Official Samsung UNXXD7000 Owners' Thread - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've read in UK reviews that the bezel design is the only difference between the 7000 and 8000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclam2008 View Post
I've read in UK reviews that the bezel design is the only difference between the 7000 and 8000.
Thats correct. There are no other differences.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:27 AM

Except price of coarse! =)
anyone know if the major high street shops are stocking these models yet (in the UK) I would like to take a look.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

What's everyone's firmware version? My TV only has 001004, while my friend has 001006. Only problem is, my TV says there isn't any firmware available. Also, if anyone is having issues pairing the remote, check out this link:

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/...0LF&idx=341001

This solved the problem for me. Lastly, Amazon Instant Video doesn't seem to be available for this TV.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivers112 View Post

Made another video showcasing some of the Smart Hub, Web browser on the t.v.

Thanks for that video. So flash really works and works well with this 7000 series. But Hulu will still block you, correct?

Have you tried Vimeo and see how the HD video in Vimeo look? My wife loves to watch those korean soap operas on the web. The one with 100 episodes! Right now we are hooking the laptop to it and using Mobilemouse on the Iphone to control the screen but a built in web browser that fully supports flash is very tempting. Even if it is a $600-800 premium over the regular Samsung LED. I just wish Sams club or Costco carry them but it probably won't be long before they have them.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twan View Post

Thanks for the vid Rivers, what firmware is that on the ps3?

3.55 kmeaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post

Thanks for that video. So flash really works and works well with this 7000 series. But Hulu will still block you, correct?

Have you tried Vimeo and see how the HD video in Vimeo look? My wife loves to watch those korean soap operas on the web. The one with 100 episodes! Right now we are hooking the laptop to it and using Mobilemouse on the Iphone to control the screen but a built in web browser that fully supports flash is very tempting. Even if it is a $600-800 premium over the regular Samsung LED. I just wish Sams club or Costco carry them but it probably won't be long before they have them.

Vimeo HD look awesome it just really depends on your connection
Old 03-31-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi664 View Post

What's everyone's firmware version? My TV only has 001004, while my friend has 001006. Only problem is, my TV says there isn't any firmware available. Also, if anyone is having issues pairing the remote, check out this link:

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/...0LF&idx=341001

This solved the problem for me. Lastly, Amazon Instant Video doesn't seem to be available for this TV.

I'm on 1003 and it says no upgrade for me
Old 03-31-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:

I'm on 1003 and it says no upgrade for me

Same here 1003 for me. I wonder what the later upgrades are for..

I just received the 46" TV today. It's amazing, definitely worth $1900 that I paid for.

So far I have not notice any clouding or any other problems (knock on wood...).

The only complaint I have is that the HDMI input is located on the side of the TV instead on the back. Now I might need longer wire..
Old 03-31-2011, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclam2008 View Post

For the UK models this seems to be the case. For the US models this isn't true. The d7000 has micro dimming which is basically samsungs more advanced dynamic contrast software. The d8000 has micro dimming plus, which is software and hardware dimming. It has the software plus it has local dimming of the leds. The d7000 doesn't locally dim its leds as the d8000 dose. For the UK they removed the hardware for the plus dimming on the d8000 models so the d7000 and d8000 are basically the same in the UK.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:15 PM

I'm stuck on 1002 as well. I get minimal flashlighting in comparison to my c7000. I also have noticed intermittent screen tearing and the left side of the screen. I was told by Samsung to expect a firmware update in about a month. I see no difference in ghosting on 3d images from the c7000, although the picture is stunning. I sell TVs for a living and this is one of the best pictures I have seen. Blacks are incredible.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:59 PM

This TV is indeed very good for the price I paid. So far no problem with major clouding and bleeding.

I have 1 question though, when you turn off and on the TV, does it make like a clicking noise?
Old 03-31-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagit811 View Post

For the UK models this seems to be the case. For the US models this isn't true. The d7000 has micro dimming which is basically samsungs more advanced dynamic contrast software. The d8000 has micro dimming plus, which is software and hardware dimming. It has the software plus it has local dimming of the leds. The d7000 doesn't locally dim its leds as the d8000 dose. For the UK they removed the hardware for the plus dimming on the d8000 models so the d7000 and d8000 are basically the same in the UK.

From what I can make out the d8000 is £150 more expensive than the d7000.
I would have rather paid a bigger premium for local dimming hardware tbh.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:29 PM

i am disappointed with samsung. they're trying to scam us adding the "micro dimming" feature to confuse customers that there's local dimming. by definition, local dimming means that the LED must physically turn off.

i watch darks movies and i can definitely tells that the led doesn't turn off, it's still faintly lit. also the picture quality doesn't feel natural at all. i disabled all the fancy feature and tried calibrating with the expert pattern, the result was less than spectacular to me.

this tv doesn't have game mode or "just scan" for the picture adjustment. what is up with that, samsung?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:57 PM

Can someone confirm for me whether or not the D7000 plays 24p videos from a flash drive. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:27 PM

of course it can play 24p files but i don't know if it's properly outputting it at as 5:5 pulldown.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:22 AM

Not sure where Samsung said that micro dimming is equivalent to local dimming, but ok...

More likely you are just looking for an excuse to bash Samsung. Every time I've seen the D7000 and D8000 they have been some of the best looking TV's I've seen. While I'm no expert, I can only trust my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi04k View Post
i am disappointed with samsung. they're trying to scam us adding the "micro dimming" feature to confuse customers that there's local dimming. by definition, local dimming means that the LED must physically turn off.

i watch darks movies and i can definitely tells that the led doesn't turn off, it's still faintly lit. also the picture quality doesn't feel natural at all. i disabled all the fancy feature and tried calibrating with the expert pattern, the result was less than spectacular to me.

this tv doesn't have game mode or "just scan" for the picture adjustment. what is up with that, samsung?
Old 04-02-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:

yes it does. Game mode is under system>general and they just renamed just scan to "screen fit <^> Move"
Old 04-02-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:

Do yourself a favor, stop posting and do some research, your just making yourself look stupid.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post

Korean soap operas. There's a Samsung app for that. No foolin'
Old 04-02-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy View Post

Korean soap operas. There's a Samsung app for that. No foolin'

yea I was surprised that they had a Vimeo app and its pretty damn cool
Old 04-03-2011, 01:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I purchased my UN46D7000LFXZA at Best Buy on the 24th of March. The picture is outstanding. However, I've been experiencing the clouding/flashlighting/bleeding that others here have mentioned. It's pretty bad. I spoke with Samsung support and they told me to give it a couple of weeks. Not sure what difference that will make but will give it until this weekend. If it doesn't clear up I'm hoping I'll get lucky and an exchange will fix the problem. I love this TV minus the clouding issues. Very irritating.

-ResonantEcho

Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevin.l.bass
Old 04-03-2011, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResonantEcho View Post

I purchased my UN46D7000LFXZA at Best Buy on the 24th of March. The picture is outstanding. However, I've been experiencing the clouding/flashlighting/bleeding that others here have mentioned. It's pretty bad. I spoke with Samsung support and they told me to give it a couple of weeks. Not sure what difference that will make but will give it until this weekend. If it doesn't clear up I'm hoping I'll get lucky and an exchange will fix the problem. I love this TV minus the clouding issues. Very irritating.

Try to post picture, and the settings.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:37 AM

Been playing with the t.v some more and plugged in an ext. hd with some movies on it. I was surprised that it read all of movies. Only thing it can't do is read soft coded subs

Now I have a problem I deleted a movie on my external, but it still shows up on the t.v every time I plug it in. Anyone have an ideal on how to get rid of it?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:43 PM

Picked up my UN55D7000L yesterday, thought I'd throw in my two cents.

Ordered from Best Buy on 3/30 - picked it up on 4/2. I'm upgrading from a broken UN46B8000.
Came with the QWERTY remote in the box, no voucher.
Has firmware 001004, no higher rev available via online check.
Stickers show "Version: H302" on the box and on the back of the TV. (does anyone know what that translates to?)
The wireless works well and was a snap to set up on my Netgear WNDR3700 router (which I highly recommend)
At first I didn't like the stand but it's growing on me.
The low-profile bezel is GREAT. I thought it was silver like the stand from the pictures I saw on the web but it's actually clear.
It runs very cool to the touch, hardly any heat coming off the back.

