Forum Jump: 

Old 07-23-2011, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGM View Post

I've seen that type of stuff in samsung bezel's since they started doing touch of color. I actually had to return an old a650 because there was that plastic stuff sticking out of the bezel and in front of the screen. It is a pretty hard flexible plastic that's not easily pulled or cut. I'm guessing it's part of the manufacturing process.

Ok, I just wondered what it was. It seems to be a normal part of the manufacturing process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2011, 04:24 PM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by insimbi View Post

Does no one else have the folded material under the clear bezel as explained in my photos above?

Actually, another owner had the problem in one of these threads about six to eight weeks ago. Unfortunately, I can't remember whether it was the 6, 7, or 8000 thread. He didn't get any responses however from other owners.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfp View Post

Actually, another owner had the problem in one of these threads about six to eight weeks ago. Unfortunately, I can't remember whether it was the 6, 7, or 8000 thread. He didn't get any responses however from other owners.

LOL. It was probably me. I had the issue with a D6400 before that I ended up returning.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:41 PM

Liked: 12
Anyone had an issue where the control app does not turn on the samsung d7000 or the samsung bd. I have network control on and iPad is allowed. Turns off fine but it seems that it doesn't perform a wake on LAN feature like most other apps do.

I do not condone what i do, but i will not deny myself the pleasure!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anismo View Post
For my UN60D7000, With the Following settings, The flash lighting and clouding (which I could see in pitch black room) are gone. The PQ is amazing as well

I started with the settings from Amazon UN55D7000 thread and tweaked it

Here is my current settings.

Backlight: 6
Contrast: 99
Brightness 46
Sharpness: 25
Color: 46
Tint G 54/R46

Ad...
I tweaked the settings more for both HD TV/Bluray/HTPC feed and I think I am going to stay with these until I get calibration disc . I am real happy with these settings.

For those who are waiting on the fence and reading continuous reviews of flash lighting and clouding (which scared me a bit), I have to say that this is an excellent TV and is very capable of producing stunning image.

One thing that I didnt like too much is the TV's upscaler for non 1080p signals.
I changed my Onkyo 3008 receiver to do the upscaling to 1080p (has HQV-Reon chip) for all the inputs and it has helped the 720p feed from my cable box and 720p files in my HTPC a lot.

Backlight: 8
Contrast: 98
Brightness 46
Sharpness: 25
Color: 43
Tint G 54/R46

Advanced:
Black Tone: Dark
Dynamic Contrast: off
Shadow Detail: 2
Gamma : 0
Expert Pattern off
RGB only mode: off

Color Space: Custom
Red (58-2-0)
Green (0-58-9)
Blue (7-0-54)
Yellow (48-53-7)
Cyan (0-54-58)
Magenta (56-4-45)

White Balance:
R-Offset 20
G-Offset 24
B-Offset 24
R-Gain 19
G-Gain 26
B-Gain 25

10p Whitebalance
Itvl R G B
1 5 1 -2
2 2 0 -1
3 0 0 -1
4 -2 -3 -3
5 0 -2 -3
6 1 1 -4
7 2 3 0
8 1 2 0
9 -1 2 2
10 0 1 1

Fleshtone: -1
Edge enhancement: off
Motion ligting: off
xvYCC: off
LED Motion Plus: off

Picture Options:
Color Tone: Warm2
DNF: off
Mpeg NF: off
Automotion plus : Clear
Old 07-25-2011, 03:30 PM

Here are some test shots on my UN60D7000. I was too lazy to spot meter etc. FWIW
LL
LL
LL
LL
Old 07-25-2011, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:

Here are some test shots on my UN60D7000. I was too lazy to spot meter etc. FWIW

i love the why pirates looks on this tv u must have a ball on this tv injoy it .
Old 07-25-2011, 09:15 PM

anismo..just wondering. how are the black levels. Great pictures. Always hard to tell from photos. I'm on the ledge here. I either want a sony, the PN59D7000 or the UN55D7000. All I've heard from people and cnet is that plasmas still have deeper blacks. Every time I see an LED tv (especially at best buy) the blacks just seem completely black. I've seen a few of them in the dimmed lights at magnolia and they still look black. When playing movies at best buy or walmart even, the blacks seem to float into the screen bezel...which is crazy. The plasmas all look dull and have grey blacks. I had a Sammy PN50C7000 and HATED the black levels. I'm no LED fanboy. I actually have had 2 plasmas before and am just on the ledge here. But for the C7000, black levels were dark grey to me. Am I crazy???? I just dont see the deeper black levels on plasmas anymore. I would love to buy the 59 " samsung because it's the same price as a 55 LED, but I'm just worried... I know that's not the only story about Picture Quality, but it does seem to bother me. Also, how is your uniformity? Anyone know if the uniformity problems have been fixed by samsung?
Thanks!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylemx989 View Post

anismo..just wondering. how are the black levels. Great pictures. Always hard to tell from photos. I'm on the ledge here. I either want a sony, the PN59D7000 or the UN55D7000. All I've heard from people and cnet is that plasmas still have deeper blacks. Every time I see an LED tv (especially at best buy) the blacks just seem completely black. I've seen a few of them in the dimmed lights at magnolia and they still look black. When playing movies at best buy or walmart even, the blacks seem to float into the screen bezel...which is crazy. The plasmas all look dull and have grey blacks. I had a Sammy PN50C7000 and HATED the black levels. I'm no LED fanboy. I actually have had 2 plasmas before and am just on the ledge here. But for the C7000, black levels were dark grey to me. Am I crazy???? I just dont see the deeper black levels on plasmas anymore. I would love to buy the 59 " samsung because it's the same price as a 55 LED, but I'm just worried... I know that's not the only story about Picture Quality, but it does seem to bother me. Also, how is your uniformity? Anyone know if the uniformity problems have been fixed by samsung?
Thanks!

There is no comparsion to last years C7000/ or even the C8000. The D7000 is a much better TV. Uniformity issues have been improved upon, as has the light bleeding. But as always Samsung has horrible quality Control, and oddly it seems no 2 TVs are alike. lol Mine, after being dialed in.... has been flawless, with its only issue, being when you first turn on the TV.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylemx989 View Post

Thanks!

Interestingly, you are in the same boat I was (if you see my earlier posts, I had similar questions). I have the Panny plasma as well and was waffling a lot before buying this.
Everytime I read posts on AVS, I end up thinking Plasma is the only way to go and everytime I went to see, I got drawn towards the LCD TVs. Also I was looking for 65'' TV and Plasma was in my range (I could get 65VT30 for 3k with employee discount). The Plasma's are nice for sure and for purists it seem to be the only option, but to me, the samsung LEDs were just amazing looking. I saw the Sony 929 as well and I personally couldnt see much difference between the samsung and the sony (which looked great as well). So I pulled the trigger on the D7000 60''. After the tweaks to settings (and there are a lot of them) the TV truly is gorgeous. My plasma (and my friend's samsung C8000 plasma)doesnt look as good as this. I dont have (that I can see) any uniformity or flash lighting issues. My living room has ambient light and with a one year old running around, watching at night with any amount of volume is not a option for me as well. This TV definitely hits it out of the park.

But a word of caution, out of the box, my TV had clouding and flash lighting. So you want to spend some time setting it up and play with it for couple of days before deciding anything.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:

Interestingly, you are in the same boat I was (if you see my earlier posts, I had similar questions). I have the Panny plasma as well and was waffling a lot before buying this.
Everytime I read posts on AVS, I end up thinking Plasma is the only way to go and everytime I went to see, I got drawn towards the LCD TVs. Also I was looking for 65'' TV and Plasma was in my range (I could get 65VT30 for 3k with employee discount). The Plasma's are nice for sure and for purists it seem to be the only option, but to me, the samsung LEDs were just amazing looking. I saw the Sony 929 as well and I personally couldnt see much difference between the samsung and the sony (which looked great as well). So I pulled the trigger on the D7000 60''. After the tweaks to settings (and there are a lot of them) the TV truly is gorgeous. My plasma (and my friend's samsung C8000 plasma)doesnt look as good as this. I dont have (that I can see) any uniformity or flash lighting issues. My living room has ambient light and with a one year old running around, watching at night with any amount of volume is not a option for me as well. This TV definitely hits it out of the park.

But a word of caution, out of the box, my TV had clouding and flash lighting. So you want to spend some time setting it up and play with it for couple of days before deciding anything.

i feel that whatever tv eather plasma or LED or LCD tv will alwhays show a problem no matter what weather its a big problem or a very very little problem tv will never be perfect maybe into other peoples eyes but to me when i buy a better tv i know for a fact that there will always be a problem to the pq that is why u must brake in the tv first but even then it takes time so i say injoy these tvs becasue hey that is what there hear for right .
Old 07-26-2011, 10:04 AM

Hi,

I've just bought a European 46" D7000 (I'm in the UK)

I've had it for 3 weeks now and I'm beginning to sweat about keeping/returning.

At first I was just in love with it, so I'm not sure whether I'm just looking harder or it's changed since I bought it.

I see light bleed in the corners (distracting on letter boxed movies)
solid fields of colour are darked in the centre of the screen, lighter at the edge (corresponds to the light bleed)
Top and bottom edge are lighter, especially visible with the screen full of picture (no letter boxing)
And finally, some sort of weird texture visible on the picture, best described as "horizontal scanlines". Faint, but quite visible, especially on static images (I have a media PC, it's irritating). Seems to be most visible on orange and blue.

Is this normal?
What information should I post?

All of the above problems seem at there worst on the HDMI inputs (Xbox 360, Blu Ray player, PC)

I did find one thing, on the Xbox, watching a film with the HDMI black level set to "Low" cured the light bleed, but left the picture too dark, lost most detail to black. Setting it to Normal was good, but you get light bleed in the corners.

setting the "Reference Levels" on the xbox to "Expanded" fixed the light bleed when watching with the HDMI black level set to normal.

I'll try to get some pictures if that will help, will involve borrowing a camera though!

Thanks,

J1M.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droozy View Post

There is no comparsion to last years C7000/ or even the C8000. The D7000 is a much better TV. Uniformity issues have been improved upon, as has the light bleeding. But as always Samsung has horrible quality Control, and oddly it seems no 2 TVs are alike. lol Mine, after being dialed in.... has been flawless, with its only issue, being when you first turn on the TV.

Droozy,
Any banding?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyly View Post

Droozy,
Any banding?

Ive had this TV since march.... and no hint of banding.... if there was.... id post about my phone call to a samsung CSR.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboJ1M View Post

Hi,

At first I was just in love with it, so I'm not sure whether I'm just looking harder or it's changed since I bought it.

solid fields of colour are darked in the centre of the screen, lighter at the edge (corresponds to the light bleed)
Top and bottom edge are lighter, especially visible with the screen full of picture (no letter boxing)
And finally, some sort of weird texture visible on the picture, best described as "horizontal scanlines". Faint, but quite visible, especially on static images (I have a media PC, it's irritating). Seems to be most visible on orange and blue.

Is this normal?

J1M.

Did you try using any of the settings listed in this thread? May be you can try the OP's settings and see if it helps. But it looks like you are describing banding of somesort.. in which case you want to get the tech come check it out or get a replacement.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droozy View Post
Ive had this TV since march.... and no hint of banding.... if there was.... id post about my phone call to a samsung CSR.
Just curious. I've managed to minimize, and only minimize, my clouding/flashlighting, but as with my first panel, the banding takes over once the clouding dissipates. Guess when I muster up the energy I'll lobby for panel 3. I'm already thinking of a projector
Old 07-27-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboJ1M View Post

Hi,

Is this normal?

All of the above problems seem at there worst on the HDMI inputs (Xbox 360, Blu Ray player, PC)

I did find one thing, on the Xbox, watching a film with the HDMI black level set to "Low" cured the light bleed, but left the picture too dark, lost most detail to black. Setting it to Normal was good, but you get light bleed in the corners.

setting the "Reference Levels" on the xbox to "Expanded" fixed the light bleed when watching with the HDMI black level set to normal.

I'll try to get some pictures if that will help, will involve borrowing a camera though!

Thanks,

J1M.

Hi

I just returned my UE55D7005, because i have heavy clouding from all 4 corners and the edges. I have been trying different calibration settings, but most of then make it even worse.

I believe something is wrong with my panel?

What do you guys think?

Kind regards Ozong
LL
LL
LL

PS59D7005
Old 07-27-2011, 05:18 PM

What's your backlight set to? Looks like it's maxed out to 20.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozong View Post

Hi

I just returned my UE55D7005, because i have heavy clouding from all 4 corners and the edges. I have been trying different calibration settings, but most of then make it even worse.

What do you guys think?

Kind regards Ozong

IT SOUNDS LIKE TO ME U HAVE A PANAL PROBLEM FOR SURE that firs pciture looks like u have the brightness up all thw way do u if so put that down to 47 bro u sould call samsung and have a guy come to the house .
Old 07-27-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozong View Post

Hi

What do you guys think?

