Official Samsung UNXXD7000 Owners' Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 3325 Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I had to turn depth up to 7-8 for the full effect (but this introduces very very minor crosstalk so you all may want to keep it at default 5).

Regular TV: I watched the closing round of the Fedex Cup St. Jude's Classic on Sunday. In a word: awesome. The conversion added tangible depth and beyond the window effect.

Netflix: very good. I've watched Psych, Alien vs. Ninja (I was bored, sue me), and some anime and the effect is pretty decent. Not as good as live TV but more than acceptable.

Video games: 3D plane games such as Soul Calibur, Tekken, Gears of War, Halo, were very decent (but not as good as Netflix or live TV). 2D plane games such as Super Street Fighter IV or Marvel vs. Capcom 3 were not as good. No matter how much I turned up the depth, there really wasn't a noticeable difference.

Overall: unlike upconversion of 480p-1080p DVDs, 2D-3D conversion is not a marketing gimmick on the D7000. On the majority of my viewing tests, it did add depth. Of course, it's not as good as native 3D material but it's a decent substitute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 3325 Old 06-15-2011, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambooben View Post

@frankieg24
Did you not see what I posted 2 posts above yours?

Does it do 120 and 240hz automatically? Is there a way to turn it on or off, 120 or 240?

How do I know when its on?
post #543 of 3325 Old 06-15-2011, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevine View Post

Does it do 120 and 240hz automatically? Is there a way to turn it on or off, 120 or 240?

How do I know when its on?

120hz or 240hz they both are on all the time ,it was alwahys like that there is a big difference between thw two aswell 120hz is realy nice its gets the job done ,but 240hz it get the job done and even makes the tv even better i think just to be on the safe side go for the 240hz that is what i will be doing when i pick up a LED tv this year .Hope this helped
post #544 of 3325 Old 06-16-2011, 08:11 PM

i just upgraded to firmware 1013.3 and it broke my web browser.

it just keeps trying to load the web browser and then flashes the previous source channel for a second and then loading screen (spinning circles) and then flashes the source again, loading screen, source, loading screen etc etc.
post #545 of 3325 Old 06-16-2011, 08:25 PM

Liked: 11
Today I finished the installation of my new 46D7000 and it looks great. I replaced a 7 year old Samsung DLP which is still going, and I also replaced my Yamaha RX-V595 with a new RX-V471 Receiver Amplifier. I also changed out my DVD for a Samsung BluRay D5500. I also have the Comcast Cisco cable box RNG 200 installed in place of the old Explorer 8300HD.

I haven't figured out all the settings needed to integrate the system, but it sure was nice to get rid of all the cables I had and use the HDMI cables. Cable box and BluRay HDMI inputs to my V471 and one HDMI from the V471 to the 46D7000.

I haven't seen any problems (clouding and flashlight), but I'm not real sure what to look for. I'll continue with my evaluation and I'm sure I'll have questions. Just wish I had a real manual to study, to figure out what I'm doing. No one seems to provide any manuals.

Thanks to all who have posted and I look forward to "hearing" from you.

Wes
post #546 of 3325 Old 06-16-2011, 09:06 PM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrahn View Post

...Just wish I had a real manual to study, to figure out what I'm doing. No one seems to provide any manuals.

Wes

Download the manual

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...UN46D7000LFXZA
post #547 of 3325 Old 06-16-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykotik View Post

i just upgraded to firmware 1013.3 and it broke my web browser.

it just keeps trying to load the web browser and then flashes the previous source channel for a second and then loading screen (spinning circles) and then flashes the source again, loading screen, source, loading screen etc etc.

made a video of the problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqgLt_kgncM
post #548 of 3325 Old 06-17-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykotik View Post

made a video of the problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqgLt_kgncM

Where did you get the 1013.3 update? The latest version, at least here in the United States, is 1009.1. Even on Samsung's web site.

Looking at your video it doesn't appear you have a noticeable clouding issue. That's a plus.

-ResonantEcho

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #549 of 3325 Old 06-17-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrahn View Post

I haven't seen any problems (clouding and flashlight), but I'm not real sure what to look for. I'll continue with my evaluation and I'm sure I'll have questions. Just wish I had a real manual to study, to figure out what I'm doing. No one seems to provide any manuals.

Thanks to all who have posted and I look forward to "hearing" from you.

Wes

Hello Wes.

You probably won't notice the clouding issue until you watch a movie in the dark and a dark scene is being shown.

However, I notice it even when I turn on my Samsung and the logo is displaying.

-ResonantEcho

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #550 of 3325 Old 06-17-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp View Post

Download the manual

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...UN46D7000LFXZA

I have the downloaded copy, but I'm the type who likes to have the paper manual when setting up and troubleshooting equipment. I know a lot of the manuals are difficult to interpret even when you have it on paper, but I like the paper. I have ordered a copy of the PDF Owners Manual and it costs $13 plus s&h. The link for parts web site is as follows:

http://www.samsungparts.com/Default.aspx

I also contacted Yamaha and they are sending a "free" printed manual for my RX-V471 AV Receiver.

Thanks for the responses,

Wes
post #551 of 3325 Old 06-17-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResonantEcho View Post

Where did you get the 1013.3 update? The latest version, at least here in the United States, is 1009.1. Even on Samsung's web site.

Looking at your video it doesn't appear you have a noticeable clouding issue. That's a plus.

my TV is the asian version (singapore/australia/new zealand)

got the firmware from here: http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/t...il&tab=support
post #552 of 3325 Old 06-18-2011, 10:34 AM

My device surprised me by asking me to upgrade to v.1013, as I turned on my TV today. It must have downloaded the firmware when it is on standby. I just accepted it and it took less than a minute to upgrade. Anyone have ideas about this new firmware? Does it fix anything, does it bring any new supported format, such as 3D wmv?

P.S. My browser is still working after the upgrade.
post #553 of 3325 Old 06-19-2011, 02:14 PM

Hi,
I was wondering if you could help me out, I using your updated picture setting on my tv, but for some reson I'm unable to change the setting of the HDMI Black Level: Low.
It's not highlited and it jumps right over it.
Could I be doing something wrong? What can I do to enable this setting?

Thanks for your help...
post #554 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 04:08 AM

Hi,

does anyone have a calibration setting for the PS3 and the UN46D7000?

Thanks....
post #555 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 05:20 AM

hello,

I hesitate between this tv and the hx729.

Is there a lot of clouding on this tv?

how is the input lag on this tv? i like to play on line FPS like battlefield, is it disturbing??

how is the 3d mode?

Is it possible to watch streaming on megavideo on this tv with the flash player in the browser?

thanks
post #556 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 AM

Short and sweet answer...NO YOU SHOULD NOT BUY THIS TV. For the price we should not be experiencing any clouding or banding, both of which have been driving me crazy. I’ve used both Droozy’s and Markproper’s (backlight a little low for my taste) settings and have substantial banding in almost every environment on every source. As with everyone else, it’s more noticeable with darker material or smoky scenes; the movie Salt when she’s underneath the church or RE Afterlife when they are under water.
My first call to Samsung they told me to drop the backlight to 10 and wait 2 months. I told them I would wait two weeks. After the banding started I called again and they said to drop the backlight to 7 and wait another two weeks. Of course I requested a serve call and they’re supposed to come out this week. I’ll keep you all posted. Buydig, where I purchased this tv, doesn’t take returns of this type and have washed their hands of this. Lesson learned.
On a positive note for those of us that are stuck in this hole, Galvatron Type R’s recommendations about wall mounting noticeably improved my cloudiness!! This occurred instantly so I’m sure of the results. It’s still apparent in all four corners and a few other spots but much improved. The banding is much more of an issue.
Lastly, I wanted to thank everyone for the information on this thread. It takes time to participate and the info is appreciated. I wish I had found this info prior to this purchase though….
post #557 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 09:14 AM

So far, we have enjoyed our new 46D7000 and have not experienced any of the problems some others have had. I'm using a new AV Receiver, Yamaha RX-V471 and running the HDMI output to the TV and have also connected a Samsung BluRay Player, D5500 using the HDMI connection to the AV receiver. My main input signal is a Comcast cable box, Cisco RNG 200, with the cable in and an HDMI cable to the AV receiver. I bought the HDMI cables from Monoprice.com and they are supposed to be 1.4a certified (not sure what that all means).

I still haven't been able to figure out all the settings with the controls. I can turn on the tv and the cable box with the Comcast remote, but so far no luck with integrating the RV receiver with the Comcast remote. I've ordered the paper manuals from Yamaha and Samsung for the AV receiver and the 46D7000. Once I get them, I'll try to get the controls integrated. I have the pdf files, but at my age I like to flip pages not screens.

As far as calibration is concerned, I'm using the "HOME" setting out of the box and my wife thinks it's great. So far I haven't met the flashlight and clouding, and I hope I don't. My TV indicates it was made in Mexico in June 2011 and the panel is H-301 (what ever that means). I still have the DVD "Digital Video Essentials" but it indicates "NTSC Component" on the instructions, so I,m not sure I can use it for HDMI. I used it for my Samsung DLP which is still going after seven years. It is starting to get shaky, hence the reason I have upgraded to the D7000.

The only problems I have noticed is with figuring out the set-ups and a problem with playing my "homemade" DVDs of trips we have taken. The DVDs were made using Pinnacle Studio and have worked fine using a SD JVC Player. Some of my DVDs will work, but others freeze up the player near the beginning. The Shrek 3D DVD works and so do the commercial DVDs I have played.

I've upgraded my TV via wireless, and the bluRay via USB. I'm using the second D5500 player with the same results. Looks like I'll be looking for a different brand of BluRay player.

Thanks for everyone's inputs and I'll keep reporting as I discover how to use my new Samsung.

Wes
post #558 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 09:15 AM

Does anyone have any photos of the banding and/or clouding issues with this TV? I'm curious what it actually looks like.

I'm also a little concerned with the lag issues not in game mode, and PQ issues when game mode is on. Can anyone comment?
post #559 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 09:36 AM

Check post# 148 for flashlight/clouding. It's usually much worse in person. I'll try to get some pics of my banding, bad week for it thought. It's a great tv otherwise. My only analogy is buying the nicest BMW, finest leather, best acceleration, beautiful paint job….but the faint smell of animal dung a couple times a day that gets worse depending on the time of day.
post #560 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyly View Post

Check post# 148 for flashlight/clouding. It's usually much worse in person. I'll try to get some pics of my banding, bad week for it thought. It's a great tv otherwise. My only analogy is buying the nicest BMW, finest leather, best acceleration, beautiful paint job.but the faint smell of animal dung a couple times a day that gets worse depending on the time of day.

Thanks. Is it more noticeable in dark rooms? My LR is usually reasonably if not very well lit.
post #561 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 10:34 AM

It should be much more noticeable in a dark room. However, you may also see it with plenty of ambient lighting. It just wont be as profound. It's a hard call because it's a nice tv. If you have these issues, you will see them. I didn't know this post existed until I called samsung about this stuff and then did a search. I've read in other treads that all new LED/LCD/Plasm tv's are prone to one issue or another. I would suggest that if you purchase one, go to a local retailer. That way you can turn right around and start the exchange process if needed.
post #562 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:

It should be much more noticeable in a dark room. However, you may also see it with plenty of ambient lighting. It just wont be as profound. It's a hard call because it's a nice tv. If you have these issues, you will see them. I didn't know this post existed until I called samsung about this stuff and then did a search. I've read in other treads that all new LED/LCD/Plasm tv's are prone to one issue or another. I would suggest that if you purchase one, go to a local retailer. That way you can turn right around and start the exchange process if needed.

