Official Samsung UNXXD7000 Owners' Thread - Page 37 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1081 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 01:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ok eveyrthing looks good except Blu-ray movies. They look really grainy. what could be causing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 05:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrton911 View Post

tlee82

I went ahead and turned my TV back on to check this for us.

As they said above,

Menu>System>General>Game Mode

That gets you to game mode. No issue. Is getting to game mode easier on 7000? It is a bit tricky to get to I guess, but I got there. How do you get there on 7000?

On my 7050, I did that Menu>System>General>Game Mode right now, and it went to game mode immediately.

Therefore, don't return it for that reason. Be careful with your Toslink output door/flap though!

Interesting. I tried yesterday and game mode was grayed out and not selectable. I did look on Samsung's website and game mode was absent from their features. I'll have to check again. Currently in movie mode, do I have to be in standard?
post #1083 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlee82 View Post

Interesting. I tried yesterday and game mode was grayed out and not selectable. I did look on Samsung's website and game mode was absent from their features. I'll have to check again. Currently in movie mode, do I have to be in standard?

Well, if you go to Game Mode, it puts you into a "Special," Standard mode which is different than the standard mode you configured previously (different settings). At the time, it doesn't let you change back to Movie, Natural, etc. It just "locks," you in the Game/Standard special mode until you turn Game Mode back off.

Game Mode does look pretty good to me from my DirecTV HD source, but the experts haven't seemed to suggest I leave it that way? Probably a bit too bright/intense for a pro's liking.

The audio sync kills me on this TV too. Doesn't matter if I'm using my surround receiver or the TV awful speakers. Even with TV's speakers, the video is before the sound. Game mode less processing didn't help the sound either.
post #1084 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

I went ahead and setup the Movie Settings that were posted in the middle of this thread. Very easy to do, appreciate the settings!

Just not sure though, do you guys use those settings for TV, news, etc. too, or just movies on Blu-Ray? I ask because while I appreciate that it tamed down the image, it seems almost black and white and exceptionally dark. Do you normally stick with this setting for particular programming?

Thank you.
post #1085 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:

I went ahead and setup the Movie Settings that were posted in the middle of this thread. Very easy to do, appreciate the settings!

Just not sure though, do you guys use those settings for TV, news, etc. too, or just movies on Blu-Ray? I ask because while I appreciate that it tamed down the image, it seems almost black and white and exceptionally dark. Do you normally stick with this setting for particular programming?

Thank you.

I have since tweaked the settings a bit (sligtly more backlight and color) but that is my normal viewing mode.. for sports/movies. At night, I reduce the backlight to 8 .. else it feels too bright.
post #1086 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anismo View Post

In my 60'' version sitting at about 9 feet away, I start seeing contrast drop off if I sit at more than about 30-35 deg.. esp on the far end side of the panel (Which will be at considerably higher angle).

Okay, I went to the store yesterday to check out the viewing angles. While it's not ideal, it's not as bad as I'd expected and is more than tolerable (for me at least. I'm no videophile.) Phew!
post #1087 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have since tweaked the settings a bit (sligtly more backlight and color) but that is my normal viewing mode.. for sports/movies. At night, I reduce the backlight to 8 .. else it feels too bright.

Thanks. I will try minor tweaking. I suppose it is possible the settings don't translate perfect to the 55 inch model too.

It looks like I may be returning mine tomorrow though (got to get a rental car). The reason being is even more plastic bits around the optical audio out have fallen out! Wouldn't bother me if TV was 4 years old, but 36 hours old?

Don't know if I will choose another TV instead. Might go Amazon route as it's so much cheaper.
post #1088 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

anismo - I tweaked a bit. Thank you.

I brought the backlight up just slightly and the same with color. I also lowered brightness. Lowering the brightness, gave me some color back.

This image does look quite good with really high quality content. Thank you! It looks almost glass like, and it virtually eliminates any backlight bleed and/or poofs of clouds in the corners. I just can't understand why TVs ship with such horrible settings.
post #1089 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:

Can you try after entering the settings in the first post of this thread? It looks like you might have dynamic contrast turned on.

I realized that it caused by my media player. My another media player dont have this problem.
post #1090 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 04:37 PM

I've asked this question here before but didn't get a response.

Can anyone suggest the best way to capture clouding issues with a camera? For example, is there a JPG picture that can be downloaded and displayed on the TV that will highlight the clouding/flashlighting issues? A recommended movie scene?

I've read you can use a static medium gray image. Does anyone know where such an image can be downloaded?

Thanks in advance.

-ResonantEcho

Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevin.l.bass
post #1091 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 06:18 PM

Liked: 11
Well just got the TV today, (55D7000) it is wonderfull, i really like it ! It's true that the TV got a lot of Clouding but that something i can live with. I've read a few things about "massaging" the TV and that it reduces the clouding a lot. Can anyone confirm that ?

Anyway....WAAAYYYY better than my previous LG 50PZ550 !
post #1092 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 07:59 PM
Advanced Member

Sadly, returned the TV due to the optical port getting worse and worse. Quite bummed out about it. My 46-inch DLP looks HORRIBLE now that I have went back to it. ha-ha.

I tried to buy a 8000 Samsung from Best Buy, but no one would help me, when they finally did, they wouldn't match online price. Oh well.
post #1093 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:

Sadly, returned the TV due to the optical port getting worse and worse. Quite bummed out about it. My 46-inch DLP looks HORRIBLE now that I have went back to it. ha-ha.

I tried to buy a 8000 Samsung from Best Buy, but no one would help me, when they finally did, they wouldn't match online price. Oh well.

You could order the 8000 online and pick it up locally
post #1094 of 3323 Old 09-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You could order the 8000 online and pick it up locally

I might do this. The problem is, this store was so incompetent, would they help me with my pick up slip? ha-ha. We shall see.

I might consider the 8000 series plasma too.

I am holding onto the settings shared in case I end up with the 7000 LCD again! I appreciate that and all the help offered!
post #1095 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

well I finally bit the bullet and will be getting a professional calibrater on my set. As soon as Im done ( sometime next week) Ill post the settings.

At first the guy didn't want me too, but in the end he said that knowing samsung, next years model will be different, and need a whole new set of calibrations lol.
post #1096 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 08:15 AM

Hi Droozy -

I am curious how your new calibrated settings will compare to the settings you posted at the beginning of this thread. Any thoughts?

Andre'
post #1097 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 09:07 AM

EDIT: Sorry I'm an idiot. I found the Game Mode switch hidden in General Settings.

Hey I just picked up a 46" 7000 and the TV is INSANE!!!
However when i play COD the character moves so slowly and there is some serious lag between the controller and the game.
Any idea how I can fix this?
Thanks in advance!
post #1098 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droozy View Post

well I finally bit the bullet and will be getting a professional calibrater on my set. As soon as Im done ( sometime next week) Ill post the settings.

At first the guy didn't want me too, but in the end he said that knowing samsung, next years model will be different, and need a whole new set of calibrations lol.

awesome waiting for it!
post #1099 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResonantEcho View Post

I've asked this question here before but didn't get a response.

Can anyone suggest the best way to capture clouding issues with a camera? For example, is there a JPG picture that can be downloaded and displayed on the TV that will highlight the clouding/flashlighting issues? A recommended movie scene?

I've read you can use a static medium gray image. Does anyone know where such an image can be downloaded?

Thanks in advance.

I just used a bluray and pause it sometime past credits screen (black screen with no or very minimal white text).
post #1100 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 06:10 PM

Is there anyway to remove items from the recommended services in the smart hub?
post #1101 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Which TV? There are several being discussed in the thread.

My UN46D7000 does. However, you have to use HDMI 2 in order to take advantage of it.

Do you mean HDMI 2 as in the version number or do you mean 2 HDMI cables? I am using HDMI 4 and I have a audio return on my HDMI cable. Is this what you mean?
post #1102 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 07:01 PM

I've scanned this thread, since I'm very interested in one of these sets. Are these things really as problematic as some people are saying? And, if so, what's a "safer" choice? I want something that's minimal hassle. I'd rather not have to worry about calibrating it, or the likelihood of having to return it to the store for a better unit. What's the real deal here?
post #1103 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Try setting your picture to the standard setting first.
post #1104 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, if you go to Game Mode, it puts you into a "Special," Standard mode which is different than the standard mode you configured previously (different settings). At the time, it doesn't let you change back to Movie, Natural, etc. It just "locks," you in the Game/Standard special mode until you turn Game Mode back off.

Game Mode does look pretty good to me from my DirecTV HD source, but the experts haven't seemed to suggest I leave it that way? Probably a bit too bright/intense for a pro's liking.

The audio sync kills me on this TV too. Doesn't matter if I'm using my surround receiver or the TV awful speakers. Even with TV's speakers, the video is before the sound. Game mode less processing didn't help the sound either.

I found some settings from a professional calibrator in Game Mode. I just can't find the link right now. If you look back through this thread, you will find those game mode settings I posted. They are pretty natural looking.
post #1105 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsceneJesster View Post

Try setting your picture to the standard setting first.

I did manage to get game mode on when the ps3 was on. Is this the only way to turn on game mode? Also PIP only available when antenna/cable is second source? I thought PIP was able yo watch another channel while on another. Sorry for the newbie questions.
post #1106 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:

Do you mean HDMI 2 as in the version number or do you mean 2 HDMI cables? I am using HDMI 4 and I have a audio return on my HDMI cable. Is this what you mean?

No. You have to use the HDMI 2 input on the television in order to use ARC.

Manual:

Quote:
This product supports the 3D and ARC (Audio Return Channel) functions via an HDMI cable. Note that the
ARC function is supported by the HDMI IN 2 (ARC) port only.

The ARC function allows digital audio to output via the HDMI IN 2 (ARC) port. It can be enabled only when the
TV is connected to an audio receiver that supports the ARC function.

-ResonantEcho

post #1107 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No. You have to use the HDMI 2 input on the television in order to use ARC.

Manual:

Thats pretty weird. You would think they would put it on HDMI 1. Whats so special about HDMI 2. Just seems a little odd.
post #1108 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I did manage to get game mode on when the ps3 was on. Is this the only way to turn on game mode? Also PIP only available when antenna/cable is second source? I thought PIP was able yo watch another channel while on another. Sorry for the newbie questions.

I can put my UN55D7000 into Game Mode whenever. I don't see why you cant on your 7050 model. I also have 3 other Samsung TV's (one being 3 years old) that can go into Game Mode whenever.

I don't ever use PIP but I would imagine you can't use it with a set top box. You would have to use the TV tuner or have more than one video source.
post #1109 of 3323 Old 09-17-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:

Thats pretty weird. You would think they would put it on HDMI 1. Whats so special about HDMI 2. Just seems a little odd.

I agree. It's odd. But that's the only way you're going to get return audio.

-ResonantEcho

post #1110 of 3323 Old 09-18-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:

I can put my UN55D7000 into Game Mode whenever. I don't see why you cant on your 7050 model. I also have 3 other Samsung TV's (one being 3 years old) that can go into Game Mode whenever.

I don't ever use PIP but I would imagine you can't use it with a set top box. You would have to use the TV tuner or have more than one video source.

So I guess game mode is not included on the Costco 7050 version as stated on Samsung's website. Now I have to see if missing game mode is worth the return for 7000 model. I have no issues watching sports. What is game mode intended for?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46d7000 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d7000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page