Official Samsung LNxxD550 owners thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #241 of 242 Old 08-27-2015, 04:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sorry for the necro, but has anyone figured out what the best setting is for "Shadow Detail" on this TV? I'm getting conflicting reports about which setting minimises it. Some say 0 while others say +2. So which is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 242 Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGR49 View Post
Sorry for the necro, but has anyone figured out what the best setting is for "Shadow Detail" on this TV? I'm getting conflicting reports about which setting minimises it. Some say 0 while others say +2. So which is it?
No need to apologize for the old thread, that's what it's here for IMO.

As far as settings for this TV, I bought mine late in the game (3 years ago) and found most settings listed here mean little because they apparently changed LCD panels several times (at least) throughout the life of this model.

The best advice I found here was to name the inputs correctly, something the typical non-technical TV owner would never figure out, then tinker with it with a known good quality recording or disc. I've found myself on occasion tinkering with settings only to realize the local broadcast source was wacky.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 32 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln32d550 , Samsung Ln37d550 Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Ln46d550 46 Inch 1080p 60hz Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Ln40d550 40 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page