Kind regards Ozong

This does look pretty bad. If this is after calibration with the settings posted in this thread then you definitely want to get it replaced.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:07 AM

THX for the feedback.

Back-light settings are set to 8!
I have used the settings posted in here and other settings from Denmark.
But when i switch to those settings it seems to get even worse.
When i use STANDARD and NATURAL it is less visible, but then the picture gets unnatural.
I am waiting for an response from the dealer, hopefully they will replace it.

/oz

PS59D7005
Old 07-28-2011, 05:33 PM

Can anyone tell me how to stop my 7000 from Dimming the picture in darks scenes. The dimming makes darks sceens to dark and diffucult to see the subjects in the scene. It is also distracting to see the picture adjust like that whenever a dark scene appears. Any help would be appreciated.

Love Tech!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:26 AM

Received my UN60D7000 earlier this week. So far so good!

Still haven't calibrated it yet, and found out that my Onkyo receiver isn't 3D compatible, so now I can't watch 3D blu ray via my PS3 and listen in surround sound simultaneously unless I get a new 3D Blu Ray Player with 2 HDMI outputs or a new AVR that is HDMI 1.4.

Guess the money I saved on the TV will have to spent anyways.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:06 AM

Got my UN55D7000 wall mounted and set up a couple days ago. Went with Droozy's settings and did not care for the look. Changed over to another posters #'s and am much happier, at least to my eyes. Have the Disney WOW disc coming and will try it out and give comparisons.

So far, so good. Love the PQ, learning the Smart Hub,etc. Had the Qwerty remote keyboard side quit working after a while. Had to do a clear, and "pair" the remote again, works fine now.

The info in this thread was very good on wall mounting. Get 4/ 8mm x 25mm bolts along with about 8 flat washers. I tried installing with 1 washer on each bolt and they just did bottom in the holes, added another washer and perfect fit.

Disappointed to find out even with this TV the best my cable company can provide even on HD channels is 1080I and not much of that, mostly lower.

From The Swamp, Lenny
Old 07-29-2011, 07:50 AM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by L454S View Post

...Disappointed to find out even with this TV the best my cable company can provide even on HD channels is 1080I and not much of that, mostly lower.

You're OK. 1080i is the highest available from OTA, cable, or satellite. Blu ray provides 1080p.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamson8 View Post

Still haven't calibrated it yet, and found out that my Onkyo receiver isn't 3D compatible, so now I can't watch 3D blu ray via my PS3 and listen in surround sound simultaneously unless I get a new 3D Blu Ray Player with 2 HDMI outputs or a new AVR that is HDMI 1.4.

NOOOO U STILL CAN WATCH 3D FILM ON A NORMAL 2D RECEIVER this is what u do bro u get a fiber optic cable right plug that in to the receiver then plug that end to the ps3 or blu ray player right then u get a 1.3 OR 1.4 HDMI CABLE plug that in to the tv and then out to the ps3 or blu ray player and BOOM u got 3D PQ AND A 3D SOUND BABY!!! dont get sad when ur stuff is not 3D u just got to remember when there is a will theres a way and also it does not matter if ur receiver is 10 years old as long as it got HDMI plugs and a fiber optic plug u are good to go so now u can watch your 3d stuff let me know if it works it did for my cousin when i did it for him 5 weeks ago .
Old 07-29-2011, 10:08 PM

I just got the un55D7000 bundle from Amazon. I found the closed captioning is about 3~5s later than the scence from TV channels. Could not find where to turn on the CC on the BD player (BD-D5500) yet, so do not know if the CC problem is due to TV or the cable box. Any idea?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:23 AM

Anyone update their D7000 with the new 1012 firmware released on July 26th?

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...UN55D7000LFXZA
Old 07-30-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPL15 View Post

Anyone update their D7000 with the new 1012 firmware released on July 26th?

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...UN55D7000LFXZA

I should try this. My one issue with the limited 3d watching was the flickering (which some people are not bother by).
Old 07-30-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamson8 View Post

congrats! I guess as long as your AVR can decode HD sound formats, you can get by connecting the bluray output to a different hdmi port of the TV using 1.4 cable and the optical out from bluray to your AVR to get everything.
You will lose OSD if you care about it. but you dont necessarily have to upgrade your receiver.

Tags
Samsung Un46d7000 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d7000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread