Official Samsung UNXXD7000 Owners' Thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-07-2011, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So my UN55D700 that I got from Samsung authorized dealer buydig.com that came w 3D wifi bd player and 3D starter kit for $2079 shipped no tax(took 5 business days delivery) came in good condition. I went thru fatwallet and got 1.5% cashback so it was about $2048. I highly recommend anyone to cop from buydig.com if your in the market for the D7000. Great customer service and excellent trucking delivery w great communication and constant updates b

Anyways, been rocking it on the wall since 6/28 and it's gorgeous! A beautiful display. I've noticed sole clouding on the corners but very minimal. But I dot really care, nothings perfect and I can't be too picky or else it'll drive me insane. Best thing I do is just to not think about it.

I have my UN55D7000 connected to a 7.2 receiver HDMi and everything sounds good on top of a great picture. The PS3 and COD is great. I'm not experiencing any lag in game mode off or on and I'm a serious gamer. 3D movies look great as well.

$2048 was a great investment for me! Then now I hear that amazon has the same deal for prime members for about $1999 2 day shipping. A $50 difference doesn't bug me much.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 10:44 AM

I forgot to mention I used the calibration settings OP suggested. Works great.

Another cool thing is that the samsung/qwerty keyboard can navigate ps3 XMB controls! As well as the samsung smart tv remote app for iPhone users.

I'm sticking w the Netflix on my ps3 because IMO it's a little faster than the smart hubs Netflix.
LL
Old 07-07-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

I've never had a bad time with Samsung.

Then why did you ask for pros and cons?

It's interesting that you're getting responses to your question that include "nothings perfect" and "Best thing I do is just to not think about it. These are red flags. If you can adopt this mentality, this tv is perfect for you. I've said before, under the right conditions, the picture is outstanding and probably the best I've ever seen (great 3d). Under the wrong conditions it's the worst I've ever seen. The problem is not whether you will notice the banding, clouding, flashlighting, or grid marks, it's how much worse, or better, yours will be than the other guy. I'm on my second panel and I would not get the same tv. You really need to read these threads, 2k is a lot of money.

Also, go through a local retailer. If something is wrong you can turn right around a take it back. No shipping, no service calls. It's worth the extra money. Either way you go, I hope the best for your experience.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyly View Post

You need to read this thread, and the UND8000 thread, beginning to end before you do that. For the amount of money you are getting ready to spend, it's worth your time. If you are a gambler than play the Samsung lottery and take your chances.

He works at BestBuy, I'm sure he knows what he needs to know.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:06 PM

I'm receiving my 55 D7000 tomorrow. I have heard that there can be some serious light leakage coming from the bezel - as in the picture from Amazon below:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41o0ks47V2L.jpg

Is this a rare situation, or have others here seen this?

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2011, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post

I'm receiving my 55 D7000 tomorrow. I have heard that there can be some serious light leakage coming from the bezel - as in the picture from Amazon below:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41o0ks47V2L.jpg

Is this a rare situation, or have others here seen this?

Thanks!

while i dont own this D7000 from what i have seen and been hearing that the light comeing into the tv that was just a hardware problem out of the box for some people and also that was when the tvs first came out so i would say just to be safe get a longer warrenty and u sould be ok because i mean i am sure samsung have worked out all the problems with makeing these tvs now its been like what 5 months or 6 months so dont worry i think u are safe and i rate the safeness out of a 1 out of 10 i give it a 9.0
Old 07-08-2011, 09:43 AM

What is the latest version of this set? H301, H302?
Old 07-08-2011, 10:20 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post

What is the latest version of this set? H301, H302?

My UN46D7000 indicates it was made in Mexico in June 2011 and the panel is H-301 (what ever that means). Not sure it was just assembled in Mexico, or if the parts are also made in Mexico.

Wes
Old 07-08-2011, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:

Then why did you ask for pros and cons?

It's interesting that you're getting responses to your question that include "nothings perfect" and "Best thing I do is just to not think about it. These are red flags. If you can adopt this mentality, this tv is perfect for you. I've said before, under the right conditions, the picture is outstanding and probably the best I've ever seen (great 3d). Under the wrong conditions it's the worst I've ever seen. The problem is not whether you will notice the banding, clouding, flashlighting, or grid marks, it's how much worse, or better, yours will be than the other guy. I'm on my second panel and I would not get the same tv. You really need to read these threads, 2k is a lot of money.

Also, go through a local retailer. If something is wrong you can turn right around a take it back. No shipping, no service calls. It's worth the extra money. Either way you go, I hope the best for your experience.

I've never had a problem with SAMSUNG. Doesn't mean i didn't need to know the pros and cons of a set I'd be buying. A lot of these threads post out "problems" that are never actually problems at all. It's always some stupid test to see if it has an issue. Which IMO is just dumb because if you can't notice issues during normal viewing. Why bother worrying about it to begin with.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrahn

My UN46D7000 indicates it was made in Mexico in June 2011 and the panel is H-301 (what ever that means). Not sure it was just assembled in Mexico, or if the parts are also made in Mexico.

Wes
Mine just arrived today. It says H302 on the box. I would think that 302 is newer than 301. Does it matter?
Old 07-08-2011, 03:56 PM

Hey boys i see in this thread theres been some people asking questions bout input lag and theres not been alot of answers,

can some people that own this television and also game Kindly let people know if thee lag onn this television is Nott that bad and its good for gaming for 360 and ps3 ????????????????????????????????????

Thanks
Old 07-08-2011, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

No grid, but I do have all the other problems associated with this tv. Just my 2 cents, I would return and try again. It's much faster than fighting with Samsung. With all the other problems you shouldn't have to suffer with this also. This is a niche tv and you don't fall into it.

I'm wondering if the grid has to do with the micro dimming, which from the little I've read, the micro dimming plus refines even more to supposedly be down to the pixel, while regular micro dimming breaks it up into squares, which sounds like what I'm seeing, and definitely seems to be related to how bright the image is.

I decided to trade in the d7000 for a pn59d6500 plasma, my first ever, just so I didn't have to deal with the lighting issues, but to my dismay, I discovered that Plasma is very much like CRTs in how it refreshes...and I've always been incredibly sensitive to flicker at 60Hz. ....

So, now I'm wondering if the micro dimming plus will at least fix the grid I saw with the d7000, and maybe I'll get lucky with the lighting on that, as well, if I can't manage to adjust to a flickery world I thought was long gone by.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Can anybody tell me how effective the "Cinema black" feature is during letterboxed viewing? Does it work when watching 4:3 material to black out the left and right black bars or only for widescreen top and bottom bars? And does it actually help hide any flashlighting normally visible on the bars?

EDIT: Hmm, I think I just found out that the cinema black feature is only available on the 8000 series, is that correct? What a disappointment.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Standard Mode Settings for more pop:

Picture Mode: Standard
Backlight: 11
Contrast: 98
Brightness: 42
Sharpness: 16
Color: 53
Tint: G48/R52

Advance Settings

Black Tone: Dark
Dynamic Contrast off
Shadow Detail: 0
Gamma: 0
Color Space: Auto
White Balance: no change _nothing to calibrate it with
10p White Balance: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
Edge Enhancement: Off
Motion Lighting: Off
LED Motion Plus: Off

Picture Options

Color Tone: Standard
Digital Noise Filter: low
MPEG Noise Filter: Auto
HDMI Black Level: Low
Auto Motion Plus: clear
Old 07-11-2011, 07:04 AM

Just got my set and got it set up and calibrated. It looks fantastic and I love the thin bezel... It makes the image look like it's floating in mid air.

However, I am having the most frustrating issue and I cannot figure out how to fix it. I have the TV plugged into a Time Warner Samsung DVR box and whenever I press the "guide" or the "list" buttons on the remote, the TW screen that comes up is shown twice, on top of the screen and on the bottom. I have no idea what to do. I have tried to turn 3D off just to see if it's doing something goofy, but that doesn't help. Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone run into this?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris968 View Post

Just got my set and got it set up and calibrated. It looks fantastic and I love the thin bezel... It makes the image look like it's floating in mid air.

