Official Samsung UNXXD7000 Owners' Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 3325 Old 03-27-2011, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has this tv for about a week and love it! Black levels are great, deepest blacks i've seen on an lcd. I'm using about the same menu levels as droozy ( except have motion thing on standard since I kinda like the soap opera effect) and don't really see much problems with flashlighting. Here's a picture I took from iphone hope it comes out; first time trying to post image.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 3325 Old 03-27-2011, 06:57 AM

From my reading here, elsewhere and from a couple of people I trust that have seen it. Looks to be an improvement over previous year, and thats good for me.
post #183 of 3325 Old 03-27-2011, 11:05 AM

I'm hardly an AV aficionado, but I've owned this TV now for 2 weeks. It replaced a first generation 32" Hitachi plasma with component connections. I was not intending to purchase anything so "deluxe". However, when I saw the set side-by-side others at Best Buy and at a local chain (Video Only), it simply seemed to have a picture that was a notch above any of the others and stood out from across the room. So, far I am very pleased. I only have 2 minor complaints. First, the "legs" of the stand look nice, but are not as practical as a pedestal base. I would like to put a soundbar underneath the set, but the slant of the legs prohibits placement, whereas the flat base of a pedestal would not be a problem. Second, my unit came with the standard remote (and I am now into the "8-12 week" waiting period after sending away for the QWERTY remote). It is disappointing that the remote cannot learn the codes for the ubiquitous Comcast Motorola cable box. So, I need to have 2 remotes if I want to change channels. (In contrast my old Hitachi had codes for cable boxes as well as a learning feature.)

Let me also add that my motive for upgrading my system was to get Hulu Plus. I'm mildly disappointed with this service. This is probably not Samsung's fault, but the interface for Hulu is not as intuitive as it is for, say, Netflix. Although I routinely have > 6Mb/s download speed (per Speed Test) through my WiFi, that is not fast enough for anything but SD resolution, even though Hulu indicates that HD resolution starts at about 2 Mb/s.
post #184 of 3325 Old 03-27-2011, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Has anyone gotten the HDMI-CEC or ARC to work with Pioneer or Onkyo??? I have not tried
Onkyo 608
Pioneer 2011 521k

Anynet+ does NOT see the device rendering ARC useless (Samsungs own aplifiers like the C700 do NOT support ARC).

This kinda sucks.
post #185 of 3325 Old 03-27-2011, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, I have tried 3 different HDMI cables
post #186 of 3325 Old 03-27-2011, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjchmura View Post
Has anyone gotten the HDMI-CEC or ARC to work with Pioneer or Onkyo??? I have not tried
Onkyo 608
Pioneer 2011 521k
Not quite what you asked but I have ARC working with my Denon AVR-3311CI
post #187 of 3325 Old 03-28-2011, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCEO View Post

Has this tv for about a week and love it! Black levels are great, deepest blacks i've seen on an lcd. I'm using about the same menu levels as droozy ( except have motion thing on standard since I kinda like the soap opera effect) and don't really see much problems with flashlighting. Here's a picture I took from iphone hope it comes out; first time trying to post image.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

good pic.... and your right the black levels are very good, if you have the right content. I am second guessing myself everytime i turn the channel, or play a bluray on what settings to use.

I guess having a TV that is so good, you really start seeing the imperfections of the Host content as opposed to the TV limitations. If that makes any sence.
post #188 of 3325 Old 03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Dalto,

Thanks. After trying my 4th cable (btw, it is a 2008 Monorprice one) it works FINE. The HDMI 1.4a "amazon" cable ($7~~~!!!! rip off did not work.). Second - FAIL. These are teh "red ones" that look well made. 3D worked, all worked but 2 did NOT to ARC or HDMI-CEC.

Can you get your TV through HDMI-CEc to CHANGE inputs on the receiver??? This is my last project
post #189 of 3325 Old 03-28-2011, 01:13 PM

My D7000 keeps losing the internet wireless signal now...I don't understand why...the signal strength is fine and I got the high end Cisco router.

It lets me connect to the network when I put in my passoword in the TV. But it disconnects after a while. Anyone else have that problem? I want to say it's happening after the firmware upgrade, but I'm not sure.
post #190 of 3325 Old 03-28-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclabruin98 View Post

My D7000 keeps losing the internet wireless signal now...I don't understand why...the signal strength is fine and I got the high end Cisco router.

It lets me connect to the network when I put in my passoword in the TV. But it disconnects after a while. Anyone else have that problem? I want to say it's happening after the firmware upgrade, but I'm not sure.

How far is the router from the TV? Did it keep disconnecting and reconnecting?

I heard from 1 reviews that the internal wifi was DOA. I just hope this isn't the case since mine is coming soon..
post #191 of 3325 Old 03-28-2011, 03:28 PM

The router is upstairs...but when I test other wi-fi devices, it seems to get 2-3 bars of signal. I have dual band N+ router.....

it just disconnects after a few minutes and then i gotta put the password in again to reconnect. I didn't use to do that before; I'm thinking if I can't fix the problem, I might buy one of those plug in adapters that makes it a LAN connection using your electrical outlet.
post #192 of 3325 Old 03-28-2011, 04:19 PM
dfp
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

The router is upstairs...but when I test other wi-fi devices, it seems to get 2-3 bars of signal. I have dual band N+ router.....

it just disconnects after a few minutes and then i gotta put the password in again to reconnect. I didn't use to do that before; I'm thinking if I can't fix the problem, I might buy one of those plug in adapters that makes it a LAN connection using your electrical outlet.

