Official Sony NX720 Owner's thread (KDL60NX720, KDL55NX720, KDL46NX720) - Page 117 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #3481 of 3482 Old 07-24-2017, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by randys1 View Post
Great, thanks!
I don't have images yet to post, and I have only watched 4k YouTube vids and a little bit of Netflix, but I can say that with a reliable UHD source AND proper calibration, banding is NOT an issue.

However - Take away any of those requirements and you MAY get some. I watched a ripped (1080p) copy of Prometheus and the cave scenes were lousy with black crush-banding. I intent to recalibrate for the more compressed vids I have on that input. I will post some before & afters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 3482 Old 07-24-2017, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrain28 View Post
I don't have images yet to post, and I have only watched 4k YouTube vids and a little bit of Netflix, but I can say that with a reliable UHD source AND proper calibration, banding is NOT an issue.

However - Take away any of those requirements and you MAY get some. I watched a ripped (1080p) copy of Prometheus and the cave scenes were lousy with black crush-banding. I intent to recalibrate for the more compressed vids I have on that input. I will post some before & afters.
Thanks!

I see zero difference between 1080P and UHD as to this issue, whether on DirectV or Netflix, etc .

As to calibration, if I had to turn the contrast and brightness way down to resolve, nuts to that. I got rid of the best plasma money could buy for under $20,000 because of the lack of contrast/brightness, but that is a different conversation.

Let me know, thanks , I appreciate it !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Displays , Sony Bravia Kdl46nx720 46 Inch 1080p Wifi 3d Led Hdtv , 3d Hdtv , Component Receivers , Sony Bravia Kdl55nx720 55 Inch 1080p 3d Led Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page