Official Sharp 2011 LC-70LE732U Owner's Thread [NO PRICE TALK] - Page 128 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3811 of 3824 Old 09-11-2013, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My cat loves to run across the table or sofa where the remotes are sitting (or my keyboard) randomly hitting all kinds of keys. It can be very frustrating trying to get everything working again. Getting a remote in some weird mode where it no longer controls the equipment you expect it to is very easy to cause but not always easy to fix,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3812 of 3824 Old 09-11-2013, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Put them in a basket or something. I have a wire drawer divider that's kind of like for silverware. I think I got it in the office section of Walmart or Staples, or OfficeMax. It's made of some kind of dark metal.
post #3813 of 3824 Old 10-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone know how to access the service menu on this unit and what stuff you can modify on it?

I have tried to calibrate my Sharp 732 in game mode (since that's the only one without severe input lag while gaming) but my blue colors are way off and cannot be corrected without max CMS boost plus a lot of color boost which in turn affects all the other colors.

I am wondering if you can make further mode specific adjustments in the service menu? Also, is there any manual out there that explains what everything in there does?

Thanks!
post #3814 of 3824 Old 10-04-2013, 03:01 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post

Anyone know how to access the service menu on this unit and what stuff you can modify on it?

I have tried to calibrate my Sharp 732 in game mode (since that's the only one without severe input lag while gaming) but my blue colors are way off and cannot be corrected without max CMS boost plus a lot of color boost which in turn affects all the other colors.

I am wondering if you can make further mode specific adjustments in the service menu? Also, is there any manual out there that explains what everything in there does?

Thanks!

What could possibly be in the service menu that isn't available to you now? I suggest you start with the "user" setting, shutting off all processing, then calibrate.
post #3815 of 3824 Old 10-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

What could possibly be in the service menu that isn't available to you now? I suggest you start with the "user" setting, shutting off all processing, then calibrate.

Man reason is from the CMS settings alone I cannot get the TV to calibrate to spec when in game mode due to the preset color being too far out of whack. I was able to get a very good calibration using movie mode and turning all processing but the input lag is still very substantial.

My understanding is you can further push certain color settings when in service mode. Has anyone else had this problem? For reference I am using a colorimeter with CalMAN
post #3816 of 3824 Old 11-13-2013, 07:05 AM

Liked: 13
I'm considering buying one of these TV's to replace an aging Westinghouse TV I've had for several years.

Having a hard time deciding on pulling the trigger for this. My budget is a little on the meh side but since this is 2 model years old now, it has come down into that range.
post #3817 of 3824 Old 12-13-2013, 07:40 PM

Liked: 10
I just recently have had some "weirdness" with my TV. First thing I noticed was an issue with the remote. The input button seemed to stop working on the remote. The input button on the TV itself works, as does using an IP remote. Playing with the remote a little more it seems that I have a few buttons that have gone out, all in a row. From left to right those buttons are: Mute, Volume UP, Channel UP, and Input. The 4 buttons above those are apparently dead as well: CC, AV Mode, View Mode, and Flashback.

While it seems odd that a portion of the remote would up and die, I noticed another odd behavior. The LED power indicator "^", now doesn't go out when the power is off. Yes, I was able to go into the settings and turn it off, but I swear the normal behavior was that it was lit while the TV was on, and it went out when the power was off. Now it just stays on unless I go into the settings and disable it, then it only lights for a few moments when you hit the power button.

It's especially odd that these seemed to have happened at the same time... Anyone seen anything similar?

-Jared
post #3818 of 3824 Old 12-16-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredtschetter View Post

I just recently have had some "weirdness" with my TV. First thing I noticed was an issue with the remote. The input button seemed to stop working on the remote. The input button on the TV itself works, as does using an IP remote. Playing with the remote a little more it seems that I have a few buttons that have gone out, all in a row. From left to right those buttons are: Mute, Volume UP, Channel UP, and Input. The 4 buttons above those are apparently dead as well: CC, AV Mode, View Mode, and Flashback.

While it seems odd that a portion of the remote would up and die, I noticed another odd behavior. The LED power indicator "^", now doesn't go out when the power is off. Yes, I was able to go into the settings and turn it off, but I swear the normal behavior was that it was lit while the TV was on, and it went out when the power was off. Now it just stays on unless I go into the settings and disable it, then it only lights for a few moments when you hit the power button.

It's especially odd that these seemed to have happened at the same time... Anyone seen anything similar?

-Jared

Hmmmm. thank GOD I got the Extended Service Plan! (Sorry, Jared! you were asking a certain question and I took that as a time to gloat on my mistrust of new electronics!) wink.gif

But anyway, does seem weird. Maybe, you need another remote? Now, that's also assuming you already changed the batteries, right? If you DO have a service contract with Sharp, maybe you should contact them direct to see if there's anything they can do about the funky remote?

Haven't owned mine long enough to say how long the remote SHOULD last.......
post #3819 of 3824 Old 12-16-2013, 07:50 PM

Yes, first thing I did was swap the batteries... I ordered a new remote, should be in my grubby hands tomorrow. I'll report back how that works for me, but I'm guessing there is something amiss with the power circuit to explain the LED power light never turning off. The screen obviously turns off, but the fact that the ^ never turns off just annoys me.

-Jared
post #3820 of 3824 Old 12-18-2013, 06:14 PM

Yeah, I dunno... Hope you get it fixed! But at the same time, you'd think the ^ light would be OFF if somthing was failing? Not the other way around.

I kept the ^ (Chevron) on when powered, so I can tell the TV is ON! It's just that good at going "black" when powered on, that at night you really don't know it's on. Mine happens to default to PS3 input 1st, so when PS3 is Off, screen is black until I input something.

Without that indicator, you just never know when it's turned OFF or ON!! (to Me, anyway)

Good Luck! Let us all know....?
post #3821 of 3824 Old 12-23-2013, 08:34 AM

Well the new remote fixes my issue with the dead buttons. The issue with the power indicator remains, and I noticed that there seemed to be an issue with the ethernet port as well. I usually keep it hardwired into my switch, and the switch would flip out and reset once in a while when the TV was plugged in. Through process of elimination I narrowed it down to the TV. I've got someone coming to look at it this week. Wish me luck for an inexpensive repair!
post #3822 of 3824 Old 03-06-2014, 08:46 PM

Hi guys, I. After a little help here.

How do I get rid of the persistent "HDMI1" in the top right corner? It's been there ever since the dog ate the remote. :-/ is there a way to disable it via the settings somewhere?

Thanks!

post #3823 of 3824 Old 09-11-2014, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Great TV but I have clouding thats really distracting
post #3824 of 3824 Old 09-12-2014, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15