LG 47LD630 to HTPC - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-29-2011, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,

I'm trying to get a new LG 47LD630 tv set up to my HTPC. Previously I had an old toshiba 32". The Toshiba worked fine with hdmi-hdmi after upgrading from a dvi-hdmi, however I can't get the LG to work.

I can dual run monitors with the hdmi-hdmi in the tosh, and dvi-hdmi in the LG but not vice versa.

I think this may be a resolution problem, but not quite sure. The LG will pick up the hdmi-hdmi in the bios, but when it boots into windows losses (presumable graphics drivers).

I have an ATI 5670 card in the HTPC for refernce, with the 11.2 drivers. I've tried both manual and auto detect of displays. The HDMI cable is version 1.3.

Suggestions what to try next? I thought about uninstalling drivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2011, 06:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Are you runnng the two TVs in clone mode or in extended desktto mode? What resolution are you sending to them?
Old 03-30-2011, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was able to get it going last night, uninstalling the ATI drivers did the trick and then reinstalling. Also tried a different cable, may have been a bit of both.