Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherb1 View Post

stop trolling go into the plasma forum and smoke your plasma gas there
when i first had my sammy plasma i thought like you but then i got my xbr929
i really tried to give sammy a chance buying 2 of there top of the line tvs

i had 4 tvs this year
sony nx810 46 inch returned too small and clouding but returned for size

sammy d8000 led returned for clouding, flashlighting, lightbleed,and one 1/2 of screen brighter than the rest etc

sammy d8000 plasma returned---- heat box, brightness pops, subpar black levels and screen peeling

sony hx929 current best led to date (besides the sharp elite) some blooming off axis during credits and pause icons ( i like to watch alot of credits and stare at pause icons btw)... and there are some great deals to be had, people have gotten the 55hx929 for $2500 with free bluray player

im sorry but id figure id add my 2 cents and recommendations as i were in some of your shoes owning a d8000 led

I have seen the Sony hx929 and in my opinion, the picture looks just as fake as it does on the Samsung LED's. Yea, it's blacks are nice but I care more about color accuracy. In case you haven't heard, the Samsung 7000 series is on track to take the title of most accurate colors this year.

I came here to let people know why I got rid of my 7000 LED and what I think of the 7000 plasma in case anyone was on the fence about which one to choose. Sorry but I just couldn't take the gaming lag, picture stuttering or soap opera effect, every time you tried bumping up the refresh rate.

In the end, there is up to 6 people viewing movies in my home theater and two of the seats are off to the side. No LED provides the off axis accuracy that a plasma brings to the table. Christ, the 7000 LED's picture started to fade just by turning your head to the left or right a couple feet.

Bye bye and good luck with the Sony. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying my Plasma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 3323 Old 10-18-2011, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsceneJesster View Post

I have seen the Sony hx929 and in my opinion, the picture looks just as fake as it does on the Samsung LED's. Yea, it's blacks are nice but I care more about color accuracy. In case you haven't heard, the Samsung 7000 series is on track to take the title of most accurate colors this year.

I came here to let people know why I got rid of my 7000 LED and what I think of the 7000 plasma in case anyone was on the fence about which one to choose. Sorry but I just couldn't take the gaming lag, picture stuttering or soap opera effect, every time you tried bumping up the refresh rate.

In the end, there is up to 6 people viewing movies in my home theater and two of the seats are off to the side. No LED provides the off axis accuracy that a plasma brings to the table. Christ, the 7000 LED's picture started to fade just by turning your head to the left or right a couple feet.

Bye bye and good luck with the Sony. I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying my Plasma.

where did you see the sony at... probably @ magnolia huh.... great place to judge a tv....lol... me im judging from in home experience im sure you are not
post #1263 of 3323 Old 10-18-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:

I haven't seen any brightness pops or peeling but I've only had the TV for about 1 week. I'm sure I won't see the peeling as I got a Y504 version which that issue was fixed in. The heat and buzz issue was also fixed in version Y504. Who knows, maybe I will never notice the brightness pops. On Sunday, I watched football all day long and felt the back of the TV. It was no more than room temp.

At the end of the day, I could care less about any issues that may arise. I paid for a Best Buy warranty that covers everything from image burn to the TV falling off the wall. It is covered for 4 years so I won't even have to deal with Samsung anymore. Best Buy will just replace the TV.

I'll take these chances any day of the week over some fake ass looking LED picture.

fake looking led means your calibrations are wrong of course you can make an led look fake with the SOE but thats a personal choice my xbr929 looks like im looking out a window good luck with your plasma... im done as you/we are interrupting the d8000 thread sorry guys
post #1264 of 3323 Old 10-18-2011, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherb1 View Post

where did you see the sony at... probably @ magnolia huh.... great place to judge a tv....lol... me im judging from in home experience im sure you are not

I saw it at Gramaphone. It is one of the most high end home theater stores on the east coast. They have about 15 separate rooms with TV's and speakers set up and perfectly calibrated. However, the only LED there worthy enough to get its own room was the Elite. All of the other TV's that had dedicated rooms consisted of Panny and Samsung Plasmas along with projection units. Then they have a room that just has a bunch of mid grade LED's. The place is pretty sick though. Every room has lighting to match your home and every TV is calibrated. It is the most high end home theater place on the east coast.
post #1265 of 3323 Old 10-19-2011, 03:06 PM

Just so we are clear, when I mentioned the 60hz refresh rate I was refering to the flicker that messes with your eyes as the old LCD monitors did at 60hz.

Yes the plasma pic is very nice, but the pos I bought for a couple days had so much flicker specially in the bright areas, you could not pay attention to the the movie.

In no way after calibration does my picture look fake. Out of the box, yes looked like a well lit christmas turd.

Nice that you are happy with you plasma, but the one I had was not close to acceptable. Probably due to it being an LG? Not a low end one neither.

The studder issue I narrowed down to something to do with the DTV box, and dvr. My other box has not done it to date (about a week)
post #1266 of 3323 Old 10-19-2011, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopKill View Post

Just so we are clear, when I mentioned the 60hz refresh rate I was refering to the flicker that messes with your eyes as the old LCD monitors did at 60hz.

Yes the plasma pic is very nice, but the pos I bought for a couple days had so much flicker specially in the bright areas, you could not pay attention to the the movie.

In no way after calibration does my picture look fake. Out of the box, yes looked like a well lit christmas turd.

Nice that you are happy with you plasma, but the one I had was not close to acceptable. Probably due to it being an LG? Not a low end one neither.

The studder issue I narrowed down to something to do with the DTV box, and dvr. My other box has not done it to date (about a week)

At least you figured out what it was. I spent the last two months with my 7000 series LED in Game Mode because it wouldn't stop stuttering in Movie Mode.
post #1267 of 3323 Old 10-19-2011, 07:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Does anyone know approximately when the "E" series displays will first arrive in stores like Best Buy?

Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV: Unrestricted full-quality 12 tuner HD Premium Cable recording, including "On Demand" in HD + OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
post #1268 of 3323 Old 10-20-2011, 12:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Does anyone know the real world differences between the d7000 and the d8000? I just know that the D7000's can't independently dim edge LEDs. Under what circumstances would that feature come in handy? Is this is a physical limitation or just a limitation imposed in the firmware of the D7000?

Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV: Unrestricted full-quality 12 tuner HD Premium Cable recording, including "On Demand" in HD + OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
post #1269 of 3323 Old 10-22-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CappyDen View Post

Thanks for posting, but this doesn't turn off the auto dimming feature.

I just purchased a 60D7000 yesterday from Best Buy. I would like to permanantly turn OFF the Auto Dimming feature. I know you said in an earlier post you were reluctant to post the "How To", but I would really love to know...how to. Is there any reason I would not want to keep this feature turned off?

Also, my 10p whitebalance section is greyed out in the setup menu. How do I adjust this section to obtain settings as per Droozy's original post?

Thank you,
Robert Pfeifer
Pifemaster Productions
www.pifemaster.com
post #1270 of 3323 Old 10-22-2011, 11:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifemaster View Post

I just purchased a 60D7000 yesterday from Best Buy. I would like to permanantly turn OFF the Auto Dimming feature. I know you said in an earlier post you were reluctant to post the "How To", but I would really love to know...how to. Is there any reason I would not want to keep this feature turned off?

Also, my 10p whitebalance section is greyed out in the setup menu. How do I adjust this section to obtain settings as per Droozy's original post?

Thank you,
Robert Pfeifer
Pifemaster Productions
www.pifemaster.com

The Auto Dimming should come turned off by default. It is under the General Settings. From what I remember of the 7000 LED, I think you have to be in Movie Mode to access the 10P whitebalance setting.
post #1271 of 3323 Old 10-23-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopKill View Post

thats why i got rid of my d8000 plasma for its fluctuating brightness/dimming feature and so-so black levels
post #1272 of 3323 Old 10-24-2011, 10:10 AM

I hooked up my 55D7000 on the wall this weekend, played a bit with the setting (game mode) and the set is wonderfull now, i'm keeping this tv until they release some new tech (affordable OLEDs maybe)

I tell you people, try game mode, tweak the picture the way you like it, live with it for a while.. you'll get use to the "game mode" effect and you'll love it!
post #1273 of 3323 Old 10-25-2011, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Just so you know game mode is the equivalent of using standard mode, and Standard color tone in the picture settings, with all post processing turned off. That is the only difference. Which can all be turned onto without having to actually "turn on" game mode.
post #1274 of 3323 Old 10-25-2011, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey Droozy, did you ever get your set calibrated? If so, could you share your new settings? Thanks.
post #1275 of 3323 Old 10-25-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droozy View Post

Just so you know game mode is the equivalent of using standard mode, and Standard color tone in the picture settings, with all post processing turned off. That is the only difference. Which can all be turned onto without having to actually "turn on" game mode.

Yes exactly.. i cannot stand the movie mode, everything seems so greenish.

All i wish is that they release a future set this thin without the clouding, then maybe mine will broke in 2 or 3 years and i'll get a replacement I have a 4 years replacement guarantee
post #1276 of 3323 Old 10-25-2011, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droozy View Post

Actually, I have to say your mostly right but a little bit wrong. With the 7000 and 8000 series Samsung LED's, it is impossible to completely turn off noise reduction unless you calibrate in game mode. Even if you turn noise reduction off, it is still running. They said they had to calibrate it in Game Mode in order to get the most natural looking picture because no matter how much processing crap you turn off, there is no other way besides switching to Game Mode to defeat the image processing.

I found this to be completely true. Everything I tried watching in Movie and Standard mode would stutter every once in a while even after turning off all video processing options. I had to calibrate it in Game Mode just so the picture wouldn't stutter anymore. It also looked the most natural without the depth and color looking completely digitized.

In the end, if you truly want to watch the natural image being fed into your TV then you need to calibrate in Game Mode.

Here's the link: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsu...1105281160.htm
post #1277 of 3323 Old 10-26-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:

Actually, I have to say your mostly right but a little bit wrong. With the 7000 and 8000 series Samsung LED's, it is impossible to completely turn off noise reduction unless you calibrate in game mode. Even if you turn noise reduction off, it is still running. They said they had to calibrate it in Game Mode in order to get the most natural looking picture because no matter how much processing crap you turn off, there is no other way besides switching to Game Mode to defeat the image processing.

I found this to be completely true. Everything I tried watching in Movie and Standard mode would stutter every once in a while even after turning off all video processing options. I had to calibrate it in Game Mode just so the picture wouldn't stutter anymore. It also looked the most natural without the depth and color looking completely digitized.

In the end, if you truly want to watch the natural image being fed into your TV then you need to calibrate in Game Mode.

Here's the link: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/samsu...1105281160.htm

Is there supposed to be a calibration chart in the link you mentionned? I'd love to try out their calibration !
post #1278 of 3323 Old 10-26-2011, 11:09 AM

just got un46d7000 last weekend. I really want to love this tv. It is so cool looking and the picture with small bezel is cool, but immediately I noticed two things which are REALLY annoying and seem very common (should have read this thread before I bought tv!!). There are clear whit spotches in the corners with any black background which is really obvious and also on most of my channels there is slight stuttering where it appears what i am watching is skipping. that skipping happens very frequently.

Before I return the tv (probably for a sony) is there any way to fix these two issues. Again I really want to love this tv so if I can fix it great, but if i can't fix it i can't live with these two issues.

thanks for any help
post #1279 of 3323 Old 10-26-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maanba View Post

just got un46d7000 last weekend. I really want to love this tv. It is so cool looking and the picture with small bezel is cool, but immediately I noticed two things which are REALLY annoying and seem very common (should have read this thread before I bought tv!!). There are clear whit spotches in the corners with any black background which is really obvious and also on most of my channels there is slight stuttering where it appears what i am watching is skipping. that skipping happens very frequently.

Before I return the tv (probably for a sony) is there any way to fix these two issues. Again I really want to love this tv so if I can fix it great, but if i can't fix it i can't live with these two issues.

thanks for any help

Never got the skipping you are talking about, but the clouding is something LED owners have to live with. Even my friend just bought a 32" LED (serie 4000) for his room, and there's clouding also.

I still think LCD are better Televisions than LED, but they are the way to go if you want something very thin.

If you have the room for it (dark room), go for a Plasma, but try avoiding the 2011 plasma, they got a ton of problems...

Just remember, if you are looking for problems you will find them, my 40" LCD i had before had clouding but i never saw it until 4 years later, because i never looked for it.
post #1280 of 3323 Old 10-26-2011, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangedman View Post

Never got the skipping you are talking about, but the clouding is something LED owners have to live with. Even my friend just bought a 32" LED (serie 4000) for his room, and there's clouding also.

I still think LCD are better Televisions than LED, but they are the way to go if you want something very thin.

If you have the room for it (dark room), go for a Plasma, but try avoiding the 2011 plasma, they got a ton of problems...

Just remember, if you are looking for problems you will find them, my 40" LCD i had before had clouding but i never saw it until 4 years later, because i never looked for it.

The Elites do not suffer from clouding in any shape or form with the XBR being noticeable when off axis but little to none on axis.

I never noticed my car needed an oil change until the mechanic told me... Ok, I kid, I kid!
post #1281 of 3323 Old 10-26-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanaticalism View Post

The Elites do not suffer from clouding in any shape or form with the XBR being noticeable when off axis but little to none on axis.

I never noticed my car needed an oil change until the mechanic told me... Ok, I kid, I kid!

Yeah well Elites are Elites
post #1282 of 3323 Old 10-27-2011, 03:53 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangedman View Post

Yeah well Elites are Elites

Now Elites are Sharps.
post #1283 of 3323 Old 10-27-2011, 10:11 AM

At the end of the day guys, who had some really good picture settings I can use??
post #1284 of 3323 Old 10-27-2011, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

thanks for any help

The only way I ever got my stuttering and skipping to stop was to calibrate the TV in game mode. I finally got pissed off after replacing the TV 3 times and went for a Plasma. I've had the Plasma for 2 weeks now and couldn't be happier. It is honestly the best picture I've ever laid eyes on. Watching hockey and football has never been better. The picture just flows so much smoother.
post #1285 of 3323 Old 10-30-2011, 11:53 AM

Is there a better way to output audio wirelessly to my audio engine speakers with the AW1 USB sender/transmitter?

I have an 1/8" cable from the audio out going to the AW1 sender that is connected to USB 1(HDD) and it will send audio to the speakers, but I have no control of the volume except through the volume knob on the speaker. My cable is only 8" long so I can not try the other USB ports.
post #1286 of 3323 Old 10-30-2011, 04:44 PM

Liked: 12
I heard about uniformity with in the D7000 and D8000 sets.... what does uniformity looks like?
post #1287 of 3323 Old 10-30-2011, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergames View Post

I heard about uniformity with in the D7000 and D8000 sets.... what does uniformity looks like?

Darker blacks and better colors in the middle of the display and washed out colors with grey looking blacks towards the edges due to the edge lights.
post #1288 of 3323 Old 10-31-2011, 09:31 AM

OK I fixed the skipping issue thanks to someone on other forum (turn clear motion plus off). I still have the whites at the corners (sounds like I jsut have to live with that), but more importantly now i notice the picture looks really pixelated, even blurry - especially noticeable when you see text on the screen from commercials. A friend (who noted the picture was making him dizzy) said it is probably due to the fact I have component cables. I will get an hdmi connection to see if there is a difference but does anyone else have any thoughts?
post #1289 of 3323 Old 10-31-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:

OK I fixed the skipping issue thanks to someone on other forum (turn clear motion plus off). I still have the whites at the corners (sounds like I jsut have to live with that), but more importantly now i notice the picture looks really pixelated, even blurry - especially noticeable when you see text on the screen from commercials. A friend (who noted the picture was making him dizzy) said it is probably due to the fact I have component cables. I will get an hdmi connection to see if there is a difference but does anyone else have any thoughts?

HDMI is a big improvement over components, definitely worth the switch. Do that first before you do anything else.

Play a real game...play pinball!!!
post #1290 of 3323 Old 11-01-2011, 05:40 AM

i just got a 55d7000, and have a dumb question on 3d. Do i have to manually go into settings and choose 3d mode when i want to watch a 3d movie? i noticed in settings, it has several modes..off, 2d-3d, side by side, top bottom. But on 3d input its set to auto
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46d7000 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d7000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page