There is flashlighting and corner bleeding, however:

After reading for a few hours it seems I'm not alone, many report the same issues across the web on different brands of LED TV's.

I'd say, from what I read; (and no flames please) it's just the way it is and no LED panel is going to be perfect- especially if you like your screen on the brighter side. I can get rid of it by cranking down the brightness and backlight settings, but personally; I don't see how you guys can view with a backlight setting under 13 on this TV. I will admit, I do like a brighter picture on all of my screens, phones etc.. Maybe it's just my eyes.

As others have mentioned, I probably won't notice the imperfections 95% of the time under normal viewing and perhaps never if I didn't read forums It's easy to obsess over it however, especially after the price paid. I'd consider exchanging it for another one but I doubt the replacement would be any better. Opinions?

One "flaw" with the TV is, it really brings out the limitations of lower-def viewing. I can't blame the TV for that however! At first, I really was not impressed with the TV but after some tweaking and checking out a couple of Blu-Rays, I then understood that I was only seeing the limitations of the lower quality material. Going from a 46" to a 55" is HUGE! Not long after I bought my 46", I knew I should have went bigger. The 55 is a massive upgrade.

If you're a Rush fan, you must quickly get on Amazon and order "Snakes And Arrows Live" [Blu-ray]. WOW!! At this point, that will be my "Demo" for the TV, just wow.

"Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City Music Hall" on Blu-Ray is excellent too, I'm not a big DM fan but the blu-ray is incredible.

The same goes for John Mayer: Where the Light Is - Live in Los Angeles [Blu-ray]

I wish "The Eagles - Farewell 1 Tour - Live From Melbourne" was 1080p - what an excellent concert, the DTS mix on that DVD is up with the best I've ever heard.

The Netflix app seems to work well, the experience is much better than on my BD-P1600 player.
The YouTube app really needs work in my opinion, hopefully it will improve.

Ok, enough.

Overall, I'm pretty charged up about it.

**EDIT**

The clouding is starting to bother me.. There's pretty good corner bleed in the bottom left too. Should I really deal with this on a 3K TV??

Grrrr
Old 04-03-2011, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granzon View Post
Try to post picture, and the settings.
Granzon,

I'll try to get some pictures posted. My camera is not in working order at the moment. Maybe my cell phone will suffice.

In regard to settings. I haven't made any adjustments. I'm currently using the default settings. I know adjustments can be made to reduce the clouding and bleeding. However, you would think a $2,300 TV wouldn't exhibit such noticeable clouding (all over the screen) and bleeding even with the default settings. My less expensive Vizio did not have these problems. I didn't notice how bad it was until we watched a movie in almost complete darkness. During the day it was not noticeable.

-ResonantEcho

Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevin.l.bass
Old 04-03-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:

yea I was surprised that they had a Vimeo app and its pretty damn cool

Actually, what I had in mind is the Samsung app "SBS Drama" apparently specific for Korean soap operas.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well its back to the ps3 for netflix. Every 5 mins of the HD movie legion, the annoying blink came back just like it did all the time on the C7000..... fail
Old 04-03-2011, 06:48 PM

Yah, something is up. I streamed an episode of the X-Files, was perfect. Then I tried to watch "The Odd Couple" and had the same problem.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:27 PM

Question, for those of you that did not have the Qwerty remote in the box, and instead got a voucher, have any of you actually received the remote, and if so how long did it take. I am still waiting
Old 04-03-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWebdiggity View Post

yes it does. Game mode is under system>general and they just renamed just scan to "screen fit <^> Move"

Thx for the info. I tried looking in the emanual but Navigation on this tv I'd just painfully slow.

It's pretty retarded that they placed game mode in system when most manufacture put in picture since it's to reduce picture latency.

And "just scan" and "fit screen" does not have the same meaning.

Tags
Samsung Un46d7000 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d7000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread