Official Samsung UNXXD7000 Owners' Thread - Page 94 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2791 of 3317 Old 04-25-2012, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I notice the top of my screen bleed alittle bit in dark scenes. Also see abit of white banding or clouding in horizontal line. Only notice it in dark scene when movie move from bottom up. Any one know why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 3317 Old 04-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanti123 View Post

I notice the top of my screen bleed alittle bit in dark scenes. Also see abit of white banding or clouding in horizontal line. Only notice it in dark scene when movie move from bottom up. Any one know why?

It's a function of an edge lit set.
Backlight to 8, eco sensor to bottom out at 5.
It will get better, also, this light is worse at startup.
post #2793 of 3317 Old 04-25-2012, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitra View Post

They have a breakin period of 3-4 weeks, they generally get better.
The flashlighting can be helped by keeping the backlight lower, 8 on these sets is generally equal to 14-16 on the other backlit type sets.

Use 8 for the backlight, enable the ECO sensor, set it to bottom out at 5.

You will find most if not all of the issues you're seeing with flashlighting will be gone.

Thanks Nitra..........just tried those settings, and i have seen some improvement on my dark scenes. Now how to stop the stuttering.........it doesn't do it on regular tv, but when i play files such as MKV. I have an older Samsung lcd tv and it doesn't have that problem.
post #2794 of 3317 Old 04-26-2012, 04:01 AM

Liked: 13
Lowering the Brightness control also helps lessen the clouding.
post #2795 of 3317 Old 04-26-2012, 04:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullpuss View Post

Thanks Nitra..........just tried those settings, and i have seen some improvement on my dark scenes. Now how to stop the stuttering.........it doesn't do it on regular tv, but when i play files such as MKV. I have an older Samsung lcd tv and it doesn't have that problem.

How are you playing them?
post #2796 of 3317 Old 04-26-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:

How are you playing them?

Sorry just saw your reply............i am using a wd live media player to play my files.
post #2797 of 3317 Old 04-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullpuss View Post

Sorry just saw your reply............i am using a wd live media player to play my files.

And it's not stuttering on other sources?
post #2798 of 3317 Old 04-26-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:

And it's not stuttering on other sources?

No....because regular tv over the air is ok, because i don't have cable tv anymore i wouldn't know about cable. My ps3 plays blu-ray disc fine also even though i have only watch 3 movies thus far on it, but i will continue to check. I am trying to see if its only MKV files at this point.
post #2799 of 3317 Old 04-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

If you have a computer on the lan with the TV, try downloading PS3mediaserver.
http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/

Works flawlessly with these tv's, once it's running, simply hit source, and pick the computer from the list, browse to your files, and play them.
A suggestion though, under the general configuration, set the maximum bandwidth to 110. Also, under navigation, "Enable Cache"
post #2800 of 3317 Old 04-26-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:

If you have a computer on the lan with the TV, try downloading PS3mediaserver.
http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/

Works flawlessly with these tv's, once it's running, simply hit source, and pick the computer from the list, browse to your files, and play them.
A suggestion though, under the general configuration, set the maximum bandwidth to 110. Also, under navigation, "Enable Cache"

Thanks a lot for your help, I will try this later. I just watched Transformers bluray on ps3 again and there is no stuttering. So I am guessing because I have these MKV on an external hard drive, maybe there is some delay somewhere. On the other hand my blacks are looking somewhat better than I had before, and the picture is just stunning. Samsung needs to find a way to stop the lights bleeding unto the screen though, because their picture quality is the best i have seen so far. Thanks again Nitra, your inputs have been great for us newbie's.
post #2801 of 3317 Old 04-26-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:

It's a function of an edge lit set.
Backlight to 8, eco sensor to bottom out at 5.
It will get better, also, this light is worse at startup.

I don't use Eco sensor, my back light is at 6. Now when the screen move up and down during dark it gray scene. Is see like white clouding horizontal bands across the screen. What's that?
post #2802 of 3317 Old 04-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Take a picture of it, I'd need to see the issue. Could be anything from a v-sync issue, to MPEG artifacts, to an issue with the set. Does it always appear? or only on some sources?
And it's advised that people use the ECO sensor, it really works well, it will adjust the set as needed for bright days, or low lighting. Just don't put anything with light near the lower right hand corner. The sensor is near where the red LED is.
post #2803 of 3317 Old 04-26-2012, 06:12 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Just don't put anything with light near the lower right hand corner. The sensor is near where the red LED is.

Is the sensor forward facing? I'm working on a bias lighting setup for the TV, and I'm curious if this will set off the Eco Sensor.

Cheers mate!
post #2804 of 3317 Old 04-26-2012, 06:32 PM

Nitra, I was looking into this ps3mediaserver but not quite grasping it is this something that could replace mezzmo? Must you link it with a mediaplayer also?
I could not get it to see my tv, guess I need to setup the networking manually?
post #2805 of 3317 Old 04-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deletedpenguin View Post

Is the sensor forward facing? I'm working on a bias lighting setup for the TV, and I'm curious if this will set off the Eco Sensor.

Cheers mate!

It is forward facing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spjoneser View Post

Nitra, I was looking into this ps3mediaserver but not quite grasping it is this something that could replace mezzmo? Must you link it with a mediaplayer also?

The TV can access ps3mediaserver, nothing else it's required. It just needs to be on the same LAN. Default out of the box, it works, if you're not seeing it as an input source on the TV, close it, and run as administrator.

It will show up just like swapping to another hdmi port.
post #2806 of 3317 Old 04-26-2012, 09:24 PM

Quote:

I'm using ps3media server right now, it's awesome. It's a hassle to setup, but once you do. It's well worth it.

Download the followings

CCCP or K-lite. (I prefer cccp)
PS3media server
Avisynth - optional and don't get version 2.5
CoreAvi - not free, uses CUDA for decoding video.

Install them as follows.

Cccp
Ps3mediaserver

If you want to use avisynth there are more steps to do. You will get video lag unless you run it thru gigabit eathernet connection or wifi N for high quality. Then youll have to cofigs the settings.
post #2807 of 3317 Old 04-27-2012, 05:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm using ps3media server right now, it's awesome. It's a hassle to setup, but once you do. It's well worth it.

Download the followings

CCCP or K-lite. (I prefer cccp)
PS3media server
Avisynth - optional and don't get version 2.5
CoreAvi - not free, uses CUDA for decoding video.

Install them as follows.

Cccp
Ps3mediaserver

If you want to use avisynth there are more steps to do. You will get video lag unless you run it thru gigabit eathernet connection or wifi N for high quality. Then youll have to cofigs the settings.

This information is false, you do not need any codecs. It's been like this for a long time, perhaps you have experience with an older version or are not using newer builds on the site listed above.
Out of the box it will play nearly anything under the sun.
The entire setup process is 2 minutes, install it, make the 2 changes I listed above, add your media folders, poof your TV will play the files.
post #2808 of 3317 Old 04-27-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:

This information is false, you do not need any codecs. It's been like this for a long time, perhaps you have experience with an older version or are not using newer builds on the site listed above.
The entire setup process is 2 minutes, install it, make the 2 changes I listed above, add your media folders, poof your TV will play the files.

Guess I'm gonna have to start over, it was not that easy for me. My Tv and computer are both hard wired to router. I was previously using Mezzmo which did work out of the box. When I first tried ps3mediaserver I checked the log and there was a port connection error. After running as administrator I had no more port error but still not visible on tv source list. Should I see tv listed on the renderer screen?
post #2809 of 3317 Old 04-27-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:

They have a breakin period of 3-4 weeks, they generally get better.
The flashlighting can be helped by keeping the backlight lower, 8 on these sets is generally equal to 14-16 on the other backlit type sets.

Use 8 for the backlight, enable the ECO sensor, set it to bottom out at 5.

You will find most if not all of the issues you're seeing with flashlighting will be gone.

Thanks for your help Nitra. I tried these settings and it seemed to help diminish the flash lighting. I have another question about the qwerty remote. I have it synced with the TV but when I try to use the keypad in the search bar of the browser it doesn't work. Any idea why I can't type with the keyboard?
post #2810 of 3317 Old 04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Guess I'm gonna have to start over, it was not that easy for me. My Tv and computer are both hard wired to router. I was previously using Mezzmo which did work out of the box. When I first tried ps3mediaserver I checked the log and there was a port connection error. After running as administrator I had no more port error but still not visible on tv source list. Should I see tv listed on the renderer screen?

After a connection is made, it should show up.
About 10-15 seconds after PS3mediaserver is running, pressing the source input button on the TV, you should see the PS3Mediaserver listed.
I set mine to always run as administrator. It does run a webserver type application, so it might be getting blocked by the firewall, make sure you allow any connections from the mediaserver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin1886 View Post

Thanks for your help Nitra. I tried these settings and it seemed to help diminish the flash lighting. I have another question about the qwerty remote. I have it synced with the TV but when I try to use the keypad in the search bar of the browser it doesn't work. Any idea why I can't type with the keyboard?

The keyboard side of the remote is a little iffy at times, it needs to be pretty level to switch to the keyboard mode, but it should be working. Keep in mind, it's bluetooth, if it's still failing, try and re-pair the remote, or pop the battery tray out, and watch the LCD screen on the remote until it's done rebooting.
You can also use it for other TV functions, check if that's working.
post #2811 of 3317 Old 04-27-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:

After a connection is made, it should show up.
About 10-15 seconds after PS3mediaserver is running, pressing the source input button on the TV, you should see the PS3Mediaserver listed.
I set mine to always run as administrator. It does run a webserver type application, so it might be getting blocked by the firewall, make sure you allow any connections from the mediaserver.

Cool, I'll check it out when I get home tonight, Thanks for the help

p.s. You're recommended settings adjustments have made my picture look great!
post #2812 of 3317 Old 04-27-2012, 12:07 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

The keyboard side of the remote is a little iffy at times, it needs to be pretty level to switch to the keyboard mode, but it should be working. Keep in mind, it's bluetooth, if it's still failing, try and re-pair the remote, or pop the battery tray out, and watch the LCD screen on the remote until it's done rebooting.
You can also use it for other TV functions, check if that's working.

When my Qwerty side of the remote died Samsung had to send a service tech to replace a circuit board in my TV that contained the bluetooth.
See also if your 3d glasses pair with the TV. If they don't then the problem is with the TV.
post #2813 of 3317 Old 04-27-2012, 03:06 PM

You can also use it for other TV functions, check if that's working.[/quote]

Thanks I will try that tonight.
post #2814 of 3317 Old 04-27-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:

I had mine since last year, a lot of my video files are mkv. I also have Coreavi, so I was taking advantage of my video card for video rendering.

Btw nitra here are the pictures of that white band. It's really hard to get a good picture of it.
LL
LL
post #2815 of 3317 Old 04-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I had mine since last year, a lot of my video files are mkv. I also have Coreavi, so I was taking advantage of my video card for video rendering.

Btw nitra here are the pictures of that white band. It's really hard to get a good picture of it.

It uses DXVA out of the box now. No need for Coreavi anymore.

Also, you mean the band right at the top and bottom? if so, that's normal, that's the edge lit panel. Keep the backlight around 8, and use the eco sensor.
After 3-4 weeks it gets a bit better, and your eye will adjust for it.
post #2816 of 3317 Old 04-27-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:

It uses DXVA out of the box now. No need for Coreavi anymore.

Also, you mean the band right at the top and bottom? if so, that's normal, that's the edge lit panel. Keep the backlight around 8, and use the eco sensor.
After 3-4 weeks it gets a bit better, and your eye will adjust for it.

No, is hard to see it with camera, but if you look at the first picture. There's a band just above the button one.
post #2817 of 3317 Old 04-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

No, is hard to see it with camera, but if you look at the first picture. There's a band just above the button one.

You'd need to view it on an all single color screen.
The playstation has some dynamic changes to it's color screens.
Try and get a disc like the AV 709 and check it's sample colors.
post #2818 of 3317 Old 04-28-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:

You'd need to view it on an all single color screen.
The playstation has some dynamic changes to it's color screens.
Try and get a disc like the AV 709 and check it's sample colors.

Here one single color screen picture
LL
post #2819 of 3317 Old 04-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

What brightness/backlight is putting it up like that?
post #2820 of 3317 Old 04-28-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:

What brightness/backlight is putting it up like that?

I have calibrated my tv with the disc from this forum and colorimeter. My backlight it's at 6, brightness is at 44.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46d7000 46 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Un60d7000 60 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page