Vizio remote or sensor problems? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-24-2011, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We bought a brand new vizio lcd tv for my aunt, but she is having trouble with the remote or the remote sensor. I believe it is the sensor, because I have tried a universal remote and it does the same thing.

The problem is whenever I push in the buttons to select a channel number, sometimes the selection won't register, or sometimes the selection will duplicate. For instance, if I were to enter channel 71, sometimes I get 771, or 777, or 711. This is the same for all the numbers, not just the 7 and 1 in this example. Also, sometimes the TV will just shut itself off when I press a channel selection.

I spoke with Vizio and they suggested powering down the TV and the remote and trying again. This didn't solve anything. They offered to send us a new remote, but again, I don't think it is the remote's fault due to a separate universal remote having the same trouble.

I am still within the walmart return window, so I will probably be taking this back this weekend, but I just wondered if anyone else ran into this issue with Vizio and if there was a solution or just something that happens.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page