Our high end Cisco Linksys dual band N+ router barely worked at all for our newest, most expensive of three laptops. Continued to lose the connection. Replaced it with a beat up, tattered, old G router and everything works just fine.
post #193 of 3325 Old 03-28-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:

Try to disable wep security key, and see if that still disconnecting the wifi.

On the other hand, is it safe to place a PS3 Eye stand on the top of the tv, since the TV has a very thin bezel/frame?
LL
post #194 of 3325 Old 03-29-2011, 03:58 AM - Thread Starter

The ps3 eye clip fits perfectly on the tv. The bezel is about 3 mm bigger then the edge clip..... so yea....perfect.
post #195 of 3325 Old 03-29-2011, 05:21 PM

Made another video showcasing some of the Smart Hub, Web browser on the t.v.

post #196 of 3325 Old 03-29-2011, 05:53 PM

Hey everyone! Huge "electronics" not just "audiophile" guy here. I have been reading every thread on the unXXd7000 and unXXd8000 and I am having a hard time making up my mind. I am replacing a Sammy LN46A650, that I am giving to my parents, and I want to replace it with one of these two tv's. Other than the bezel, contrast ratio, included glasses (which you get a kit for free anyway on both....4 instead of 2) and the micro dimming plus, what makes the D8000 better than the D7000? I have the opportunity to buy the D8000 for a couple hundred more and I don't know if it's really worth it and I'm driving myself nutz trying to decide!!!! I primarily use the tv for watching sports and minor gaming (Battlefield series)
*posted on unXXd8000 thread as well*
post #197 of 3325 Old 03-29-2011, 08:42 PM

That was a great video. I'm also having trouble making up my mind between the UN46D7000 and the LG 47LW4600. Active and passive 3D technologies are different for sure, but it takes longer than I thought for people to post reviews (of the LG in particular).
post #198 of 3325 Old 03-30-2011, 04:49 AM

Hi all,

Picked up a UN46D7000 at BB on Saturday and hooked it up on Sunday.

First, I am not any kind of an expert, but here are my impressions.

1. I do not notice any kind of glow when the screen is black. I mean it is deep black. Now, I can only compare it to an old Sony 40" of several years ago, and two 32" non-LEDs I have in my "Man" room and my wife's "Woman" room.

2. Without any adjusting the colors are stunning. Vibrant is what my wife calls it.

3. Not crazy about the bezel and the stand, but getting used to them.

4. I am running everything (LGBD590, Cable Box, PS3, Sony Mega Disk Changer DVD) through a Denon 2310CI via HDMI. I am seeing all sorts of audio lag on everything except the cable box. Needs some investigation.

5. I have not yet attempted to watch 3D as it is totally secondary to everything else. Besides, the 2310CI does not pass through 3D content (maybe a 3311CI is in the future )

With the exception if the audio difficulties, I love this set and can say without a doubt that it is a marked improvement over what I had. Also, when compared with other sets side by side at BB, this was the best to my eyes.

Looking forward to reading and learning more.
post #199 of 3325 Old 03-30-2011, 07:24 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlr_90 View Post

Backlight setting was at 10 when this was taken. I saw a demo model of the D7000 at sears with 0 flashlighing issues and the backlight was on 18 so it's not useless. Oh - and it did come with the Qwerty remote. Samsung is going to exchange it again. They put in a request for a UN55D8000 but said it depended on on what they had in stock.

That's not enough. You have to give us more settings than just the backlight. Backlight on 10 in Dynamic is not the same as backlight on 10 in Movie mode. If people have dynamic contrast and other junk turned on, they deserve the clouding they get. Standard picture mode sucks too.

Movie mode is the only way to go on Samsungs. If you don't like Movie mode, then you simply do not like an accurate picture....period.

Also, how long have you had the set? Sometimes you have to give it a little time for the clouding to ameliorate. You can't go beserk after just one day with the set and demand a replacement. Let it break in a bit. There are all kinds of settings buried in the menu that can be adjusted improperly, which will bring out the clouding.

If you want any sympathy from us, YOU NEED TO LIST ALL YOUR RELEVANT PICTURE SETTINGS IN DETAIL.
post #200 of 3325 Old 03-30-2011, 07:27 AM

Liked: 11
By the way, I did see a few faint vertical bands on a D7000 at Best Buy yesterday. They were not easily seen, but they were there for those who know what to look for. But I did not see any problems with flashlighting on letterbox bars on the one in the more dim area. They had Monsters vs. Aliens playing in 2D Blu ray.
post #201 of 3325 Old 03-30-2011, 08:00 AM

Liked: 12
Thanks for the vid Rivers, what firmware is that on the ps3?

KDL-46XBR929 / UN55D8000

post #202 of 3325 Old 03-30-2011, 08:40 AM

It's an illegal firmware so you can run pirated copies of games. It's funny that you will spend all of that money on the TV, but you pirate all of your games.
post #203 of 3325 Old 03-30-2011, 09:30 AM

Has anyone noticed if the picture is a little jumpy watching tv channels? You have to look closely, but my picture is actually shaking a little. It's most noticeable when you look at the dvr schedule grid I guess cause your eyes are focused trying to read the words. I switched the cable to my plasma and the picture was steady. This is my first LCD and was just wondering if that is normal; it's really not that noticeable until you know it's happening and now it's really bothering me. I know it's not the amp because turned it off and also tried it on smooth and it was still there. The blu-ray DVD player input wasn't doing it so I plugged the cable box on in that input hoping it was something different in the settings but the picture still shook in that different input also.
post #204 of 3325 Old 03-30-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwpom1 View Post

Hey everyone! Huge "electronics" not just "audiophile" guy here. I have been reading every thread on the unXXd7000 and unXXd8000 and I am having a hard time making up my mind. I am replacing a Sammy LN46A650, that I am giving to my parents, and I want to replace it with one of these two tv's. Other than the bezel, contrast ratio, included glasses (which you get a kit for free anyway on both....4 instead of 2) and the micro dimming plus, what makes the D8000 better than the D7000? I have the opportunity to buy the D8000 for a couple hundred more and I don't know if it's really worth it and I'm driving myself nutz trying to decide!!!! I primarily use the tv for watching sports and minor gaming (Battlefield series)
*posted on unXXd8000 thread as well*

coming from someone that bought the d7000, i returned it asap. the picture quality between the two is night and day and def worth the price difference. looks wise it looks much better. def worth the price difference.
post #205 of 3325 Old 03-30-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocuMaker View Post
By the way, I did see a few faint vertical bands on a D7000 at Best Buy yesterday. They were not easily seen, but they were there for those who know what to look for. But I did not see any problems with flashlighting on letterbox bars on the one in the more dim area. They had Monsters vs. Aliens playing in 2D Blu ray.
I have some light vertical banding on my 46D7000. It is visible in my Blu-ray player's light blue colored background in the main screen. It is also visible on the PS3 background with certain colors. especially when it dims down-screen saver mode. Video that pans left-right show these bands in monotone color schemes if you train your eye to look for it. Very minimal...but present.
Version No: H301
Settings:
Backlight 6
Contrast 96
Brightness 46
Sharpness 27
Advanced Settings:
Black Tone: Darker
Dynamic Contrast: Medium
Shadow Detail: 2
Picture Options:
Color Tone: Warm 2
AMP: 10-6

Great Black levels, minimal flashlighting
2D blu-rays look Brilliant!
3D blu-rays the same with minor ghosting in some scenes.
DVDs look pretty good.

Rock Band 3 requires game mode to be turned on
post #206 of 3325 Old 03-30-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbusbin View Post
coming from someone that bought the d7000, i returned it asap. the picture quality between the two is night and day and def worth the price difference. looks wise it looks much better. def worth the price difference.
lol, i don't think anyone should shell out a couple extra hundred bucks based on his opinion. i have seen a d7000 & d8000 side-by-side in store, hooked up to a bluray movie via hdmi. i played with the setting and tried calibrating based on the built in calibration patterns. the two display looks identical to the naked eye. you'll probably need a spectrometer and a controlled environment in order to detect the differences.

so for you to claimed that it's night & day is a bit of an exaggerations, lol. e.g.: going from SD to HD content was night & day.
post #207 of 3325 Old 03-30-2011, 03:30 PM

you are using analog cables (i.e.: component cables)? switch over to hdmi, there's no excuse for analog. other than that, there shouldn't be any jitters
post #208 of 3325 Old 03-30-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi04k View Post
lol, i don't think anyone should shell out a couple extra hundred bucks based on his opinion. i have seen a d7000 & d8000 side-by-side in store, hooked up to a bluray movie via hdmi. i played with the setting and tried calibrating based on the built in calibration patterns. the two display looks identical to the naked eye. you'll probably need a spectrometer and a controlled environment in order to detect the differences.

so for you to claimed that it's night & day is a bit of an exaggerations, lol. e.g.: going from SD to HD content was night & day.
You noted the problem with your comparo, in store. These differences in the sets is only going to show in a darker home environment.
post #209 of 3325 Old 03-30-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi04k
you are using analog cables (i.e.: component cables)? switch over to hdmi, there's no excuse for analog. other than that, there shouldn't be any jitters
I'm using an hdmi cable. I'm pretty sure that this wasnt happening when I first got the tv, but can't be sure since it's pretty subtle. But now I'm thinking I may try and return the tv because now that I notice it it's pretty annoying.
post #210 of 3325 Old 03-31-2011, 04:22 AM

The European UExxD8000 does not have micro dimming plus MD+ (only micro dimming - MD), thus its unclear to me if there are any advantages (other than design) to buying te D8000 rather than the D7000.

Is anyone aware of any additional differences in terms of PQ between the D7000 and D8000 which is not MD based?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46d7000 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d7000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread - Un46d7000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page