However, I am having the most frustrating issue and I cannot figure out how to fix it. I have the TV plugged into a Time Warner Samsung DVR box and whenever I press the "guide" or the "list" buttons on the remote, the TW screen that comes up is shown twice, on top of the screen and on the bottom. I have no idea what to do. I have tried to turn 3D off just to see if it's doing something goofy, but that doesn't help. Does anyone have any ideas? Has anyone run into this?

I think thats a time warner issue. I was messing with the settings of my settop box and that happened. I changed them back afterwards. I would call TW to do a complete reset of your box before changing anything on the TV.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laggerific View Post

I decided to trade in the d7000 for a pn59d6500 plasma, my first ever, just so I didn't have to deal with the lighting issues, but to my dismay, I discovered that Plasma is very much like CRTs in how it refreshes...and I've always been incredibly sensitive to flicker at 60Hz. ....

I had a 46D7000 and took it back for the 46D8000, but I've not received it yet. So, I was thinking maybe I should have gotten the PN51D8000 Samsung Plasma and do away with the flash-lighting for good rather than hope I get a GOOD LED TV.

Anyone have any ideas about the Plasma over the LED? Most of the Best Buy folks like the Plasma.

Thanks,

Wes
Old 07-11-2011, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrahn View Post

I had a 46D7000 and took it back for the 46D8000, but I've not received it yet. So, I was thinking maybe I should have gotten the PN51D8000 Samsung Plasma and do away with the flash-lighting for good rather than hope I get a GOOD LED TV.

Anyone have any ideas about the Plasma over the LED? Most of the Best Buy folks like the Plasma.

Thanks,

Wes

The only main down fall for plasma vs led is brightness. If you watch tv with windows open or a bright environment. The plasma will look washed out a bit. If you don't mind dimming the lights a bit. There really isn't any reason to not consider the plasma.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:55 PM

Thanks Droozy. Will try it when I get home tonight.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droozy View Post

Standard Mode Settings for more pop:

Picture Mode: Standard
Backlight: 11
Contrast: 98
Brightness: 42
Sharpness: 16
Color: 53
Tint: G48/R52

Advance Settings

Black Tone: Dark
Dynamic Contrast off
Shadow Detail: 0
Gamma: 0
Color Space: Auto
White Balance: no change _nothing to calibrate it with
10p White Balance: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
Edge Enhancement: Off
Motion Lighting: Off
LED Motion Plus: Off

Picture Options

Color Tone: Standard
Digital Noise Filter: low
MPEG Noise Filter: Auto
HDMI Black Level: Low
Auto Motion Plus: clear

Any reason why my HDMI black level would be blacked out and cant be changed with these settings?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:15 AM

Noob here and can not find an answer in the forum at all.

Looking to purchase this TV and wanted to know if, when hooked up to an external hard drive via Airport Express, it will stream MP4 files directly from the drive?

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post
The only main down fall for plasma vs led is brightness. If you watch tv with windows open or a bright environment. The plasma will look washed out a bit. If you don't mind dimming the lights a bit. There really isn't any reason to not consider the plasma.
For me the main downfall for the plasma unit I returned was image retention....it was bad.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:26 PM

In spite a majority in avsforum recommending Plasma over LCD, I pulled the trigger on UNP60D7000 today

Everytime I read the posts, I get terrified of the various issues plaguing the edge lit LED TVs and get convinced to buy the plasma and everytime I go to Frys/Bestbuy to check out, I get draw towards the LED.. ( I do have the older Panny TH-50PX600U plasma.. but the picture gets washed out in my living room)

I will post my impression on I get it delivered and set it up. Now to look for configuration settings

Cheers!
Old 07-13-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anismo View Post

In spite a majority in avsforum recommending Plasma over LCD, I pulled the trigger on UNP60D7000 today

Everytime I read the posts, I get terrified of the various issues plaguing the edge lit LED TVs and get convinced to buy the plasma and everytime I go to Frys/Bestbuy to check out, I get draw towards the LED.. ( I do have the older Panny TH-50PX600U plasma.. but the picture gets washed out in my living room)

I will post my impression on I get it delivered and set it up. Now to look for configuration settings

Cheers!