I agree totally with Smyly about the local retail store. I know there are other bargains out there, but by the time you pay for mailing back the TV and spending the time getting return approval, you can already have your money back or a replacement. Of course, you have to have a retail store close by that will work with you. I've already exchanged my BD-D5500 BluRay Player and also plan to take the new one back. I'll also be able to demonstrate what my problem is to them which would be difficult to do with an internet store.

Keep the posts coming it sure help us all,

Wes
post #563 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetooth81 View Post

My device surprised me by asking me to upgrade to v.1013, as I turned on my TV today. It must have downloaded the firmware when it is on standby. I just accepted it and it took less than a minute to upgrade. Anyone have ideas about this new firmware? Does it fix anything, does it bring any new supported format, such as 3D wmv?

P.S. My browser is still working after the upgrade.

Thanks for letting us know you're living in Turkey. I guess your model's firmware must be different than the ones here in the USA, therefore your upgrade is different as well.

Wes
post #564 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu13es View Post

Does anyone have any photos of the banding and/or clouding issues with this TV? I'm curious what it actually looks like.

I'm also a little concerned with the lag issues not in game mode, and PQ issues when game mode is on. Can anyone comment?

If you look at the customer submitted picture posted on the sales page at Amazon.com you can see a perfect example, even with a low set backlight.
post #565 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 12:02 PM

Does anyone have any idea how obligated, if at all, Samsung is in providing an issue free product through their warranty service? I'm just curious if they can argue that these issues are inherent to the tv.
post #566 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonSplitter View Post
I have the 55 inch D7000 and am having "light" banding and flashlight issues. Not a deal breaker because they are issues that are the nature of the beast in owning LED tech. To tell you the truth I am on the fence about returning it. I am considering the PN59D8000 but am concerned about heat dissapation issue.
if u are worryed about the heat on the PN59D8000 then i will tell u this i have seen that tv and it gets really hot its a plasma so u get what u pay for wiht a plasma and the same goes for the d7000 u get what u pay for with a LED TV so if i were to tell u witch one is the one to keep i would say the d7000 because it has a better enagery star rateing ,good luck
post #567 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 06:11 PM

i been reading alot on this forums room and i see that most people ordered there tvs on the internet idk why people are doing that the reson why i dont buy tvs on amizion is because u never know what kind of tv u are geting intill u hook it all up and to me i could careless about saveing a few bucks even on amizion ,so to everone that is looking on buying a D7000 or a D8000 u sould buy them instore only dont take a change and buy online u are wasteing ur time and your hard earn cash .and alwhys buy a warrenty
post #568 of 3325 Old 06-20-2011, 08:23 PM

I guess I'm one of the few lucky ones. No issues so far (knock wood).
post #569 of 3325 Old 06-21-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
i been reading alot on this forums room and i see that most people ordered there tvs on the internet idk why people are doing that the reson why i dont buy tvs on amizion is because u never know what kind of tv u are geting intill u hook it all up and to me i could careless about saveing a few bucks even on amizion ,so to everone that is looking on buying a D7000 or a D8000 u sould buy them instore only dont take a change and buy online u are wasteing ur time and your hard earn cash .and alwhys buy a warrenty
Well this was helpful...the parts I could understand

Any who, a local tech came today and picked up my 7000. Not the most pleasant experience, I stress the word local. He also felt the banding was too prominent. I should know something by the end of the week. If Samsung makes good on this and provides a new panel, that would say something about the company. I've read many manufacturers won't.
post #570 of 3325 Old 06-21-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Well this was helpful...the parts I could understand

Any who, a local tech came today and picked up my 7000. Not the most pleasant experience, I stress the word local. He also felt the banding was too prominent. I should know something by the end of the week. If Samsung makes good on this and provides a new panel, that would say something about the company. I've read many manufacturers won't.
i know my speiiling is not that good ,but i guess this is somewhat good news ,i hope u get a new tv back and its better then the last one ,i was really thinking about geting the D7000 just because i love the why the tv looks and to me i think the pq looks nice ,but u never know .were did u buy your tv did u order online or did u go into the store and buy it upfront .me i will just go to the store and buy it upfront i dont got the time to deal with people online .good luck
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46d7000 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d7000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page