7000 today, but I had to return it.
It had two problems, the first problem was that the top 1/4 of the screen was darker, much darker than the rest. When I finally got my computer connected I had difficulty seeing the address bar and window buttons.
The second and worse problem was that it had some sort of issue with anything connected via HDMI.
The first thing that I connected was my computer, and the tv would shut off and turn back on every couple of minutes. I thought it may be a compatibility problem with the video card, so I was not worried just yet. At this point I still tought that I could fix this and the first problem in the settings. After trying several changes found that the computer connection was stable if it was through VGA cord.
Ok, left that connected and moved on to my Onkyo receiver. Connected the Onkyo's hdmi output to one of the tv's hdmi inputs. The power cycling problem came back.
By this time I was starting to get worried so I tried the PS3, via hdmi as well to see if there was a pattern. The problem with the PS3 was even worse it would not give me a chance to even try and access the settings. The tv would power cycle so quickly that the only way to stop it was to turn the ps3 off first.
I called samsung to see if they could give some sort of answer to my problem, and of course the first thing the rep did was blame it on my electrical wiring and PS3, then proceded to tell me that I should connect the PS3 via the SCART port.
I have returned the TV and am expecting a replacement. I believe that the technology is good and that I just got unlucky, but I don't much care for the answers I received from Samsung support.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Maybe you should give another one a try. I just got my return back and it is 100 percent to my liking.
MelonSplitter is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Newbie
 
davejj40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
would anyone know where to find the latest updates for the firmware? I tried looking on the Samsung site and could not find any links for this TV. I only ask because my wireless router needs a booster to strengthen the signal to my TV, so in the mean time ill have to use external methods to upgrade when the time comes. (I think I have the latest firmware but this is for future references) Thanks again
davejj40 is offline  
Old 05-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Member
 
MelonSplitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Bernardino, CA.
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphers72 View Post

Has anyone tried Samsung's iOS app with the new 2011 Samsung TVs? Last year's models didn't allow the app to turn the TV on because the network port got turned off when the TV got turned off which made the app completely useless.

Has anyone checked whether the app is now able to turn the TV on with this year's models?

Thanks.

If your talking about the Android phone app then yes, I tried it. It works like a charm. No problems and full functionality
MelonSplitter is offline  
Old 05-20-2011, 08:08 PM
LSZ
Newbie
 
LSZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any having issues getting their 3D to work?

I recently bought a UN55D7000 with the Shrek 3D starter kit. Also bought a BD-C5900 Blu-ray player. I have 3D mode turned on with the TV as I can see it has that blurry effect but the glasses don't seen be working with the TV.

When I turn the glasses on, the red light turns on for about 2 secs then goes away. To turn them off I hold the button and it flashes a couple times. So I assume those work. Is it whatever is sending the signals from the TV to the glasses? That's what I've picked up from reading around but is there a way to see this? It's frustrating if that doesn't work with a brand new TV.
LSZ is offline  
Old 05-20-2011, 08:39 PM
Member
 
Rightwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas City , MO
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSZ View Post

Any having issues getting their 3D to work?

I recently bought a UN55D7000 with the Shrek 3D starter kit. Also bought a BD-C5900 Blu-ray player. I have 3D mode turned on with the TV as I can see it has that blurry effect but the glasses don't seen be working with the TV.

When I turn the glasses on, the red light turns on for about 2 secs then goes away. To turn them off I hold the button and it flashes a couple times. So I assume those work. Is it whatever is sending the signals from the TV to the glasses? That's what I've picked up from reading around but is there a way to see this? It's frustrating if that doesn't work with a brand new TV.


It's the opposite.I can't remember how to sync for first time but get up close to tv I think you have to be within 20" and hold it down for a second or two it will blink green to red back and forth a few times to sync.To turn them off hold button a second it will flash red once and be off.There is a little instruction booklet with it I know it's fine print may need magnifying glass lol.
Rightwing is offline  
Old 05-20-2011, 09:07 PM
LSZ
Newbie
 
LSZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightwing View Post

It's the opposite.I can't remember how to sync for first time but get up close to tv I think you have to be within 20" and hold it down for a second or two it will blink green to red back and forth a few times to sync.To turn them off hold button a second it will flash red once and be off.There is a little instruction booklet with it I know it's fine print may need magnifying glass lol.

Thanks for the response but it still doesn't work.

I've never had a green light on either pair yet. I turn them on, red light goes on for a second or two, then goes off and nothing seems to happen after that. Tried sitting right up to the TV, normal viewing distance and far away.
LSZ is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Member
 
grizzified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSZ View Post

Any having issues getting their 3D to work?

I recently bought a UN55D7000 with the Shrek 3D starter kit. Also bought a BD-C5900 Blu-ray player. I have 3D mode turned on with the TV as I can see it has that blurry effect but the glasses don't seen be working with the TV.

When I turn the glasses on, the red light turns on for about 2 secs then goes away. To turn them off I hold the button and it flashes a couple times. So I assume those work. Is it whatever is sending the signals from the TV to the glasses? That's what I've picked up from reading around but is there a way to see this? It's frustrating if that doesn't work with a brand new TV.

With the TV on, bring the glasses close to the TV & hold the button down on the glasses (5 seconds or more) until the TV displays a message the glasses have been paired.
grizzified is offline  
Old 05-21-2011, 06:53 PM
LSZ
Newbie
 
LSZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
3D glasses problem solved and it was something simple and silly.

Best Buy gave me the Shrek kit with the P2100 glasses which are not compatible with the new TV. I went back and exchanged it for the P3100 kit and everything works fine.
LSZ is offline  
Old 05-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Member
 
dambrosioj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When everyone says to loosen the screws on the back of the panel to reduce the clouding/flashlighting are you just loosening the screws on the back or are you taking the back panel off and loosening the screws underneath? I have some minor clouding I would like to see if that fixes it
dambrosioj is offline  
Old 05-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Member
 
fst2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok....went to sears to get a led tv....feel in love with this one. I got it home, connected it and it truly is amazing. However there are some problems.

1st one...after I got done being amazed...I noticed that cloudy problem mostly on one side...so after reading that some of you have exchanged for same model and this fixed it...I tried also.

2nd one...got it home and same problem but mostly in the corners. So I called up samsung and they are sending out a tech to replace the panel. I have a feeling this will not fix it but I guess we will see.

I really love this tv...except for the clouding and really dont want to return this tv...


Will post what happens.


Mike
fst2011 is offline  
Old 05-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Member
 
MelonSplitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Bernardino, CA.
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst2011 View Post

Ok....went to sears to get a led tv....feel in love with this one. I got it home, connected it and it truly is amazing. However there are some problems.

1st one...after I got done being amazed...I noticed that cloudy problem mostly on one side...so after reading that some of you have exchanged for same model and this fixed it...I tried also.

2nd one...got it home and same problem but mostly in the corners. So I called up samsung and they are sending out a tech to replace the panel. I have a feeling this will not fix it but I guess we will see.

I really love this tv...except for the clouding and really dont want to return this tv...


Will post what happens.


Mike

If you don't mind me asking, what day did you call Samsung and what day will a Tech arrive at your home?
MelonSplitter is offline  
Old 05-26-2011, 12:39 AM
Member
 
dambrosioj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone post their settings?

Anyone have the set calibrated yet?


I tried the settings already posted and they seemed to be alittle red, was hoping to try some others. Any recommendations for calibrating?
dambrosioj is offline  
Old 05-26-2011, 05:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Bambooben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst2011 View Post

Ok....went to sears to get a led tv....feel in love with this one. I got it home, connected it and it truly is amazing. However there are some problems.

1st one...after I got done being amazed...I noticed that cloudy problem mostly on one side...so after reading that some of you have exchanged for same model and this fixed it...I tried also.

2nd one...got it home and same problem but mostly in the corners. So I called up samsung and they are sending out a tech to replace the panel. I have a feeling this will not fix it but I guess we will see.

I really love this tv...except for the clouding and really dont want to return this tv...


Will post what happens.


Mike

You didn't mention if you turned your backlight down to something realistic like 9 and brightness down to about 50. That has helped a lot of folks with the same problem.
Bambooben is offline  
Old 05-26-2011, 05:49 AM
Member
 
ResonantEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambooben View Post

You didn't mention if you turned your backlight down to something realistic like 9 and brightness down to about 50. That has helped a lot of folks with the same problem.

In my mind that is the problem. To me there shouldn't be such a thing as a "realistic" setting to prevent clouding. Even if you have it set to DYNAMIC you shouldn't see any. Especially for one of their top of the line televisions.

I was over at my brother-in-law's house last night watching the Mavericks' game on his 2 year old 55" Samsung. Even in complete darkness and set on DYNAMIC there were no clouding issues. None. That's how it it should be.

-ResonantEcho

Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevin.l.bass
ResonantEcho is offline  
Old 05-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Member
 
Rightwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas City , MO
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by resonantecho View Post

in my mind that is the problem. To me there shouldn't be such a thing as a "realistic" setting to prevent clouding. Even if you have it set to dynamic you shouldn't see any. Especially for one of their top of the line televisions.

I was over at my brother-in-law's house last night watching the mavericks' game on his 2 year old 55" samsung. Even in complete darkness and set on dynamic there were no clouding issues. None. That's how it it should be.


this ^^^^^
Rightwing is offline  
Old 05-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Member
 
bunta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Pardon my stupidity... i haven't had much experience with diagnosing clouding issues on LED tvs. Although i do know that i have slight corner bleed issue. Although not enough for me to want to return the set. As far as i am concern, and i may be dead wrong, the clouding issue can only be seen when the entire screen is dark/black. Otherwise, if you watching a movie, the clouding issue is impossible to detect. Correct?

What is the best way to determine whether or not my tv had clouding issues ?? what are the settings you are guys are using to produce this clouding ?

Im not understanding this whole clouding issue... because the clouding can only be seen on a pitch black screen. if its not screwing with the colors of the movie then whats the fuss?

Is this a mental thing?
bunta is offline  
Old 05-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Member
 
wrahn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just bought the 46D7000 at BB with 3D starter kit and Blu-ray 5500 player for $50 less than it was listed for at BB store. I have held off on the delivery because I'll be on a trip and wanted a full 30 days to evaluate it.

There is an old saying about "If it sounds too good to be true.....". I wonder why they are discounting, by almost $500 for this package, this soon after the release of this model? Anyone have any inside knowledge they can share?

Wes
wrahn is offline  
Old 05-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Member
 
fst2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Melon...I called them yesterday and they said they need to order a panel (I think) and said the tech would be here next tues. I truly hope this does fix it.

I really love this tv...everything does look great...but the second you watch a movie that has a dark scene...you forget how great it looks and just cant stop thinking how bad the display looks.

PS: I mentioned in a different post about the remote. Why would they make a freak cool remote that lights up...but forget to make the other side light up. Its just plain dumb...who are these people that "ok" a product.

Hey john...listen dont forget to make the remote light up, so you can see where the volume and channel buttons are,...umm...ok. Hey mike, what about the keyboard side...nah, what person is going to search the web while relaxing on the couch.


Will keep you guys informed on the repair. Also by the way, yes I adjusted the settings and the only way to make the clouding kinda go away...is to lower the setting so much that the display is really...really dark.
fst2011 is offline  
Old 05-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Member
 
ResonantEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst2011 View Post

Will keep you guys informed on the repair.

Please do. If it fixes it I will go the repair route instead of returning for a different brand and size TV.

-ResonantEcho

Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevin.l.bass
ResonantEcho is offline  
Old 05-27-2011, 12:30 AM
Member
 
MelonSplitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Bernardino, CA.
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrahn View Post

I just bought the 46D7000 at BB with 3D starter kit and Blu-ray 5500 player for $50 less than it was listed for at BB store. I have held off on the delivery because I'll be on a trip and wanted a full 30 days to evaluate it.

There is an old saying about "If it sounds too good to be true.....". I wonder why they are discounting, by almost $500 for this package, this soon after the release of this model? Anyone have any inside knowledge they can share?

Wes

There's gotta be a very high percentage of returns for this model just because of the roblems and the freakin price tag. People are willing to pay two thousand plus but have a hard time justifying the flashlight and clouding issues. I returned my first one because of these issues and the second one is a heck of a lot better, just not 100% like I previously posted. Now I am having banding issues. I am at the point of making another decision on keeping this one, knowing this is the nature of the beast or returning it. Maybe I'll keep it and call Samsung later on down the line and they will give me a D8000.
MelonSplitter is offline  
Old 05-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Member
 
slopokeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
first time poster but been on here for while, always researched before I did a big purchase. now my question is to you guys/gals that have this set already did anyone mount them on the wall if so which one did you buy? I should have mine on monday but need to get a mount, also been thinking of getting a Omni articulating mount. lets here's some feedback. hope I dont have issues with mine I chose this one over the sharp 60"
3D 835 model. since they were price basically the same, 2100$
thanks in advance
Ernie
slopokeR is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Droozy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have really been playing with the settings, and started using standard mode.

Like most people everyones first choice is warm 2. But when I started playing with the BDWISe settings it always used standard. So I deecided to using that as a starting point, and m starting to dig the non warm 2 glow.

Ill post the settings tomorrow, to see what you guys think.
Droozy is offline  
Old 05-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Member
 
MelonSplitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Bernardino, CA.
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droozy View Post

I have really been playing with the settings, and started using standard mode.

Like most people everyones first choice is warm 2. But when I started playing with the BDWISe settings it always used standard. So I deecided to using that as a starting point, and m starting to dig the non warm 2 glow.

Ill post the settings tomorrow, to see what you guys think.

Thanks Droozy. This is truly appreciated.
MelonSplitter is offline  
Old 05-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Member
 
slopokeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
well got mine today its a H302 panel firmware 001007, came with Qremote. not sure if mine has issues, what is clouding or flashlighting, you can see the lighting in the corners but the screen has to be completely black.
slopokeR is offline  
Old 05-31-2011, 07:26 AM
Member
 
MelonSplitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Bernardino, CA.
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokeR View Post

well got mine today its a H302 panel firmware 001007, came with Qremote. not sure if mine has issues, what is clouding or flashlighting, you can see the lighting in the corners but the screen has to be completely black.

just Google those 2 words and you will find out. How do you like the TV so far?
MelonSplitter is offline  
Old 05-31-2011, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
GalvatronType_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Van down by the river
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Just bought the 55D7000 from Amazon yesterday for a ridiculous price. A few things concern me:

-Amazon was running a promo where if you add the BD5500 and the Shrek/Megamind starter kit, they would ship with the TV free of charge; since I bought from an Amazon partner (Paul's TV), the system wouldn't let me so I bought the TV by itself hoping that I can get the same deal from Samsung's designated free 3D kit website

-I really hope the Q-mote is in the box. What is Samsung's justification for not including it?

-During last year's CES, they showed a touch remote that looked like an iTouch. What happened to that?

-I've read the feedback re: clouding and flashlighting but unless it's hugely noticeable, it probably won't bother me (no offense, but some of you AVSFers are some of the most anal-retentive people I've ever encountered who probably haven't seen natural sunlight in a few years [I kid because I love ] and whose PQ issues probably wouldn't bother 99% of the human, animal, or extraterrestrial population)

I'll post first impressions as soon as it arrives next week.

On a side note, anyone who doesn't at least consider buying online is cheating themselves (especially from Amazon). You can't beat free shipping, no tax, being able to designate shipping date and time, and being free from clueless untrained salespeople trying to foist extended warranties and overpriced wall mounts and Monster cables on you.
GalvatronType_R is offline  
Old 05-31-2011, 01:30 PM
Member
 
slopokeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So far so good, what's with the search engine why can't we enter any content in the address box? They need to get rid of the little pop up box,(lame) also why isn't the remote universal, one thing that I hate is havin to use more than 1 remote.
slopokeR is offline  
Old 05-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Member
 
MelonSplitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Bernardino, CA.
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R View Post

Just bought the 55D7000 from Amazon yesterday for a ridiculous price. A few things concern me:

-Amazon was running a promo where if you add the BD5500 and the Shrek/Megamind starter kit, they would ship with the TV free of charge; since I bought from an Amazon partner (Paul's TV), the system wouldn't let me so I bought the TV by itself hoping that I can get the same deal from Samsung's designated free 3D kit website

-I really hope the Q-mote is in the box. What is Samsung's justification for not including it?

-During last year's CES, they showed a touch remote that looked like an iTouch. What happened to that?

-I've read the feedback re: clouding and flashlighting but unless it's hugely noticeable, it probably won't bother me (no offense, but some of you AVSFers are some of the most anal-retentive people I've ever encountered who probably haven't seen natural sunlight in a few years [I kid because I love ] and whose PQ issues probably wouldn't bother 99% of the human, animal, or extraterrestrial population)

I'll post first impressions as soon as it arrives next week.

On a side note, anyone who doesn't at least consider buying online is cheating themselves (especially from Amazon). You can't beat free shipping, no tax, being able to designate shipping date and time, and being free from clueless untrained salespeople trying to foist extended warranties and overpriced wall mounts and Monster cables on you.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the ridiculous price you paid? The reason for asking is because I paid almost 2400 a couple weeks ago.
MelonSplitter is offline  
Old 05-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Bambooben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R View Post

-I really hope the Q-mote is in the box. What is Samsung's justification for not including it?

-During last year's CES, they showed a touch remote that looked like an iTouch. What happened to that?

The touch remote was show and said to be for the d8000, but was dropped. Word is it was to reduce cost of the set. Supposed to be available from samsung separately.

You should get the remote in the box since it is probably an April build or later. By now you would think Paul's has sold out of older builds. Though, a lot of guys were happy they got the voucher, since it meant they ended up with an extra backup remote.
Bambooben is offline  
 

Tags
Samsung Un46d7000 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d7000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off