Congrats on your purchase. I must say I'm feeling just like you right now, but I actually pulled the trigger on the PN59D7000 last week & im considering taking it back and getting the UN60D7000! I watched avatar bluray last night on the plasma in completely dark room wasn't as impressed as the bluray I saw on the led in BB today. I'm very indecisive right now. I'm anticipating your feedback on that LED. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdownshame View Post

Congrats on your purchase. I must say I'm feeling just like you right now, but I actually pulled the trigger on the PN59D7000 last week & im considering taking it back and getting the UN60D7000! I watched avatar bluray last night on the plasma in completely dark room wasn't as impressed as the bluray I saw on the led in BB today. I'm very indecisive right now. I'm anticipating your feedback on that LED. Thanks.

Yes. The image looked very good to me (and I went multiple location to see). The Plasma you mentioned looked very nice too, but it was in a light controlled location. But, to me, the LED TV looked very good under both bright and dark conditions . I also got the TV with the 3d bluray to me player and starter kit for 2.5k in amazon which was the lowest I have seen since I started to track it.

I should be getting it next week and I will definitely post my impressions.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Anismo, every time I go to Fry's, I walk out pretty convinced I need to find a way to accommodate an LCD too. The vibrancy of the bright-room picture is so much better in the store, and while I realize I wouldn't have both in my house at once, I realize I do watch my TV with the lights up or during the day. So I understand exactly where you are coming from.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
Old 07-14-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRder View Post

I forgot to mention I used the calibration settings OP suggested. Works great.

Another cool thing is that the samsung/qwerty keyboard can navigate ps3 XMB controls! As well as the samsung smart tv remote app for iPhone users.

I'm sticking w the Netflix on my ps3 because IMO it's a little faster than the smart hubs Netflix.

Do you have to pair the remote to the PS3 to do this?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_StrWrs View Post

Do you have to pair the remote to the PS3 to do this?

No I did not. It just automatically started working.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:45 PM

I just saw at Costco they have a bundle for a UN60D7050 that comes with qwerty remote and 2 pairs of 3D glasses for $3K after instant rebate.

A couple of questions for you guys,

1. Is this model the same as the UN60D7000? I assume that its just named different for the Costco bundle.

2. Is this a good price at this time for this unit? I was waiting for the UN65D8000 to go down in price, but I'm tired of waiting and am good with a 60" instead of a 65"

3. I found this on Amazon, seems like a better deal?

Samsung SSG-P3100M Megamind 3D Starter Kit - Black (Compatible with 2011 3D TVs)$152.00 Quantity: 1 Change Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC Add gift options

Samsung UN60D7000 60-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D LED HDTV (Silver)$2,519.99 Quantity: 1 Change Sold by: Paul's TV Add gift options

Samsung BD-D5500 3D Blu-ray Disc Player (Black) $149.00

Order Summary
Items (3): $2,820.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Total Before Tax: $2,820.99
Estimated Tax To Be Collected:* $0.00
Order Total: $2,820.99

The only downside is that I would have to wait! I don't necessarily need the 3D Blu Ray Player since I've already got a PS3.

Input is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-15-2011, 05:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 634
My guess is that it's the same TV functionally, but lord, Samsung has way too much SKUs. As for where to buy, I can't tell you that. I can say Costco offers 90 days of return time and a 2 year warranty as a matter of course. I can also say that Paul's price is obviously a great deal cheaper, you can dump the BluRay player off and make back another $100-125.

I'm not blown away by the price overall, however, given the Samsung's don't get the most amazing reviews and, for example, you could get a Sharp 835 for $1000 less or a Sony NX 720 for $400 less.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)

Tags
Samsung Un46d7000 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d7000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg